ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Closed Thread

Old October 15th, 2009, 02:32 PM   #1
Cute Scoot~

Last futzed with by Cute Scoot~; October 15th, 2009 at 03:53 PM.

Old October 15th, 2009, 02:34 PM   #2
rockNroll

Name: rock

Motorcycle(s): black

I can see this

Old October 15th, 2009, 02:35 PM   #3
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250r (Fastest Color)

Me 2
Posted via Mobile Device

Old October 15th, 2009, 02:36 PM   #4
g21-30
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Sam

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R 2009

Everyone can see your posts. Just Google "Cute Scoot" and see what shows up.

Old October 15th, 2009, 02:38 PM   #5
kkim

yes, he'll be able to see what you post, but you won't see what he posts or PMs. I like that feature and use it often.... try it, you'll like it

remember to delete him from your friend's list, too.

hmmm... let me guess.

Last futzed with by kkim; October 15th, 2009 at 04:04 PM.

Old October 15th, 2009, 02:44 PM   #6
rockNroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by g21-30 View Post
Everyone can see your posts. Just Google "Cute Scoot" and see what shows up.

She's hit # 2 on google

Old October 15th, 2009, 02:46 PM   #7
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

You even deleted me from your friend's list too. Why so cereal?

LOL!

Old October 15th, 2009, 02:52 PM   #8
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

v Tammy, can you see this below? v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post

LOL!
I'm your only friend... except you're my Nemesis.

(Seriously... I finally get a friend request and it's the guy I've been arguing all night with )

Old October 15th, 2009, 02:55 PM   #9
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
v Tammy, can you see this below? v

I'm your only friend... except you're my Nemesis.
So original!

The E-Ladies gotta be all over you!

Quote:
(Seriously... I finally get a friend request and it's the guy I've been arguing all night with )
Dood, why won't you answer my PMs? I got my arms wide open for you. Let's hangout.

Again, don't be a loner mang...I'm here for you bud!

Old October 15th, 2009, 03:09 PM   #10
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cute Scoot~ View Post
yeah, I see it CZroe, why?
His reply indicated that he was the friend being deleted (joking, I guess), thus, ignored. If so, I was wondering if you could see his quoted posts. Looks like he's not the one though.

Quote:
So original!

The E-Ladies gotta be all over you!

Dood, why won't you answer my PMs? I got my arms wide open for you. Let's hangout.

Again, don't be a loner mang...I'm here for you bud!
They were all negative insinuations and personal attacks on my riding ability. How would you want me to respond to trash talk? "Oh yeah?! Them's fightin' words, big guy. You'd better back 'em up too. Meet me at Dead Man's cliff Friday night. When Suzie drops the 'kercheif, we floor it for the drop and the last one to chicken out wins... even if that means goin' airborn!" /cliché

Old October 15th, 2009, 03:13 PM   #11
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Quote:
His reply indicated that he was the friend being deleted (joking, I guess), thus, ignored. If so, I was wondering if you could see his quoted posts. Looks like he's not the one though.
Wow! Nothing gets by you.

Quote:

They were all negative insinuations and personal attacks on my riding ability. How would you want me to respond to trash talk? "Oh yeah?! Them's fightin' words, big guy. You'd better back 'em up too. Meet me at Dead Man's cliff Friday night. When Suzie drops the 'kercheif, we floor it for the drop and the last one to chicken out wins... even if that means goin' airborn!" /cliché

Nah, man! I'm being sincere. Let's be friends. Nah, that place is dangerous. Let's do a trackday together. I gotta look out for my new friend.

Old October 15th, 2009, 03:18 PM   #12
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Wow! Nothing gets by you.

Nah, man! I'm being sincere. Let's be friends. Nah, that place is dangerous. Let's do a trackday together. I gotta look out for my new friend.

