ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2013 - 2017 Ninja 300 > 2013 - 2017 Ninja 300 Tech Talk

Old December 7th, 2012, 03:50 PM   #121
old3
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300, KTM EXC610SMR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbryant View Post
OEM Cat is in the new left side collector (Headpipe) - not in the muffler.
Thanks buddy! So you guys will not be offering a header to match up with stock or that spec slip on?
old3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 7th, 2012, 03:56 PM   #122
kbryant
Area P

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Too many to list

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnr4 View Post
Holy baby jesus. Although I would want the QuietCore myself, that 12" pipe sounds like an absolute freaking monster.

Do you have any decibel numbers? I'm specifically wondering how much louder the quiet core pipe is compared to stock, at idle and at around 9-10k.

Well done!
Thank you.

First number is Idle, second number is at 5000 rpm. As standard with all our tests, we use the accepted static dbA testing procedure at 20", 45 degree.

OEM Muffler/System 79 / 89
AP Std System, LQ Muffler 81 / 92
AP Std System, Std Muffler 87 / 102
AP Ultra Hi Mt, Std Muffler 85 / 99
kbryant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 7th, 2012, 03:59 PM   #123
kbryant
Area P

Quote:
Originally Posted by old3 View Post
Thanks buddy! So you guys will not be offering a header to match up with stock or that spec slip on?
No sorry we won't. Full matched systems only.

Old December 7th, 2012, 05:25 PM   #124
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
You know what's so cool about all this? kbryant clearly knows his stuff inside and out, is willing to share openly and is darned good at communicating.

As a guy who makes his living communicating, I really like that.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 7th, 2012, 09:17 PM   #125
gsxrninja250
ninjette.org member

Name: chris

Motorcycle(s): none yet

Quote:
Yep. But we're not going to show that one just yet. Those designs are inherently loud & simply do not make power. But, there is the appeal of that style for some people. We are going to explore it during testing.
I can't wait to see this one, especially if it mounts under the lower peg like a gsxr600 or a r6 I would love to see how that would look on this bike,
gsxrninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 7th, 2012, 09:21 PM   #126
gsxrninja250
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Never can tell.... You'd be without it for awhile. It's a two phase process - it comes in for all the final dyno testing, mapping, prototyping, fitment, final combos, sound bytes, etc. Then it can go away for awhile while we build all the tooling & fixtures based off those final prototypes. Then it has to come back again to check-fit the first production articles and make sure they match the prototypes, perform the same, fit perfectly, write all the final instructional data sheets, pictures, etc. With a "local" bike it can come & go between those two phases. With one shipped in, it has to stay put (from a practical standpoint). That process itself can be very time consuming when approaching it without compromise. And that's the only way we roll to bring you the best possible products.
Can we hear a sound byte soon?

Old December 7th, 2012, 09:24 PM   #127
S1att3r
ninjette.org member

Name: Raygan

Motorcycle(s): White 2013 Ninja 300(Storm), Silver 2003 Fjr1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrninja250 View Post
Check the post with the pictures Alex added the sound bytes there.
S1att3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 7th, 2012, 09:25 PM   #128
Byakkotai
ninjette.org guru

Name: Roger

Motorcycle(s): 2013 White Ninja 300

Quote:
Scroll to the bottom of this?
Byakkotai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 7th, 2012, 09:26 PM   #129
S1att3r
ninjette.org member

Name: Raygan

Motorcycle(s): White 2013 Ninja 300(Storm), Silver 2003 Fjr1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakkotai View Post
Scroll to the bottom of this?
That's it.
S1att3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 7th, 2012, 09:28 PM   #130
gsxrninja250
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1att3r View Post
That's it.
Thanks! I over looked that =D

Old December 7th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #131
gsxrninja250
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusninja View Post
Its a real work of art i only wished it came out this year. :[ Cheers to all the non californias that dont have to deal with the stupid laws :[
Deal with what law? The db law that went into effect? That only portains to bikes maked after jan 1st 2013. So your in the clear! And they have to have reason to stop you and check your exhaust db, they cannot stop you just for that, its a 2ndary offence, (did some homework)

Old December 7th, 2012, 09:47 PM   #132
gsxrninja250
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Is there a new law going into effect or something?
Yes there is, in california any bike made after jan 1st 2013 has to be in compliance with a db law, it sucks, but there's ways around it. And its a 2ndary offence.

Old December 7th, 2012, 10:36 PM   #133
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
@gsxrninja250, based on my question, Alex linked us to the proper thread for the discussion on the CA law so we didn't go OT and gunk up this thread.

