ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Group Rides and Local Events

Old April 24th, 2010, 06:40 PM   #161
sugarbear
ninjette.org member

Name: Carol

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2004 BMW 1150RT

Hey, Dave.

You have some A+++ pointers for the new BLUE Ninja man. (Did I mention it's BLUE???? LOL)
Yeah, I'm ready to roll any time. Call me soon. Itchin' to get out for a ride!! We can do a short run anytime.
Just got the BMW back today. That's another story...
Anyway, I have a friend who rides a Hayabusa that may be interested in riding with us sometime!!! Sweet bike. We rode for awhile today after I picked up the beemer.
There are a few activities coming up. The blessing in Hell would be way fun
Let's get organized!!!
ScorpionNinja guy is da Boss
sugarbear is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 24th, 2010, 07:17 PM   #162
TmP
Highway Ramp Hero

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 09 250r

When is the blessing in hell?
I have to check that area out anyways!

As far as mods go: I know the 250 is slow as faaaawk.
That's why I picked it up in the first place.
But loud pipes save lives and It doesn't hurt to richen up the bike a bit.
This thing is ridiculously lean...

Track days -> Grattan. Can't wait

//edit:
Ordered a race gas cap.
I don't like fuggin around with the key...

Last futzed with by TmP; April 25th, 2010 at 05:14 AM.
TmP is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 25th, 2010, 07:10 AM   #163
sugarbear
ninjette.org member

I think the blessing in Hell is on May 24th?
It will be mostly a Harley Fest, but it's a pretty big event and more sportbikes are showing up in Hell now.
Something about being blessed in Hell certainly intrigues me
So where's Rage and DarkStar? Not hearing from you guys....

Old April 25th, 2010, 07:35 AM   #164
TmP
Highway Ramp Hero

Sweet. That'd be a great meet for all local 250s !!!

OMG, the mod list is getting longer and longer.
For me this is the first bike I've owned with awesome aftermarket support!
If everything goes to plan, my little ninja should be pretty sweet in time for the blessing

What I still need: Nojima full system, Dynojet kit, ignition tuner, K&N filter, clip ons, Pazzos, rear sets and frame sliders. I think that's all.
No wait! Led tail and HIDs.
Can't wait

Old April 26th, 2010, 07:44 AM   #165
ScorpionNinja
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650RTE & 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (SOLD)

tmp, A.D.D.!!!

Slow down on mods, unless you really have a huge budget!
Dont be one of those ppl, charging on your credit card, more then you will be able to pay so Obama bails you out, hurting the rest of us Honest taxpayers!

I just wanted to say i forgot a simple item, yet effective thing...
The flickering taillight Will help warn ppl behind you at stop lights and such. All ways check your 6, never know when you need to move from those cellphone,texting,asshole drivers these days man!

instead rushing for the LED taillight/turn signal crazy like everyone else.

(some of those LEDs i really question the visibility and saftey of them vs the Well seen, Stock blinkers)

A taillight modulator!

its plug and play, costed like $31.00 shipped to my door.

I used paypal, and b4 i ordered it, i emailed the guy back n forth... i was happy with doing business with him.

http://www.nocutmodulators.com/
ScorpionNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 26th, 2010, 07:53 AM   #166
ScorpionNinja

no its May 23rd (Sunday) Hells blessing of bikes!

Still no gas cap!

Carol (and others) I would really like to plan a ride on a Sat or Sun morning , sometime May - 9th (sun), 15/16, 22 (Sat) out to those Irish Hills!!!

ive never been out there. i hear its pretty scenary and such, not many twisties, but more curves?

Old April 26th, 2010, 07:55 AM   #167
carajean
ninjette.org member

Name: cara

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r

Hey guys long time no talk. I still have my ninja just now im lookin to possible get a 20005-2006 blue ninja zx6r. No I havent found one but thats the one I want. The 250 is ok, but im growing out of it in less than a month.
carajean is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 26th, 2010, 08:03 AM   #168
ScorpionNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by carajean View Post
Hey guys long time no talk. I still have my ninja just now im lookin to possible get a 20005-2006 blue ninja zx6r. No I havent found one but thats the one I want. The 250 is ok, but im growing out of it in less than a month.
Oh i hear ya on that jean!