Dead Man's Cliff. Don't try to weasel out of it, chump. And HEY! *forcefully jabs shoulder with pointer finger* Be there or be square. /'60s_greaser_impression

Old October 15th, 2009, 03:21 PM   #13
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Quote:
Dead Man's Cliff. Don't try to weasel out of it, chump. And HEY! *jabs shoulder with finger* Be there or be square. /'60s_greaser_impression

You know I got a bad right eye.

Old October 15th, 2009, 03:34 PM   #14
kkim

Ninjette.org Terms of Service

2. Responsibilities

2.1. Members will conduct themselves in a respectful manner. This is not to say that arguments and disagreements between Members are not permitted, simply that a level of respect is to be maintained in doing so. Members' posts should not contain malicious personal attacks, flaming, baiting, trolling, e-sniping, e-stalking, indirect attacks, and other such activities that are not conducive to a positive and productive environment. Personal threats will not be tolerated, and may result in a suspension, if not a perma-ban. Such posts will be acted on by interpretation of admins and/or moderators.

2.2. When personal disputes arise between Members they will take their squabble to Private Message (PM) when requested by Staff to do so. This does not apply to differences of opinion from which others will benefit (arguments pertaining to motorcycling technique, style, history, etc.); it is specifically targeted at those who actively engage in violation of Section 2.1. Such PM's are not to be posted publicly, nor will they be moderated.

2.16. It is the responsibility of the admins to ensure that ninjette.org adheres to the structure provided by this document. The admins are also responsible for modifying this document, when necessary, to accommodate changes in policy due to unforeseen changes. Ninjette.org reserves the right to take immediate action to protect its interest should the need arise and adjust this document to conform with those actions.

Old October 15th, 2009, 03:37 PM   #15
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

As Kkim correctly stated, the ignore list only affects the member who chooses to use the feature. In a sense, that member sees a view of the site, with all of the content created by the ignored user blanked out. The member won't see posts from that user, won't see PM's (or get PM notifications) from PM's sent to them by that user, and for all intents and purposes, it's as if that user doesn't exist on their view of the board. The one exception is within quoted posts. If you have someone on ignore, but somebody else quotes a post of theirs within their own posts, you will in fact see their post content (since the poster of that content isn't on your ignore list as well).

From the ignored member's perspective, nothing changes. They can still see everything that they could before on the site, they can still send PM's to anyone (though the ones they send to people who are ignoring them just go in a black hole and are never delivered), and they really have no idea whether or not somebody else has them on the ignore list.

What all this means is that anyone is free to experiment with the ignore function to clean up their own particular view of this site, with zero consequences on what anybody else sees. The only caveat is that to make this work, it's ill advised to continue to quote all the text (or any of the text) from any particular troublesome users, as then anyone who happens to have them on ignore still is subjected to that content. I don't think we have any folks on this site that are truly so over the top to be offensive to all and hit the double-digit ignore threshold, but the site's young. We might get there.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old October 15th, 2009, 03:42 PM   #16
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Perhaps a meaningful user rating can be derived from the ignore count while still keeping the ignorers anonymous? I think it would work better than Kawiforums where someone who doesn't like something you said (or corrected) can neg you out of spite. Sure, someone could ignore another user just to lower their rating, but they'd be hurting themselves in the process if it were unjustified and the user truly didn't deserve it. Even if we can't see the name, I'm curious to know the number.

Old October 15th, 2009, 04:03 PM   #17
kkim

Quote:
Perhaps a meaningful user rating can be derived from the ignore count while still keeping the ignorers anonymous? I think it would work better than Kawiforums where someone who doesn't like something you said (or corrected) can neg you out of spite. Sure, someone could ignore another user just to lower their rating, but they'd be hurting themselves in the process if it were unjustified and the user truly didn't deserve it. Even if we can't see the name, I'm curious to know the number.
how about we all act like adults and get on with more important issues of the board?

I used to feel the way you do, but have come to realize you need to be evaluated by others in every post you make. That way you post only words that truly reflect the person you are.

Old October 15th, 2009, 04:05 PM   #18
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

I'm not a fan of vB's reputation system, which is why it isn't enabled on this board. I also don't believe any hacks or mods to the ignore functionality would be particularly worthwhile. I know that your intentions are good, I just don't believe they would be particularly effective. Having a user to be able to see the ignore count against them implies that such a user would behave differently based on knowing that a number of folks in the community have chosen to ignore them. All well and good, except that if a user ever gets into that category, it's rare that they could give a crap about people putting them on the ignore list. In a perverse way, at that point it would almost be entertaining for such a user to see what they could do to crank up that number, completely defeating the purpose of such a mod.

From the rest of the community's viewpoint, it wouldn't do much good either to see that a particular user has a high ignore percentage. It quickly becomes obvious to even someone brand new to the site if someone is being, well, somebody they'd rather not listen to. No ignore count is necessary for someone to quickly understand what's going on, posts inevitably speak for themselves.

What it really comes down to is that communities like this self-police quite well, and I believe we have the tools in place to make it work already. Out of 1800+ users, 1200+ active (on in the last 90 days), 3 users have been banned over the board's history, for a grand total of 21 days. And very, very few users utilize the ignore list in any fashion. I think we're OK.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old October 15th, 2009, 04:05 PM   #19
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
I used to feel the way you do, but have come to realize you need to be evaluated by others in every post you make. That way you post only words that truly reflect the person you are.
+ A Lot.

Old October 15th, 2009, 04:32 PM   #20
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
+ A Lot.
I used to think this way but not any more. You can try to please everyone but there will always be those who just won't like you. So, there's a limit you have to place for yourself. That saying, "Nice guys finish last" is so true.

You won't even meet 90% of the peeps you converse with on the internet. And the tone on the net is so hard to decipher, and as a result people get all butt hurt. Hence, don't take things so seriously on the net otherwise you'll be butthurt and threads will go 30+ pages fighting over silly stuff.

Old October 15th, 2009, 05:02 PM   #21
Alex
ninjette.org dude

No internet conflict I've ever witnessed gets past step 1. It's the nature of the medium.

(aimed at nobody in particular, just a means to further discussion about our perceptions of eachother exclusively through our posts... )

Old October 15th, 2009, 05:28 PM   #22
Greg_E
ninjette.org sage

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 90 Suzuki gsx600f Katana, 03 Buell XB9R

Quote:

Fruit Loops? Capn' Crunch?

Old October 15th, 2009, 06:19 PM   #23
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_E View Post
Fruit Loops? Capn' Crunch?
Nuts & Honey, my friend. Nuts & Honey.

C'mon now, you knew I was gonna say that!

Old October 17th, 2009, 11:54 AM   #24
zartan

Name: zartan

Motorcycle(s): 08 250 R

It all boils down to respect..
It really is that simple.

Old October 17th, 2009, 04:13 PM   #25
darthnip
ninjette.org member

Name: darth

Motorcycle(s): 2007 ninja 250

sometimes im very glad that i usually have no idea whats going on.

Old October 17th, 2009, 04:28 PM   #26
rockNroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthnip View Post
sometimes im very glad that i usually have no idea whats going on.
It's like this....

Her sig says she doesn't eat her friends. Someone on this board just got put back into the food chain!

Old October 17th, 2009, 04:42 PM   #27
darthnip
ninjette.org member

Not eating friends....well that makes sense, especially since i dont know where most of my friends have been. Maybe one or two would be ok, but i'd have to make sure they were cooked right. Nobody should eat friends undercooked or with the wrong side dishes. and for petes sake dont forget the gravy!

Old October 17th, 2009, 07:07 PM   #28
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Blue '08 Ninja 250

or the biscuits.

Old October 17th, 2009, 07:16 PM   #29
Cute Scoot~

Post no

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockNroll View Post
It's like this....

Her sig says she doesn't eat her friends. Someone on this board just got put back into the food chain!
he's not getting eaten, he is my Friend.

