Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CBR650f

Download msetup right hurrrrrr

"even a proper fitting helmet can 'get loose'" -csmith
rasta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 16th, 2014, 12:32 AM   #82
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Just saw the thread and I'm interested, have you encountered any problems with rain or anything like that and how much did the whole setup run you?

also, fun looking commute, holds true to my belief that it's not a back road if there are still painted lines
Sirref is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 16th, 2014, 07:23 AM   #83
allanoue
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post
Just saw the thread and I'm interested, have you encountered any problems with rain or anything like that and how much did the whole setup run you?

also, fun looking commute, holds true to my belief that it's not a back road if there are still painted lines

It is Gunpower off of Falls by Prettyboy. I would pull the camera in the rain.
$55 for the camera and $20 for the usb port to battery
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 20th, 2014, 07:02 AM   #84
ai4px
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 650r 2009 Vulcan 800 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasta View Post
Is it the one by JooVuu? Post a review when you get it!
I got the joovuu case in yesterday. It's a mixed bag.

The good... the back 1/2 of the case is a metal casting that will be a good heat sink. The relases on the sides are good and solid. It comes with some foam tape to conduct the heat away... it'll rub off after a few times but they send quite a bit extra with it. You've got to remove the camera from the back of the housing to recharge it, so this is going to be an issue.

The housing has a small thin strip on each side that fits into the slits on the side of the camera housing. This keeps the camera from rattling inside and also provides a 1mm gap at the bottom between the camera and the housing just in case there is a leak.

The seal is silicone and is a little tricky to get in the little groove around the joint between the front and back of the case. Once it's in, it's super.

The threaded 1/4-20 insert for mounting is stainless, but the teeny tiny screws that hold the mount on are ferrous.

The buttons on top are much better and more tactile than the buttons on the camera itself. Nearly glove friendly.

The bad... the lens cover has a flat silicone rubber gasket to go between the nose of the housing and the replaceable lens. When assembled per the instructions, it leaked a very small drip of water when submerged in my kitchen sink for 30 minutes. I took it apart and changed to order of the housing-lens-gasket-ring and it still leaked a drop. So I doubled the gasket like this: housing-gasket-lens-gasket-ring and it still got a drop inside. I'm stumped. I won't be taking it in my swimming pool. Part of the problem is the gasket is flat and distorts if you tighten the ring down too much. Way too much and it will actually peel out of the joint its supposed to seal.

They need to redesign the ring so it's conical on the sealing surface and then use an o-ring instead of the flat gasket.

That drop of water that go in? When I went outside and the sun hit my housing, the inside instantly fogged up.

As much as I'd like to support their product, I can't call it water proof. Rainproof sure, not water proof.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old June 16th, 2014, 05:29 PM   #85
antiant
antiant

Name: antiant

Motorcycle(s): None

MOTM - Oct '14
Just an fyi, there is a new camera, which has better low light capability. You can check out the review here:

Link to original page on YouTube.

antiant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 4th, 2015, 01:30 PM   #86
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

Name: Cadd

Motorcycle(s): 300

MOTM - May '15
How are your cams doing? I have a dashcam for my car. Always wanted one for the bike where I can set it and forget it and this seems like the perfect little cam after you hardwire it (from tail light) and set it to loop record.

Old June 4th, 2015, 02:02 PM   #87
allanoue
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadd View Post
How are your cams doing? I have a dashcam for my car. Always wanted one for the bike where I can set it and forget it and this seems like the perfect little cam after you hardwire it (from tail light) and set it to loop record.
mine is not waterproof

Keep calm and ride on -Motofool
Never quit on a rainy day -ally99
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 4th, 2015, 03:16 PM   #88
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
http://www.chucklohr.com/808/ has a lot of info on the various 808 camera versions, for anyone interested in these.

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote