ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Notices

Old February 15th, 2016, 02:30 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[American Motorcyclist Association] - AMA member, motocross racer wins AMA Motorcycle

PICKERINGTON, Ohio -- When Ben Horgen of Rochester, Minn., learned that the 1986 Honda CR250R that he won in an AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame raffle was an original-condition runner, he was thrilled.

"Bikes aren't meant to sit and look at," said the 15-year AMA member. "Bikes are meant to be ridden. I'm looking forward to taking this one to a vintage race this year for sure."

Horgen, who races hare scrambles, motocross, flat track and ATV motocross, was randomly drawn as the winner of the Honda CR250R raffle bike during the 2015 AMA Championship Banquet held in Columbus, Ohio, on Jan. 23.

"I was reading the AMA Extra e-newsletter, saw there was a raffle and bought a ticket online," Horgen said. "I really wasn't planning on winning the bike. I was just sitting at home, thinking about racing, and saw it as a way to support the Hall of Fame museum. I want to make sure my little ones, who are 1 and zero, can grow up and see these old bikes at the museum."

All proceeds from the raffle help fund the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame, a 501(c)(3) non-profit that is located on the AMA campus in Pickerington, Ohio. Each year, the Hall of Fame raises money with raffles of cool motorcycles, including original survivors, restored classics and cutting-edge customs.

Currently, the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame is raffling a 1947 Indian Chief. One of the most classic and recognizable American motorcycles of 20th Century, this vintage Indian Chief, with its muscular V-twin engine and deeply skirted fenders, is an iconic machine that has always stood apart from the crowd.

You can receive one chance to win the Indian for a $5 donation, or receive five chances for a $20 donation. Donations may be made at www.motorcyclemuseum.org. You must be 18 years or older and a resident of the United States to win. The winning ticket will be drawn during AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio, July 8-10.

Click here for full story...