ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Videos

Old June 11th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #161
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Watching the video again, I realized that she couldn't have made a U-turn in one move.
She had to have done a three-point turn, completely blocking the street at some point.

I can't understand how some posters can be so mean to Sean.
Even in the case that he did everything wrong, that he is a complete idiot, that he never rode a bike, ........didn't he suffer enough pain, boredom, frustration, loss of income; .........does he still need to hear from us that we are excellent riders?

Who hasn't had target fixation, who hasn't locked a front wheel, who hasn't had a oh sh**t moment?

I have had many of those; only that I have been lucky enough not to get hurt as bad as Sean did this time.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #162
dfox
ninjette.org sage

Name: Fox

Motorcycle(s): 08 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
^ most likely, but again I wouldn't call 28mph speeding
Not excessive speeding. Within norms, yup.

I agree that I'm over cautious. I still stand by 15 to 20 mph on residential streets. I piss off drivers, but it's my neighborhood, I'll drive as slow as I want. Then I take off once I hit the main roads.
dfox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #163
Countersteer
<><><><><><><><><>

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): <2008 250R> Past Bikes:06 GSXR600 89 CBR1000 78 Hawk 400 86 Ninja 600R 86 & 87 FZ600 81 GPZ550 71 CB360T

I think you took it extremely well. Having been in some accidents myself, its not easy being the one laying on the asphalt and remaining calm.

I have to ask you though, if it was your first ride, why were you all camera'd up?

To say speed kills is akin to saying guns kill, neither of which is true.
Countersteer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2012, 06:42 PM   #164
Countersteer
<><><><><><><><><>

Motorcycle(s): <2008 250R> Past Bikes:06 GSXR600 89 CBR1000 78 Hawk 400 86 Ninja 600R 86 & 87 FZ600 81 GPZ550 71 CB360T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
Watching the video again, I realized that she couldn't have made a U-turn in one move.
She had to have done a three-point turn, completely blocking the street at some point.

Even in the case that he did everything wrong, that he is a complete idiot, that he never rode a bike, ........didn't he suffer enough pain, boredom, frustration, loss of income; .........does he still need to hear from us that we are excellent riders?

Who hasn't had target fixation, who hasn't locked a front wheel, who hasn't had a oh sh**t moment?

I have had many of those; only that I have been lucky enough not to get hurt as bad as Sean did this time.
I'm with MotoFool on this one!

Old June 11th, 2012, 06:53 PM   #165
Toly
ninjette.org guru

Name: Toly

Motorcycle(s): KTM 390 Duke

Jiggles, bro, feel better. But if U have to react to a situation, it means U failed (or neglected) to anticipate it... and by then it's often a matter of luck rather than skill. U will encounter tons of dumb drivers down the road, pls don't resign Ur fate to them. Anticipate the sh!t, bro, and ride accordingly. Have a quick recovery!
Toly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2012, 06:57 PM   #166
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toly View Post
Jiggles, bro, feel better. But if U have to react to a situation, it means U failed (or neglected) to anticipate it...
Really dude? Lol

How often do you anticipate people pulling out like they did in the vid? Can I vote never? Cuz if u were anticipating that you'd never go over 10mph
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2012, 06:58 PM   #167
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countersteer View Post
I think you took it extremely well. Having been in some accidents myself, its not easy being the one laying on the asphalt and remaining calm.

I have to ask you though, if it was your first ride, why were you all camera'd up?
You just got trolled
AFM #676

Old June 11th, 2012, 07:05 PM   #168
rmorse
ninjette.org guru

Name: Bobby

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawi Ninja 250R, 2013 Honda CRF450R, 2008 Honda CRF250R, 2001 Honda XR400

Quote:
Really dude? Lol

How often do you anticipate people pulling out like they did in the vid? Can I vote never? Cuz if u were anticipating that you'd never go over 10mph
Yea, I would probably be doing about 10 there too. I would be EXTREMELY surprised if you don't start to get nervous and drop your speed next time you're in a similar situation (residential hood, many cars parked on either side of the road)
rmorse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2012, 07:12 PM   #169
drac
ninjette.org member

Name: drac

Motorcycle(s): '88 Hurricane 600, '09 Ninja 250

Quote:
Really dude? Lol

You were riding through a residential area with cars on both sides. You should of expected every car to do that. You should have expected a kid to run out in front of you. You should have expected a ball to roll into the street. Get it?

Old June 11th, 2012, 07:16 PM   #170
lamchops
ಠ_ಠ

Name: Janelle

Motorcycle(s): current newbie stick is a loaner :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubojr1 View Post

Old June 11th, 2012, 07:34 PM   #171
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorse View Post
Yea, I would probably be doing about 10 there too. I would be EXTREMELY surprised if you don't start to get nervous and drop your speed next time you're in a similar situation (residential hood, many cars parked on either side of the road)
I hope you don't have a heart condition because you are about to be extremely surprised
AFM #676

Old June 11th, 2012, 07:37 PM   #172
rmorse
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawi Ninja 250R, 2013 Honda CRF450R, 2008 Honda CRF250R, 2001 Honda XR400

Quote:
I hope you don't have a heart condition because you are about to be extremely surprised
Lol.

I had an accident that almost took me out. I've been riding dirt for 18 years. I was riding my bike again with a cast on my arm and power shifting. I had no fear getting back on the bike.

When I went by the exact spot that I hit the deer, my heart started pounding and I started sweating. It's called self-preservation, and it happens to every one.

Old June 11th, 2012, 07:41 PM   #173
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Lol.

I had an accident that almost took me out. I've been riding dirt for 18 years. I was riding my bike again with a cast on my arm and power shifting. I had no fear getting back on the bike.

When I went by the exact spot that I hit the deer, my heart started pounding and I started sweating. It's called self-preservation, and it happens to every one.
Skip to 2:20

Link to original page on YouTube.

AFM #676

Old June 11th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #174
rmorse
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Not seeing anything related to what we were discussing. I skipped to 2:20, to see you pass the spot that you got hit. So what? I said similar conditions.

Trust me, next time you pass a lot of stopped cars on a residential street and see the front wheels turn/move a tiiiiiny bit, your throat will jump so freaking high in your throat and you will hit the brakes/slow down/react. That's A-OK. That's learning.

In my scenario, I got nervous (and still do a bit) when I go by the EXACT spot I got hit, because it always looks the same as the day I hit the deer. I was doing 60+, and a deer jumped out of the woods. The woods are still there; the potential for a deer is still there. The scenario is still there, and I get extremely nervous opening it up there.

Is this your first crash? Your first somewhat serious crash?

Old June 11th, 2012, 07:52 PM   #175
rmorse
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post

I don't think people are being mean to Sean (I'm certainly not). I think a lot of people are nervous/disagree with the idea that there was absolutely nothing someone could do to control the situation (or at least alleviate some of the negative consequences).

Old June 11th, 2012, 07:57 PM   #176
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Is this your first crash? Your first somewhat serious crash?
First and only. I'm a bit upset that my first and only crash wasn't a real motorcycle crash

I rode today for about an hour. I went out to my favorite slightly twisty country rode and I was a bit nervous, moreso to the fact that I was feeling rusty. Not as in control of the bike as I used to be, but I'm sure a few weeks of riding and I'll be leaning the bike as far as I used to. Well maybe longer, I'm certainly not trying to get in an accident while my leg is still healing.

4 Bikers passed me today on the road, all squids. I met up with them later and they asked me to join them. I could easily have kept up with 3/4 of them (one guy was tearing that **** up) but I'm just trying to cruise right now and get back into riding. Mostly I concentrate on shifting in a way that doesn't hurt my shin
AFM #676

Old June 11th, 2012, 08:00 PM   #177
rmorse
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
First and only. I'm a bit upset that my first and only crash wasn't a real motorcycle crash

I rode today for about an hour. I went out to my favorite slightly twisty country rode and I was a bit nervous, moreso to the fact that I was feeling rusty. Not as in control of the bike as I used to be, but I'm sure a few weeks of riding and I'll be leaning the bike as far as I used to. Well maybe longer, I'm certainly not trying to get in an accident while my leg is still healing.

4 Bikers passed me today on the road, all squids. I met up with them later and they asked me to join them. I could easily have kept up with 3/4 of them (one guy was tearing that **** up) but I'm just trying to cruise right now and get back into riding. Mostly I concentrate on shifting in a way that doesn't hurt my shin
Yea, you def. don't want to push yourself after a decent crash. I've crashed a ridiculous amount of times (it comes with the whole riding dirt thing), but after my huge crash, I dialed back for a little bit. If you've been riding for a decent amount of time before the crash, the skills will come back to you super quick.

Old June 11th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #178
Countersteer
<><><><><><><><><>

Sean, what is your goal in all of this? Is there a purpose to all your promulgation of your accident? You say it was your first motorcycle ride, then fine. You reacted about like I would expect someone to react with no experience. Big deal. It stinks that you had such a rough first outing.

Having said that, I'll say that for a newbie you were going too fast for the circumstances and were potentially distracted by the overabundance of optical gear. To give you a personal example, whenever I perform modifications to my bike a side-effect that I really dislike is that I invariably pay too much attention to the bike for a period of time. I would never advise a new rider to have any unnecessary distractions, there is too much to pay attention to already.