Im still making payments on my 250. I really would like a more powerful bike, ZX-6R would be nice, but for my next bike i think ill get a Cruiser type. As ill keep the 250 for street short rides or for fun events, i want a comfy bike to be able to cruise up to traverse city w/o any butt breaks!
That and so my passenger has more room too!

Unless i win the lotto, then ill buy like 5 bikes, 1 for each mood of riding im in or distance!

Next years blessing I will be going to the Baldwin, Mi. one!!! Hell is lots closer to ride out to, for my GFs butt's sake and i know carol likes to go to it, due to it being closer. I dunno if carol would ride her 250 out to Baldwin, Mi. its about 215-220miles One Way!

I myself would need 1 30min break, if I rode to baldwin mi. Unless i have a Corbin seat or modded gel seat.

Old April 26th, 2010, 08:05 AM   #169
carajean
ninjette.org member

Yeah me and the BF are slated to go to this years blessing of the bikes.

Old April 26th, 2010, 08:10 AM   #170
TmP
Highway Ramp Hero

Don't worry. Got cash.

Ordered:
-Race exhaust
-Race Air Filter
-Race Ignition
-Jet Kit
-Clip ons

I'm kind of a form follows function guy
Still have the original rear mud flap

Old April 26th, 2010, 10:13 AM   #171
sugarbear
ninjette.org member

OK, we're gonna have to make some solid plans to do a meet n greet and/or a ride soon. My riding calendar is starting to fill up!
I'm thinking we nominate ScorpionNinja Dave as prez, aka Social Director for the Detroit Metro Ninja Skittles Tactical Unit. lol
Anyway: this Sunday is the All Clubs Ride. I'm trying to get more info as to when and where, but it has been in Stockbridge in the past.
The following weekend, the Irish Hills ride might be a good option...
Of course the Blessing in Hell looks good for May 23rd too. I would ride the Ninja there, no problem. (If'n we were going to Baldwin you know I'd be on the BMW for sure. )

Old April 26th, 2010, 10:23 AM   #172
TmP
Highway Ramp Hero

MI Baby Ninjas MCC LOOOOL

With a logo showing a Ninja with a sword and a pacifier

Old April 26th, 2010, 10:44 AM   #173
TmP
Highway Ramp Hero

Oh, btw. Where can I dyno my bike around here?

Old April 26th, 2010, 11:15 AM   #174
ScorpionNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbear View Post
OK, we're gonna have to make some solid plans to do a meet n greet and/or a ride soon. My riding calendar is starting to fill up!
I'm thinking we nominate ScorpionNinja Dave as prez, aka Social Director for the Detroit Metro Ninja Skittles Tactical Unit. lol
Anyway: this Sunday is the All Clubs Ride. I'm trying to get more info as to when and where, but it has been in Stockbridge in the past.
The following weekend, the Irish Hills ride might be a good option...
Of course the Blessing in Hell looks good for May 23rd too. I would ride the Ninja there, no problem. (If'n we were going to Baldwin you know I'd be on the BMW for sure. )
Im still waiting for Matt, Ron, and afew others to reply to my PMs for cell numbers!

The verizon dude was a tool and didnt xfer my numbers from my old phone. My old phones memory was wiped. I dunno if that verizon tool did it on purpose but DONT go to the Verizon store in RO*

Yea the ONLY planned 2 Rides so far, for me are: May 8th, and May 23rd (Hell blessing) other than those my season is open!

July weekends i have family events and ppls weddings to attend. So Im not sure how many Ninja rides ill be able to join ya guys on in July. Rage42 will be gone for the last 2 weeks if i remb, on his father/son road trip!
I wish i could go also, or if my dad had a motorcycle to do that.

