Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old July 22nd, 2011, 01:15 PM   #1
EsrTek
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): '13 300

What Squids on SS's don't like

Being passed by a MGATT 250r and giving them a headshake as you pass

Seen some dude on a 600/750 Suzuki today, riding in shorts, flip flops, wife beater tee shirt and a open face helmet (I'm sure he wouldn't of had helmet if it wasn't the law). Riding down the road, being cool not tryin to show-off like some squids. He's doin about 35-40'ish in a 45, and about 5-6 cars ahead of me in other lane. So about 2-3 miles up road, traffic thinned out and it changes to 55, this is the point I caught up to him and noticed just how bad his riding gear was. At which point all I could do is think to myself, there goes death waiting to happen. As I passed him I just looked up and down at him and shook my head, at which point he decided to prove his squidiness and nail the gas.
Dude must have went from 50'ish to 125 in secs and was gone.. I almost felt like missing my turn to see if he survived that, as he was approaching heavy traffic in both lanes fast. However, it was too hot and I'm not wasting my B-day on some squid.
EsrTek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2011, 01:26 PM   #2
clintalmighty
ninjette.org member

Name: Clint

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r 2009 Honda CBR600RR

coolstorybro.jpeg
clintalmighty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2011, 01:40 PM   #3
kaiserz
There's a limit to s2pdty

Name: A.D.

Motorcycle(s): 250r ninja (sold)

I hear about them, the infamous endangered species of the highway ecosystem.
kaiserz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2011, 01:46 PM   #4
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2011, 01:48 PM   #5
kaiserz

Is that a pink squid inside the mirror??????

Old July 22nd, 2011, 02:05 PM   #6
Merc250r
ninjette.org member

Name: Murad

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Yamaha FZ6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserz View Post
Is that a pink squid inside the mirror??????
rofl good eye
Merc250r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2011, 02:12 PM   #7
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfloyd2002 View Post
sweet pics brah.

Old July 22nd, 2011, 02:25 PM   #8
nickadolph
ninjette.org member

Name: nick

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250

I have to say, it seemed like you took someone who was riding responisbly(save for the gear) and tried to provoke him into acting like a squid by looking at him and shaking your head.
nickadolph is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2011, 02:32 PM   #9
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
having someone shake their head at you should not be enough to provoke to you add that much speed. just saying. I'm 18 and even have enough control of my head not to be provoked and go that fast when I'm on the CBR. Besides, the OP didnt make said rider do anything. Cracking open the throttle was that riders' choice. Not everything is a challenge
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2011, 02:39 PM   #10
nickadolph
ninjette.org member

I agree that it shouldn't be enough to provoke someone, but it usually is enough though, and yes it was his own decision to speed off. But I'd be willing to bet if the OP had just rode by keeping his eyes on the rode nothing would have happened.

Old July 22nd, 2011, 02:57 PM   #11
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickadolph View Post
I have to say, it seemed like you took someone who was riding responisbly(save for the gear) and tried to provoke him into acting like a squid by looking at him and shaking your head.
He was merely a squid at rest, proven by his ever-so-squidly response to the head shake. People wearing sandals on motorcycles deserve a good head shake.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake

Old July 22nd, 2011, 03:09 PM   #12
Flashmonkey
Professional belly dancer

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 1992 GSX-R 750

I don't understand this thread. First of all you're not all geared up yourself...and second you were riding faster and doing dumber things than this supposed squid. Doesn't that make you the squid?
Flashmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2011, 03:13 PM   #13
MrEmmortal
ninjette.org member

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250r pearl se

Happy birthday
MrEmmortal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2011, 03:19 PM   #14
oroboros
GDTRFB

Name: Drew

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250 - sold 2005 EX500R project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashmonkey View Post
I don't understand this thread. First of all you're not all geared up yourself...and second you were riding faster and doing dumber things than this supposed squid. Doesn't that make you the squid?
My Magic Squid-Ball says:

"Reply hazy, try again"

Nice pic Floyd. Next time I expect a PowerPoint presentation on the habits of the Squid species.

Old July 22nd, 2011, 03:20 PM   #15
Flashmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by oroboros View Post
My Magic Squid-Ball says:

"Reply hazy, try again"
Damn magic squid ball....

