ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old July 16th, 2010, 05:43 AM   #1
backinthesaddleagain
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

Aerosmith's Perry injured in motorcycle accident

MIDDLEBOROUGH, Mass. — Authorities say Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry was rear-ended by a car when he was riding a motorcycle, and he has been treated for minor injuries at a Massachusetts hospital.

Middleborough police say Perry was on his 2009 Ducati Monster 696 early Thursday afternoon when he was struck from behind by a car driven by 62-year-old Linda O'Brien. Both vehicles were traveling at a low speed.

The 59-year-old Perry, who lives in nearby Duxbury, was taken to a hospital and released a couple of hours later. A hospital spokeswoman did not release the nature of his injuries.

O'Brien, who was not injured, was cited for following too closely.

The accident is not expected to affect any of Aerosmith's scheduled concert dates
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 16th, 2010, 05:54 AM   #2
revstriker
ninjette.org sage

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja zx6r

Wow. Sounds like he'll be alright. That's good.

On a side note, I never would have guessed that he was on a Monster.
revstriker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 16th, 2010, 05:58 AM   #3
backinthesaddleagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by revstriker View Post
Wow. Sounds like he'll be alright. That's good.

On a side note, I never would have guessed that he was on a Monster.
When I heard it on local TV I immediately thought Desmosedici.

Old July 16th, 2010, 06:03 AM   #4
revstriker
ninjette.org sage

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja zx6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by backinthesaddleagain View Post
When I heard it on local TV I immediately thought Desmosedici.
I would have gone in a different direction with my thinking. I can picture him on some very expensive custom chopper. Maybe something built by Orange County Choppers or some similar company.
revstriker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 16th, 2010, 07:42 AM   #5
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
I would have gone in a different direction with my thinking. I can picture him on some very expensive custom chopper. Maybe something built by Orange County Choppers or some similar company.
Nah, that's Tyler. These guys have been into hot bikes and cars right from the start. I raced Perry in his Porsche, while I was on a Sporster, on the Mass Pike way back in the 70s. We went from the Boston toll to Watertown ending up at Rich's Car Tunes. This was back before the band was huge.

I would say they have a collection of anything they want. I remember when Joey Kramer's Ferarri caught fire and burned while he was getting gas.

Must be nice to to have ANYTHING YOU WANT!

Old July 16th, 2010, 08:44 AM   #6
backinthesaddleagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
Nah, that's Tyler. These guys have been into hot bikes and cars right from the start. I raced Perry in his Porsche, while I was on a Sporster, on the Mass Pike way back in the 70s. We went from the Boston toll to Watertown ending up at Rich's Car Tunes. This was back before the band was huge.

I would say they have a collection of anything they want. I remember when Joey Kramer's Ferarri caught fire and burned while he was getting gas.

And into hot girls.

Yeah I remember that story on the car fire, the local news didn't. Hope fully soon Joe is "Back in the Saddle Again."

Old July 28th, 2010, 12:24 AM   #7
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Umm, how about their frontman's own Dirico Motorcycles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post

Don't be coy!
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote