ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old May 6th, 2014, 09:32 AM   #1
Bigballsofpaint
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 2015 636 ABS - 69 Honda 305

LA guys, help me out. Motorcycle rental?

Ive been looking online and have found a few places. The only decent one ive found is on rental-motorcycle.com and AdMo tours i think they are called. Decent rate (160 a day) and i dont need an extra 3k or whatever for them to hold in case i damage the bike ( i think they require like 1k though).

Do you guys know of any other good rental places? Im looking to rent a BMW 1200RT for 4 days Nov1-Nov5. Ill be going up to yosemite, through napa valley, san fran, carmel, and then down Rt 1 back to LA and figured it would be a good bike to use, same weight as my Ninja 1000 and hopefully a little more comfortable. We have done 3 days trips up to Maine and back so it wont be our first long trip, ive mapped out so were not doing more than 400 miles a day and we can spend a few hours each day in each area, so it should be pretty enjoyable. Thanks guys
Bigballsofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 6th, 2014, 09:52 AM   #2
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
it's expensive

Old May 6th, 2014, 12:07 PM   #3
capt_bugaloo
motorcycle rider

Name: Bruce

Motorcycle(s): '14 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom (silver)

Yeah. I would call $160/day the going rate, but not a decent rate.

WTF is it that rental places are all full of BMWs and Harley touring rigs, but almost no one ever rents something like a 250? One of the best tours of my life was in New Zealand many years ago, when I rented a Ninja 500 for $75/day.

Old May 6th, 2014, 12:12 PM   #4
Bigballsofpaint
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 2015 636 ABS - 69 Honda 305

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_bugaloo View Post
Yeah. I would call $160/day the going rate, but not a decent rate.

WTF is it that rental places are all full of BMWs and Harley touring rigs, but almost no one ever rents something like a 250? One of the best tours of my life was in New Zealand many years ago, when I rented a Ninja 500 for $75/day.
The AdMo place has a wide varity, an R6, ducatis, GSXR, S1000, etc. Most places have the Harley/BMW/Goldwing route though and thats it. Which is fine with me since i will be 2 up for 4 days, id like to try a BMW though anyway.
Bigballsofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 6th, 2014, 01:28 PM   #5
Panda
not an actual panda

Name: dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2009 CBR600RR (Sold)

http://www.racyrentals.com/ is another place you might want to check out.

I am planning a similar trip out to death valley then up to yosemite than back down to LA.
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 8th, 2014, 08:54 PM   #6
jdubbya
ninjette.org member

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250

Ive rented from EagleCycles in San Francisco before. Looks like they have an outfit in LA.

Think I rented a Piaggio Mp3 scooter for like 90 bucks a day. It was soooo worth it cruising that thing up Highway 1.
jdubbya is offline   Reply With Quote