ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > !%@*#$%!)@#&!%@ I crashed!

Closed Thread

Old August 4th, 2011, 04:09 AM   #321
bluesinorbit
ninjette.org member

Name: Joon

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

This so-called "debate" didn't get anywhere. There is almost no consideration of the opposing point of view. Quotes were used in the most unproductive, imbecilic way possible; short, out of context, and (poorly) twisted to serve one's own argument. Sprinkle a generous serving of disrespect on top, and it's a good description of the last few pages. I beg you, debate kings, spare the OP and the rest of the community and take it to PM or a new thread.

As for OP, you make my fresh rash look like a mosquito bite. Quick recovery to you.

Old August 4th, 2011, 04:38 AM   #322
"A"
vampire

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2 many 2 list

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
I did say that and everyone here knows skill is the only thing getting you out of an accident for the last time stop arguing with yourself. GO READ THOSE PAGES so you don't look dumb.
No I won't, you are you are dumb to think that 'skill is the only thing getting you out of an accident', that is most certainly wrong. You can have more skills than most, if you do not pay attention, you are still likely to get into accidents.

Quote:
Btw it's typical for someone to bring up such a small mistake to distract from the topic when they know they don't have a valid argument.
Typical but yet so true, it does not change the fact that my points are valid and you don't know how to spell properly and should take some English lessons.

Quote:
So please just reply with how gear cannot prevent accidents, keep repeating the same over and over. Then when you finally wake up and have something valid to say please share it.
Even Smobo agrees that wearing gear can not prevent accidents.
I don't need to 'reply with how gear cannot prevent accidents', it's just common sense, which you seem to lack.
If you think wearing gear can prevent accidents, you're are stupid and naive.

--
Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
Alex, don't even bother with N Ja. He has been making the same argument throughout this entire thread and continues to refuse to listen to what people are saying. I'll try to put it clearly enough so both him and "A" might be able to understand, if they continue to make the same exact argument over and over again then it will be 100% clear to everyone that they are trolls just arguing for the sake of arguing.
At least I'm consistent about my point and you seem to see and agree with my point. Maybe you can explain my point to Johnyc and Alex.S, three of you knock your brains together and make some sense out of your argument points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON HAS EVER SAID THAT GEAR WILL PREVENT YOU FROM HAVING AN ACCIDENT!!! THE ONLY PEOPLE TO HAVE BROUGHT THAT IDEA UP IS N JA AND "A" IN THEIR ATTEMPT TO ARGUE THAT IT WON'T. EVERYONE KNOWS IT WON'T AND HAS NEVER SAID IT WILL. STOP TRYING TO USE THAT ARGUMENT TO VALIDATE YOUR VIEWS!!!

Is that clear enough for you? I would put it on a large flashing neon sign if I thought it would help any. As it is I'm sure that either I'm on one or both of their ignore lists or it will just not compute for them.
Crystal, as long as you see that my point is valid, my work is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
N Ja, "casual" means not sitting at a red revving waiting for it to go out so you can slam your throttle, drop your clutch, and practice your drag racing takeoffs.
"casual" doesn't mean not paying attention to your surroundings or trying to be cautious.
There is no need to ride like 'bat out of hell' to pass cars from a stand still. Even on my Ninja 250, I don't need to rev the engine up beyond 9k, dump the clutch to pass most if not all cars from a standstill.

'Being casual' certainly does not equal to 'being serous'.
When it comes to avoiding accidents, it sould be serious.
'Being casual' seems to me closer to 'not being careful' than 'being careful', wouldn't you agree?

Quote:
also I don't understand why people with imperfect grammar and punctuation complain about someone else's imperfections. would you like us to point out all the _major_ mistakes you made in your threads?
At least my posts is understandable; yours, not so.

Old August 4th, 2011, 09:58 AM   #323
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Ja View Post
you don't know how to spell properly and should take some English lessons.

...to 'being serous'.

No I won't, you are you are dumb

At least my posts is understandable; yours, not so.
Quote:
That's your provocative.