PS - there's a multi-quote feature so you don't have to quote people in separate posts and answer the same thing twice.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 7th, 2012, 11:03 PM   #134
Byakkotai
ninjette.org guru

Name: Roger

Motorcycle(s): 2013 White Ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
You know what's so cool about all this? kbryant clearly knows his stuff inside and out, is willing to share openly and is darned good at communicating.

As a guy who makes is living communicating, I really like that.
That cannot be stated enough...love exclusives, I hope we continue to be special to the folks at Area P I hope Eddie has other bikes to ride during this period. Looking forward to the next update and dispelling of rumors!
Byakkotai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 7th, 2012, 11:32 PM   #135
eddieA6987
ninjette.org member

Name: Eddie

Motorcycle(s): 300 white/black

It was a pleasure lending Kerry the bike. Cool dude smart as hell too. Explained the whole process even though I found my self lost a lot just wondering what all those terms meant. Also gave me a ride back to forth to get the bike.
Installed a clean looking fender eliminator because the one I had was home made and very ulgy also cleaned up my wiring which I hacked away at and new turn signals.
eddieA6987 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 8th, 2012, 06:34 AM   #136
Tigerpaw
ninjette.org guru

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 '09 Boulevard C50. '08 250r(TOTALED BY DEER)

Quote:
Yes, they will. If you are interested, send me a PM.
Definitely interested.

PM sent.

Old December 8th, 2012, 09:21 PM   #137
gsxrninja250
ninjette.org member

@kbryant I was wondering, with he ultra high mount exhaust, is there gonna be any way to retain the passenger pegs? Or maybe make a option to keep them? (Incase any of use wanna do two up riding?) Or not likely?

Old December 8th, 2012, 10:47 PM   #138
kbryant
Area P

Quote:
@kbryant I was wondering, with he ultra high mount exhaust, is there gonna be any way to retain the passenger pegs? Or maybe make a option to keep them? (Incase any of use wanna do two up riding?) Or not likely?
We did look at that possibility. "If" someone wanted to retain the passenger peg(s), it would require a spacer block at least 2.0" long and new bolts at least 75mm long. From an engineering standpoint, we would be more than a little sketchy about that. Although we did not actually test it, I would tend to think the initial moment of leverage could really be an issue depending on the force and weight of the person pushing down on the peg. I would just not recommend it without thourghly checking and testing the engineering of it. Perhaps we'll look at it again when we do our first production system check-fit.

Old December 9th, 2012, 12:42 AM   #139
gsxrninja250
ninjette.org member

Quote:
We did look at that possibility. "If" someone wanted to retain the passenger peg(s), it would require a spacer block at least 2.0" long and new bolts at least 75mm long. From an engineering standpoint, we would be more than a little sketchy about that. Although we did not actually test it, I would tend to think the initial moment of leverage could really be an issue depending on the force and weight of the person pushing down on the peg. I would just not recommend it without thourghly checking and testing the engineering of it. Perhaps we'll look at it again when we do our first production system check-fit.
I hope so, that ultra high mounts super sexy, but I think it should be a option to keep the passenger pegs.

Old December 9th, 2012, 10:54 AM   #140
diwhiteii
ninjette.org guru

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2013 Ninja 300

Hi Kerry,

I have been following the forum on the Ninja 300 exhaust and I have some quick questions for you. I am for sure going to want the ultra high mount exhaust and with that being said, on your website you have the picture of a ninja 250 race exhaust
Can this muffler in the picture work with the new ultra high mount?
Or are you coming out with Race full systems for the Ninja 300
Or are the new exhaust in production for the Ninja 300 race systems?
What are the difference between the race and regular full systems?
diwhiteii is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 9th, 2012, 12:47 PM   #141
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
What are the final hp numbers on the ultra high race system with oem intake?

Old December 9th, 2012, 05:22 PM   #142
kbryant
Area P

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwhiteii View Post
Hi Kerry,

I have been following the forum on the Ninja 300 exhaust and I have some quick questions for you. I am for sure going to want the ultra high mount exhaust and with that being said, on your website you have the picture of a ninja 250 race exhaust
Can this muffler in the picture work with the new ultra high mount?
Or are you coming out with Race full systems for the Ninja 300
Or are the new exhaust in production for the Ninja 300 race systems?
What are the difference between the race and regular full systems?
Hi David - The 250r High Mount Race System muffler is the same spec as our 300 system "standard" muffler, for both the standard mount system and ultra high mount. Other than that, they really do not share any common features. The 300 system is very different from the 250r systems.