*shakes ball furiously*

Old July 22nd, 2011, 03:22 PM   #16
EsrTek

Quote:
Wow someone needs reading comprehension 101 ....
said squid was doing under the speed limit for over 3 miles, I was doing the exact limit per my speedo. I took me a bit to catch the guy, my first intent was to say hi and maybe ride w him a bit. When I saw the gear it was my natural reaction to shake my head. Provoking??? maybe, but if your that easily provoked you have no business on a motorcycle IMO. I am a hothead and have had other bikers shake their heads at me, I assume for going to slow, and it didn't cause me to react at all, much less nail the gas.

As for my MGATT.. at least I am trying to get my gear, and ride w it on in 90+ days.. my street gear is everything but pants so far, by the way.
PS - I do not consider myself ATGATT until I have safety gear for all riding seasons/and or track gear.

edit- If me wearing helmet, jacket, boots and gloves doing the speed limit = "doing dumber things than this supposed squid" then you need some fraking mental therapy!!!!!!!!
I would wait for a comment but this troll has pissed me off.. goin to figure out how to block him...hahaha sweet his posts just go away, that's how you pwn a troll

Visit my new MotoVlog Channel !!

Old July 22nd, 2011, 03:25 PM   #17
EsrTek

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEmmortal View Post
Happy birthday
Thanks

Old July 22nd, 2011, 03:41 PM   #18
Flashmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsrTek View Post
Wow someone needs reading comprehension 101 ....
said squid was doing under the speed limit for over 3 miles, I was doing the exact limit per my speedo. I took me a bit to catch the guy, my first intent was to say hi and maybe ride w him a bit. When I saw the gear it was my natural reaction to shake my head. Provoking??? maybe, but if your that easily provoked you have no business on a motorcycle IMO. I am a hothead and have had other bikers shake their heads at me, I assume for going to slow, and it didn't cause me to react at all, much less nail the gas.

As for my MGATT.. at least I am trying to get my gear, and ride w it on in 90+ days.. my street gear is everything but pants so far, by the way.
PS - I do not consider myself ATGATT until I have safety gear for all riding seasons/and or track gear.

edit- If me wearing helmet, jacket, boots and gloves doing the speed limit = "doing dumber things than this supposed squid" then you need some fraking mental therapy!!!!!!!!
I would wait for a comment but this troll has pissed me off.. goin to figure out how to block him...
LOL go rub your ego somewhere else, kid. You're the one who was riding like an a-hole. You're not getting any high fives from me.

Oh and you need to go into your UserCP in order to add someone to your ignore list.

Old July 22nd, 2011, 03:52 PM   #19
nickadolph
ninjette.org member

Look it up, one of the main things that escalates aggressive driving/road rage is looking directly at the person as your passing by, you may not mean anything by it but most would take that as a non-verbal f**k you.

Old July 22nd, 2011, 03:54 PM   #20
EsrTek

I'll keep that in mind nick, thanks.

Old July 22nd, 2011, 04:15 PM   #21
eddiekay

Name: eddie

Motorcycle(s): 300, WeeStrom

Talking

ATGATT is a nice idea for gentleman motorcyclists...those who do their stretching exercises before mounting their bike. Yet, riding with less than $1000 worth of gear you hope will protect you in whatever accident you might have doesn't banish you to the sea...squid-dom.
No argument from me that some protection is important, smart and will prevent those nasty little rashes. But at the same time, unless you use the same tailor as Iron Man....on the street...you go down you get hurt.
Cant accept the possibility of getting hurt...stay home.
I agree that flip flops, shorts and wife -beater tees...(even with the impact resistant beer stain on the front) are risky apparel for bikes...sheeet...they're risky apparel for the whole civilized world but on this board..the best and friendliest board in the world with the nicest people...I see a lot of us calling a lot of others the S word. It ain't right.
Where I live...the fact is that the sport crews come real close to the HD crowd when it comes to gearing up and each laughs at the other. I have a respectful suggestion...until you've ridden...hmmm...20...no...25000 miles summer spring winter fall rain shine night day...let's think twice before we talk down another biker who does something we dont like or doesnt gear up.
eddiekay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2011, 08:13 PM   #22
2011Ninja250R
ninjette.org guru

Name: Brad

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R SE (Green) Previous bikes R1, Daytona 675, GSXR600, Pre-Gen 250R

2011Ninja250R is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2011, 09:06 PM   #23
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiekay View Post
ATGATT is a nice idea for gentleman motorcyclists...those who do their stretching exercises before mounting their bike. Yet, riding with less than $1000 worth of gear you hope will protect you in whatever accident you might have doesn't banish you to the sea...squid-dom.
I'm going to call BS here. I can vouch for the fact than many ATGATT riders here in this forum are no gentlemen. (Also, it's not hard to put together a reasonable set of gear head to toe for under $500 and if you can afford a $10,000 GSXR, you can afford gear, or at least something other than shorts and sandals.)

Old July 22nd, 2011, 09:20 PM   #24
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Quote:
LOL go rub your ego somewhere else, kid. You're the one who was riding like an a-hole. You're not getting any high fives from me.

Oh and you need to go into your UserCP in order to add someone to your ignore list.
Did I miss something here, where was he riding like an a-hole? He was doing the speed limit while the other guy was going under the speed limit until he got pissed off and squidded... errr sped off into the distance.

I'm not trying to be rude or incite an argument here, just a little confused. I can see where the posts between you two got a little heated, but not where his riding was in the wrong, well other than the "you dips***" look he gave the squid.

As for the gear issue. He said he is only missing the pants. TBH, many riders here are missing pants because they are the hardest part to find a decent pair of (most stores seem to carry like 2-3 different ones and that's it ). I myself wear everything but riding pants only because I can't find any place that has a decent variety to try on so I can get some. Seems that 95% of the riding pants available are only available (in my area anyway) via online order which means guessing at the fit of them.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2011, 09:36 PM   #25
kaiserz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc250r View Post
rofl good eye
lol, thank you, thank you hehehe

Old July 22nd, 2011, 10:18 PM   #26
blink
Always.

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, '05 GSX-R600

Not our problem to cause heated discussion. It's like seeing people texting and driving. We don't post every time we see it.
Every one will have a different argument.

Old July 22nd, 2011, 11:33 PM   #27
EsrTek

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
Did I miss something here, where was he riding like an a-hole? He was doing the speed limit while the other guy was going under the speed limit until he got pissed off and squidded... errr sped off into the distance.

I'm not trying to be rude or incite an argument here, just a little confused. I can see where the posts between you two got a little heated, but not where his riding was in the wrong, well other than the "you dips***" look he gave the squid.
Don't feed the trollz ... he has no basis to make the claims he is, I have no idea why he is so butt hurt over this topic. But hey, I'm a "kid" again on my 39th birthday... I feel sooo young
Either way, he's muted and I personally hope he gets a nice little ban

Old July 22nd, 2011, 11:46 PM   #28
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

What the heck is in the water today? Why are people being so "!!!angry-man!!!" for no reason at all? It's summer. Go for a ride. Even better, post pics.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2011, 11:54 PM   #29
sombo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
What the heck is in the water today? Why are people being so "!!!angry-man!!!" for no reason at all? It's summer. Go for a ride. Even better, post pics.
Maybe it's the massive heat that has gripped most of the nation?

Old July 23rd, 2011, 04:40 PM   #30
Flashmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
It's the attitude I have a problem with. An attitude which is clearly illustrated with that look he gave to the other rider. What was the purpose of this? What did he hope to achieve with this? Or does it matter, because OP was doing the limit and wearing almost all of his gear?

I don't give a crap how much gear he was wearing, or how slow he was going. What he did was disrespectful in my eyes, and I told him as much. Just because he was doing everything "right" doesn't make his actions any less excusable than the half naked rider.

Now I've said my bit. I'm more than willing to let this thread die.

Old July 23rd, 2011, 09:43 PM   #31
sombo

Quote:
It's the attitude I have a problem with. An attitude which is clearly illustrated with that look he gave to the other rider. What was the purpose of this? What did he hope to achieve with this? Or does it matter, because OP was doing the limit and wearing almost all of his gear?

I don't give a crap how much gear he was wearing, or how slow he was going. What he did was disrespectful in my eyes, and I told him as much. Just because he was doing everything "right" doesn't make his actions any less excusable than the half naked rider.

Now I've said my bit. I'm more than willing to let this thread die.
I guess it's just a matter of opinion really. I don't see how giving someone a disappointed look is on the same level as a person with no respect for their own safety. To me being an "a-hole" driver would be one that drives with absolutely no regard for anyone else on the road. You know the types: cut you off, tailgate you, switch lanes/turn without signalling, brake check when you aren't even that close, etc. Once again, it's a matter of opinion.

I suppose I should be in the same group as him since I don't have riding pants either? I've tried to find something but have not had any luck in finding ones that fit properly. Doesn't help that none of the gear stores carry anything more then like 5 pairs, none of which fit and are all of the same type. For some reason stores don't give a rats arse about riding pants. So we make do with what's most readily available to us. At least we are using all of the gear we possess instead of choosing to go ride with nothing on.

Old July 23rd, 2011, 10:42 PM   #32
ChaosFromAbove
Money is a drug.

Name: Chaos

Motorcycle(s): 2011 ZX-6r, 2010 250r (RIP)

i hate people that say ATGATT and try to force it on other riders...wear what you wanna wear, just remember no matter what you wear it has its consequences:

ATGATT - On a 90+ degree day, you'll be a sweaty hot mess up to your knees in your own ball/vagina sweat and possibly pass out from heat exhaustion/dehydration

MTGMTT - You'll be cooler than the ATGATT guy on a 90+ degree day, but you could quite possibly end up getting a bit of rash if you go down.

STGSTT - Your prolly just wearing your gloves and a helmet on a good day...maybe some shorts, that breeze feels nice on ur balls in that 90+ degree heat doesn't it? How bout that wire brush running through your skin? Not gonna lie, been riding to work like this the past week (minus wire brush and 3 miles to and from in a residential area) due to a heat wave with a heat index of 115...if ur gonna say atgatt to that, well...go to hell.
ChaosFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 23rd, 2011, 11:05 PM   #33
phr3ek
meow?

Name: kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2004 636

rode recklessly today, splitting lanes, going over 90 mph on the freeway
was wearing a polo shirt, jeans, gloves and helmet

though it was a nice breezy ride
i HATED that i felt small rocks and dust pelt my bare arms and the sleeves keep whipping my arm pit area
my shirt keeps rolling up on my back so i felt the heat on my lower back
also felt douchy cause my tat was exposed, thinking to myself that ppl were prolly like "look at that douch showing off his tat , that aint cool brah"
phr3ek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 23rd, 2011, 11:09 PM   #34
ChaosFromAbove
Money is a drug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phr3ek View Post
rode recklessly today, splitting lanes, going over 90 mph on the freeway
was wearing a polo shirt, jeans, gloves and helmet

though it was a nice breezy ride
i HATED that i felt small rocks and dust pelt my bare arms and the sleeves keep whipping my arm pit area
my shirt keeps rolling up on my back so i felt the heat on my lower back
also felt douchy cause my tat was exposed, thinking to myself that ppl were prolly like "look at that douch showing off his tat , that aint cool brah"
but the important question is, how'd that breeze feel on ur balls?

Ah damn...u were in jeans...oh well...the question stands.

Old July 23rd, 2011, 11:48 PM   #35
phr3ek
meow?

Name: kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2004 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFromAbove View Post
but the important question is, how'd that breeze feel on ur balls?

Ah damn...u were in jeans...oh well...the question stands.
it felt UHmazeeeeeeeeng, i orgasm'd

i always ride in jeans

my philosophy, at least have gloves and full face helmet
i prefer to wear a jacket
riding pants and shoes/boots are optional
phr3ek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 24th, 2011, 06:42 AM   #36
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
As crazy as I get is to ride in my mesh overpants with nothing underneath. Talk about a breeze on your balls. Much cooler than jeans.

Riding in 90+ all the time in the tropics, keeping the sun off with ATGATT is actually pretty cool with the right mesh stuff on. As soon as the bike is rolling, air flows well and it isn't a problem. Sounds like you guys just don't have the right summer gear.

So I do say ATGATT to heat, which means I guess I goto hell. At least when I do I'll be rash free. http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=105585

Old July 24th, 2011, 07:16 AM   #37
rockNroll

Name: rock

Motorcycle(s): black

I don't think Suzuki sells a 600/750 SS bike, they sell sportbikes. I think Kawasaki is the only one of the big four has separate catalog sections for sportbikes and supersports. I think Yamaha calls all theirs supersports, Honda and Suzuki call them sportbikes.

I guess that means that every time someone types something about an "SS" here, they're just saying its either a Kawasaki or Yamaha of unknown displacement or a supersport class race bike.

Old July 24th, 2011, 08:01 AM   #38
ChaosFromAbove
Money is a drug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfloyd2002 View Post
As crazy as I get is to ride in my mesh overpants with nothing underneath. Talk about a breeze on your balls. Much cooler than jeans.

Riding in 90+ all the time in the tropics, keeping the sun off with ATGATT is actually pretty cool with the right mesh stuff on. As soon as the bike is rolling, air flows well and it isn't a problem. Sounds like you guys just don't have the right summer gear.

So I do say ATGATT to heat, which means I guess I goto hell. At least when I do I'll be rash free. http://forum.svrider.com/showthread.php?t=105585
Guess i should rephrase my go to hell...all i own is a leather jacket, leather gaunlet gloves, a 1 piece leather, leather boots...now that i'm in a pinch i can't afford mesh gear...so if u wanna wear leather in this weather, go to hell. lol

also, I've gone down with a mesh jacket, for the most part, it did its job...except for the chest area (hit a jersey barrier after being cut off by a car on an off ramp on the PA turnpike) had some nice rash there. It was about a 40-50mph impact.

Old July 24th, 2011, 08:31 AM   #39
adri99an

Name: Donger

Motorcycle(s): "Is that a Ninjer 1000?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by phr3ek View Post
it felt UHmazeeeeeeeeng, i orgasm'd
How did the sploogh feel when while riding on the freeway?

Someone said it best about gear....

whatever gear you decide to wear- just know there are consequences to what may happen to you....

As one that still rides in jeans with shin guards underneath...I too am still looking for the right type of pants.....I went to my local motorcycle superstore (Bert's Mega Mall Azusa, CA) and they had 3-5 types to choose from.......hard to choose from a limited amount...buying online is a crap shoot.....someone on this forum needs to open up a pants store so we can all be ready....and for the record I HATE ball sweat dripping down my leg on a hott 90+ day- at least in Cali it's not like back east where it's HORRIBLY hotttt.

Saw 2 guys on the freeway yesterday on gixxers riding in t-shirts, jeans, tennis shoes...the air blowing their shirts up....the wind going through thier sweaty balls and cooling them off..........ahhhhhhh to be young (and stupid) again is what I thought....I think I was jealous

When is it ok to ride in jeans and t-shirts? Discuss (per drsketch)

Like bible thumpers I too hate when people push gear on me....what do you work for Revzilla or something???

Alex- the heat is getting to me.... I'm soooo ANGRY!!!! I NEED A RIDE!!! BUT WHAT GEAR DO I WEAR SO I DON'T GET YELLED AT!!!
adri99an is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 24th, 2011, 08:36 AM   #40
ChaosFromAbove
Money is a drug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adri99an View Post
How did the sploogh feel when while riding on the freeway?

Someone said it best about gear....

whatever gear you decide to wear- just know there are consequences to what may happen to you....

As one that still rides in jeans with shin guards underneath...I too am still looking for the right type of pants.....I went to my local motorcycle superstore (Bert's Mega Mall Azusa, CA) and they had 3-5 types to choose from.......hard to choose from a limited amount...buying online is a crap shoot.....someone on this forum needs to open up a pants store so we can all be ready....and for the record I HATE ball sweat dripping down my leg on a hott 90+ day- at least in Cali it's not like back east where it's HORRIBLY hotttt.

Saw 2 guys on the freeway yesterday on gixxers riding in t-shirts, jeans, tennis shoes...the air blowing their shirts up....the wind going through thier sweaty balls and cooling them off..........ahhhhhhh to be young (and stupid) again is what I thought....I think I was jealous

When is it ok to ride in jeans and t-shirts? Discuss (per drsketch)

Like bible thumpers I too hate when people push gear on me....what do you work for Revzilla or something???

Alex- the heat is getting to me.... I'm soooo ANGRY!!!! I NEED A RIDE!!! BUT WHAT GEAR DO I WEAR SO I DON'T GET YELLED AT!!!
haha, you said it all...it has been way too humid over here for me to care to wear my full gear around town...call me a squid, i dnt really care...at least my balls are dry