Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Videos

Notices

Old May 2nd, 2018, 07:59 PM   #41
CaliGrrl
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
I may call people names when they do something stupid, but I'm not going to let them crash me or worse. Not gonna get into a road-rage situation. The jerks may think they've "won" but I think I win because my blood pressure stays good and I don't crash.
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 3rd, 2018, 01:49 PM   #42
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
One of my pet-peaves - http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2018/...areness-month/

Lazy and sloppy driving (like not using signals) does irk me, but it's the things that are more direct safety issues like following too closely or passing too closely that really get me going. I guess it's the disregard for the safety of others on the road and the severe consequences of poor driving that is the issue.

One common issue that has been getting me irritated lately is when I need to turn into my subdivision. There is another full passing lane that begins before the turn, yet people are always irritated that they need to move over for you - so they move over just enough at the last minute. You don't know if they are not paying attention or just want to show you they are irritated.

A little courtesy, and respect, goes a long way to keeping Road Rage in-check.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 3rd, 2018, 01:56 PM   #43
Racer x

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
My favorite move is when a vehicle feels the need to pass you,then cut in front of you and then turn into there driveway. How many times has this happened?

Old May 3rd, 2018, 02:31 PM   #44
Ram Jet

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer x View Post
My favorite move is when a vehicle feels the need to pass you,then cut in front of you and then turn into there driveway. How many times has this happened?
WAAAAAAAY too many times for me.

Bill

Old May 3rd, 2018, 04:16 PM   #45
mgentz
Board Member

Name: ...

Motorcycle(s): 250R (street), 250R (dirt)

You have all mentioned some good ones. However, a pet peeve of mine is consistent speed. Too many people drive fast in slow areas and slow in fast areas. Or they drive fast around you, only to slow down and cause you to take action....i could go on and on just with this....
mgentz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 4th, 2018, 09:10 AM   #46
Cafe Racer
ninjette.org member

Name: Charlie

Motorcycle(s): Harley Fatboy, Honda CX500, Harley XL1200C Sportster, 305 Honda Dream, Ninja 250

I find the roads here in northern Florida pretty good for motorcycles. Most people do not use turn signals. I ride on I95 a lot. I stay in the right lane and move quickly to pass. Don't allow yourself to get boxed in.

My close calls have all been pullouts right in front of me with the cage driver on the phone. One just the other day, a young lady pulled out right I front of me. Her cell phone to her left ear blocking her view in my direction. She pulled out and I passed on her passenger side. Boy was she suprised as I passed her. I am sure she had no idea how close it was.

No sense in yelling at her because she was clueless.
Cafe Racer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 4th, 2018, 09:13 AM   #47
Ram Jet

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafe Racer View Post
I find the roads here in northern Florida pretty good for motorcycles. Most people do not use turn signals. I ride on I95 a lot. I stay in the right lane and move quickly to pass. Don't allow yourself to get boxed in.

My close calls have all been pullouts right in front of me with the cage driver on the phone. One just the other day, a young lady pulled out right I front of me. Her cell phone to her left ear blocking her view in my direction. She pulled out and I passed on her passenger side. Boy was she suprised as I passed her. I am sure she had no idea how close it was.

No sense in yelling at her because she was clueless.

It's illegal to drive and talk on your cell phone in Michigan - and should be. However, no one pays attention to the law. How bad is it when you talk on your cell phone and walk into a light pole or a pane glass window?

Bill

Old May 4th, 2018, 09:19 AM   #48
DannoXYZ

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Heck, here in S.F. people walk off sidewalk into traffic and in front of buses all the time!

And cell-phone texting is illegal with allowed calls only with hands-off. But does those laws get enforce? NO!!! Ridiculous! I go through northern tunnel out of Golden Gate Bridge about once a week and at least every other trip, someone on the phone doesn't see the turn coming out of tunnel and goes from far left to far right across 3 lanes of traffic! I don't know the stats, but I bet cell usage probably kills more people than drunk-driving!

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; May 4th, 2018 at 06:10 PM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 4th, 2018, 11:15 AM   #49
Racer x

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
The thing with cell phones is so easy to fix. Add a feature that will not allow calls while the phone is in motion.

Old May 4th, 2018, 04:15 PM   #50
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
^^ Yeah... that will never happen.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old May 8th, 2018, 05:25 PM   #51
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
I can see lots of grumpy folks having to tie themselves to things so they can use the phone ^