ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old September 18th, 2012, 06:51 AM   #1
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

might be trading again. :)

Well its been about 5 months and Im already tired of the DRZ... thats just how I am. I buy a bike. fix it up and then trade it or sell it. I havent been able to hold onto anything longer than 6 months in the last few years... haha. :anim_peep:

Anyways a possible trade popped up and I am interested and it seems like a decent deal for both of us. I know most of the history of one of the 250s as it actually used to be one of my buddies before he traded it for a boat. (i live in a small town haha) Its a 2006 YZF 250. Looks clean and like I said I talked to the former owner and he new the owners before and said it was treated good and is in good shape and he wouldnt have let if go for under $2500 cash. The next bike is a 2006 KX250. The guy got this from his sister who tried to ride it but it was too much of a bike for her... haha. anyways I just put a new MRD SSW on the DRZ but I dont want to pay to have it jetted. The guy liked the Yoshi that was on it, so Ill ask him if he wants to jet it or ill put the Yoshi back on (if so ill have an MRD SSW up for sale in the market place soon) Anyways I figure its worth around 2300. I feel like its a pretty good deal as I was going to ask for around 4k for it if I sold it anyways. without the MRD SSW prolly even a little less...
YZF

KX

If youre wondering why this now. Well because Im gonna be done on the street for awhile. And which ever one I like the least Ill be trading for a smaller bike to mess around on and have my wife learn on. And then we can all go out riding... of course it will probably just be my family getting mad at me because I go to fast.. haha

what do you guys think?
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 18th, 2012, 08:13 AM   #2
Jono
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

I think you should keep the SM. Haha. I just got a KLX250SF yesterday! Stay tuned for that thread. I'll make it when I have more time. Can't stop riding the thing!

But back on topic. Get the Yamaha. It looks like it is in better condition.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 18th, 2012, 08:18 AM   #3
dirty nasty
ninjette.org sage

Name: Karl

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Kwak Ninja 250 and 1998 Yamaha YZ400F

2006 YZ250F? Make sure he had the recall work for the valves done. They were defective on those years and failed in a spectacular way.

I'd avoid a 4-stroke bike altogether if you're going for a MX machine. Get a 2-stroke. They're cheaper to buy, own, maintain. Easier to repair too. They're also lighter and will teach you how to really ride instead of lazily using the tractor engine of a 4-stroke. Also, did I mention 4-strokes are expensive? Unless if someone is paying you to ride the bike it's going to be ungodly expensive to keep a 4-stroke MX machine going. The maintenance regimen is just as bad as a 2-stroke and everything costs 2-4 times as much. Especially on the 250cc machines. The 450cc machines aren't too terrible as they aren't having the necks wrung off of them because they actually produce power. When I had my 250F I was always wringing the piss out of it. Oil changes, air filter cleanings, valve adjustments, top end rebuilds and clutches all went out at alarming rates.

You also do realize the YZF and the KX are in two completely different classes, right? The YZF is a tame little boy's bike. The KX is stepping up to the chest hair category.

Actually, if you're looking to go riding with a family, why are you looking at MX bikes? They'd be terrible for that purpose. Look at Honda XR's. MX bikes are made for and are good at one thing only. Getting around a MX track as fast as you can. They suck for trail riding or putting around with the family. The ride will be harsh and controlling the power is obnoxious and requires a lot of concentration which could be better spent enjoying the ride. I'd spring for an XR400 if I were you. Just add gas and oil and it will bring you anywhere with a smooth ride and with its bulletproof tractor-like torquey engine. Don't discount trail bikes thinking they're slow. I was lapping a group of kid's all riding newer 250F's when I was on a 1990 XR200 some years ago.

As for those two, I'd ride the YZ250F. Just going off of the pictures the KX looks like it was neglected junk. At least around here, having plates like that means you're really not a racer (top experts get black numbers with white backgrounds and that isn't a top expert's bike from the looks of it), so I'm guessing the kid was a boy racer type wannabe. The poorly placed Monster decals also indicate further evidence of an idiot owner. That rear tire also looks used up. Rear tires are so very important on larger machines like that. If the owner couldn't be bothered to keep fresh tires on there to maintain traction, he probably wasn't bothered to do any other maintenance. The owner of that machine probably looked like this.

I've just seen this kinda scenario happen too often. Most kids that own motorcycles are jokes and hacks whose machines I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole and who I am ashamed to share riding spots with.

The YZF looks like it was taken care of. Excellent graphic placement, clean all over, fresh tires. Also, around here those would be novice plates. Meaning the guy actually did race it, which means he cared for the bike religiously. People always think I'm nuts for buying a bike that was raced? Of course I am going to buy a bike that was raced over "trail ridden" every single time! Know why? The guy that races cannot afford a DNF due to equipment failure. The racer makes sure his machine is in tip top shape to always cross the finish line. The "trail rider" doesn't give a ****. If his bike breaks down he'll call his buddy to come pick him up, where he will throw it in the shed wet and sell it on CL after months of not fixing it. Also, since they are novice plates (around here anyways), chances are the bike hasn't lived a rough life.

Like I said though, this is all judging off of a picture, which I never do when I'm actually buying a bike. I could be completely wrong and that KX could be the deal of a century. Only way to know is to see it in person.
dirty nasty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 18th, 2012, 08:51 AM   #4
Bosgarage57
ninjette.org sage

Name: Luke

Motorcycle(s): 06 Buell Uly, 05 VStar 1100

I know what ya mean, I usually go through abour 3-4 bikes a year, currently have 4 in the stable....need to thin the herd. I picked up a Buell Ulysses on saturday and so far I am loving it it is a TORQUE monster and can do a little off roading.

Keep us posted on if ya trade or not.
Bosgarage57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 18th, 2012, 08:55 AM   #5
backinthesaddleagain

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

^^all good points re the 2T vs 4T and MX bikes for play/trail riding. agreed up here in NESC country experts have white backgrounds with black digits, but not in a lot of other places. in any event good luck with the search.
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 18th, 2012, 11:24 AM   #6
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
A lot of what some other people said. I am always hesitant when looking at used 4stroke dirt bikes. Expect to put money into the engine as they are most likely neglected and it might not be something your average joe can handle themselves. Buy a used 2 stroke way more fun and if you are not racing then they are just as good if not better cuz low and easy maintenance and cheap parts plus you know what you are getting, no real surprises.

just check compression and ask the right questions. Piston and ring kits are cheap, sprocket chain kits are cheap, clutch stuff is also pretty cheap and is all normal wear and tear. Plastic doesn't mean crap, it is a dirt bike, i put mine down almost every time i ride but if you are pushing it hard it is going to happen.

Keep an eye out for lots of aftermarket parts, brand new plastics and graphics, after market parts often mean it was raced, and sure they took care of it when they were racing, but at end of season they are not going to put money into it just to sell it! it is a one time use item to lots of people, race it for a season, they get a new bike, expect to put lots of money into it. Racers Race their bikes, WOT all the time, hitting big doubles and triples, forks and seals don't hold up to that kind of use year through year. New plastics and graphics on an older bike are often purchased and put on just to sell it and hide the original neglect. Look at wear on frame, grips, levers, radiator and shrouds, and engine corners to get idea of use. Any significant marks on the front forks is always a deal breaker for me.

put it up on a stand and wiggle every joint, every seal and any play means bearings will need replaced, but this can be expected on older bikes and is cheap DIY

when i go looking at used 2 strokes, the more stock it is the better i like it cuz you can read the wear like a book and pretty much figure out exactly what it has been through. If it is nice and shinny new cosmetics... they are trying to cover stuff up, but again, look at everything cuz people most likely only replace basic plastic and maybe grips to sell. Opposite of what other poster said, i would take weekend warrior bike over racer any day, you know they probably were not good enough to push it that hard to wreck it hard enough to cause any irreversible damage, just normal wear and tear, bears, nuts, bolts ect...

I picked up a really nice 03 YZ250 last year for $1500, put some new plastic on it, new sprocket chain kit and bam! looks new and is mean as hell!! Unfortunately i crushed my Head pipe this saturday in the woods on a rock when i got a little throttle twitchy threw some bumps and turns :/ But will get that fixed up and put new piston and rings in it this winter and it will be good to go!

I sold my old 2stroke to my uncle for my cousin who races, it was a yz125, 06, he practically crapped his pants and begged me to sell it to him, i bought it $1800 2 years earlier used of some schmuck in baltimore, my uncle gave me $2200 for it cuz it was in such good shape and never raced. Took it, turned it into his boys race bike and turned his boys other 06 125 into his practice bike.

Well i guess if you are doing lots of tight woods riding a 2stroke might not be for you. I don't like riding my yz250 through the woods that much, my recent wreck, case in point. It is just so mean in the powerband that it only takes one tiny little incorrect twitch of the wrist from a unseen rock and you are off like a bat out of hell like it or not. I do lots of old mine riding and it is amazing for that. Hill climbing with it is great too, not to mention the smell and sound of a 2smoker

good luck
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 18th, 2012, 11:30 AM   #7
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
I think you should keep the SM. Haha. I just got a KLX250SF yesterday! Stay tuned for that thread. I'll make it when I have more time. Can't stop riding the thing!

But back on topic. Get the Yamaha. It looks like it is in better condition.
I would be getting BOTH. Not just one. That would be a terrible deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty nasty View Post
2006 YZ250F? Make sure he had the recall work for the valves done. They were defective on those years and failed in a spectacular way.

I'd avoid a 4-stroke bike altogether if you're going for a MX machine. Get a 2-stroke. They're cheaper to buy, own, maintain. Easier to repair too. They're also lighter and will teach you how to really ride instead of lazily using the tractor engine of a 4-stroke. Also, did I mention 4-strokes are expensive? Unless if someone is paying you to ride the bike it's going to be ungodly expensive to keep a 4-stroke MX machine going. The maintenance regimen is just as bad as a 2-stroke and everything costs 2-4 times as much. Especially on the 250cc machines. The 450cc machines aren't too terrible as they aren't having the necks wrung off of them because they actually produce power. When I had my 250F I was always wringing the piss out of it. Oil changes, air filter cleanings, valve adjustments, top end rebuilds and clutches all went out at alarming rates.

You also do realize the YZF and the KX are in two completely different classes, right? The YZF is a tame little boy's bike. The KX is stepping up to the chest hair category.

Actually, if you're looking to go riding with a family, why are you looking at MX bikes? They'd be terrible for that purpose. Look at Honda XR's. MX bikes are made for and are good at one thing only. Getting around a MX track as fast as you can. They suck for trail riding or putting around with the family. The ride will be harsh and controlling the power is obnoxious and requires a lot of concentration which could be better spent enjoying the ride. I'd spring for an XR400 if I were you. Just add gas and oil and it will bring you anywhere with a smooth ride and with its bulletproof tractor-like torquey engine. Don't discount trail bikes thinking they're slow. I was lapping a group of kid's all riding newer 250F's when I was on a 1990 XR200 some years ago.

As for those two, I'd ride the YZ250F. Just going off of the pictures the KX looks like it was neglected junk. At least around here, having plates like that means you're really not a racer (top experts get black numbers with white backgrounds and that isn't a top expert's bike from the looks of it), so I'm guessing the kid was a boy racer type wannabe. The poorly placed Monster decals also indicate further evidence of an idiot owner. That rear tire also looks used up. Rear tires are so very important on larger machines like that. If the owner couldn't be bothered to keep fresh tires on there to maintain traction, he probably wasn't bothered to do any other maintenance. The owner of that machine probably looked like this.

I've just seen this kinda scenario happen too often. Most kids that own motorcycles are jokes and hacks whose machines I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole and who I am ashamed to share riding spots with.

