ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old January 28th, 2015, 03:12 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[visordown.com] - Honda signs Jenny Tinmouth in BSB

HONDA UK has signed Jenny Tinmouth to race in BSB for the 2015 season.

Tinmouth will join the Honda Racing BSB squad riding a CBR1000RR Fireblade in three-rider line-up with Jason O'Halloran and Dan Linfoot.

Cheshire-based Tinmouth, 36, holds the record as woman around the Isle Man TT’s Mountain course.

She is also the first and only woman to ride in BSB and has competed in the series since 2011.

She said: ‘I'm absolutely over the moon and cannot believe I'm riding for Honda Racing in the British Superbike Championship.

‘It's always been my ultimate dream to ride for the team and to have the opportunity this year is just amazing. I'm riding the Honda BSB bike for the first time during a team test in March and I can't wait.’

Honda UK’s Head of Motorcycles Nick Campolucci said: ‘There'll be a focus on Jenny because she's a female racer, of course. After all, she's the first and only woman rider to compete in British Superbikes. But she's a proven competitor and current Isle of Man TT lap record holder. Jenny joins the team on merit and we are very pleased that we have the opportunity to work with her.’

Honda Racing team manager Havier Beltran said: ‘This is a fantastic opportunity for Jenny being part of the Honda Racing team, alongside Dan and Jason. She's been on Hondas for a couple of years now running her own team. This year will be a huge learning curve, getting used to the team and the bike, but will also really push her in the series and hopefully generate some good results.’

Click here for full story...