ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Notices

Old March 18th, 2016, 04:40 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[motorcycle.com] - AMA Supermoto Will Start 2016 At All-New Kern County Raceway Park

In less than a month’s time the AMA Supermoto Championship kicks off 2016 with the season opener presented by Sully’s Chevron, fueled by Jumpstart Energy Shot at the all-new Kern County Raceway Park in Bakersfield, Calif., on April 9.

Gage McAllister returns to defend his crown and attempt a third-straight title in the Open Class, which would further cement his dominance of the premier class in the new-era of the AMA National Supermoto Championship.

“I’m really looking forward to the start of the season,” McAllister said. “Kern County is a venue I’ve never been to before, so I’m stoked to be there for round one to kick off the season in my home state. I’ll be riding for a new team this year so it’s going to be fun learning the new bike.”

Also hungry to kick off 2016 is two-time Huntington Beach Honda WAR Supermoto Series Pro Champion and last year’s Supermoto Lites runner-up Josh Jackson. Fueling that hunger even more is starting the season at home in front of family and friends.

“It’s a new track layout, so it’s going to be new to all of us,” Jackson said. “So I don’t really have a home town advantage on them. I think it’s more my mind set, knowing that I have a lot of friends and family there. It’s definitely going to push me to do everything I can to win this event.”

Josh Jackson is extra motivated to win in front of his family and friends at his home track.

The event is also special to Jackson in that his dad built the place.

“My dad built that facility so it means a lot to me because I remember standing out there when that place was a level dirt lot,” Jackson said. “It took a lot of years for that place to actually get finished, so I sat there and thought about this for a lot of years. So for it to actually finally happen, means a lot to me.”

Jackson isn’t alone in the excitement of kicking off the season at the all-new venue. The state of the art short track facility promises to showcase some great Supermoto racing.

“I’m really excited about starting the season off at Kern County Raceway,” said USA Pro Supermoto Chief of Operations Matt Stewart. “The venue is brand new and one of the best short tracks in the country. Plus, the layout of their facility is perfect for a Supermoto race and the track’s staff is excited about Supermoto as we are.”

In addition to the race action, there will be a stunt bike show during the intermission. To purchase tickets for the event, click here.

AMA Supermoto Will Start 2016 At All-New Kern County Raceway Park appeared first on Motorcycle.com News.

Click here for full story...