I never call you names or call you stupid or arrogant
... LOL. thanks for the laugh. that was a good one.

Old August 4th, 2011, 11:39 AM   #324
"A"
vampire

Quote:
... LOL. thanks for the laugh. that was a good one.
You're welcome, at least I'm not in denial like you still think 'being casual' is close to paying attention while riding a motorcycle; no wonder why you get into accidents.
Further denial to think that your accident was unavoidable, making excuses for your poor concentration and riding skill by stating your Ninja is incapable to accelerate pass two cars from a stoplight.
My mistakes were quite obvious for people to know what I mean, unlike your gibberish posts.

Old August 4th, 2011, 11:44 AM   #325
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
This post is starting to get annoying. Can you guys just be quiet and just agree to disagree!?

Old August 4th, 2011, 11:54 AM   #326
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
You're welcome, at least I'm not in denial like you still think 'being casual' is close to paying attention while riding a motorcycle; no wonder why you get into accidents.
Further denial to think that your accident was unavoidable, making excuses for your poor concentration and riding skill by stating your Ninja is incapable to accelerate pass two cars from a stoplight.
My mistakes were quite obvious for people to know what I mean, unlike your gibberish posts.
what exactly is not understandable about any of my posts? perhaps you could cite some examples?

and you're right, i could have used a better word than casual. perhaps cautious was the more appropriate word? if a cage right next to you to your left guns it off the line around a left hander, do you consider it wise to try to race them?

Old August 4th, 2011, 12:12 PM   #327
"A"
vampire

Quote:
what exactly is not understandable about any of my posts? perhaps you could cite some examples?
example:

Quote:
NJa, apparently you don't understand that the way you say it communicates that you believe wearing gear means you're forced to ride unsafely. the way you say it communicates that you believe you can only do one or the other. noone has ever said wearing gear is a substitute for riding safely, so why would you say that? you saying that communicates that you believe wearing gear makes you an unsafe rider. people disagree with that. you seem to be communicating that you believe it's either/or. if that's not how you feel, don't say things the way you're saying them because the way you're saying them communicates that point. and don't give us that "take it for only what it says, don't read into it" crap. the act of trying to understand a point is "reading into it" if you simply take things "word for word" you lack the ability to try to gain a deeper understanding of why someone is saying something.
What does all that mean?
communicates, what are those?

Quote:
and you're right, i could have used a better word than casual. perhaps cautious was the more appropriate word? if a cage right next to you to your left guns it off the line around a left hander, do you consider it wise to try to race them?
Of course I'm right.
Obviously you were not being cautious by 'being casual'.
I consider all vehicle on public roads are out to get me.
Hypothetical situation you pose is different that what you previously said, are you changing your story?

From a traffic light, the sooner I get some distance from them the better chance I have to avoid accidents.
That's using the nimbleness of a motorcycle to its advantage; which all of us should practice at some point, know how to execute quick acceleration without loosing control in order to get out of trouble spots or potential accident.
Certainly nothing to 'be casual' about when it comes to avoiding accieents.

If a car/driver is capable of out accelerate my Ninja from a stop, which is very unlikely, then I would have paid special attention to it prior to stopping at the light, may be even try to get eye contact with driver or strike up a conversation at the light to attract their attention so they know that I'm there and they should not be cutting into my lane without advance notice.

Old August 4th, 2011, 12:53 PM   #328
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
N Ja, like you say, perhaps you should learn english? or at least if you don't want to, don't tell others they can't speak properly.
let me help you by pasting the definition for the word "communicates":

Quote:
communicates: 3rd person singular present of com·mu·ni·cate (Verb)
1. Share or exchange information, news, or ideas.
2. Impart or pass on (information, news, or ideas): "he communicated his findings to the inspector".

what you say also makes me curious about something else you've said in the past... i think it can be summed up into a single question...

N Ja, how many miles on 2 wheels on the street do you have?

Old August 4th, 2011, 01:12 PM   #329
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Sorry. We're done here.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Closed Thread