ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old November 13th, 2010, 10:26 PM   #1
wild-bill
seeking twisties

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '07 Ninja 650R, '09 250R special edition

Racer's Road again-140 miles today.

Well, I went back to my fav road near Houston area today. It rained this morning with more forcasted tomorrow, so I got my riding in while it was dry. Since the bike had almost 300 miles, I took it up a little faster-72 indicated for brief periods. I rode the freeway to get to Racer's Road, but varied speed and RPM every few minutes. And about every 8 miles, I'd get down on the feeder for a couple of miles-trying to vary the RPM during break in. At the end of the fun road, there's a little park. Another rider was there. We talked for a few minutes-he had a Triumph Speed Triple-nice! He's been riding for a year.

On the way back home, it was getting cold. I made it home right at dark. that ride was 97 miles.

At 8:30, I decided I wanted some more fun. So I put my cold weather gear on and did another 40 something miles around in Houston. When I was almost home I fueled up and added Sta Bil when I got home. This bike definitely has some advantages over the 650R. Brakes are better, especially the rear. On the big bike I almost have to stand on the pedal to get any stopping power out of the rear. Seat height is a little lower. I'm not as clumsy on it with my short legs. The windshield is perfect. Buffeting and wind noise is minimal. I don't even wear earplugs with this bike. Even at freeway speeds the wind noise is so quiet I can hear the engine. At 8600RPM(that's as high as I've had it), the images in the mirrors are still clear. What a great bike!!
Tomorrow I'll change the oil again-401 miles on the odo so far.

Old November 14th, 2010, 09:57 AM   #2
randomwalk101
self wrencher

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 08 250r and 07 600r

Nice ride bill. We need to get together next Sat and do some saddle time.
BTW, that guy on the Speed Triple doesn't happen to name Daniel is he?
My friend just bought one and he just happens to start riding a year ago...he's in Austin though although he originally from here.
randomwalk101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 14th, 2010, 10:43 AM   #3
wild-bill
seeking twisties

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '07 Ninja 650R, '09 250R special edition

Hi John. No his name is not Daniel. Can't remember it-not a common name. He lives a little north of Richmond/Rosenburg. Next Saturday would be great. Do you have any roads in mind? Any favorites?

Old November 14th, 2010, 11:41 AM   #4
randomwalk101
self wrencher

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 08 250r and 07 600r

We can hit racer road again if you like. I've only been there once. Then back to 99 and hit crab river and back to Katy for some seafood at captain Tom?
randomwalk101 is offline   Reply With Quote