BTW, Anyone know of any real good Sign shops, or Vehicle Graphix places around here?

I visited -
Michigan Sign Center (groesbeck/hall)

Fine Lines (hall rd, clinton twp)
(they do more of vehicle wrap type stuff)

www.finelinesgraphics.com

JDcustoms (26mile/mound)

... so far and ive yet to really find designs im looking for. Most places req' you to bring a Flash Drive with your images loaded on it, to have them see if they can make your decals outta them. (they have to be a certain format, like vectorfile,jpeg)
Of all the images ive used Bing.com to look at, most of the stuff you find online are TOO SMALL for a shop to be able to use to make into a Decal!!!

Ive been going crazy these 2 weeks, while im waiting to get that part so i can ride my bike, trying to find a very great graphics shop that can truly make what i want at a fair price!

Ive bought a small 8"x8" reflective vinyl sheet from MSC, and used a Xacto to cut out some lettering, but it came out like **** despite my artistic talent, You really need a graphics machine to die-cut the decal!!!

Ive looked at "Vinyl Decals", etc under Ebay, but nutin really good i like. Ive even emailed some of the Ebay sellers if they can make me this or that into a Reflective Decal. Still no luck!!!

Old April 26th, 2010, 11:27 AM   #175
sugarbear
ninjette.org member

Hey, Tom.

TT Ducati Motorcycles on Groesbeck has a dyno.

Old April 26th, 2010, 12:10 PM   #176
TmP
Highway Ramp Hero

Any other dynos in the area?
I'd like to shop around a little.

Old April 26th, 2010, 12:59 PM   #177
rage42
ninjette.org member

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 09 250R

I'm around! Gotta catch up on some messages though...

I just paid $400 for the 4 years of GTPP, I figured it's a good investment since I'm a computer geek, not an engine geek, one breakdown and it could pay for itself.

I'm still using Rotella, and haven't had a problem. The bike started right up. I did start it twice during the winter, and let it warm up...also left it on a battery tender. Kept it in the back of my unheated garage. No issues. I did a fresh oil change before winter, and after.

Roads south of 59, west of i75...I wouldn't call those twisty...a turn here and there, but thats it...There aren't many good roads, m59, to harvy lake road, and up toward holly is a fun drive, there's a small 2 mile stretch that has some fun turns...but thats about all I've found.

Yay, another blue one...I have to put pics up of my mods, not many mods, and nothing engine-wise...

The Corbin seat is a good upgrade, but you still need breaks, every hour or so...but...(heh butt), umm, but, it doesn't hurt nearly as bad, you can go longer, the numbness doesn't accumulate like it does with the stock seat. It's worth the money.

The mods i've installed this seasons: ZG Sport Touring Windscreen, Mirror Extenders, Corbin Seat, Buell XB Frontpegs (1-inch drop and back for big legs), Pitbull Rear Swingarm Spools, Rear Fender Chop, Progrip Tank Protector, GPS Wiring (but setting up my GPS itself for the ninja isn't going so well)
rage42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 26th, 2010, 01:03 PM   #178
TmP
Highway Ramp Hero

I found a few that are fun. Like I said, nothing special though, it's still Michigan LOOOL

The ride from White lake to Lakeview (north east) is cool too.
Hell seems to be nice. That's about it.
The Chrysler headquarters off 75 have a couple of twists and the big beaver clover leaf is knee drag worthy.

Old April 26th, 2010, 01:05 PM   #179
rage42
ninjette.org member

Quote:
What does growing out of it mean? I'm 6', 200lbs, and this thing just flings me through public street traffic...The frame is a tad small, changing out the front pegs has helped, but that would be the only reason I have for upgrading. It takes me only 3 extra seconds to hit 60 mph from a 600/1000cc bike...and thats on those rare occasions that I have a clear road ahead of me.