The YZF looks like it was taken care of. Excellent graphic placement, clean all over, fresh tires. Also, around here those would be novice plates. Meaning the guy actually did race it, which means he cared for the bike religiously. People always think I'm nuts for buying a bike that was raced? Of course I am going to buy a bike that was raced over "trail ridden" every single time! Know why? The guy that races cannot afford a DNF due to equipment failure. The racer makes sure his machine is in tip top shape to always cross the finish line. The "trail rider" doesn't give a ****. If his bike breaks down he'll call his buddy to come pick him up, where he will throw it in the shed wet and sell it on CL after months of not fixing it. Also, since they are novice plates (around here anyways), chances are the bike hasn't lived a rough life.

Like I said though, this is all judging off of a picture, which I never do when I'm actually buying a bike. I could be completely wrong and that KX could be the deal of a century. Only way to know is to see it in person.
I actually know the former owner of the YZF and he vouches for it. Hes a good friend and literally just traded it to this guy so I doubt (and was told) it wasnt ridden much. The KX was the dudes sisters and she was scared of it... if the YZF is tamer then Ill probably keep it. I dont need a torque monster honestly. Since I am getting both one will be traded/sold and I will be picking up one of the bikes you suggested, or even something smaller for putting around with my boy when his mom doesnt want to ride. I like fixing up bikes and selling them anyways, so as long as they dont need engine work or frame work ill be good with them. You can get tires for stupid cheap.

also I know the YZF was at one time raced, although it hasnt been in awhile. The dude took really good care of it as well. Its the KX thats the toss up. So we will see.

Ill be bringing my buddy to help me decide, he knows more than I. Ill probably be taking off my new exhaust on the DRZ and reselling that as well to get some money back for gear and such.

Remember everyone I would be trading my bike for BOTH of these. Not one.

Old September 18th, 2012, 11:33 AM   #8
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosgarage57 View Post
I know what ya mean, I usually go through abour 3-4 bikes a year, currently have 4 in the stable....need to thin the herd. I picked up a Buell Ulysses on saturday and so far I am loving it it is a TORQUE monster and can do a little off roading.

For sure. I always dooo

Old September 18th, 2012, 12:21 PM   #9
dirty nasty
ninjette.org sage

For both bikes!? **** yeah man! Do it!

Old September 18th, 2012, 12:44 PM   #10
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
Tuned.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 18th, 2012, 02:46 PM   #11
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosgarage57 View Post

Quote:
For both bikes!? **** yeah man! Do it!
haha my dirt bike knowledge is somewhat lacking hence the asking for advice. I felt like it was a good deal if they are both in good mechanical shape. But I wanted to make sure

gonna doooo it. Unless he doesnt wanna then Ill just tune my bike and wheelie it all over town.

Old September 18th, 2012, 04:05 PM   #12
MXSteve89
ninjette.org member

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): YZ250F (dirtbike) 2008 Ninja 250

I would never buy a used 250F... but with one exception. It's a YZ250F. You see, that's hands down the most durable and reliable 250 four strokes of them all. Bar none.

I'm on my third one, and have never, EVER, done a lick of work to the motors except for changing the piston/rings every year... granted, I've never owned one for more than a couple years, but I had damn near 200 hours on my last one (2005).

I bought my first one in 2004, and put over 100 hours on the hour meter before I sold it. Never did anything to that motor, aside from a White Brothers exhaust.

Then I bought a 2005, and rode the piss outta that thing for a while... that one had almost 200 hours on it when I finally sold that to a friend, and it's still running good to this day. Hell, when I sold it, it was on stock valves that were still in spec.

And this past winter, I got a smokin deal on a BRAND NEW 2007 YZ250F for a third of the price.. had to take that.

Anyways, I know this bike inside and out.. just change the oil every other ride, and clean and oil the air filter every ride. These things hate dirt, def got to keep up on those two things religiously. But I can't say it's ever costed me more money to maintain than a smoker...

