ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > !%@*#$%!)@#&!%@ I crashed!

Old November 28th, 2012, 10:01 PM   #81
himynameisjoe
ninjette.org sage

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250(Totaled)

Aww this is horrible!! Get better soon Jo!

Old November 29th, 2012, 09:42 AM   #82
Minikin_Jo
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jo

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
In a crash things happen so quickly and it is hard to do the correct things fighting fears and instincts and target locking. It is tough for me to go through the crash section as i understand that most of the situations could easily be me any day of the week :/ Most people don't expect to crash....i guess i do and accept that sooner or later it is gonna happen be it my fault or someone elses. Just hope to come out of it with some new found wisdom and the ability to hope back on the steel horse.

in short, glad to hear you are doing well and hopefully you make a full recovery mind and body and jump back in the saddle, besides after insurance pays up you have a 600 to look forward to right?

best,
joe
It did happen very fast and I could've at least stopped but I just froze up and was really confused. I truly expected to crash when I ran off the shoulder I was so mentally prepared for a crash because it was tall grass/dirt and who knew what debris/holes/etc was hiding for me there, and not thinking at all how to avoid anything it's like I wasn't in my body for a moment or something.

I had a moment of relief when I got to the pavement and I was alright I made it thru the grass but the next instant I was heading for trees and had no idea why but there was no time to react. I could have let go of the throttle or pulled in the clutch or emergency braked but it was a lot like being stunned and not reacting at all.

Forgot to add: no 600 for me. My husband swears if I was on a bigger/stronger bike I would've been worse off. We both agree my next will be a 300 and I will stick with it a year or two. At least.

Old November 29th, 2012, 09:52 AM   #83
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
Ouch. When I first saw the pics I thought the damage wasn't so bad, but after seeing the video I looked back and saw how much of a hit that was. Yeouch. So glad you're okay!
From one tiny to another, take care of yourself -- we don't have much spare to leave laying around the asphalt or roadside forest :P
Yakaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 29th, 2012, 10:52 AM   #84
Fappy
ninjette.org guru

Name: Stephen

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 650R, 2008 Ninja 250R (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minikin_Jo View Post
It did happen very fast and I could've at least stopped but I just froze up and was really confused. I truly expected to crash when I ran off the shoulder I was so mentally prepared for a crash because it was tall grass/dirt and who knew what debris/holes/etc was hiding for me there, and not thinking at all how to avoid anything it's like I wasn't in my body for a moment or something.

I had a moment of relief when I got to the pavement and I was alright I made it thru the grass but the next instant I was heading for trees and had no idea why but there was no time to react. I could have let go of the throttle or pulled in the clutch or emergency braked but it was a lot like being stunned and not reacting at all.

Forgot to add: no 600 for me. My husband swears if I was on a bigger/stronger bike I would've been worse off. We both agree my next will be a 300 and I will stick with it a year or two. At least.

So glad you're ok now. Too bad the bike isn't
I would probably agree with that... and a 300 is definitely going to feel like a big upgrade over the 250 anyway. DO IT!

But I'm trying to figure out how you crashed... If there's any footage of you going off the road I'd like to see it. Probably right about the shock of the situation freezing your control. I've experienced that before. And it all happens in a matter of like 2 seconds.
Fappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 29th, 2012, 12:33 PM   #85
Minikin_Jo
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jo

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300

There isn't any footage. The closest we got is @Old Lemon'S footage I posted.

@B4lt1m0r3 is in front of /lemon and he was signaling Old Lemon to slow down. He saw me go in the woods.

My husband was behind me with our camera but the file became corrupt before we got to that point. Another rider on the zx6r forum said his also became corrupt in that area. Not sure what was going on if it was some type of electronic interference or some paranormal interference that didn't want us to see my accident.

Old November 29th, 2012, 01:02 PM   #86
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

Name: Rahul

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R (RIP), 2011 ZX-6R

I did the same thing with scraping a peg feeler and bringing the bike up..it's scary!
Miles_Prower is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 29th, 2012, 01:04 PM   #87
subxero
dirty boy

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
There isn't any footage. The closest we got is @Old Lemon'S footage I posted.

@B4lt1m0r3 is in front of /lemon and he was signaling Old Lemon to slow down. He saw me go in the woods.

My husband was behind me with our camera but the file became corrupt before we got to that point. Another rider on the zx6r forum said his also became corrupt in that area. Not sure what was going on if it was some type of electronic interference or some paranormal interference that didn't want us to see my accident.
bizarre with file corruption at that point, what do they call those areas of high distorted space..... VORTEX!? i think that is it. lol perhaps there is a vortex there. At least we now have a scientific explanation for the root of the crash. GTG
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 29th, 2012, 03:27 PM   #88
pomartin
ninjette.org member

Name: Martin

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250R (FI)

camera malfunction is caused cuz of electronic interference.. there are few spots in our country too :P
u can fix that. u need steel or aluminium hausing for ur camera... have tried it, and it works
pomartin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 29th, 2012, 04:02 PM   #89
itsa250bro
ninjette.org member

Name: Tommy

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 CP Blue

Wow, glad to hear you are ok - you were really deep in the woods. It was a very bad accident but could have been much worse. I really liked reading that you are going to continue riding - any accident you can walk away from is one that we can ALL learn from - thanks for sharing.
itsa250bro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 29th, 2012, 04:04 PM   #90
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsa250bro View Post
any accident you can walk away from is one that we can ALL learn from - thanks for sharing.
Way to rub it in
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 29th, 2012, 04:15 PM   #91
himynameisjoe
ninjette.org sage

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250(Totaled)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
Way to rub it in
You could kinda hop away from yours...

Old December 1st, 2012, 01:08 PM   #92
robmilchling
ninjette.org guru

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): '09 Triumph Daytona 675

Oh my god, I missed this thread, I'm glad to see you're ok and hope you heal up well, Jo!
robmilchling is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 1st, 2012, 01:23 PM   #93
R1Chronicles
Rambling Madman

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): R1 07

Heal quickly, get back on a bike soon.

Old December 1st, 2012, 04:19 PM   #94
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
it's like I wasn't in my body for a moment or something.
the next instant I was heading for trees and had no idea why
but it was a lot like being stunned and not reacting at all.
Quote:
the file became corrupt before we got to that point. Another rider on the zx6r forum said his also became corrupt in that area. Not sure what was going on if it was some type of electronic interference or some paranormal interference that didn't want us to see my accident.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote