Old April 18th, 2010, 09:05 AM   #1
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

04-17-10 Tiki Bar/Solomons Island

Date: 04-17-2010
Destination: Tiki Bar on Solomons Island, MD

Link to just photos (These photos are @ 25% and have had personal information blacked out. If you want copies of the originals shoot me a message): http://s1016.photobucket.com/albums/...%20Tiki%20Bar/

Route:

To start off with I sprang Tyke from the storage unit on Friday night. This made my wake up time even later! yay! Unfortunately when I was pulling my car in to lock Tyke to the front tow hook... she fell over

New scratches:

Not bad really and that faring had damage done to it before so I wasn't to upset and I don't think Tyke was either as she started right back up.

The plan for Saturday was to meet up at 10am at a spot in Bowie MD. Being the punctual type I was actually there but 9:45am. I was not the first though! A group of guys was already there. Most of them went off to get some breakfast while one stayed behind with the gear.

Tyke waiting for the party to start:

gogokawi (andre) arriving, he's the one with the yellow jacket:

Ducati Monster, waiting to bring out the inner beast (har!):

It took a while but the rest of the crew showed up. A bit late as kickstands were supposed to be up at 10:30. I don't think the others showed up until closer to 10:45. A little different than what I am used to but this group was also bigger. I was not the only female! Whoot! Another Lady Rider was there on a Gixxer, it looked like to me. I could be wrong.

The idea from there was to do a straight shot to the Tiki bar and then take on some twisties from there. A straight shot down a windy and straight... did I mention straight? Well someone else had a better idea. Twisties, then the Tiki bar followed by more twisties. Now -that- sounds like a plan!

So we were off! The group spliting up some doing the straight shot while some of us hit up some twisties!

See that speck? Back there? Thats Andre I think he was having a bit of fun back there.

So first potty stop. I was reserved in my picture taking being not to familiar with the roads. There were some good turns in there, nice curves for sure. It wasn't long before the potty gods struck our group... We had to stop

Andre on the move again!

Wait for me!

Stopped at a light... Yep that the Chesapeake out there:

Nothing like a good footrest

We made a stop to use the restroom and get a snack..

Kawi goodness times three!:

Good times:

Yep! I see you:

Andre check:

After a bit of difficulty getting in.. Apparently your not allowed to bring in helmets... and... wear bandanas and... have any 'container' like receptacles. So.. It was back to the bike to put the helmet away... Then back to come in.. No hydro pack... apparently they didn't want me to put alcohol in my hydro pack... Fine...back to the bike -again-.

Finally!

Posing at the Tiki Bar:

Someone got stuck:

Whats a Tiki bar without a little tiki?

Posers:

For lunch I had a pit turkey sandwich. Normally I do like them, this wasn't the worst sandwich but it wasn't the best either. I didn't taste any flavor from the turkey or the 'pit' like I normally do. It could also do with some mayo. It held me over though and that was the important part.

Obligatory lunch shot:

It was decided to head on back it was already 3:30pm and I knew I had a journey to get home. So some of us split off from the group, leaving them at the Tiki Bar. I hope they all made it home okay! So we weren't going to hit twisties on the way back but given the hour that was alright with me, for now. for me it was a straight shot up 4 to 301 and then home from there.

Big bridge:

Trip pocket shot:

The Monster in action:

We hit a little stop and go traffic on the way back up 4 but it is normal apparently. Getting home I hit no traffic once I was on 97. So it was a good ride.

All in all I would deafently ride with these gents and lady again. They communicate well while on the bikes, warning of debris, slowing, and signaling directions. No one got left behind, even us on the two fiddies. They made sure everyone was there or knew when to turn. While the twisties were everyones they rode at their own pace and we had no injuries or incidents. Always a good ride with that combination.

Miles: 201.5 round trip (for me)
Ending Odo: (gosh! I haven't done one of these in ages!)

Last futzed with by BlueTyke; April 18th, 2010 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Photobucket issues in not blanking out plates.
BlueTyke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 18th, 2010, 09:44 AM   #2
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Sunny, Really enjoyed the pictures. That was one of our favorite stops when we cruised on Ariel III. Does not look like anything has changed.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 18th, 2010, 10:51 AM   #3
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
As always Sunny you shoot the best pics. The shots going down the road are great.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 18th, 2010, 04:27 PM   #4
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 4th, 2010, 01:24 AM   #5
gogoKawi
ninjette.org sage

Name: Dre

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300, 2008 ZX6, 2011 Ninja 1000

For some reason, I am just reading this. Go figure... What a fun ride. I am so glad we did the twisties on the way up. I would have been upset if we just did a straight ride down and back. I am committed to wearing down the edges of the tires before I change them!

The Kawis were representing. There were at least 5 in our group and 2 in the other group. Team Green on the scene!

Everyone was friendly, which I appreciated. Of course, the bigger bikes had to open up a couple of times. But no one was left behind, which is one of the reason I really like this group of riders.

I'm hoping we can put something together with the rest of the 250 riders in the area. It's been a tad bit difficult. But, the season is just starting. So, I'm sure we will work it out.

Great pics Sunny!!! Let me know when you want to go on another ride. I'm always down!
gogoKawi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 6th, 2010, 11:27 AM   #6
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

Sooo there you are Andre! Hehe. I have no plans for the immediate future. I have to pinch my pennies again. That and I have a few projects I have to finish.