ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Videos

Old July 31st, 2012, 12:43 PM   #401
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Why is your health insurance trying to collect off of her payment when you payed for your treatment basically out of pocket with money from her? Your health insurance did not pay anything and therefore doesn't deserve any money.
Posted via Mobile Device
Oh no, my health insurance paid $78,000 and then I had other bills on top of that that I had to pay out of pocket. They sent me a letter asking what type of incident the injury occured in, accident, tripping, **** like that, I didn't respond.

I talked to my lawyer and they said that in instances like this they always hold half of the payout in case insurance comes to collect it, they don't always collect it. I'd imagine they wouldn't collect if they had no idea of anything that went on but they were able to find out. So I was just strongly hoping they would never find out and I was kinda surprised they did find out, again their only contact at all was the hospital that billed them.
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 1st, 2012, 03:29 PM   #402
Jatan

Name: Jatan

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250/300 (some day)

Just saw the video -- wow that sucks

I didn't read the whole thread, but the only thing I'll say is that when a street curves, you should slow down. Accidents near home happen a lot since people feel comfortable and let their guard down -- I'm sure if this situation happened on a street you didn't ride on everyday then it would've played out differently. I'm not saying its your fault -- the driver should've kept an eye on the mirror while pulling out

If the street was straight and the car pulled out like that then you're probably better off giving it some throttle and swerving to the left (easier to do when the bike is straight), but if the street curves then you're probably better off straightening out the bike and hitting the brakes (hard to swerve to the left when you're leaning to the right a little)

You really don't have much time when it comes down to it so just have to practice a little to develop a natural instinct -- in the MSF safety class they have a braking in a curve exercise where you enter a curve at 10-12mph and pretend theres a car stopped so you straighten out the bike and then press both brakes (you can practice that on your own if theres an empty parking lot near you)

In the healthcare industry everything has a unique code and when hospitals and insurance companies deal with claims, they just send a bunch of codes to each other electronically so when you went to the hospital and they filed a claim, they most likely put in the code for accident as the reason for your visit (something like E813.2 which is "Motor vehicle traffic accident involving collision with other vehicle injuring motorcyclist" http://www.icd9data.com/2012/Volume1...13/default.htm), whatever injuries you had also had unique codes, the treatments/tests/procedures have their own codes, medicines have their own codes so your health insurance company probably knew it was accident related when they got the claim info -- they probably got a copy of your police report (they have a right to access it since they paid out a claim related to the accident, not sure how they access them but they probably have ways of finding reports using your name and address)

Old August 1st, 2012, 05:06 PM   #403
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Good call on the health codes discussion. With the updated ICD10 standard, it is stupifying how specific, and funny, some of the codes are. There are individual codes for:

- walking into a lamppost
- walking into a lamppost (second time).

(I guess if you don't learn your lesson the first time)

- getting burned due to water-skis on fire
- knitting injuries

Makes for fun reading...

one link with some more info

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 1st, 2012, 06:04 PM   #404
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
wow. I didn't even know those codes existed
Posted via Mobile Device
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 1st, 2012, 09:03 PM   #405
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
I have an emergency, what's the code for hamster stuck in bum?
AFM #676

Old August 2nd, 2012, 12:25 AM   #406
ai4px
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 650r 2009 Vulcan 800 2005

I've kinda skimmed this thread... those who say Jiggles reaction time was slow....

A couple of years ago, I walked out of an office building with a 16 year old kid... held the door for him and spoke pleasantries across the parking lot. Turns out I was parked right beside him on my bike. He got in his mom's SUV and started fiddling with the radio. I got on my bike and put on my helmet. I backed out of the parking spot and just as I let off the clutch to roll forward, his reverse lights come on and he guns it in reverse. My first reaction was to think he was going to stop... any second now. As he ran over the front wheel and the bike started to push down, I gave up on that and stepped off of it. The entire time I'm yelling STOP into a closed full face helmet. I jumped over to his window and pounded on it. He then pulled forward and ran the bike over a 2nd time. Because once is never enough. His reasoning? He had played with his radio so long he assumed I was long gone.

Never underestimate the stupidity of a cager. It is a fair assumption that may save your life.

Also, if you aren't mentally prepared, a large part of your reaction time is sucked up falsely believing that they will see you and stop... they won't so just give up and go straight to defense/avoidance. You don't have as much time as you think you do, even though it all appears to happen in slow motion.

On another note, I was called into work tonight about dusk and decided to cage it instead of riding. Got off work about 1am. On the way home saw 3 separate instances of deer crossing in front of me, there mustve been a hell of a shooting b/c two cops missed their turn and did 180s in front of/behind me with lights and sirens. A third cop came along about a mile later and turned in front of me trying to shortcut the other two. Ohh and a drunk black guy walking away from a bar magically appeared in my lane wearing a dark shirt and jeans. Boy am I glad I didn't ride tonight.

Old September 30th, 2012, 07:06 PM   #407
Dragonracer76
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Talking

It's all your fault Jiggles... you should have been wearing some Jordans to get more vert brah..

Old November 3rd, 2012, 11:49 PM   #408
NewbieNinja
ninjette.org member

Name: Yue Pheng

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r, 2009 Suzuki GSX-R750

Mr. Jiggles.. You have inspired me to get some vid cams and up my health insurance.. They should use your vid for the MSF courses.. Very inspirational..
NewbieNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 4th, 2012, 12:41 AM   #409
arnoldc6
ninjette.org member

Name: Arnold

Motorcycle(s): 09 ninja 250r

32k sounds way too less. Time for a better lawyer!

Old November 4th, 2012, 01:41 AM   #410
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Everyone took a piece of my pie D:
AFM #676

Old November 4th, 2012, 02:26 AM   #411
Alienjoe
ninjette.org member

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 1995 CBR600F3 "The Project"

Just read all 11 pages. **** the haters. "God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy"-Billy Currington