ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old October 31st, 2011, 04:24 PM   #1
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

Who here cooks?

I don't mean a protein shake or a quick scrambled eggs. I'm talking about really cooking.

I make a chili that literally takes 6-8 hours to make. Tossing in different ingredients as the clock ticks by. It is a pain because I have to be home all day, but in the end it is SO VERY WORTH IT! I'm getting hungry thinking about it.

I was looking up different recipes on FoodNetwork.com and it made me think to post this thread.

My wife will be coming back from the UK next week, and I'm thinking about doing a slow cooker pot roast for her. That way I just add everything and walk away. Super easy. Plus it will also give me lunch the following day.

Who else here cooks?

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 31st, 2011, 05:09 PM   #2
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Me! I love to cook and love even more to eat! My favorite recipe site is www.allrecipes.com. You can setup a free recipe book, rate recipes, read reviews by others, and add notes to your recipe book so you'll remember the adjustments you made. This site made me a great cook! My favorites are slow-cooked BBQ, lasagna, chili, and soups. I also love to bake!
Have you cooked a roast before? If not, I can email you my 2 favorite slow-cooker roast recipes along with my changes if you're interested. Just PM me if so!

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 31st, 2011, 06:09 PM   #3
CynicalC
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

What's your chili recipe like? I don't touch any of my slow cook recipes except to stir every couple hours if possible. Except my jambalaya because the shrimp only go in for the last 15 minutes.

And yeah allrecipes.com is the best.

Old October 31st, 2011, 07:01 PM   #4
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

The chili is a Tyler flaurence recipe only slightly altered. It includes beef shoulder (iirc), tons of spices, veg and a dash of chocolate. We couldnt stop eating it. I cab try to dig it up, bet it is on food network's website somewhere.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 31st, 2011, 09:52 PM   #5
DarC
DUCEATR

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): RVT1000R

I love making chili, stews, BBQ (smoked brisket, pork ribs, pork loin), and trying out new grilling ideas for a variety of things. One of my favorite things to do is cook out of the garden when I visit my mom (she has a massive garden, everything you need!).

I have been preparing for winter by drawing up plans for a green chile chili. Since green chiles are huge in this part of the country and they are absolutely delicious, I don't see why mixing them with some meat, beans, and other goodies can't be a winner.
2001 SP1 RC51- #62 -Akrapovic Ti, PCIII, Colin Edward's first baby tooth, Honda Racing sticker, some Japanese doods best attempt at Engrish scribbled on my engine block, little touch of soul.
DarC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 1st, 2011, 01:50 AM   #6
Gorilla25
Dakine...

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R (Sold) | 636 (hopefully soon)

i cook. i used to cook for a restaurant for 3 years and it killed my passion for cooking its been 3 years since i left and only now, im starting to enjoy cooking again
Gorilla25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 2nd, 2011, 12:54 PM   #7
GeneJunkie
ninjette.org sage

Name: Cindy

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

I love to cook, actually rather bake than cook. I have gotten obsessed with cooking blogs. Smitten Kitchen is one of my favs http://smittenkitchen.com/

My favorite thing to cook is chicken parm, make the sauce from scratch and its just absolutely delish.
GeneJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 2nd, 2011, 02:04 PM   #8
road_rascal
ninjette.org member

Name: ___

Motorcycle(s): ___

I do most of the cooking because of my hours. I'm usually home by 2:45PM (except during my afternoon shifts) and my wife doesn't get home until 6-6:30. I'd much rather cook than go to a restaurant.
road_rascal is offline   Reply With Quote