Old July 7th, 2010, 05:50 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[sportrider - tech] - Ask the Geek: Michelin Tire and Master Cylinder Questions

Ask the Geek: Michelin Tire and Master Cylinder Questions

Your abnormal guide to things abnormalWe Never Get Tired Of Tire Questions
I ran Michelin Pilot Power 120/70-17 and 190/50-17 on my '99 GSX-R750. The grip level and the mileage of this tire were pretty impressive and I was determined to use it again. However, when the tires were finished I changed to a used set of Bridgestone BT-002 Race 120/70-17 and 190/55-17, which I had been using on another bike for track days. With the Bridgestones on my GSX-R it feels like 20kg less. Steering is so much lighter and it's lot more fun to ride, although stability is compromised. Now I am lost. The BT-002 Race is not street legal, and I do not know if I can get the same feeling with the BT-002 RS in the same dimension. Or is the different feeling mainly due to the change in dimension from 50 to 55? In such case I could use the Pilot Power 190/55-17 or the 190/50-17 and adjust the ride height (I have an adjustable hlins rear shock).
Robert Schuhmayer
Austria

Photo Gallery: Ask the Geek: Michelin Tire and Master Cylinder Questions - Sport Rider magazine

Ask the Geek: Michelin Tire and Master Cylinder Questions | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

Click here for full story...