ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old November 12th, 2014, 08:40 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[visordown.com] - Carl Fogarty and Melanie Sykes confirmed in Im a Celebrity lineup

Foggy

And Sykes

FOUR-time former World Superbike champion Carl Fogarty has been confirmed as a contestant on TV’s I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here.

Foggy will appear alongside former BT Sport MotoGP presenter Melanie Sykes.

Other contestants include newsreader Michael Buerk, footballer Jimmy Bullard, model and singer Nadia Forde, Corrie’s Craig Charles and rapper Tinchy Stryder.

The show, hosted by Ant and Dec, sees celebrities face two weeks in the Australian jungle where they earn meals by winning stars through challenges such as eating grubs or holding insects in their mouths. The public chooses the celebrities to undertake challenges by voting.

The show’s website quotes Foggy, 49, saying: ‘The competitive spirit will set in and I will be very competitive to get all the stars

‘Motorbike racing is scary for a lot of people but for me it's easy. It's what I have been brought up with. Going in the jungle will be so much harder.

‘I am not a people person. I like my own company and I like my own space. Hunger is what I’m dreading most. If I haven’t got food, I will get bored.

‘I am not a massive fan of heights. I don’t like flying very much. I like being in control.’

Foggy’s phobias are listed as ‘food, boredom and people’ and his dream camper as Richard Branson.

Sykes, 44, said: ‘I'm not going to wash naked... so I have to wear something!

‘I definitely don’t want to be the mummy in the camp because I am a mummy at home! I can cook but I haven’t thought about what kind of role I will have in the camp. It will be a case of people establishing themselves once they get there.

‘I always find something about people that I like and I get on well with people. I have been put together with strangers since I was 18 and I think I am pretty easy going.

‘It will be a testing time for me but I know myself well enough not to put myself in a situation I can’t handle. If I felt like it was going to be a traumatic experience, I wouldn’t have signed up for it. I am hoping I am going to be fine but none of the trials are pleasurable are they?’

Visordown reported on Sunday that Foggy had landed in Brisbane ahead of the show but his appearance was not at that stage confirmed.

The ITV show runs for 15 nights starting this Sunday, November 16, at 9pm.

Related Content

Carl Fogarty to appear in I'm a Celebrity 2014
Former MP Lembit Öpik joins MAG
Harley announce 2009 CVO line-up
Christini announce 2012 2WD line-up
Easton confirmed for NW200 with PBM

Click here for full story...