ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Notices

Old October 14th, 2017, 09:13 PM   #41
JacRyann
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jean Philippe

Motorcycle(s): CB125T, Ninja 250R street-bike, Ninja 250R race-bike, Interceptor VF500F, CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
That's either a 250 or 350
Nope, it's a 3-cyl 750 2-stroke. 250 per cylinder qualifies for ninjette status?
JacRyann is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 14th, 2017, 09:16 PM   #42
Ram Jet
ninjette.org sage

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
That's either a 250 or 350, and appears to be built for its look, rather than performance. Things like Emgo pod filters, tires chosen for their vintage appearance, and low-end expansion chambers give it away. I like the one I had the opportunity to do the exhaust system for a lot better. It's an S3 with a highly modified H1 engine and a lot of real performance mods. Admittedly the airbox wasn't back on yet, and I've probably posted it before, but:
Have you ever read "Two Stroke Tuners Handbook" by Gordon Jennings? He does a mind-blowing dissertation on expansion chamber design. I fool around with model airplane engines and they sell after market chambers for these little engines. I just smile and shake my head. Ain't no way they put any of Jennings theory to work. I'm sure they just make them to look cool. By the way after Gordon's fist ride on an H1 he said "He had to beat-down the goose bumps with a hammer"

That gas tank on the Jac Ryan photo looks a-lot like a 73' 500 tank.

Bill

Old October 14th, 2017, 09:21 PM   #43
Ram Jet
ninjette.org sage

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacRyann View Post
Nope, it's a 3-cyl 750 2-stroke. 250 per cylinder qualifies for ninjette status?
I note the owner has a solid functioning brain. No 5 1/2" rear tire. I used to run 4.10's front and back on my 500. He needs Uni air filters. Nice bike and a-lot of work.

Bill

Old October 14th, 2017, 09:30 PM   #44
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Aug '17, Aug '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacRyann View Post
I've owned an H2 since 1978, and trust me, that's not a 750 and it's not a 500. They have nine horizontal fins on their cylinders. The 250s, 350s, and 400s have seven fins on their cylinders, although the bottom one is hidden in your photo. A 400 has very square looking heads. The photo below is of me on my H2 a couple years ago. You can count fins if you like.

Ramjet, yes, the Jennings and Bell books are old staples of tuning.

Correction: I don't have any S1 cylinders here, but I thought they were externally the same as S2 cylinders. They're not, S1 cylinders have six fins, and other photos of that triple, like the one on the right below, on http://notyouraveragebikes.com/ clearly show six fins, so that's definitely a 250 triple. I guess that might qualify it as a Ninjette, but it was rated only 28 hp at the crank, so somewhat less power than our 4-stroke 250s.

At about $7,300 US, I doubt if it will sell very soon: http://notyouraveragebikes.com/our-b...h250caferacer/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jims_h2_killboy_gamma_800.jpg (93.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg not_your_average_bikes_s1_engine.jpg (195.6 KB, 0 views)

Last futzed with by Triple Jim; October 15th, 2017 at 07:11 AM.
Triple Jim is online now   Reply With Quote