Awesome gas mileage, light, flickable, pretty cheap and easy to maintain.

I want a bigger bike just for the sake of having a big fast bike, but other than looking big and pretty, loud... I wouldn't be able to use a 600/1000 to its peek without hitting a track...and do 1000's even shift out of first gear on public roads? heh.

I understand, but it's not worth the money for me...

Old April 26th, 2010, 01:16 PM   #180
rage42
ninjette.org member

Dave, Carol, Pm'd you both my cell number. Hoping for some good weather, just let me know when your out riding. I don't mind riding down to your area to meet up.

Old April 26th, 2010, 01:24 PM   #181
rage42
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TmP View Post
I found a few that are fun. Like I said, nothing special though, it's still Michigan LOOOL

The ride from White lake to Lakeview (north east) is cool too.
Hell seems to be nice. That's about it.
The Chrysler headquarters off 75 have a couple of twists and the big beaver clover leaf is knee drag worthy.
Check out this site...http://www.motorcycleroads.us/regions/mi_detroit.html

Old April 26th, 2010, 01:38 PM   #182
ScorpionNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by rage42 View Post
Dave, Carol, Pm'd you both my cell number. Hoping for some good weather, just let me know when your out riding. I don't mind riding down to your area to meet up.
Oh i sure will, once Im able to ride again!

Next time we cruise Harvey Lake and stop at that DQ, im NOT getting a Large shake this time.... too filling last time! lol

Old April 26th, 2010, 01:48 PM   #183
rage42
ninjette.org member

Ya, next time we'll keep going and hit the steakhouse in Fenton for some Poterhouses...

Old April 26th, 2010, 02:23 PM   #184
carajean
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rage42 View Post
What does growing out of it mean? I'm 6', 200lbs, and this thing just flings me through public street traffic...The frame is a tad small, changing out the front pegs has helped, but that would be the only reason I have for upgrading. It takes me only 3 extra seconds to hit 60 mph from a 600/1000cc bike...and thats on those rare occasions that I have a clear road ahead of me.

Awesome gas mileage, light, flickable, pretty cheap and easy to maintain.

I want a bigger bike just for the sake of having a big fast bike, but other than looking big and pretty, loud... I wouldn't be able to use a 600/1000 to its peek without hitting a track...and do 1000's even shift out of first gear on public roads? heh.

I understand, but it's not worth the money for me...
I want a bigger faster bike already. This thing actually prolly tops out at 85mph since the speedo is off. I wonder just how much is it off by?? Im not into using all the power I just want a bit of the power, and not to have to shift so much.

Old April 26th, 2010, 02:40 PM   #185
TmP
Highway Ramp Hero

Rode the bike the first time during the day today.
Perfect score on the endorsement test thing.
What a joke... 5mph in a parking lot LOOOL.

Anyways, I'm ready, hit me up

Old April 27th, 2010, 03:22 AM   #186
TmP
Highway Ramp Hero

Rode her to work this morning.
Couple of things I noticed:

A) This is the first bike I won't gear shorter...
B) I should put a Superman logo on my headlights, that's how bad they are aligned right now.
C) Fugg it's cold...
D) Unused RCi sholders are kinda slick
E) Our speedos are a bit optimistic ey? On the portion I rode on 75 I had to do 95 to keep up with traffic. WTH? I was doing 80 at the most. Anyone know a fix for this???
F) I need to get more seat time. Can't wait

Old April 27th, 2010, 05:39 AM   #187
rage42
ninjette.org member

Crazy, I work a mile from my house, and it's too cold this morning for that drive. Usually not worth putting on my gear to go for a 1 mile ride either. Yes, the speedo's are said to be 10% off...I usually aim for 6 over to hit the speed limit, according to road side radar guns...

you get to work before 6:30? that's gotta be hella cold.

Old April 27th, 2010, 05:57 AM   #188
TmP
Highway Ramp Hero

It was fuggin freezing today.
I left my house at around 4:50...

