Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Notices

Old May 24th, 2018, 03:58 PM   #1
Dave Wolfe
CCS Amateur #501

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): '09 250 SE 'Booger'

Supercorsa bobble wobble weave ?

Hey does yalls supercorsas seem to bobble or weave a bit when you are going straight or leaned over a little? My previous bridgestones and new pirelli rains dont do this at all, theyre very stable going straight. Im runnin the SC's at 30f / 26r hot per tire vendor. Im also a big guy if that matters.
Dave Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 24th, 2018, 04:16 PM   #2
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Depends on how big!

Iowa corn field big?

Iowa pig farm big?

Could just be spent bearings from corn feed pig farm 6'10" 350 lbs. country boy, or not.

Old May 24th, 2018, 04:23 PM   #3
DannoXYZ

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Try about 2/3psi more and see how that feels. Pirelli QC has slipped, try a different set of tyres. I always have 2nd set of wheels & tyres of each model I’m using to swap out to test issues like this.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 24th, 2018, 04:42 PM   #4
Dave Wolfe
CCS Amateur #501

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
Depends on how big!

Iowa pig farm big?
Yummm. I love bacon. Crispy, not that godaweful soggy crap the British eat.

Old May 24th, 2018, 04:46 PM   #5
Dave Wolfe
CCS Amateur #501

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Try about 2/3psi more and see how that feels. Pirelli QC has slipped, try a different set of tyres. I always have 2nd set of wheels & tyres of each model I’m using to swap out to test issues like this.
That was going to be my next step unless everyone here said "yep thats pretty normal just ride thru it you big wimp"

Old May 24th, 2018, 05:03 PM   #6
cbinker
Track Clown

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, 21 MV F3 800, Kawasaki 400 build

MOTM - Sep '15
bigger guys do need more rear tire pressure. I know the tires are different, but dunlop Q3+ was recommended 33f and 26r, I destroyed the rear in one weekend. I moved my next rear to 30 and it looks great and feels even better. i am 6'0" 190#

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com
cbinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 24th, 2018, 05:18 PM   #7
Dave Wolfe
CCS Amateur #501

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbinker View Post
bigger guys do need more rear tire pressure. I know the tires are different, but dunlop Q3+ was recommended 33f and 26r, I destroyed the rear in one weekend. I moved my next rear to 30 and it looks great and feels even better. i am 6'0" 190#
Interesting. The weaving did feel like it was coming from the rear. Ive got 40# on you

Old May 25th, 2018, 03:46 AM   #8
tgold
ninjette.org sage

Name: Timm

Motorcycle(s): 2006 1050 Speed Triple, 2010 250 Ninja racebike, YZF320RR? Racebike

MOTM - Nov '15
Didn't have any issues with the supercorsas when I ran them.

First thing I'd double check is wheel alignment. I'm not small (195lb) and I haven't had any straight line issues. Only "weaving" I've really experienced is chassis flex while cranked over and going over bumps or high speed off-camber stuff. Bike gets a little wiggly doing that, but that's just normal 250 Ninja stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
This is based on what evidence?
tgold is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2018, 07:57 AM   #9
DannoXYZ

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgold View Post

This is based on what evidence?
More and more people reporting problems over past 10-yrs. More and more people standing at Pirelli booth requesting replacements for defective tyres. I don’t bother with Pirelli auto tyres any more. I developed identical spares system just because of Pirellis. Couldn’t tell Pirelli folks their tyre was defective if I swapped in Dunlops and problem went away.

This is more an issue with bigger more powerful bikes as defects show up easier. My buddy Jason who races an RSV4 usually goes through one set per day. Some weekends, he’s had to return 2-3 Pirelli tyres. He say that’s way more than he’s had to do 20-yrs ago when he was racing AMA professionally.

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; May 25th, 2018 at 09:12 AM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old May 25th, 2018, 09:41 AM   #10
cbinker
Track Clown

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, 21 MV F3 800, Kawasaki 400 build

MOTM - Sep '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Wolfe View Post
Interesting. The weaving did feel like it was coming from the rear. Ive got 40# on you
Also too tight on the bars, even if you think you are not, can cause a wallowing feeling. I got some coaching this past year and something I thought was normal turned out i was gripping the bars too tight. The feeling went away when I relaxed more.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com
cbinker is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old May 25th, 2018, 12:39 PM   #11
Zaph42
ninjette.org sage

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300 (race), Ninja 1000 (road)

Just a comment: I noticed a bit of weaving feeling when my steering stem bearings went bad. It was a different feeling than the normal chassis flex this bike has. I felt it as much straight up and down and sometimes in transitions. But it did feel like it was coming more from the front though.

I was kind of surprised at the solid feel I got when I put in All Balls tapered roller bearings.