ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old September 10th, 2008, 05:45 PM   #1
N.M.smallponiesbigsmiles
smallponiesbigsmiles

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 08 650 KLR 08 250 R Ninja & a few older bikes

Anyone elses 08 ninja make little meeyaawwe ninja noses ?

Im alittle,hard of hearing,but after a month of getting to know my new love i noticed it makeing a funny kinda mewwing porpus ,whale song noise thing low & and kinda soothing.Thought i was imajanig things naw he heard it too.well im leaning torwards posability may be trying to comunicate.like the other day i open the garage look ta see if all is well i hear ninjette,ninja noise mee e, i understood yeah i know daddys glad to be home too.Or the other day after leaveing it in a parkinglot put the keys in meee I know i know its hot out hear'or like at a stop light ninja noise i know i wish the light would change to.Any one else ? listen & you may hear it say someting,or am i the only lucky one ? Apologize for the spelling. hey wait thier it goes again out in my driveway i hear it gota go.Daddys comeing, baby whants to go for a ride before it gets dark .I know baby be their as soon as i post this .By yall ride safe!
N.M.smallponiesbigsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 10th, 2008, 05:56 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Hi David!

Nope, you must have paid extra to get one of those limited edition "talking ninjettes". Enjoy it! Mine's been comparatively silent so far...

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 10th, 2008, 02:05 PM   #3
kkim

lol.. if you want to have it stop talking to you, there is a mod for the gas cap that will possibly fix it.

As a check, as the bike is talking, pop the gas cap and see if it stops talking. if it does, it's the gas cap... if it doesn't, see you on Letterman or the Tonight Show.

if you like it talking, then by all means leave it... just make sure the other gas engine vehicles in your garage don't start talking to you as well... that's an entirely different problem
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 19th, 2008, 07:31 PM   #4
TheDuck
Da Duckman

Name: Duckman

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, '06 Chopper, '80 Puch Magnum II, '01 SV650, '99 CR250/CR500AF Sportbike. '02 CRF450/CR500AF Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
lol.. if you want to have it stop talking to you, there is a mod for the gas cap that will possibly fix it.

As a check, as the bike is talking, pop the gas cap and see if it stops talking. if it does, it's the gas cap... if it doesn't, see you on Letterman or the Tonight Show.

if you like it talking, then by all means leave it... just make sure the other gas engine vehicles in your garage don't start talking to you as well... that's an entirely different problem
LOL! For some reason I was thinking of a straight-cut gear whine... or maybe an overly-tight cam chain.

My tank makes all sorts of different noises depending on how full it is, the temperature, and how long since I last rode it.

I bring the bike in the office in the morning when I go to work, it will randomly squeal when it feels like it. Often making people look around wondering what the hell they are hearing! I just laugh.
TheDuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 19th, 2008, 07:40 PM   #5
kkim

you bring your bike into the office? where do you work???... in a barn?
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 19th, 2008, 07:52 PM   #6
TheDuck
Da Duckman

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, '06 Chopper, '80 Puch Magnum II, '01 SV650, '99 CR250/CR500AF Sportbike. '02 CRF450/CR500AF Dirt

LOL!

Might as well be a barn, I do let the ducks run free.

I do computers and technology, web-programming, the works! I have my own office and I roll the bike right into the front door and park it right up front. It brightens up the office, everyone likes it there.

A competing computer shop had a roughed up cruiser parked on his sales floor. I just figured I would outdo him.

Old November 20th, 2008, 08:56 AM   #7
TrueFaith
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wayne

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Honda CBR250R

Hiya Duck! I used to do the same thing with an old Yamaha I had. I worked the night shift with only one other guy. I would bring the bike in the back door and up the freight elevator and park it right next to my desk. I even changed the oil one evening and doing that on a carpet sure beats a cold concrete floor. My boss was scrathing his head for days after that wondering how a spot of oil got on his rug.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 22nd, 2008, 04:11 AM   #8
VeX
That's me!

Name: TJ

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r (Tis blue), 2008 CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
Hiya Duck! I used to do the same thing with an old Yamaha I had. I worked the night shift with only one other guy. I would bring the bike in the back door and up the freight elevator and park it right next to my desk. I even changed the oil one evening and doing that on a carpet sure beats a cold concrete floor. My boss was scrathing his head for days after that wondering how a spot of oil got on his rug.
That's epic It'd be even better if the other guy walked by and you were able to interupt:

"What?? I'm on my lunch break!"
VeX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2008, 01:35 PM   #9
jdesiano1
Stealth like Ninja, Lol

Name: Jessica

Motorcycle(s): Red 2008 250

Hi mine always makes the same sound. I always say "I know mama's here now it's okay". My husband dies laughing. It doesn't bother me anymore. Hey at least we have bikes to make these sounds right.
jdesiano1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 2nd, 2008, 02:15 PM   #10
Kurosaki
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星

Name: Joseph

Motorcycle(s): 08 Kurosaki 250, 09 Honda 600RawrRawr

Speaking of sounds, I've never heard the popular gas tank whining sound from my bikes others have spoken of.
Kurosaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 2nd, 2008, 08:11 PM   #11
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Mine either. Not sure if it's less prevalent on the california-spec bikes with a recovery cannister...

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 9th, 2008, 03:52 PM   #12
Bill N
ninjette.org member

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 250 Ninja

Smile

Yepper, My bike meows and moans all the time. It is for sure via the gas cap. Funny when I'm working in the garage I talk to it too. If I'm in a bad mood I tell it to shut the F... Up! In a good mood I tell it, "don't worry everything will be ok."
I must be going nuts talking to a motorcycle.
Bill
Bill N is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 12th, 2008, 12:43 PM   #13
jdesiano1
Stealth like Ninja, Lol

Name: Jessica

Motorcycle(s): Red 2008 250

Bill where in Tampa are you? My hubby and I are from there. Nice to have ya on bored. I can't believe we left year round riding weather for 8 months (if we are lucky here) here in Tn.
jdesiano1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 12th, 2008, 03:11 PM   #14
Bill N
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): 250 Ninja

Jessica,
I live in Safety Harbor. Riding weather this Sunday looks to be perfect here. High's in the upper 70's. Cheers, Bill
Bill N is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 12th, 2008, 06:38 PM   #15
islanderman7
The Sexy Filipino

Name: Jordan

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R 2008 (da black one)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosaki View Post
Speaking of sounds, I've never heard the popular gas tank whining sound from my bikes others have spoken of.
Same. Could be like Alex said about it being less prevalent on Cali-Spec bikes.
islanderman7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 12th, 2008, 07:48 PM   #16
TheDuck
Da Duckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill N View Post
Yepper, My bike meows and moans all the time. It is for sure via the gas cap. Funny when I'm working in the garage I talk to it too. If I'm in a bad mood I tell it to shut the F... Up! In a good mood I tell it, "don't worry everything will be ok."
I must be going nuts talking to a motorcycle.
Bill
Yeah! Its funny though when it does it on its own, and you haven't disturbed the bike at all.

I park it in my office below the alarm panel. I've heard many times that "the alarm is making noises"

Old December 13th, 2008, 11:47 PM   #17
Reddoak
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r - Traded for 2009 ER-6N

Mine will whistle through the gas cap occasionally. Usually on warmer days.

If I catch anyone looking at it strangely when it does, I park it and run away as fast as I can screaming "GET DOWN!" Good times.
Reddoak is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 14th, 2008, 08:44 AM   #18
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

I'd love to see the looks on their faces!

Mine actually did it yesterday when I got home from riding in 34* weather! BRRR! I was pretty surprised she would do it when it's that cold - I had figured it for a warmer weather thing.... I guess she was just saying thanks for the ride!
noche_caliente is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 14th, 2008, 09:00 AM   #19
TheDuck
Da Duckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by noche_caliente View Post
I'd love to see the looks on their faces!

Mine actually did it yesterday when I got home from riding in 34* weather! BRRR! I was pretty surprised she would do it when it's that cold - I had figured it for a warmer weather thing.... I guess she was just saying thanks for the ride!
Yep, mine will do it anytime, too, but does it best and LOUDEST when its warm out and the bike has been disturbed. Also the less fuel in the tank, the LOUDER it gets!

Old December 14th, 2008, 09:14 AM   #20
workdaddy
WORKDADDY

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2008 ninja 2fitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddoak View Post

If I catch anyone looking at it strangely when it does, I park it and run away as fast as I can screaming "GET DOWN!" Good times.
But when you scream get down do you say it like this? ! About 2:00 mark

Link to original page on YouTube.