The speedo has to be off by way more than that.
When my tank bag arrives, I'll check it with my gps.

Old April 27th, 2010, 11:51 AM   #189
sugarbear
ninjette.org member

Yes, it was cold this morning on the ride to work!!! 38 degrees. Definitely needed the BMW w/heated hand grips.

I think Matt is right about the 10% discrepancy on the speedo's. Doesn't matter. I still find my 2 fiddy to be the most fun I've had on 2 wheels. It's a fun bike, very nimble, and quite forgiving when I do stooopppiddd stuff

So, the All Clubs Ride is on Sunday at the town square in Stockbridge. It starts in the morning, and people come and go throughout the afternoon. It's a nice event, all kinds of eye candy, errrr bikes. lol. I'm thinking about going. If I do, will probably ride the BMW as the Ninja is slightly over-due for a service visit.

And seriously, we need a green 250 to join us soon Any takers? I'm working on Betty... She likes the 250. I offered to let her ride mine when her brother comes up from Florida this week. Then she will really want one.

Old April 27th, 2010, 12:57 PM   #190
rage42
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I want a bigger faster bike already. This thing actually prolly tops out at 85mph since the speedo is off. I wonder just how much is it off by?? Im not into using all the power I just want a bit of the power, and not to have to shift so much.
But shiftings fun! well, I end up skipping gears 4 and 5 a lot, just going to 6 for cruising since I tend to redline 1-3. It's supposed to top out around 95 mph, but 85 is 15 over the top speed limit in these parts as it is. I don't like tickets that big, but more power to ya. Track ridings a different story.

Old April 27th, 2010, 03:01 PM   #191
TmP
Highway Ramp Hero

MI doesn't have the roads to put the 250s power down... what do you need a faster bike for? I never thought I would say something like this, but it's true!!!
I would never even touch a bike like this in Europe, because I would DIE of boredom on all the mountain passes. But here??? 250 is just fine.
I've gone from a 750 to a 650 to the 250 HAHAHA
And I agree, the 250 rocks your socks. Spent the first real day of riding on it today.
The way this thing turns is down right AWESOME!!!

I'm still gonna put any available mod on it LOL, why not.

So far I have found a couple of neat roads all over the area.
Checked out the area north of 59 around Milford Rd. Some neat spots here and there. Like it.

This summer is gonna be awesome

Old April 27th, 2010, 05:53 PM   #192
ScorpionNinja

Tom,

have ya taken off from a green light from a stop, through all the gears 10k RPM-12k RPM yet?

If you have only been taking it easy, 6k-7k RPM/ish, thinking this 250 is very slow... the 250 once 9k RPM+ is a Night and Day difference and will change your mind and doubts about it!

True its nothing like a ZX-6R, CBR, R1, but last summer after hanging out with carol in RO. On the way home i got stopped at a light and a Nice 98-99 Z28 (LT-1) rolls up next to me and starts to creep forward atad, revvin his V8!
Now i dunno if he knew i was on a lil 250R or a 600, but when the light turned Green. I took off and had my front tire off the ground 2 inches or so, shocked the hell outta me, as i banged each gear hard... i could here that Z28 putting his foot to the floor, once i hit 3rd gear I started to pass him, then once i was in 5th gear I had about a 2 1/2 car lead. At 6th gear i was doing 80, then rolled off the throttle as i was about 3 cars ahead of him. Next light he said sumin to me, couldnt tell what, then he took off hard again. I rev'd up to only 6k and took off nice and easy letting him continue on so a Cop can nab him for doing 80+ in a 50 mph zone!

I wasnt going to press my luck a 2nd time and get a ticket or worse!

As the case was 10 yrs ago when my buddy let me drive his 2000 WS6 TA. We cruised around for a bit, then once got on Hall rd. we got stuck at a light next to a Nice 98-00 Yellow Vette! I raced him at each light. We both were having fun with the vette till a cop got behind us, but we werent the more eye catching color "Yellow". The cop popped the vette, while we got lucky and i did the speed limit the rest of the way home. Till we stopped to get some food, after i pulled out back onto the road, we got pulled over for his Windows being tinted too dark. Dunno if it was the same cop or not, but damn.. Karma happened fast!

