ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old July 28th, 2012, 08:30 AM   #1
Mocha Man
Blue Shell magnet

Name: Nolan

Motorcycle(s): 1997 Ninja 250

Tagging along with some scooters

While on my way home from my job at the local pool I decided to abandon my idea to ride home and instead ride around for a while. On my ride I eventually ran into a guy on a 50cc scooter that looked very familiar to me. I followed him for a bit and noticed it was my uncle. He pulled off to the side of the road where my father and aunt were waiting for him. I pulled off with him and we talked for a while about how funny it was that I just happened to find them since I was planning on going home after work originally. We eventually took off while I let the scooters lead since I wasn't sure what roads they could go on based on their speed.

I stayed in either second or third gear the whole time on the flip side, it allowed me to work a lot on my clutch control haha.

About half way through the ride I saw another guy on a scooter pulling onto the road we were on. He waved at me and we drove by, with me following my aunt at about 30 mph. About a minute later I looked in my mirror and saw the same guy pulling up behind me. As he drove by I glanced over and we both nodded in recognition as I stared at his many tattoos on his arms. It was actually quite a funny site seeing a man around 250 lbs with arms full of tattoos on such a small vehicle. He eventually caught up to us and rode for a while until pulling off to a side road.

Overall it was a really good ride and it was nice being able to get to know my family more.
Mocha Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 28th, 2012, 10:47 AM   #2
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool story, Nolan.

I also owned and rode a 50 cc for some time; which IMHO is an even better way to begin learning real motorcycling from scratch.

People staring off 600's will never learn the basics.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 28th, 2012, 11:03 AM   #3
bighurt35
ninjette.org member

Name: trevor

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250r

used to own a 2009 aprilia sr 50r. it would do over 60 mph! I was actually pulled over by the Jackson co sherrifs office and they starting asking tons of questions about it. The one officer noticed it looked exactly like his rsv super bike. We talked about it for 20 minutes. Scooters are great.
bighurt35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 28th, 2012, 03:25 PM   #4
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 29th, 2012, 06:24 AM   #5
Mocha Man
Blue Shell magnet

Name: Nolan

Motorcycle(s): 1997 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighurt35 View Post
used to own a 2009 aprilia sr 50r. it would do over 60 mph! I was actually pulled over by the Jackson co sherrifs office and they starting asking tons of questions about it. The one officer noticed it looked exactly like his rsv super bike. We talked about it for 20 minutes. Scooters are great.
I also have a 50cc CPI scooter that can go over 60 from a few...er...minor tweaks my dad and I have made to it
Mocha Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 19th, 2012, 09:02 PM   #6
thomason2wheels
ninjette.org member

Name: tom

Motorcycle(s): dl650

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
That is a funny pic....lmfao

Old September 19th, 2012, 09:15 PM   #7
eddiekay
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: eddie

Motorcycle(s): 300, WeeStrom

Andy....mods, rockers ? When you comin' out ? Wanna go sat'day ?
eddiekay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 19th, 2012, 11:46 PM   #8
Bassman
ninjette.org guru

Name: Marc

Motorcycle(s): 1986 Goldwing, 1996 CR500, 2011 Ninja 250, 2009 Harley Heritage Softail, 1941 Suzuki Gerbil 250

I actually waved at someone on a scooter once when riding my Harley, but don't tell anyone, rofl.

Old September 20th, 2012, 01:45 AM   #9
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

Name: Jaymie

Motorcycle(s): 1974 Honda CB550K0 W.I.P.

I once rode with a bunch of scooters.

It was a mods v rockers meet, and the ruckus guys happened to tag along (obviously they were all stretched, slammed, and bored to oblivion and back).

It started out fine, but about ten minutes in, one of the ruckus guys rear ended a vespa guy. Someone's leg got cut up by a footpeg real bad, and the ruckus guys split after that.

The Vespa guys were totally cool though.

Old September 20th, 2012, 06:08 AM   #10
vman1313
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): '14 Honda NC700X; '14 Honda CRF250L; '07 Lifan 200

I pass a guy on a 50cc almost everyday on my way home from work and I always wave as I pass him. I am usually on my Ninja but one day I was on my BuSa and I waved at him and he almost wrecked. It was funny!!! He pulled up at the light and with a huge 3 tooth smile said "Yous the first REAL COOL bike that has ever waved at me!" I felt bad for the guy but wearing the Lime Green Mohawk with a Half helmet and Goggles on a baby blue scoot just doesn't help him any.

www.northgariders.com
NuBe4Life!!!
vman1313 is offline   Reply With Quote