ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Notices

Old October 19th, 2020, 09:11 AM   #81
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
How did it go this weekend guys? Any improvements on braking in 10 & 14?

I make up A LOT of time on people under braking into 10 & 14.

https://youtu.be/kAhejVn1fVM?t=395&l...5LjCzl&index=6

Back up to start of video for footage of JRSHOOTER!
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2020, 10:17 AM   #82
jrshooter
ninjette.org guru

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post

First off I want to thank you so much Danno.
I got to talk to mechanic crazy a little bit this weekend.
So hitting the apexes on the on the gas turns such as 15 and 6 unless I check up my throttle but I don't want to.
I will check out your video when I get home tonight. Thanks again Danno.
jrshooter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2020, 11:47 AM   #83
DannoXYZ

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

You're welcome! Hope you had fun!

Yeah, T6 determines speed all way through to T9! Lots of time to be gained or lost from just one corner!

Also search YouTube for "Jordan Edginton 250" videos. I review them before races to see where he shifts and brakes so I can follow him around easier. Gosh, I must've watched them hundreds of times so the rhythm is embedded. Then it feels natural when I'm out there.

Old October 19th, 2020, 03:16 PM   #84
jrshooter
ninjette.org guru

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): ninja 300

Talking

Quote:

danno i was thinking to myself your rolling pretty good but why is he rolling off so early for turn 1 thats a uphill highspeed turn. and then you park it like a liter bike
jrshooter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2020, 04:41 PM   #85
DannoXYZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrshooter View Post
danno i was thinking to myself your rolling pretty good but why is he rolling off so early for turn 1 thats a uphill highspeed turn. and then you park it like a liter bike
heh heh... and I think we both went off-roading after T1 too!

Old October 25th, 2020, 04:28 PM   #86
Mechanikrazy
ninjette.org guru

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): Thruxton R, R6 450 triple, EX300 (sold)

Quote:

Got to meet @jrshooter and chat. My weekend ended prematurely due to idiocy. Haha. I went into the weekend with the mindset of trying to beat my laptimes from last year's AFM weekend. I started this year's Buttonwillow round with the same laptime as my best laptime in 2019, so I thought to push out the gates at Thill. Crashed in T14 with a lowside. Should have dialed it back.

Spent the rest of the weekend just hanging out with some friends and then left the track early. Hoping to get the bike back together for a Chuckwalla open trackday weekend Nov 14/15. Otherwise, I will just take my street ride (Thruxton R) and putt around.
Mechanikrazy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 23rd, 2020, 01:46 PM   #87
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanikrazy View Post
Got to meet @jrshooter and chat. My weekend ended prematurely due to idiocy. Haha. I went into the weekend with the mindset of trying to beat my laptimes from last year's AFM weekend. I started this year's Buttonwillow round with the same laptime as my best laptime in 2019, so I thought to push out the gates at Thill. Crashed in T14 with a lowside. Should have dialed it back.

Spent the rest of the weekend just hanging out with some friends and then left the track early. Hoping to get the bike back together for a Chuckwalla open trackday weekend Nov 14/15. Otherwise, I will just take my street ride (Thruxton R) and putt around.
Derp, glad you can at least take responsibility for the crash and why it may have happened. Bummer, hope you know exactly what you did (besides try and beat your last years time) and that the rest of the track days go better for you!
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 2nd, 2020, 02:41 AM   #88
Mechanikrazy
ninjette.org guru

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): Thruxton R, R6 450 triple, EX300 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti View Post
Derp, glad you can at least take responsibility for the crash and why it may have happened. Bummer, hope you know exactly what you did (besides try and beat your last years time) and that the rest of the track days go better for you!
Yeahhhhhh...... I think so, but it's always a work in progress with my riding.

Went into T14 slightly hotter than I should have. It was also my first weekend running the bike as a 600 instead of a 450 (disabled cylinder) in over 1.5 years. I did not given myself enough margin to adjust to the differences in straight line speed. That coupled with probably a bit of residual tension on the inside bar from not relaxing enough yet in the morning led me to not feeling the warning sign from the front end before it tucked. In hindsight, I would have been better just stopping adding the lean angle and running wide while letting speed scrub off (that good ol' speed scrub awareness drill), even if it meant ultimately straightening up and running off. Also, I probably could have been better about preemptively getting my upper body more to the inside a la "hook turn" positioning to buy a bit more lean angle after realizing I was in hot.

On the upside, the crash was not because of any attempt to add lean and add throttle. Corner entry speed and speed scrub awareness was something I worked with Laura last time I was at the school, and it has been something I have really focused on. In the past, I was, without even thinking about it, masking my slow entries with too early of a throttle pick up before max angle. Working specifically on speed scrub awareness the past year significantly improved my corner entries (and I think is a part of the time I've improved on from last year). It showed me how I could enter significantly faster while letting both trail braking and scrub bring me to the correct speed to time the throttle pick up near the slowest point of the corner, and avoid the bad habit of getting to the throttle too early before max lean. I just need to not be a bonehead when applying my lessons.
Mechanikrazy is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old December 7th, 2020, 01:53 PM   #89
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanikrazy View Post
Yeahhhhhh...... I think so, but it's always a work in progress with my riding.

Went into T14 slightly hotter than I should have. It was also my first weekend running the bike as a 600 instead of a 450 (disabled cylinder) in over 1.5 years. I did not given myself enough margin to adjust to the differences in straight line speed. That coupled with probably a bit of residual tension on the inside bar from not relaxing enough yet in the morning led me to not feeling the warning sign from the front end before it tucked. In hindsight, I would have been better just stopping adding the lean angle and running wide while letting speed scrub off (that good ol' speed scrub awareness drill), even if it meant ultimately straightening up and running off. Also, I probably could have been better about preemptively getting my upper body more to the inside a la "hook turn" positioning to buy a bit more lean angle after realizing I was in hot.

On the upside, the crash was not because of any attempt to add lean and add throttle. Corner entry speed and speed scrub awareness was something I worked with Laura last time I was at the school, and it has been something I have really focused on. In the past, I was, without even thinking about it, masking my slow entries with too early of a throttle pick up before max angle. Working specifically on speed scrub awareness the past year significantly improved my corner entries (and I think is a part of the time I've improved on from last year). It showed me how I could enter significantly faster while letting both trail braking and scrub bring me to the correct speed to time the throttle pick up near the slowest point of the corner, and avoid the bad habit of getting to the throttle too early before max lean. I just need to not be a bonehead when applying my lessons.
Hahaha, amazing!!! Love it!! I especially love how you've analyzed the crash, you know what went wrong and why and you also know what you could have done differently. We all make mistakes but the important part is to learn from them so that they don't happen again.

I really love the explanation of what you were working with Laura in terms of speed scrub awareness and how that applies to your recent crash. That is such an important skill (and actually something I was doing wrong, getting on the gas too soon) in a few areas which meant I couldn't get to WOT soon enough on the exit. So even though I was fast mid corner, it caused my drive out to suffer and ultimately lost some drive on the exit.

Great points!
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.