Another question. If this was your first ride, why are you assuming you handled the situation so well? When I analyze your video, I see "issues". More experienced riders may know what I am referring to.

I'm not trying to be "mean" to you, just direct!

And don't forget, you are the one pushing this out into a public forum, so expect, and deal appropriately with, public scrutiny.

Old June 11th, 2012, 08:27 PM   #179
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
^ haha cmon man, one look at my sig should tell you this wasn't my first ride. I put up a title people weren't expecting since they have been hounding me to see the video.

My reaction was one that I expect many people on this forum would have made, if you see a car pulling out when you are that close, you pull away from it and go around it. Even inattentive drivers check for cars when pulling out doing uturns. Unfortunately this girl who I can guarantee was on some sort of drug (whether it be weed, ecstasy, or cocaine) and did not ever once look over to see if there were cars coming.

Now keep in mind, you are looking back on a situation you already know the outcome to. In that scenario its easy to say "Well just swerve to the other side of the street and go around her" That's not a normal everyday reaction. When you see a tire pop out, thats not what you do is it? There was not enough time to stop, the option of swerving around her is a slim chance at best. That leaves you with slowing and crashing into the car, crashing into someones yard, or ninja jumping over the roof
AFM #676

Old June 11th, 2012, 08:31 PM   #180
Countersteer
<><><><><><><><><>

Quote:
ninja jumping over the roof
Well, then you should have ninja jumped over the roof! Duh!

Old June 11th, 2012, 08:34 PM   #181
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countersteer View Post
Well, then you should have ninja jumped over the roof! Duh!
I know! When I was in the hospital high on heroin and brian came to visit we watched the videos and the only solution we could come up with is ninja jump that ****! However, I doubt I'd ever do something like this nor purposely crash into someones yard. It's like when people say
"I had to lay it down" "I had to crash in the yard" "I had to ninja jump that ****"

Oh, you mean you gave up trying to control the situation?

"Yeah...."
AFM #676

Old June 11th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #182
Vergil
Laser Quest

Name: Austin

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Black Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptdoughnut View Post
i think hes telling you to go smash drac's mailbox... and maybe that womans
I'm not naming names, but I've never been a big fan of the postal service since that Kevin Costner movie.
Vergil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2012, 09:50 PM   #183
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergil View Post
I'm not naming names, but I've never been a big fan of the postal service since that Kevin Costner movie.
For real, Waterworld was weak
AFM #676

Old June 11th, 2012, 10:03 PM   #184
Vergil
Laser Quest

Quote:
For real, Waterworld was weak
James Earl Jones was pretty good in that though

Old June 11th, 2012, 10:04 PM   #185
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergil View Post
James Earl Jones was pretty good in that though
Good in what? Ruth Connolly Jones?
AFM #676

Old June 11th, 2012, 10:17 PM   #186
Vergil
Laser Quest

Quote:
Good in what? Ruth Connolly Jones?
You know, the movie with all those ghosts and baseball? What was it called... Conan?

Old June 11th, 2012, 10:21 PM   #187
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
AFM #676

Old June 11th, 2012, 10:22 PM   #188
Vergil
Laser Quest

Close, but with more Barbarian.

Old June 11th, 2012, 10:24 PM   #189
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
D3?
AFM #676

Old June 11th, 2012, 10:28 PM   #190
Vergil
Laser Quest

How good is he at leaping everywhere?

Old June 11th, 2012, 10:38 PM   #191
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
not good at all 10s cooldown, what a noob. My Hunter of Demonic Forces of Evil Which Come Forth Through the Portals of Hell To Be Slain By Me the Demon Hunter, can cartwheel circles around him
AFM #676

Old June 12th, 2012, 02:39 AM   #192
Countersteer
<><><><><><><><><>

We turned a corner didn't we? I knew I shouldn't have gone to bed...

Old June 12th, 2012, 02:50 AM   #193
drac
ninjette.org member

Name: drac

Motorcycle(s): '88 Hurricane 600, '09 Ninja 250

Quote:
if you see a car pulling out when you are that close, you pull away from it and go around it.
WRONG...I have said it before, I will say it again..... In any situation you want to control your own destiny NOT leave it up to someone else. Especially someone in a car. You should almost always make every effort to keep the problem in FRONT of you were you can control the situation. You should have braked as hard as possible. If you had of swerved in front you would have given her the opportunity to T-bone you.

