Front and back Cameras
Rear touchpad
Free online
Built in GPS/Skype/Internet browser/social media apps
PS3 connectivity

The bad:

Expensive (249 wifi only, 299 wifi/3G)
Somewhat bulky
Piano black finish is a greasy fingerprint magnet (WTF you thinking Sony? This is a portable device...)
Limited game selection right now
Expensive accessories
Battery is not user removable
3G only allows for social media apps and web browsing (WTF again...no online gaming over 3G??)
3G not released in Canada yet
No video output (Come on...even the PSP has this)

I summed up the major positives and negatives but am still on the fence myself in regards to purchasing it. It sucks we have no 3G in Canada but now I have second thoughts whether 3G is even worth it.
In the US the minimum 250mb plan is 14.99 and I expect to get raped harder in Canada like we always do from our service providers when the 3G version is eventually released. The fact that you can't play online over 3G defeats the purpose...how many people want an extra monthly bill just for stupid apps on a PS Vita when most of us already have smartphones with data?
Its possible they could eventually change this and add many new features via a software update but who knows what they have planned.
I have a $250 Staples gift card and was thinking of picking one up but don't know if I should just wait...My interest in the PSP has recently been revived and I've picked up some good games I've missed out on for dirt cheap. Playing that has me eventually wanting a Vita but I don't know if I should go for it now or at a later date. I have nothing else to buy from Staples other than a HDTV for my room, currently I play on a 22" HD monitor and was looking at something in the 32-40" range.
LoneRonin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 27th, 2012, 09:35 PM   #2
NikkitaNinja
ninjette.org guru

Name: Tyler

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250 *Nikkita* - 2003 Buell XB9R

I've never been a fan of portable gaming devices because of my need for high-res, sharp graphics. I'm just going to wait for Razer's Project Fiona.
NikkitaNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 27th, 2012, 10:01 PM   #3
LoneRonin
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkitaNinja View Post
I've never been a fan of portable gaming devices because of my need for high-res, sharp graphics. I'm just going to wait for Razer's Project Fiona.
The Vita is pretty high res and sharp...It blows any iphone/smartphone outta the water. It doesn't get any better on a portable device.

Old February 27th, 2012, 11:04 PM   #4
NikkitaNinja
ninjette.org guru

Name: Tyler

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250 *Nikkita* - 2003 Buell XB9R

Yea but im talking about the actual quality of the games that it plays, not as good as I'd like to see, but thats obviously expected, just not something I want.
NikkitaNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 27th, 2012, 11:06 PM   #5
ajcadoo
Towster ['__'`,-,

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Green Ninja 250 SE

I remember being the first to get a PSP. It has been collecting dust since I got it. Cant wait to sell it in 20 years for hundreds of dollars though! Collectors FTW!
ajcadoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 28th, 2012, 01:30 AM   #6
LoneRonin
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkitaNinja View Post
Yea but im talking about the actual quality of the games that it plays, not as good as I'd like to see, but thats obviously expected, just not something I want.
yea, you're right in that sense. It will be at least a year to a year and half before developers get a feel for the system and can really start pushing it to its potential...