Closed Thread

Old August 25th, 2011, 06:49 PM   #1
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

Name: AMMOCAN

Motorcycle(s): *SOLD* '10 Kawasaki 250R SE A.K.A. SLIME-R *SOLD*

Mac Mini or XBOX 360 Donation

Wazup fellow Ninjette.org members,

I need your help. As some of you may or may not know, I am not doing well financially, which is why I have decided to reach out to all of my fellow Ninjette.org members for some help. I am not asking for money.

However, I am currently in need of either a Mac Mini Core 2 Duo model or a XBOX 360 Pro/Elite/or S model that has a removable hard drive. The reason I need one of these is because I need to create a local server for some software I need to run and learn on, as part of my academic Web Developer program.

I would appreciate it if any of you could keep your eyes and ears open for the opportunity to get your hands on either the Mac Mini or one of the XBOX 360 models that I listed above. Of course, I won't be able to pay anyone for it due to my financial circumstances, but I will work something out with you in regards to paying/reimbursing for the shipping fees.

If you think you might be able to help me out, then please send me a PM or leave me a post here.

Thank you,

Old August 25th, 2011, 07:31 PM   #2
setasai
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

Sorry to hear about your financial situation. I'll keep a look out.

In the meantime, what kind of specs are you looking for? Why so specifically one of those 2?

Old August 25th, 2011, 08:43 PM   #3
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

Thanx for keeping a lookout for me setasai.

Well, the specifications I need are mainly dependent on the Server OS I use, but I am also needing specific specifications due to the software and tests I am having to use the server for.

The reason I specifically need either a 'Core 2 Duo' Mac Mini or an XBOX 360 Pro, Elite, or S model with a removable Hard Drive is because they are relatively devices that can be found in most homes and are devices that obtain the minimum specifications needed to be turned into a server and run the required tests and software for which I am learning.

I need at least a 'Core 2 Duo' Mac Mini because if I have a Mac Mini to use, then it has to run the Mac OS Lion Server software, which requires at least a 'Core 2 Duo' processor. If I am running a Mac Sever OS it has to be Mac OS Lion due to the requirements of the other software I need to use with it.

I need the XBOX 360 model to be either a Pro, Elite, or S model because those are the models that have a removable hard drive and the architecture needed to turn it into a server using a Linux Server OS and provide the minimum specifications needed to run my required software and tests.

Basically, the specs needed to run a Mac Server OS need to be higher because of the requirements needed to run the Mac OS Lion Server software. The specs needed to run a Linux Server OS doesn't need to be as high because the Linux 11.04 OS Server software doesn't require it. The software and tests I am required to use and perform require that the Server OS I use be the latest edition of either Linux or Mac.

Old August 25th, 2011, 09:46 PM   #4
setasai
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

Ah, got it. Goodluck on the hunt!

Old August 26th, 2011, 12:32 AM   #5
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

Thanx again setasai.

Old August 27th, 2011, 07:08 AM   #6
miss_syn
my hair matches my bike

Name: Tiffany

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Red 250r

Lion is being a PITA with network connectivity. I don't know if you have a computer now but you could run something like Virtualbox...

Old August 27th, 2011, 03:41 PM   #7
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

Thank you for the info. miss_syn. I am sorry that you are having difficulties with Lion, as I haven't experienced any myself. Yes, I know that I could use a VM like Virtualbox or Parallels to create a local server on my machine, but I would rather not risk messing up the only working machine that I have and depend on throughout a daily basis. My professors themselves even highly suggest that we use a separate device/machine to create our server on.

Old August 30th, 2011, 03:13 PM   #8
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

UPDATE:

Well, it doesn't look like I am going to have any luck in having either of the two preferred devices I need to create my server donated. So, because I am running out of time I have decided to go in a different direction. However, this requires that I have a firewire 800 external drive with it's own power supply. I would appreciate it if anyone could donate one to me.

I am also willing to trade my brand new GPI Stands/Lifts for one of comparable value, which I paid a little over $100 for. The only thing is that I won't be able to ship them, so the transaction would need to take place in person, which means they would need to be willing to either come to me or meet me some where close by. I would like at all costs not to get rid of my stands/lifts, but right now it is important that I get this server environment created.

Please send me a PM if you think you might be able to help out.

Thank you,

Old September 3rd, 2011, 10:11 PM   #9
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

Please Close.

Thank you,

Closed Thread