His WS6 was = that (stock i think) Vette!!!

Old April 27th, 2010, 06:11 PM   #193
ScorpionNinja

Oh, last fall during my way home at night on I-94. I was chilling in the fast lane, traffic was low, i noticed a vehicle coming up on me pretty fast.

I spead up, as i couldnt get over right due to 2 cars right next to me and closely spaced together. So Now Im doing "100MPH", and just as im ready to flick the right blinker and look over my right shoulder, to get over. This TOOL Squeezes behind me and between the cars in the middle lane, then FLYS past me... then cuts over to the fast lane in front of me! He/she mustve been doing about 120 MPH!!!

It was a ****ing Silver Mini-Van!!! :lmao:

I kinda felt dumb for a mini-van passing me, let alone i felt Helpless as im MAXED OUT in speed, trying to get ahead more then over... and this Idiot was closing so fast!

After that happened I thought, "If only i was on a ZX-6R, i couldve speed up Fast, and gotten over to let the Tool FLY by in the fast lane, as i slow back down to 75".

Moments like that i wish i had 65HP or more!!!

**Last year i rode that BMW GS650, it had 53 HP, sticker in the showroom said so, and Man that thing had Waaaay MORE power then our lil 28-30HP 250R! 20HP dont sound like much of a difference, but WOW it really is**

Old April 28th, 2010, 03:38 AM   #194
TmP
Highway Ramp Hero

First oil change yesterday.
Took me 35 minutes including warming up the bike and idling it twice to determine the fill level
I hate those filter inserts... such a mess.

Mobil1 10w40 racing 4t

Should do, right?

Btw, today was COOOOOOLD again.

Old April 28th, 2010, 06:48 AM   #195
sugarbear
ninjette.org member

That's a great story about beating out the Z28, Dave. LOL. You showed great restraint in not smacking him down the second time!
My philosophy is that I don't necessarily have to be fast, just look that way
That's what I like about the new 250's. Most people think it's a 600cc or bigger. And you can rev the crap outta her and she just begs for more
Once you get past 8k on the tach those bikes come to life. Yeah, I'd like to have a bigger Ninja someday - but do I need one? Nahhhh.
Apparently we have another rainy weekend coming up Will have to wait and see about the Stockbridge thing.

Old April 28th, 2010, 07:11 AM   #196
rage42
ninjette.org member

Friday is looking good though, who wants to do an evening meetup?

Old April 28th, 2010, 07:37 AM   #197
TmP
Highway Ramp Hero

Friday works for me!

Let's meet at the White Lake Inn
From there we can go NW to do the milford twisies and then go east from there and do all the twisties till we hit rochester rd hit that up north a bit and then back.
That route both ways is about 100 miles I think.
Lots of fun roads!!!

Old April 28th, 2010, 12:06 PM   #198
rage42
ninjette.org member

Getting on Harvey off m59, then riding it to milford rd and on up to holly is a better ride...more so when all the trees grow back, you can push 55 mph, and the trees make you look like your doing 80. They tend to cover the road, and the sky above you.

Old April 28th, 2010, 02:04 PM   #199
TmP
Highway Ramp Hero

I'm open for everything. I'm just suggesting stuff I know
But I agree, Harvey north is a decent road.

So, what are we going to do?

//edit: First mod is on the bike!!!
Wohooo, slider spools for the swing arm.
Hours of hard work, but it was worth it

Last futzed with by TmP; April 28th, 2010 at 03:31 PM.

Old April 29th, 2010, 07:53 AM   #200
rage42
ninjette.org member

So far it's just us...We can still go out, as long as you don't expect a race. You were in white lake right? Hell it's nice today too...