ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > !%@*#$%!)@#&!%@ I crashed!

Old March 20th, 2014, 04:27 PM   #81
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
I mean, I wouldn't take Wikipedia as a source for a court defense, but it's a great place to start in terms of research and sources.

Seeing as your whole argument was based on emotion, judgement, and intuition rather than logic, I'd say that Wikipedia might be a good place for you to start.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2014, 10:17 AM   #82
FrugalNinja250

Name: Frugal

Motorcycle(s): Several

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
I mean, I wouldn't take Wikipedia as a source for a court defense, but it's a great place to start in terms of research and sources.

Seeing as your whole argument was based on emotion, judgement, and intuition rather than logic, I'd say that Wikipedia might be a good place for you to start.
In my experience, people who start off by attacking a cite rather than the argument itself generally already had their mind made up before they attempted to learn any facts. It's the old "I don't need to learn anything new, I already know that what I know is right because what I know backs up what I want to believe" thingie.

What do you want to bet that he doesn't bother researching the subject any further, because he already knows (right or wrong) what he wants to know about it?
FrugalNinja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2014, 10:25 AM   #83
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Lol, I'm out of this one. I was just instigating anyway.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2014, 12:04 PM   #84
Klondike1020
Intrepid Adventurer

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2004 GSXR 750 , 71 cb350streettracker, 07 Polaris Predator 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post

Someone told me to go after her (sue), but I don't think I have it in me to do it. Even if I did have a legitimate case or chance against her, doesn't feel right.

Edit: I just received a great deal on a tack day for this Sunday. $135 for the day with Absolute Racing at NJMP. UNBELIEVABLE!
Your bike might be totaled but your moral compass is intact!

good man! Glad you are ok… Ive had some odd accidents and the aches and pains will go away slowly … some stretching and rest usually help

-in life accidents happen and its nice to see that there other people out there that don't subscribe to the doctrine of "someone makes a mistake take them for everything you can"

since when is an accident an opportunity to capitalize off of others.

with the insurance money you should be able to find a very decent bike… take you time to find an unmolested bike that was well maintained.
Klondike1020 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2014, 12:05 PM   #85
DEFY
ᗧ•••ᗣ•ᗣᗣ•••ᗣ

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R and 2014 Triumph 675R

Right cause I thought the idea of an arguement was to give up and not converse about the subject just hurl our beliefs and then sit back and insult the intellect of others. O on that sense I guess we should all go back to believing that the earth is flat. Guess I forgot that sensable arguments don't exist anymore. You didn't even approach your argument on the basis just sayed "hey look I googled the case, thus I can show I know it".
DEFY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2014, 03:16 PM   #86
FrugalNinja250

Name: Frugal

Motorcycle(s): Several

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFY View Post
You... just sayed "hey look I googled the case, thus I can show I know it".
I knew many of the facts about this case before there was a Google. In fact, before Google's creators even started their college dissertation that eventually led to the creation of Google.

Look, it's plain you haven't read any of the facts of this particular case, and it's clear that you have no intention of learning anything about it, now or in the future, just as you have avoided learning anything about it in the past. You've got your mental soundbite that shores up your belief systems and thought patterns. Honestly, I'd hate having part of my understanding of the world based on false information, but that's just me. Since it's clear to me that your knowledge on this subject, erroneous and incomplete as it is, is more important to you than anything, I don't see the point of attempting to converse with you.

That's a shame, really, but what can one do when faced with willful ignorance?

You're the only one who can choose to learn. Neither I or anyone else can make that choice for you.
FrugalNinja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2014, 04:13 PM   #87
DEFY
ᗧ•••ᗣ•ᗣᗣ•••ᗣ

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R and 2014 Triumph 675R

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalNinja250 View Post
I knew many of the facts about this case before there was a Google. In fact, before Google's creators even started their college dissertation that eventually led to the creation of Google.

Look, it's plain you haven't read any of the facts of this particular case, and it's clear that you have no intention of learning anything about it, now or in the future, just as you have avoided learning anything about it in the past. You've got your mental soundbite that shores up your belief systems and thought patterns. Honestly, I'd hate having part of my understanding of the world based on false information, but that's just me. Since it's clear to me that your knowledge on this subject, erroneous and incomplete as it is, is more important to you than anything, I don't see the point of attempting to converse with you.

That's a shame, really, but what can one do when faced with willful ignorance?

You're the only one who can choose to learn. Neither I or anyone else can make that choice for you.
Thus far you have only shown your own side of the ignorance. To state you have yet to even attempt to make your argument on the case itself other then stating that your opinion is opposite of mine and that you side with the findings of the case. All your posts have been saying is the idea that you judge the thoughts of people, opposite of your own, without even trying to explain how your own opinion is yours. I have stated in mine if you wish to explain me why I should change mine I am all ears but sitting there typing line after line of nothing but how I must have no clue of the subject nor the ambition to listen without even explaining your view is your lack of intellect.
DEFY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2014, 04:47 PM   #88
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

With each successive post, you're pretty much making his point for him.

Spoke to my lawyer yesterday. Many of these settle before trial, but with the facts of the case on our side, and the large amount of damages the bicyclist is claiming, he will advise and expects the insurance company to take it all the way to trial. That might be as much as a year off from now, so stay tuned.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2014, 05:05 PM   #89
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

Name: Jaymie

Motorcycle(s): 1974 Honda CB550K0 W.I.P.

At least you weren't driving a fully loaded tour bus, and at least the cyclist didn't die.

Old March 21st, 2014, 06:05 PM   #90
headshrink

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post

Spoke to my lawyer yesterday. Many of these settle before trial, but with the facts of the case on our side, and the large amount of damages the bicyclist is claiming, he will advise and expects the insurance company to take it all the way to trial. That might be as much as a year off from now, so stay tuned.
Glad to hear your lawyer is confident in your position, and I'm sorry you where put in a position where you had to hire him. I hope in the end you're not the one paying his bill.

Obviously I wasn't there, nor am I an attorney, thus my opinion is an unqualified one, but I wonder if this guy:
a) hired a shister
b) is a shister
c) has no legit way of paying legit medical bills, and is grasping for a solution
d) a&b
e) A&C
f ) B&C
G) A,B&C
G) somehow actually THINKS he wasn't at fault
H) any other combination thereof, or
I) none of the above
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 21st, 2014, 06:07 PM   #91
headshrink

I was afraid this was going to be about some ambulance chaser who was trying to sue everyone on the bus. It's a shame that would be my first thought. What happened to us America?

Old March 21st, 2014, 06:18 PM   #92
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by headshrink View Post
Obviously I wasn't there, nor am I an attorney, thus my opinion is an unqualified one, but I wonder if this guy:
a) hired a shister
b) is a shister
c) has no legit way of paying legit medical bills, and is grasping for a solution
d) a&b
e) A&C
f ) B&C
G) A,B&C
G) somehow actually THINKS he wasn't at fault
H) any other combination thereof, or
I) none of the above
I'm sure (c) is a primary cause, the rest is up for speculation.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old March 21st, 2014, 08:10 PM   #93
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
Quote:

Hey get me his address and I'll go crash one of his bicycle rides on my Bicycle and give him a little tough love into a ditch
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old March 21st, 2014, 09:24 PM   #94
headshrink

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojoracing53 View Post
Hey get me his address and I'll go crash one of his bicycle rides on my Bicycle and give him a little tough love into a ditch
That is a good idea. Then you can sue him for it.

Old March 24th, 2014, 02:40 AM   #95
CaptainPlatypus
ninjette.org member

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): '86 Honda VFR700

Yowch, sorry to hear about that. Glad you're okay and got good money from insurance out of it. Sympathies for the loss. :/ Dumb people do dumb things, whether they're on pedal bikes, motorbikes, cars, trucks, boats, foot, skateboards, roller skates, parade floats....I try not to blame any of the categories for the small, visible percentage of dumbasses they all share...but I'm always a little bit suspicious of those ****ers on parade floats.
CaptainPlatypus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 27th, 2014, 06:22 PM   #96
b.miller123
ninjette.org member

Name: Brett

Motorcycle(s): 1998 Ninja 250 2007 Yamaha R6 2003 Honda RC51... sold :(

Quote:

I've had two similar things happen to people I know. One was a friend who hit a lady who backed into the road without her lights on at night. His insurance settled with the lady for something like $10k, without even contacting him or the police. He didn't know anything until the insurance company dropped him after the settlement. Worst part was that even though it wasn't his fault, it screwed up his insurance rates for a while.

The other was a outdoor youth group thing I was involved with in highschool. They have a christmas tree lot setup every year as their fundraiser. A lady tried driving onto the lot to steal a tree on christmas eve night at about 11pm when the lot was obviously closed. She hit the chain that was across the entrance and effed her car all up. We had the entire thing on video surviellance and it was obvious what she was doing, and that the place was closed (all lights off, nobody in the parking lot etc). Since the group was kind of a subgroup of the boy scouts of america, she sued them. They didn't contact the guy that ran our group or read the police reports, and just settled with her for something crazy like $60k.

Since he is suing you directly, it may work out to be different, but don't be surprised if your insurance company decides to just settle. If your policy is set up to cover people suing you, then the insurance company makes the call on what to do. Often it is just cheaper for them to settle than it is to pay lawyers to fight it.
b.miller123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 27th, 2014, 08:48 PM   #97
Alex
ninjette.org dude

That's the way it works; you can't sue the insurance company; you see the individual. The insurance policy (liability insurance) that the individual carries is the coverage you need to pay for any judgments against you. The plaintiff doesn't have a case against my insurance company; they have a case against me. It's in my insurance company's best interests to defend me in that suit, to minimize the payout on that policy. Yes, they might decide to settle if it is deemed to be cheaper, and in general as long as I am using them to defend me, they can settle at anything up to the max policy limits with or without my agreement. I can certainly hire a lawyer on my own to defend me if I chose, but there's no reason to believe I could hire a more successful one individually than one whose job it is day in day out to limit the insurance company's own exposure.