We are not classifing a difference between "race & regular full systems" on the 300 series. We were able to combine the best of both within these designs. Essentially you will simply differentiate them by standard mount and/or ultra high mount. The standard mount will also have the option of the long quiet core muffler. Performance increases, with the proper mapping, is very similar between all of them. We'll be showing dyno graphs next.

Old December 9th, 2012, 05:25 PM   #143
kbryant
Area P

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
What are the final hp numbers on the ultra high race system with oem intake?
Posting them shortly

Old December 9th, 2012, 06:59 PM   #144
kbryant
Area P

Below are our dyno graphs from our initial R&D tuning sessions. We have created 7 base maps to work with initially and will continue to refine & perfect them, creating an even larger data base. In addition, as previously indicated, our partner in the FI Micro Programmer (Fuelmoto), will be getting one our production systems and creating even more maps under their perfect conditions. These maps will also include airbox delete (K&N Filter Pod). Under Fuelmoto's expert tuning hands, we believe the performance numbers will yield even better numbers.

We hope to have additional information up on our website within the next week, to include pricing, part numbers and additional technical data. We also have additional "bolt-on" performance parts undergoing R&D for the 300 as well.

Run #3 - Baseline stock run OEM exhaust. Run #28 - OEM exhaust with FI Micro Programmer, Snorkel removed, K&N Filter Panel direct replacement.

Run # 3 - Baseline stock run OEM exhaust. Run #80 - Area P Ultra High Mount System, Fi Micro Programmer, Snorkel removed, K&N Filter Panel direct replacement.

Run # 3 - Baseline stock run OEM exhaust. Run #56 - Area P Standard Mount System, Standard Muffler. FI Micro Programmer, Snorkel removed, K&N Filter Panel direct replacement. Run #80 -Area P Ultra High Mount System, Fi Micro Programmer, Snorkel removed, K&N Filter Panel direct replacement.

Run # 3 - Baseline stock run OEM exhaust. Run #56 - Area P Standard Mount System, Standard Muffler. FI Micro Programmer, Snorkel removed. K&N Filter Panel direct replacement. Run #80 -Area P Ultra High Mount System, Fi Micro Programmer, Snorkel removed, K&N Filter Panel direct replacement. Run #90 - Area P Standard System, Long Quiet Muffler, FI Micro Programmer, Snorkel removed, K&N Filter Panel direct replacement. As you can note, all versions of the Area P systems, with proper mapping, have very similiar performance characteristics. Especially noting that the Standard System with Long Quiet Muffler being very quiet as compared, yet offers excellent performance.

Run #3 - Baseline stock run OEM exhaust. Run #28 - OEM exhaust with FI Micro Programmer, Snorkel removed, K&N Filter Panel direct replacement. Run #40 - Slip-On prototype.

This last graph we included only to illustrate the reason why we will not be offering a Slip-On. We can get within .3 hp (yes, 3/10th) as much performance from our FI Micro Programmer (at peak) and the OEM muffler, as with a Slip-On (and our Micro Programmer). We gave it every oppertunity, including many different design versions. And further, without the FI Programmer, we struggled to get a Slip-On to perform as good as stock! A Slip-On is reasonably easy to design & manufacture. So believe me, if a Slip-On offered more performance than what we have noted (and remember that's with our FI Micro Programmer as well), we would be offering one. So just like we found on the 250R, a significant "performance" increase just isn't there with a Slip-On.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old December 9th, 2012, 07:59 PM   #145
diwhiteii
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Hi David - The 250r High Mount Race System muffler is the same spec as our 300 system "standard" muffler, for both the standard mount system and ultra high mount. Other than that, they really do not share any common features. The 300 system is very different from the 250r systems.

We are not classifing a difference between "race & regular full systems" on the 300 series. We were able to combine the best of both within these designs. Essentially you will simply differentiate them by standard mount and/or ultra high mount. The standard mount will also have the option of the long quiet core muffler. Performance increases, with the proper mapping, is very similar between all of them. We'll be showing dyno graphs next.
Hi Kerry,

Thanks for the fast response. I understand now. So just to clarify the muffler in the picture has a flat top at the end of the muffler can I get that same muffler on the ultra high mount system?

Thanks

David

Old December 9th, 2012, 08:33 PM   #146
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

Wow, very nearly 40whp. Thumbs up!!!!!!!
sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 9th, 2012, 08:51 PM   #147
kbryant
Area P

Quote:
Hi Kerry,

Thanks for the fast response. I understand now. So just to clarify the muffler in the picture has a flat top at the end of the muffler can I get that same muffler on the ultra high mount system?