This guy Paublo Fransico is great!

workdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 16th, 2008, 12:14 PM   #21
mcteague
ninjette.org member

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Yamaha FZ6

Now that cooler/cold weather is upon me my bike seems to have become a bit more taciturn. In the Summer it cries all the time.

Tim
mcteague is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 28th, 2009, 06:07 PM   #22
OldGuy
Live Life

Name: Don

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Green SE Ninja 250

OK folks - when I read this thread last year I got a good laugh out of it but it really didn't connect with me the way it does now. I mean how many people out there (non-'08-'09 owners) have their rides say hi to them when they come home at night? Or cry when you go to work because you took the cage instead of them.

However, when I opened the garage door this morning to get the snow blower out, when it was 8 deg and 25 mph wind, and do the driveway I think what she said was CLOSE THE $*@)ING DOOR.

That's OK, I love her. Of course my wife thinks I've gone off the deep end. That is until I told to her to just pat Nini on the tank and --- she sighed for her on cue.

Old February 28th, 2009, 06:46 PM   #23
Buffalony

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250 "Wasabi", 82 Yamaha xj650j

I really really like this member. I hear them too.
Buffalony is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 1st, 2009, 10:38 AM   #24
TrueFaith
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wayne

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Honda CBR250R

I had to do the gas tank mod because I got tired of hearing my bike whinning after I parked it in the shed after a ride. I already don't ride enough as it is. I don't need my bike complaining about it after every ride too.
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 1st, 2009, 07:43 PM   #25
mike_sema
ninjette.org guru

Name: mike

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250r

that’s some funny stuff! I was in the garage when I 1st haerd it I just told her that it would be alright we would go out in the morning, so my wife walks in and as we are talking she ask if there is a cat in the garage and I say no long story short after 20 min of my wife looking around and opening the garage door I had to fill her in ooo was she mad

Old October 31st, 2009, 03:42 PM   #26
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

This post deserves to be cross-linked.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 4th, 2009, 04:51 PM   #27
Sailariel

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Rode to the VA Hospital and back on Monday---36F. I parked the bike in our heated garage and it started meowing appearently appreciating the warmth. The tank was half full. It was a round trip of 92 miles. The garage is a steady 52F.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 5th, 2009, 11:18 AM   #28
liltenatattoo
ninjette.org member

Name: Tena

Motorcycle(s): 2008 blue 250r "KameSane"

my sister just picked up one of the bikes that were for sale on this forum a few months back. I had it parked outside my house next to my bike, talking to my neighbor, standing there comparing my bike with her new but used one. i touched the bike and it "meeeooowwwed" I was like wtf! did a kitten crawl up into this thing?
my bike hasn't made these noises. I assumed it was gas fumes escaping from the tank, because after sitting there for a while and listening to it, the noise was def. coming out of the tank. after reading this original post, i started cracking up. After I heard the noise i called my sis and told her that her bike misses her already.
I'm sure it's nothing major to worry about, but i wonder if the temp. has anything to do with it. It was about 40-50 degree's in my area since we had the bike. I'll def. be on the look out when it warms up in the spring.
liltenatattoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 5th, 2009, 12:12 PM   #29
danknation
ninjette.org member

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddoak View Post

Oh my lord this will be my new pre-class ritual. Bessie is always crying when I go to leave her in the parking lot, now I can get a good chuckle out of it!
danknation is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 5th, 2009, 02:09 PM   #30
liltenatattoo
ninjette.org member

Name: Tena

Motorcycle(s): 2008 blue 250r "KameSane"

well since my lil kamesane doesn't whine for me, does that mean he doesn't love me?
liltenatattoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 5th, 2009, 05:28 PM   #31
g21-30

Name: Sam

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R 2009

It will, unless the gas cap was modified!
g21-30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 5th, 2009, 09:32 PM   #32
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Blue '08 Ninja 250

My does the whine, I just take it in stride, kinda get a kick out of it.

nb

Old November 6th, 2009, 08:26 AM   #33
ccrd1122
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Mommy, what I'm called most at home.

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r, 2007 Kawasaki ZZR600

My 09 ninjette does that, even when Im stopped at a light! The dealership says they cant do anything for it. Its funny to watch my new neigbors, I think they beleive Im torturing a cat or something!
ccrd1122 is offline   Reply With Quote