Your problem is you have more experienced riders tell you what you should have/could have done and you are telling us we are wrong!!!!!..... Yet you are the one with the broken leg.....

Old June 12th, 2012, 05:21 AM   #194
dubojr1
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

j/k....

Seriously Jiggles. I don't think the intent here is step all over your toes man. The point is that the accident was not 100% unavoidable. There's just too many variables that could have changed the outcome. That's all.

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 12th, 2012, 07:53 AM   #195
miss_syn
my hair matches my bike

Name: Tiffany

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Red 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgk View Post
i would rather spend $6-8k and get the best treatment, instead of free treatment that meets only the minimum standards.

American healthcare is not all that expensive.
the poor have medicare/medicaid and pay no taxes.
if people spend up to a certain amount, they get a portion of it deducted from taxes.

flexible spending accounts and medical saving accounts are tax free.

even if jiggles had no insurance,
he would still receive the best care possible no matter if he can pay or not.

What crack are you smoking? I was dehydrated from the flu and went to the hospital. $2000 for a bag of fluids. I was working part time as a full time college student barely scraping by. I made too much to qualify for any sort of financial help, but not enough to pay a bill that was suddenly 1/5 of my yearly income. (No insurance because my job didn't offer it and I didn't make enough to buy it.)

Only the people who don't work at all benefit from any sort of low income assistance. If you're above the income limits, even just barely, you are so royally ****ED. And most jobs you're lucky to get flexible spending accounts, especially if you're younger.

Jiggles I think you did well for the situation. I've had deer run out in front of me suddenly and the only thing that's entered my mind is "Oh ****, avoid." and "Is this when I'm going to wreck?"

You clearly started avoiding the car when you noticed her. It's just a matter of you didn't avoid it entirely. I would definitely say you did better than I think most people would.
miss_syn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 12th, 2012, 07:55 AM   #196
rmorse
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_syn View Post
What crack are you smoking? I was dehydrated from the flu and went to the hospital. $2000 for a bag of fluids. I was working part time as a full time college student barely scraping by. I made too much to qualify for any sort of financial help, but not enough to pay a bill that was suddenly 1/4 of my income. (No insurance because my job didn't offer it and I didn't make enough to buy it.)

Only the people who don't work at all benefit from any sort of low income assistance. If you're above the income limits, even just barely, you are so royally ****ED. And most jobs you're lucking to get flexible spending accounts.
I'm with you on this.

Old June 12th, 2012, 08:06 AM   #197
Ptdoughnut
ninjette.org guru

Name: Mason

Motorcycle(s): 12 250r (sold), 2014 ZX6R

i think it should be left to you all think your superior then jiggles.
So unless you all for some god like reason living in bullet time, I think you should check your head and actually think what is going on here.

I for one know i couldnt have stopped and i dodge F#$king paintballs almost every day. I can see those bitches in the air coming at me and i move out of the way.

also the fact she made an illegal uturn, Didnt signal she was doing so, and didnt even look before initiating.

OH and for drac. I may be a new rider and dont have much experience but, for stopping and 3/4 of your power comes from the front brake IT will create a forward motion making the rear tire "float" making it damn near useless.

Old June 12th, 2012, 08:13 AM   #198
dubojr1
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptdoughnut View Post
i think it should be left to you all think your superior then jiggles.
So unless you all for some god like reason living in bullet time, I think you should check your head and actually think what is going on here.

I for one know i couldnt have stopped and i dodge F#$king paintballs almost every day. I can see those bitches in the air coming at me and i move out of the way.

also the fact she made an illegal uturn, Didnt signal she was doing so, and didnt even look before initiating.

OH and for drac. I may be a new rider and dont have much experience but, for stopping and 3/4 of your power comes from the front brake IT will create a forward motion making the rear tire "float" making it damn near useless.

Oh geez....Here we go again... Didn't you read ANY of the technical data on proper braking posted here...

Even at that you say yourself "damn near useless" which even then leaves some room for it to be useful

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 12th, 2012, 08:35 AM   #199
miss_syn
my hair matches my bike

Name: Tiffany

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Red 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalC View Post
408-62*-**08

Missing digits are for sale.
With a little googling, I can give you a good guess.
miss_syn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 12th, 2012, 08:51 AM   #200
Ptdoughnut
ninjette.org guru

Name: Mason

Motorcycle(s): 12 250r (sold), 2014 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubojr1 View Post
Oh geez....Here we go again... Didn't you read ANY of the technical data on proper braking posted here...

Even at that you say yourself "damn near useless" which even then leaves some room for it to be useful

Seeing as a tire thats floating has little to no weight on it you might push some rocks around. think of it as your rear wheel would be hydroplaning.