Thanks

David
That's our Flat Conical Billet End Cap and yes it's available as an option.

Old December 9th, 2012, 08:55 PM   #148
gsxrninja250
ninjette.org member

Now I'm curious to know what these are gonna cost!
Do we find out soon?

Old December 9th, 2012, 09:01 PM   #149
diwhiteii
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
That's our Flat Conical Billet End Cap and yes it's available as an option.
Perfect! I am in. I will want to get the pod filters as well. As this is what I have on my custom fuel injection Ninja 250R. Do you think the Power Command V with ignition controls will provide a little more torque if you advance the timing? Otherwise I will do the micro fuel moto?

Old December 9th, 2012, 09:03 PM   #150
kbryant
Area P

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky nrk View Post
Wow, very nearly 40whp. Thumbs up!!!!!!!
Yep. As stated earlier, i think Fuelmoto will get us to 40+ with further refinements to our map data base(s), better air, and possibly the filter pods or other things we will discover through continuous R&D.

Old December 9th, 2012, 09:24 PM   #151
Surferboy120
Finding some curves....

Name: Thomas

Motorcycle(s): 2013 300 Ninja

Quote:
Yep. As stated earlier, i think Fuelmoto will get us to 40+ with further refinements to our map data base(s), better air, and possibly the filter pods or other things we will discover through continuous R&D.
Great information thank you for sharing with us all. Was this AF adjustments only?
Surferboy120 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 9th, 2012, 10:37 PM   #152
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Bet the OP can't wait to get his hands on one...
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 9th, 2012, 10:50 PM   #153
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
...yeah, especially after all that leg humping.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 10th, 2012, 12:07 AM   #154
rusninja
Ninjette wanabe :D

Name: Ruslan

Motorcycle(s): white 300 :D

I wish but with the new law I think police will be revenue happy enough seeing a modded bike. That ultra high is a real looker though. :]

Old December 10th, 2012, 01:45 AM   #155
gsxrninja250
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusninja View Post
I wish but with the new law I think police will be revenue happy enough seeing a modded bike. That ultra high is a real looker though. :]
Unless your bike was made after january first 2013, your motorcycle is exempt from the new db law.

Old December 10th, 2012, 07:46 AM   #156
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

That's not entirely true, as listed here. But let's please leave the CA law discussion in that other thread.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 10th, 2012, 08:43 AM   #157
kbryant
Area P

Quote:
Perfect! I am in. I will want to get the pod filters as well. As this is what I have on my custom fuel injection Ninja 250R. Do you think the Power Command V with ignition controls will provide a little more torque if you advance the timing? Otherwise I will do the micro fuel moto?
As stated in post (90), we really just stick with just A/F mapping. We just don't see huge differences when adjusting timing in most cases, along with the potential consequences noted. When Dynojet adjusted timing on the euro 250I version, they did not note any significant changes. So there is the "assuming" the 300 will be similar in that regard. We've seen excellent increases across the board with A/F mapping. We'll be sticking with that for now.

That being said, when we get the bike and production systems to Fuelmoto for additional map R&D, and to also test the airbox delete mod, they will also be checking timing adjustments on a PCV. It's always possible to see additional improvments with Timing, but it will be surprising if it does.

The FI Micro Programmer is the way to go. It's smaller, user friendly, and costs about $60 or so (street price) less than a PCV. You also get a two year warranty on it.

Old December 10th, 2012, 08:47 AM   #158
kbryant
Area P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surferboy120 View Post
Great information thank you for sharing with us all. Was this AF adjustments only?
Yep. A/F only. Along with numerous adjustments/changes to the exhaust design as we went along with the R&D process .

Old December 10th, 2012, 08:51 AM   #159
phrenetiK
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300

You said before, full system will not be a lot more than the 250 full system correct?
And we are about 8 weeks from any units shipping out?
phrenetiK is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 10th, 2012, 09:06 AM   #160
kbryant
Area P

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrenetiK View Post
You said before, full system will not be a lot more than the 250 full system correct?
And we are about 8 weeks from any units shipping out?
From post #98 - "We estimate the prices on the exhaust will be similar to our 250 race systems. The 300 is much more complex to build, but it should be similar." In addition, we hope to firm all the pricing structures up later this week.

Yes, we estimate about 8 weeks before being ready for shipping.