ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old May 14th, 2009, 07:39 PM   #1
00v_Lucky
ninjette.org sage

Name: Howard

Motorcycle(s): '09 Candy Thunder Blue Ninja 250R

Angry School + Finals = Rage

Wsup my ninjette community! I have not really looked on the main section in a while due to school. I was a little too ambitious my first year in college and took 2 upper division courses and 3 honors classes, now im paying the price.

I was just curious to see if other people on here are in school and really wish finals were non existent!~

I am curious to see what people are studying... ( Do not be mistaken, this is now the "What are you GOING to do to support your habit" thread )

I'll start, I go to Cal State Long Beach, Poly Sci Major and thinking about a minor in Criminal Justice. 1st year, and my GPA is going to be 3 - to 3.5 by the end of my semester. I see myself in working for my masters in 5 years and I am a temporary worker for edible arrangements dippin' strawberries

Gogogo!

School:
Major:
Minor:
(1st/2nd/3rd/4th) year
GPA: (if you are willing to share!)

What you vision yourself in 5 years:

interesting part time jobs?

Oh and I have not forgotten about the decal designs, it is just that I thought I would have had some time after mid terms but oh how quickly the finals come.... with papers due in between. I did not get into the summer classes I wanted to therefore, my time will be fully devoted to my blue Coralys and my Ninjette community! ill check up back with ya'll in a week after finals are over with. Oh, one more thing, there are A LOT of new posters I see up in here. Hopefully, soon we can get to the point where we bag on 1k-ers
00v_Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 14th, 2009, 10:19 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00v_Lucky View Post
Hopefully, soon we can get to the point where we bag on 1k-ers
You mean postwhores like me and kkim?

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 14th, 2009, 10:25 PM   #3
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
You mean postwhores like me and kkim?
oh come now, Alex... we can't be the only 2 that he offended with that statement.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 14th, 2009, 10:28 PM   #4
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

You're right; the count is climbing...

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 14th, 2009, 10:30 PM   #5
kkim

yep... postwhores, UNITE!!
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 15th, 2009, 12:14 AM   #6
NJD022588
============

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

School: Virginia Tech
Major: Computer Engineering
1st/2nd/3rd/4th year: Just finished my third, graduating in one year!
GPA: 3.5

What you vision yourself in 5 years: I have no idea. I have to start my job hunt this fall. Hopefully I get a job, and hopefully it's one that I like. As of now, I like hardware design of digital circuits. We'll see if I can find a company where I'll be able to do something along those lines...

Interesting part time jobs: Last summer I worked for BAE Systems as an intern. At the location I worked at, they make electronics for space (satellites, Mars rovers, bunch of NASA stuff...). I'm working there again this summer and starting work on Monday. Not much can beat over $20/hr. while still in college!

Finals were not bad this year. Well, actually I lie.. finals are always bad but just not as bad this year.
NJD022588 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 15th, 2009, 01:26 AM   #7
Lurkable
250Arrrgh!

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250R, 2001 996

Yeah tell me about it...I live 10 miles from Sears Point but I won't be there this weekend, I'll just be studying for finals.

Anyway I'm transferring to SF State in the fall to continue studying Japanese, which is my major...two more years to go! After that not really sure, but if I decide I'm done with school at that point I will probably leave the country for a few years. (Take a wild guess where I'm heading first). I was going to minor in business, but I'm considering making it a double major...all depends on how hard I'm willing to discipline myself.
Lurkable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 15th, 2009, 09:36 AM   #8
ScraitT
Green!

Name: Tyler

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250R, 04 Honda CRF230F, 94 Honda XR80R

Techniqually I'm not in school anymore, but it was only 6 months ago or so that I finished...

School: Florida International University
Major: Architecture
1st/2nd/3rd/4th year: DONE!
GPA: I ended around a 3.4

What you vision yourself in 5 years:
I have NO clue at the moment. For now I am working at World Waste Services as an Account Executive. My cousin owns the company and wanted me to work there and get a feel for thing, possibly even run a branch of the company in the future, but who knows. It's not in my field of study, but it does pay extremely well, so we shall see.

Old May 15th, 2009, 09:39 AM   #9
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Postwhore here and proud of it!!!!
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 15th, 2009, 09:50 AM   #10
Realirony
That New Kid

Name: Matthew

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja250R

School: East Carolina University
Major: Biological Human Sciences and Genetics
1st/2nd/3rd/4th year: About to start my 3rd year
GPA: 3.0

What you vision yourself in 5 years:In 5 years I see myself in the last stretch of grad school(probably going more towards Physician Assistant or like job, they work 3 or so days a week, 10 hour+ shifts at 65-70 $/hour) Hopefully settled into a new home by then as well.

Interesting part time jobs: I've worked at alot of Retailers(Target, Old Navy, etc), Movie Theatres(I caught 2 half-naked high schoolers makin it on the floor in the front row while cleaning a theatre once...), interned at an oncology research organization once, and while living in Colombia, SA I had a job helping in the apartment I was living in.

I have had a rollercoaster ride of a college career. freshman year was amazing, sophmore year I attended a different college (NCSU) to be closer to home during a family crisis, then back to ECU. I know one thing though, the cashier's office and office of financial aid is screwed up beyond repair. To work with numbers and math all day, they have NO idea what they are doing XD