Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Closed Thread

Old November 29th, 2010, 04:47 PM   #1
ninjacat202
ninjette.org newbie

Name: mark

Motorcycle(s): ninja

area P standard carbon core full exhaust

hey guys i had this thing for just the summer time and have put the bike up for winterization so selling some parts

i have the full areap exhaust with the standard carbon muffler

idk what exactly people would pay for these things seeing as there are knock offs out there... a knock off is 150 and tthe real i believe was 500 so i can probably meet ya halfway at 250 shipped?

Old November 30th, 2010, 03:53 AM   #2
Eva689
ninjette.org member

Name: Shaun

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

How much would you want to ship to Australia? And can you post a photo? How many miles has it done?

Old November 30th, 2010, 05:42 AM   #3
dubojr1
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

No offense Mark but how do we know which product you have? I'm not sure even photo's could help us determine this.

Good luck with the sale!

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map

Old November 30th, 2010, 05:19 PM   #4
ninjacat202
ninjette.org newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva689 View Post
How much would you want to ship to Australia? And can you post a photo? How many miles has it done?
hmm with customs and all add 50 to the total shipped price so like 300 shipped

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubojr1 View Post
No offense Mark but how do we know which product you have? I'm not sure even photo's could help us determine this.

Good luck with the sale!
you have a valid point but then again like i have stated u can find a knock off for 150 if u want a knock off go buy it ya know..

Old November 30th, 2010, 07:59 PM   #5
Locksmiff
ninjette.org member

Name: Darryl

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacat202 View Post
hmm with customs and all add 50 to the total shipped price so like 300 shipped

you have a valid point but then again like i have stated u can find a knock off for 150 if u want a knock off go buy it ya know..
I would double check that before commiting yourself to a postage price. I got an ibanez guitar body from the US. It was 50-60 for that and its smaller then what a complete exhaust would be.

The customs side of things is handle the Ozzie end and if it is below a certain $$ value the receiver pays nothing extra. If it is oer a certain $$ value Oz customs sends them a letter and asks for the said amount needed before the goods can be released.

Old December 1st, 2010, 04:00 AM   #6
ninjacat202
ninjette.org newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locksmiff View Post
I would double check that before commiting yourself to a postage price. I got an ibanez guitar body from the US. It was 50-60 for that and its smaller then what a complete exhaust would be.

The customs side of things is handle the Ozzie end and if it is below a certain $$ value the receiver pays nothing extra. If it is oer a certain $$ value Oz customs sends them a letter and asks for the said amount needed before the goods can be released.
ill check with my parcel plus, but i know when i have shipped thing to guam and canada they were definately charging me customs

Old December 1st, 2010, 05:49 AM   #7
dubojr1

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacat202 View Post

Yeah I see what your saying but in fairness, it still doesn't answer my question. How about an AP invoice in your name? I'm not by any means saying your lying, I'm just saying that you never can be too careful this days. No worries here though because I already have a genuine AP Carbon 18" QC exhaust. However I do know a couple guys that might be interested.

The owner of Area P is a member here. I wonder if he could give us some clue of what to look for to define the genuine from knock off.

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map

Old December 1st, 2010, 03:52 PM   #8
Ken08Ninja
ninjette.org member

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250R Candy Plasma Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubojr1 View Post
Yeah I see what your saying but in fairness, it still doesn't answer my question. How about an AP invoice in your name? I'm not by any means saying your lying, I'm just saying that you never can be too careful this days. No worries here though because I already have a genuine AP Carbon 18" QC exhaust. However I do know a couple guys that might be interested.

The owner of Area P is a member here. I wonder if he could give us some clue of what to look for to define the genuine from knock off.
The knock-off's are not actually carbon fiber the can has a wrap on the outside.

Old December 1st, 2010, 03:55 PM   #9
scotty

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): Yahama v star 650 classic

Can we see pics?

Old December 2nd, 2010, 05:38 PM   #10
ninjacat202
ninjette.org newbie

pics soon i worked 18 hour shifts all week, and im sorry no invoice, i dont keep things for months n months when i had no intention to sell

Old December 9th, 2010, 08:34 PM   #11
kingkang204
ninjette.org guru

Name: Matthew

Motorcycle(s): Bike-less, Can I ride yours?

This has no merit on this seller because I have never done business with him, but be careful because I paid for a standard core area p on this website and never received the product. The seller in my case was slow.2k10. I paid $290 so $250 Is suspicious IMO for a $550 exhaust retail. And there is a knock off area p called plmfg and through pictures I doubt you could distinguish them.

Old December 9th, 2010, 08:39 PM   #12
scotty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkang204 View Post
This has no merit on this seller because I have never done business with him, but be careful because I paid for a standard core area p on this website and never received the product. The seller in my case was slow.2k10. I paid $290 so $250 Is suspicious IMO for a $550 exhaust retail. And there is a knock off area p called plmfg and through pictures I doubt you could distinguish them.
You mean slow_2k10? Did you pm him? If used pay pal, file a claim with them.

Old December 10th, 2010, 06:01 AM   #13
Eva689
ninjette.org member

Name: Shaun

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

I'm still waiting on pics if it hasn't been sold already? A close-up would be especially good as proof of authenticity.

Old December 10th, 2010, 12:38 PM   #14
scotty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva689 View Post
I'm still waiting on pics if it hasn't been sold already? A close-up would be especially good as proof of authenticity.
Just a heads up, this thread seems fishy, new member all post int his thread. I can understand someone being to busy to take pictures and post them, but the OP dossn't even have any details of this exhaust what so ever. He just said what brand it is. What about the condition? And scratches? Carbin fiber okay? He hasn't posted any pictures and more than one person has asked for pictures. Its been days sence he have even posted any type of updates.

Not bashing, but it is what it is. I hope the seller is for real and someone gets a great deal on an awsome exhaust.

Old December 10th, 2010, 08:38 PM   #15
kingkang204
ninjette.org guru

Name: Matthew

Motorcycle(s): Bike-less, Can I ride yours?

Scotty,
Yeah I did Pm him, like 10-20 times without response, so i called my banking company and they said that "I did authorize the payment" so I wont be getting any of the money back. Paypal might be the most useless thing ever, they did nothing to help.
Because of that I'm never going to buy something off a forum again, I'm rather going to buy from legitimate retail websites. It might cost more, but at least I know I wont get scammed.

Old December 11th, 2010, 08:40 AM   #16
08ninja250
ninjette.org member

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): 2008 ninja 250

I bet this guy is the same as slow.2k and just made another account to scam people!!!
Colin #191 - Area P, Elka Shock, Woodcraft Clip-Ons and Rearsets, Attack Race Bodywork, BT 003RS, .700 Fork Springs, DynoJet Stage 2 and BMC High Flow Air Filter.
613 MOTORSPORTS.COM

Old December 11th, 2010, 11:57 AM   #17
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

For what it's worth, completely different IP addresses.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old December 11th, 2010, 12:06 PM   #18
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

But - he's the same guy as this:

http://scionlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186917

Don't buy from this seller.

/thread closed.
/account banned.
/50-post minimum now in place for creating new "for sale" threads in Marketplace.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Closed Thread