ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old March 22nd, 2010, 02:22 PM   #1
Greg_E
ninjette.org sage

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 90 Suzuki gsx600f Katana, 03 Buell XB9R

Cheap Chinese bluetooth intercoms?

Anyone have one of the cheap Chinese bluetooth intercoms? Ebay and Amazon have a few that are about 1/3 the price of the other stuff, just wondering if anyone has first hand experience with them. I so want a Blue Ant F4 interphone, but I do not want to drop the cash right now.
Greg_E is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 22nd, 2010, 05:11 PM   #2
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Do you have a link to the site?
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 22nd, 2010, 05:23 PM   #3
Greg_E
ninjette.org sage

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=250589713634

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...DIDA5&v=glance

They do look a little bulky mounted on a helmet.

Old March 22nd, 2010, 05:51 PM   #4
addy126

Name: addy126

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki N-250 + '09 Vulcan 900 Classic Lt

I was at the Post Office today, great day to ride! Anyway the clerk asked me about my Cardo Scala Multiset. Told him I wouldn't use any other with all the features. Its a little pricey but you get what you pay for. He said he uses the "Bluetooth" that you have noted here on this thread. He and his wife use it but have now given up on it. Found that it was hard to connect, difficult to use and the most frustrating sound. Said he has just left it on the shelf as it just isn't working well.
Told him to "ebay" the Cardo you can get decent prices lowest I've seen is 144.00 for one single unit which can be paired to the Multisets. He's definately interested in Cardo and very disappointed with "Bluetooth"... be careful.
addy126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 22nd, 2010, 07:11 PM   #5
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

I have the Parrot SK4000. It has flat speakers but at least they fit the 50mm leatherette earcups I found on eBay. My GMAX helmet's speaker pockets meant that flat speakers were too far away from my ears. The earcups make a WORLD of difference.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 22nd, 2010, 07:40 PM   #6
Greg_E
ninjette.org sage

Just saw a link to this in the general forum:
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...hone-intercom/

Something about the Cardo bothers me.

Old March 26th, 2010, 11:56 AM   #7
deezyellownutz
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Zx10R 2009 250R

Hey, why's its have to be "CHINESE"? Alone the word is fine but combined with the word "CHEAP" creates a very hostile combination. - Being from Asian descent I resent that guy.

Old March 26th, 2010, 12:10 PM   #8
camaroz1985

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 WR250R, 2006 Ural Raven (Sold), 2009 Versys Green (Sold), 2008 Ninja 250R Green (Sold)

I got a great deal on a Scala Q2 Multiset. $160 for the pair brand new on craigslist, including shipping.

They work great, though I would like to try the new G4. I ride with two other guys who have Q2s and we can talk to each other, but not all at once. If you have just one G4 you can connect two Q2s to it and have full duplex for the three riders (all able to talk and hear each other simultaneously).

For the difference in price I just don't think its worth the chance. That's my 2 cents anyway.
camaroz1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 26th, 2010, 05:25 PM   #9
cifex
ninjette.org guru

Name: Z

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezyellownutz View Post
Hey, why's its have to be "CHINESE"? Alone the word is fine but combined with the word "CHEAP" creates a very hostile combination. - Being from Asian descent I resent that guy.
The product is 1/3 the price of comparable units (cheap) and is made in China (Chinese). It is also a knock-off of another product. I don't think you'll find sympathy....
cifex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 27th, 2010, 10:55 AM   #10
Greg_E
ninjette.org sage

No offense was intended, if I were to find Cheap USA products I would certainly label them as such. If you are really that upset, ask the admin to edit my post and remove the Chinese from it. And if that country would stop cloning everything of value, then maybe the connotation would be different.

My advice would be to get the Mexicans to clone some of this stuff so I could ask about cheap Mexican products (once again no offense meant to any of our southern neighbors). Cheap Canadian products would be a good one too, maybe start an electronics company up there and find a way to keep labor down to where we can call them cheap. The only cheap thing I've gotten from Canada recently was some electronics PCB boards, and then the stupid American FedEx company wrecks the whole deal with $30 in shipping for two postage stamp sized boards. I have purchased Cheap Canadian cars before (Chevy GEO products one of the best $2000 used price cars I've had in a long time).

So back to the intercoms... At $50 each they are a quarter of the going price for similar devices, that makes them cheap in my pocket, but I'm still not convinced enough to shell out for one. When I can't stand the lack of music I'll probably shell out for the BlueAnt F4 which is also probably made in China, and certainly doesn't seem like it is cheap in either price or build quality.

And for the record, I own a large number of high quality Made in China devices, so there is no shortage of skilled workers over in that country.