Old October 17th, 2009, 09:19 PM   #30
rockNroll

Quote:
I'm glad you worked things out

Old October 20th, 2009, 12:24 AM   #31
emt250
2 Wheel Newb

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 2007 250r

I'm confused, but thats pretty common for me.

Old October 20th, 2009, 07:22 AM   #32
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
I just want to know what you mean by "I Don't Eat my Friends." in the first place. You eat people you don't like? What does that mean? Cannibalism? Or do you mean you "eat them alive" (meaning that you figuratively tear them apart, chew them up, and spit them out)?

Last futzed with by CZroe; October 20th, 2009 at 09:47 AM.

Old October 20th, 2009, 08:09 AM   #33
backinthesaddleagain

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

I am still waiting for the race at dead man's curve. Though I prefer the race between John Milner's yellow Ford and the Chevy driven by Harrison Ford. Cindy Williams should not have been a passenger in the car during the race.

Old October 20th, 2009, 09:04 AM   #34
Cute Scoot~

Exclamation meaning

Quote:
I just want to know what you mean by "I Don't Eat my Friends." in the first place. You eat peaople you don't like? What does that mean? Cannibalism? Or do you mean you "eat them alive" (meaning that you figuratively tear them apart, chew them up, and spit them out)?
I don't Eat Animals. YOU are a Cannibal if You eat them.

Old October 20th, 2009, 09:12 AM   #35
darthnip
ninjette.org member

i eat animals, and i love every bite. dont think a cow or a chicken wouldn't eat you in a heartbeat if they had thumbs, cause they would.

meat is murder, tasty tasty murder.

Old October 20th, 2009, 09:16 AM   #36
rockNroll

Quote:
I don't Eat Animals. YOU are a Cannibal if You eat them.
Only if the animal is a human.

Old October 20th, 2009, 09:38 AM   #37
Cute Scoot~

Thumbs down we are the same

Rock and Roll, You are a zombie if You eat dead corpses AND a Cannibal

Old October 20th, 2009, 09:49 AM   #38
CZroe
CPT Falcon

I'm a big pet and nature guy, but I make it a point not to befriend cows, chickens, pigs, and fish.

That'd be about as weird as befriending a carrot...

Link to original page on YouTube.

But seriously... I'm all for vegans and vegetarians who chose to be so for health or good causes (fighting cruel factory farming), but I've always said that "because they are cute and fluffy" is not a good cause. Even so, adult chickens, cows, and fish aren't cute or fluffy IMO. Pigs, OTOH, can be cute but, thankfully, not the giant kind we raise to eat!

Old October 20th, 2009, 09:58 AM   #39
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
You are disgusting dartnip, and Cows and Chickens are Vegetarian!
His point was that that was because they aren't able to catch and eat meat or use tools to hunt without thumbs.

For example, cows happily (and cannibalistically) gobble up feed made with their ground-up cousins... hence, BSE "Mad Cow Disease" (a protein prion disease).

Oh, and both chickens and fish hunt worms and bugs all day long. They certainly aren't vegetarian! Most fish are even cannibals (Tuna is the worst!).

Edit: Oh boy. I think I'm going to end up on her ignore list.

Last futzed with by CZroe; October 20th, 2009 at 12:33 PM.

Old October 20th, 2009, 12:00 PM   #40
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
I Choose to have compassion, You don'tPLUS it doesn't matter if an Animal is Vegetarian or NOT. Two Wrongs don't make a Right.
You think an animal surviving the natural and only way it knows how is "wrong" in the first place?

Oh, and, FWIW, I don't know anyone MORE compassionate toward animals and nature than I am. Your definition of compassionate is simply too narrow IMO. Having a healty respect and love for nature does not mean "vegetarian."

Chipotle's "Food With Integrity" mantra is compassionate. Being vegetarian to fight factory farming is compassionate. "Because they're cute" isn't, IMO.

Closed Thread