ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Notices

Old August 17th, 2017, 09:27 AM   #41
allanoue
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaFish View Post
You know those "Helpful" "Un-Helpful"" votes really don't mean anything, other than Panda is expressing his opinion on your post.

No need to get all spun up over them.

Oh, and just bashing a bike says it's junk isn't very helpful. If you rephrased it and took some time to list why the Ninja 250/300 (more power, better brakes, better suspension, better handling, whatever....) is better than the CBR 250/300 then even if someone disagreed with you the post could still be helpful. And remember, one mans junk is another mans treasure.
@A.J. https://www.ninjette.org/forums/show...hlight=helpful

Keep calm and ride on -Motofool
Never quit on a rainy day -ally99
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 17th, 2017, 09:58 AM   #42
A.J.
ninjette.org guru

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Kawasaki Ninja 250r(SOLD) 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250r full Muzzy(my pride and joy)

No one is spun and I could care less about someone marking my post helpful or unhelpful. But when you put words into my mouth I'm going to politely say no, that's not what was said, and that's all that I did. And you're right, however didn't I already say that calling them junk was a bit over the top by me? Let me check..... I did. But thanks for your "guidance" anyway!

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old August 17th, 2017, 10:17 AM   #43
tfkrocks

Name: Rebecca

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 w/ ABS, 2014 NC700X, 2008 Ninja 250 (sold), 2002 Ninja 250 (sold)

MOTM - Jan '18, Sep '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaFish View Post
I've owned a CBR1100XX prior to owning a Ninja 250.

I have to agree, but I'd say the extra power is addictive even if it is unnecessary.

Right now I have a Harley Sportster 883 and in my garage I have my sons Sportster 1200. He is in the Army so I have to keep the 1200 running for him. That extra power of the 1200 is a lot of fun. But both bikes have the same size fuel tank. The 1200 hits reserve at right around 100 miles. The 883 goes easily 125-135 miles before I have to switch to reserve. I keep going back and forth. I ride my 883 to work most days and I tell myself it does everything I need. Then on the weekend I take my sons bike for a ride and I think, wow I need more power. But then the bike stutters, I flip to reserve and pull into the nearest gas station thinking, I really need to keep the 883.

The Ninja 250 was much better on gas than the 883 is. It also worked very well in daily commutes.

I'm really thinking a Versys 300 with a top box would be about the ultimate commuting bike. If my finances ever allow it I will get something like a Ninja or Versys 300 for commuting and a big touring bike for the long rides.
Oh yeah that's what annoys me the most about the bigger bikes. I hate going to the gas station so often haha. Love that 200+ mile range of the 300

Old August 17th, 2017, 11:28 AM   #44
CaliGrrl

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
I love the red-white-blue color scheme and I think I've liked almost every Honda I've seen done in that scheme.
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 17th, 2017, 11:42 AM   #45
DannoXYZ

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
Yep that's the color scheme I'm talking about. I even tried to go for that look on the '01 Ninja 250 I own but failed. Only Honda can get it right. Beautiful bike I just don't like their 250 models but it's beautiful. Now a VFR, that's a beast of a bike.
Any photos of your RWB Ninja 250? I'm contemplating re-painting my street-bike soon. As a start, white wheels are required.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 17th, 2017, 05:07 PM   #46
Flashesbuck
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): CBR600 F4I, Ninja 650

I don't know what I want... Now I'm kicker around the idea of hanging onto the CBR. And waiting till the dead of winter and picking up a cheap older ninja 250.
Flashesbuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 17th, 2017, 05:23 PM   #47
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashesbuck View Post
...and picking up a cheap older ninja 250.
They're an amazing value, and I love my 2005.
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 18th, 2017, 03:46 AM   #48
A.J.
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Kawasaki Ninja 250r(SOLD) 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250r full Muzzy(my pride and joy)

Quote:
I don't know what I want... Now I'm kicker around the idea of hanging onto the CBR. And waiting till the dead of winter and picking up a cheap older ninja 250.
Not always a bad idea. I have two pre-gens and they're both good bikes. Nothing wrong with that idea at all. Actually I prefer the looks of the pre gen. Don't have that "alien at the wheel look"

Sometimes you come across a deal on the older models that you just can't pass up.

Old August 18th, 2017, 04:23 AM   #49
Flashesbuck
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): CBR600 F4I, Ninja 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
Not always a bad idea. I have two pre-gens and they're both good bikes. Nothing wrong with that idea at all. Actually I prefer the looks of the pre gen. Don't have that "alien at the wheel look"

Sometimes you come across a deal on the older models that you just can't pass up.
I really do like to pick up a "project bike" right around Thanksgiving-Christmas time. When used bikes go "on sale" here in Ohio.
Is there any one that makes new fairings for the older models? if i can pick up a cheapy with a beat up body. I would like to make it look new again.
Flashesbuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 18th, 2017, 08:02 AM   #50
DannoXYZ

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Ebay has lots of individual pieces used for good pricing.
New race bodywork usually comes in white primer and needs painting and headlight hole cut out.
http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/...2501988-06.htm
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 19th, 2017, 10:02 AM   #51
A.J.
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
I really do like to pick up a "project bike" right around Thanksgiving-Christmas time. When used bikes go "on sale" here in Ohio.
Is there any one that makes new fairings for the older models? if i can pick up a cheapy with a beat up body. I would like to make it look new again.
The link JacRyann left is probably your best bet. That upper cowing is pricey but actually pre-gen fairings on ebay are all ridiculously priced and half the time they're in really rough shape. I've just decided to throw a $35 speedometer/tach on my 2001, a round headlight and cheap wind screen and go street fighter because pregen fairings are so expensive. 2008 and newer are a lot easier to find and much cheaper. Also check out local salvage yards. I bought my '01 for $100 and it definitely was a project bike, but fun. I definitely have saved some money going to a salvage yard relatively close to my house. The old man that runs it has a couple 250's I've been picking off of all summer. Unfortunately it's always the fairings (especially the upper headlight fairing) that are always trashed. My 2006 was a complete bike but my 2001 was a project and it was a lot of fun for the most part getting her back together. There is a few things I would still like to do so the winter is a great time to do it. Ducatiman will be getting the carbs to my 2006 this winter as well. If you need him look him up he is a carb wonder with stellar prices.