Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old May 16th, 2011, 06:55 PM   #1
Mr.E
That rider dude.

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2011 White Ninja 250 SE.

Draggin Kevlar Shirts?

Hey guys.
I've got yet another question and think it deserves a thread of its own. I understand kevlar is a highly tear resistant material. I recently ordered a pair of Shift Torque Riding Jeans with kevlar lining. I do have knee pads and what not so no need to comment "Ohh kevlar wont save ur knees from breaking into a million pieces" and what not. I know. Im more concerned right now with road rash. This friday I'm going to be ordering a new Scorpion jacket (huge scorpion fan) and want a little more protection just to be extra safe.

The jacket I'm going to be ordering is very breathable which is great because I live in florida and with the humidity and heat there's no doubt that I need something that can help keep me cool. It's also leather (whether its real or not I do not know.) But I want more road rash protection and was looking into the Draggin Kevlar shirts.

From what I understand these shirts are completely made of kevlar and offer high resistance to tearing. They're mesh so they're also breathable. Not very stylish, but I've been sacrificing a lot just for safety and dont care about style because I'll have my jacket on. But does anyone own one and like it? Any opinions on this shirt? Click here for the link to the shirts. The black is more then the natural color. I assume just because it's black. But thats w.e. lol.

I've found a video on kevlar jeans (I think by draggin but not sure, either way they're kevlar lined) and they hold up pretty good. I wonder how the shirt does.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Mr.E is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 17th, 2011, 09:50 AM   #2
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

A kevlar shirt is a bit overkill if you have a leather or textile jacket on. However, that's my opinion. If it makes you feel better, go for it.

Old May 17th, 2011, 10:01 AM   #3
Green Streak
Ninjette Owner

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, a puddle of Ninja ZX6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CThunder-blue View Post
A kevlar shirt is a bit overkill if you have a leather or textile jacket on. However, that's my opinion. If it makes you feel better, go for it.
+1