ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Notices

Old April 18th, 2016, 01:40 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[motorcycle.com] - Gerloff Dominates MotoAmerica Supersport Race 1 At Road Atlanta

For the second MotoAmerica Supersport race in a row,*Yamaha Extended Service (Y.E.S.)/Graves/Yamaha rider Garrett Gerloff showed*that he is a man on a*mission as he won again in dominating fashion aboard his #31*Yamaha YZF-R6.

After*he got past his teammate, 2015 defending MotoAmerica Supersport Champion JD*Beach, who got the holeshot at the start, Garrett led the entire race and, by*the time he took the checkered*flag, he had lapped part of the field and*stretched out a gap of more than 10 seconds ahead of second-place finisher*Valentin Debise. JD brought home his #1 Y.E.S./Graves/Yamaha R6 in third place*for his second podium finish in a row.

After*celebrating his victory, Garrett talked about how his focus has changed in*2016. “It’s been a combination of a lot*of things,” Garrett said. “I’ve made a lot of changes in the off-season, and I*just*kind of feel more planted. I’ve got some stability, and it helps me to*relax and have fun out there. It feels really good to win, but it’s not going*to be easy to keep things going like this because these*guys are tough*competition.”

JD commented, “We’ve kind*of got to get things together. Garrett is just riding so well right now. I made*a pretty big mistake and let Valentin (Debise) get away from me. It’s only the*second race of the*year, but we really need to pick the pace up a little bit.*We’re going to be racing a lot in a short time span, so these races are coming*up quickly, and we’ve got to figure things out.”

MotoAmerica*Supersport Race 2 will go green from Road Atlanta tomorrow afternoon at 2:45*PM.

Watch Round 2 Of The MotoAmerica Championship on BeIN*SPORTS and BeIN SPORTS CONNECT

For more information and*airtimes for MotoAmerica races on BeIN SPORTS and BeIN SPORTS CONNECT, check*out*http://www.motoamerica.com/bein-spor...src=SOC&dom=tw

For more Yamaha racing news,*results, photos, and videos, visit*http://www.yamahamotorsports.com/Racing

Also,*check out “YamahaMotorUSA” on*your favorite social media site.

Gerloff Dominates MotoAmerica Supersport Race 1 At Road Atlanta appeared first on Motorcycle.com News.

Click here for full story...