ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old July 24th, 2010, 06:23 AM   #1
Techno250
bikeless n00b

Name: Woody

Motorcycle(s): None yet. My dream machine is a BLUE 250R.

Exclamation URBAN MYTH: Georgia State Patrol planning 'speeding frenzy' crackdown beginning Aug 1

Just thought I'd put this out there for Georgia folks who may be seeing this hitting their inboxes this week. I got it today in mine. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution says it's an old hoax (many of you may have already seen similar), but it has just resurfaced for Georgia.

Another urban myth: Georgia State Patrol planning 'speeding frenzy' crackdown

Even though it's a hoax, ride safe anyway!

Old July 24th, 2010, 06:38 AM   #2
fusion
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): None yet

It's great but I am from Texas.
fusion is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 24th, 2010, 08:34 AM   #3
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
I'm going to drive over to Texas to avoid Georgia when driving north. Thanks for the heads up.

Old July 24th, 2010, 07:49 PM   #4
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Hey, Woody. It's been a long time since I saw you outside Radio Shack/Golden Corral (November 5th, IIRC)! You get your bike yet?
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2010, 08:00 PM   #5
Techno250
bikeless n00b

Name: Woody

Motorcycle(s): None yet. My dream machine is a BLUE 250R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Hey, Woody. It's been a long time since I saw you outside Radio Shack/Golden Corral (November 5th, IIRC)! You get your bike yet?
not yet

Went to Cycle City here in Newnan a week ago and was surprised to see a red 250 and a green SE on the floor. Sales guys were pretty oblivious that I was even there. At least the parts guy said hi. I just get a weird vibe about that place.

But dude, you remember the date? I can't even remember what time of year it was! But good to hear from ya!

Old July 26th, 2010, 01:16 AM   #6
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno250 View Post
not yet

Went to Cycle City here in Newnan a week ago and was surprised to see a red 250 and a green SE on the floor. Sales guys were pretty oblivious that I was even there. At least the parts guy said hi. I just get a weird vibe about that place.

But dude, you remember the date? I can't even remember what time of year it was! But good to hear from ya!
Yeah because, IIRC, it was the day after the election and I had just seen "Yes we did!" shirts on people in Golden Corral. I was marveling at how quickly those shirts showed up just before bumping into you and hearing that you were involved in the election locally.

As for Cycle City... yeah. I wish I had picked up on those vibes before they made me waste half a year. I was paying my share of the rent here in SD for almost 6 months before I was finally able to get my bike and make the trip. What a waste!
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2010, 05:27 AM   #7
bdavison
Wartown, USA

Name: Bryan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, 2007 Ninja 650R, and assorted other bikes

That being said....there are a couple of things in Georgia that ARE true, and can cause you to get a ticket.

1. We now have a superspeeder law in Georgia. The new law titled HB160 tacks-on another $200 state-fee for anyone going over 85mph ANYWHERE in Georgia, or 75mph or higher on any two-lane road. This is in ADDITION to any fines in effect in the jurisdiction where the speeding offense occurs. It also counts as a misdemeanor, which will go on your criminal record. And if you try to run, its another $200 bucks. It went into effect on Jan 1st 2010

2. Texting while driving is now illegal in Georgia. Its a $150 fine and 1 point , and it went into effect on July 1st. According to the law it includes:using a wireless telecommunications device to write, send, or read any text based communication, including but not limited to a text message, instant message, electronic mail, or Internet data. Also, if you are under 18, you are banned entirely from using a cellphone in a vehicle...Fine is $150 for it also...if you get in a wreck while doing it...it jumps to $300
bdavison is offline   Reply With Quote