Unless you drop a valve or something, then you're looking at a whole new motor $$$$$$$$

And just to show off, here a few pics of said bikes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 189925_4660366654_5647_n.jpg (77.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 13052_172810281654_2960989_n.jpg (96.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg bikes.jpg (95.8 KB, 3 views)
MXSteve89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 18th, 2012, 04:10 PM   #13
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

so youre saying. keep the YZF 250 and sell the KX250 when I get it?

But yeah thats my main concern (valves)

gah, see Ive never had a dirt bike, this maintenance thing seems very extensive. lol

Old September 18th, 2012, 04:48 PM   #14
MXSteve89
ninjette.org member

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): YZ250F (dirtbike) 2008 Ninja 250

Well, ive been racing Mx since I was a kid, so all my bikes are always kept in pristine condition, inside and out. If you're not beating the crap out of it every weekend, you might be able to stretch it a bit more...

But its still made for racing, nonetheless.. if you want no maintenance, get an xr or something and have at it. regardless, you'll have a blast riding!!
MXSteve89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 18th, 2012, 06:27 PM   #15
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXSteve89 View Post
Well, ive been racing Mx since I was a kid, so all my bikes are always kept in pristine condition, inside and out. If you're not beating the crap out of it every weekend, you might be able to stretch it a bit more...

But its still made for racing, nonetheless.. if you want no maintenance, get an xr or something and have at it. regardless, you'll have a blast riding!!
Yeah riding will be mostly trail riding, some track. Mostly trail though. Stoked. My buddy has a YZF 250 as well so Ill prolly be riding with him. Its looking like Ill clean up the KX and flip it.

Old September 18th, 2012, 07:15 PM   #16
backinthesaddleagain

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXSteve89 View Post
I would never buy a used 250F... but with one exception. It's a YZ250F. You see, that's hands down the most durable and reliable 250 four strokes of them all. Bar none.

I'm on my third one, and have never, EVER, done a lick of work to the motors except for changing the piston/rings every year... granted, I've never owned one for more than a couple years, but I had damn near 200 hours on my last one (2005).

I bought my first one in 2004, and put over 100 hours on the hour meter before I sold it. Never did anything to that motor, aside from a White Brothers exhaust.

Then I bought a 2005, and rode the piss outta that thing for a while... that one had almost 200 hours on it when I finally sold that to a friend, and it's still running good to this day. Hell, when I sold it, it was on stock valves that were still in spec.

And this past winter, I got a smokin deal on a BRAND NEW 2007 YZ250F for a third of the price.. had to take that.

Anyways, I know this bike inside and out.. just change the oil every other ride, and clean and oil the air filter every ride. These things hate dirt, def got to keep up on those two things religiously. But I can't say it's ever costed me more money to maintain than a smoker...

Unless you drop a valve or something, then you're looking at a whole new motor $$$$$$$$

And just to show off, here a few pics of said bikes.
Good point on the Yam. Local dealer actually stocked KX250F engines due to it being quicker than trying to rebuild them in race season.
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 18th, 2012, 07:40 PM   #17
dirty nasty
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
Yeah riding will be mostly trail riding, some track. Mostly trail though. Stoked. My buddy has a YZF 250 as well so Ill prolly be riding with him. Its looking like Ill clean up the KX and flip it.
Flip them both for a better trail rig. The KX 250 would make the better trail rig anyways. The YZ250F is going to lack low end torque and the MX suspension is going to be a jarring ride for trail use. My 250F liked to be ridden fast and in the high RPMs, which was great for fire roads, not so much for the tight single track or rocky hill climbs. My suspension settings which I used on the track were grossly over sprung for whatever trail riding I did. This put a beating on my body and makes you really tired on the trails. At low speeds the MX oriented 4 strokes love to overheat and puke coolant. I'm not saying it's impossible to use a 250F MX bike for trail use, I have done it on bikes of all types and sizes and managed just fine. However, I primarily rode on MX tracks, so my bikes were always oriented towards the track. If I were going to be doing a lot of trail riding I would pick a tool better suited toward the job. One with low-end toque, easy to use clutch, doesn't overheat, sprung for trail use, doesn't have radiators to break when you dump it, cheaper to own and operate, etc.

The KX250 would at least have more torque and better maintenance intervals than the 250F. To make it more trail friendly you can re-do the suspension which will have the biggest impact, flywheel weight, exhaust, porting, jetting, 18" rear wheel if you'd like, radiator bracing, other various guards for rock/tree impacts.

An XR/CRF, DRZ/RMX, WR/WRF, KDX/KLX, or XC would make a better trail bike than either of those. If you plan on doing some track riding I'd pay serious attention to the KTM XC series.

I think what I'd do is sell the KX for a trail machine and keep the YZ250F for the track. I hate not using the right tool for the right job. Compromises suck.

Old September 18th, 2012, 08:04 PM   #18
Jono

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Tuned.
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...302#post569302
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 18th, 2012, 09:56 PM   #19
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
Flip them both for a better trail rig. The KX 250 would make the better trail rig anyways. The YZ250F is going to lack low end torque and the MX suspension is going to be a jarring ride for trail use. My 250F liked to be ridden fast and in the high RPMs, which was great for fire roads, not so much for the tight single track or rocky hill climbs. My suspension settings which I used on the track were grossly over sprung for whatever trail riding I did. This put a beating on my body and makes you really tired on the trails. At low speeds the MX oriented 4 strokes love to overheat and puke coolant. I'm not saying it's impossible to use a 250F MX bike for trail use, I have done it on bikes of all types and sizes and managed just fine. However, I primarily rode on MX tracks, so my bikes were always oriented towards the track. If I were going to be doing a lot of trail riding I would pick a tool better suited toward the job. One with low-end toque, easy to use clutch, doesn't overheat, sprung for trail use, doesn't have radiators to break when you dump it, cheaper to own and operate, etc.

The KX250 would at least have more torque and better maintenance intervals than the 250F. To make it more trail friendly you can re-do the suspension which will have the biggest impact, flywheel weight, exhaust, porting, jetting, 18" rear wheel if you'd like, radiator bracing, other various guards for rock/tree impacts.

An XR/CRF, DRZ/RMX, WR/WRF, KDX/KLX, or XC would make a better trail bike than either of those. If you plan on doing some track riding I'd pay serious attention to the KTM XC series.

I think what I'd do is sell the KX for a trail machine and keep the YZ250F for the track. I hate not using the right tool for the right job. Compromises suck.
hmm ill have to talk to my buddy cause I know has a suzuki 250 it might be an RM? idk. What I was planning on doing was actually fliping one for a CRF150 if possible. That would be the ideal flip. I want one to ride around on "trails" with my son, and one to RIP and around on "trails" with my buddies. I think the YZF would be ok with how and where they ride the trails.... idk though. But yeah my buddy who rides also said they would probably both start to overheat if I ride with my son on his 50. He also said they dont like to go slow... but neither do I haha

Its a KX25f as well. Im not sure if that matters?

Old September 19th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #20
dirty nasty
ninjette.org sage

Wow I can't believe I didn't notice the Kawi was a 4-stroke. I'm blind.

That puts it in the same class as the YZ250F. Ehhhh that deal just got a lot less sweet if it were I in your shoes. Sounds like you've made up your mind though.

Old September 19th, 2012, 03:56 PM   #21
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

haha I figure they are both worth around 2k. meaning a trade of value worth around 4k. Ill have gotten my bike for around 3000 and put about 400 in if hes not getting the exhaust. So still I will be coming out ahead it seems.the YZF I was told should be worth closer to 2500 as well

Old September 19th, 2012, 06:12 PM   #22
dirty nasty
ninjette.org sage

Wait until early spring. They'll sell for a lot more and faster.

Old September 20th, 2012, 01:52 PM   #23
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
Wait until early spring. They'll sell for a lot more and faster.
I was told to try either between thanksgiving and Christmas (Christmas gift) or yeah just wait until spring/summer. (when it gets warm again.)