Old December 21st, 2012, 12:13 PM   #41
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
All that guy needs is love...............and he may be able to find it in jail.
You joke, but I'm guessing that road-rager has been seriously abused during his life - probably as a kid. Maybe love was what he needed.

I hope for the people that live near that guy, that he's going to be locked up to keep everyone else safe. He could easily have killed someone. I also hope he's going to receive help.

Old December 21st, 2012, 12:26 PM   #42
lgk
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2012 EX250, 2014 EX300

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanoue View Post
Maybe, but with 28 days to do a criminal background check, maybe not and certainly not from now on for the rest of his life.
4 times less likely to be murdered and 9 times less by a gun in Australia then the USA
my point is if he wanted one, getting one illegally would have been easy for him.
background checks only work against poor regular people that don't have issues and a record.

the real issue here is trust, when the authorities let him loose,
will you be OK with it if you were the victim?

Old December 21st, 2012, 12:30 PM   #43
allanoue

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
You joke, but I'm guessing that road-rager has been seriously abused during his life - probably as a kid. Maybe love was what he needed.

I hope for the people that live near that guy, that he's going to be locked up to keep everyone else safe. He could easily have killed someone. I also hope he's going to receive help.
Or stops taking steroids. He is very young so after he pays his debt to society and gets help I am sure he will be a productive tax paying citizen for many years to come.

Old December 21st, 2012, 12:43 PM   #44
dfox
ninjette.org sage

Name: Fox

Motorcycle(s): 08 250R

Quote:
I also hope he's going to receive help.
that's mostly what this guy needs.

then again, there are some (debatable) genetic reasons why a person could snap like this.

What really concerns me more, is the fact that he had a female passenger in the car, who either didn't want to, or was unable, to get him to stop. This guy has obviously instilled enough fear into his female passenger that she is either equally as screwed up, or she "knows better" than to speak up. I'd expect that there's some serious abuse there, be it mental or physical, or both.

Old December 21st, 2012, 12:46 PM   #45
allanoue

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgk View Post
my point is if he wanted one, getting one illegally would have been easy for him.
background checks only work against poor regular people that don't have issues and a record.
There maybe anecdotal evidence I think the statistics prove it wrong over the long haul.
Quote:
the real issue here is trust, when the authorities let him loose,
will you be OK with it if you were the victim?
That is not a hypothetical situation for me so I know my answer is yes.

Old December 21st, 2012, 01:00 PM   #46
Racer x

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
That little punk will get off scott free. Daddy will pay a couple lawyers and buy a couple cars and give sonny a doughnut.

That punk does not need help. He deserves jail time and a serious reality check.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old December 21st, 2012, 01:10 PM   #47
lgk

Quote:
That is not a hypothetical situation for me so I know my answer is yes.
i suppose, i just deal in repeat offenders...

i got a feeling he will end up hurting someone else when he is freed.

Old December 21st, 2012, 03:02 PM   #48
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer x View Post
That punk does not need help. He deserves jail time and a serious reality check.
A lot of violent people have been seriously abused. If someone wants to help them, then that's good for society. By help, I mean help them back to sane mental health. The worse amongst us aren't born that way, they're made, and to whatever extend they can be fixed, I applaud the people who put the time into fixing them.

Just so no one gets confused and thinks I'm justifying or condoning his actions; I'm not. The guy is a nasty piece of work and I wouldn't want him anywhere near me or my friends and family. I think the best thing for the people who live near this guy would be if this guy was locked up: for their safety. Judging from his actions, he's a dangerous and broken man.

Also: what's a reality check? Does that even mean anything?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old December 21st, 2012, 03:04 PM   #49
lgk

what if he cannot be fixed?

Old December 21st, 2012, 03:16 PM   #50
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
what if he cannot be fixed?
I don't know It's important that no more people are hurt by him.

I think that it's really important that people don't create people like this. I think as a society we have a long way to go in terms of raising children in a way that doesn't screw them up. I know that personally, if I saw a child being abused I wouldn't just turn a blind eye. I bet if this guy was abused (probable), then a lot of people would have known about it / seen it and done nothing. Better that we stop people like this being made than trying to fix them once they are broken.

I do believe that some people are just born like this, but I think that's pretty rare. Whenever I've seen shows/documentaries about serial killers they always describe the most crazy f'ed-up childhoods that they had.

Old December 21st, 2012, 03:18 PM   #51
Racer x

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
I am sure this little **** has had more money waisted on helping him. Ten years in jail for attempted murder should help him just fine. He is lucky he did not jump on my hood. He would need help getting in a box.

Old December 21st, 2012, 03:47 PM   #52
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
Violence and mental illness. There is a 500 pound gorilla in the room.

Old December 21st, 2012, 04:33 PM   #53
lgk

Quote:
It's important that no more people are hurt by him.
i agree, and i hope he can be adjusted and reintegrated into society.
but in the off chance that he can't i wonder what happens...

he is fed three meals and caged for the rest of his life, maybe.

Quote:
Better that we stop people like this being made than trying to fix them once they are broken.

I do believe that some people are just born like this, but I think that's pretty rare. Whenever I've seen shows/documentaries about serial killers they always describe the most crazy f'ed-up childhoods that they had.
not sure how to correct children being reared wrong, or have bad abusive parents. but i remember kids used to be looked out for by the entire local community. and if something was wrong neighbors would either help out or scold bad parents.

this was how i was raised. even though the neighborhood was bad the older folks had a heart of gold.

somewhere along the way we handed our children to the govt and tv, then we lost our community... then children lost respect for us...

we need to start getting it back.

Old December 21st, 2012, 04:49 PM   #54
lgk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer x View Post
I am sure this little **** has had more money waisted on helping him. Ten years in jail for attempted murder should help him just fine. He is lucky he did not jump on my hood. He would need help getting in a box.
i agree, couldn't have said it better

Old December 21st, 2012, 04:56 PM   #55
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Quote:
Yes, Akima, I was joking, and at the same time inferring that, as any abuser, he is a coward who would end up being the abused victim in an harsh environment like jail.

I have seen several persons like him here in USA.
Is very probable that this guy was high in cocaine or any other drug (he broke a windshield with his elbow = no pain).

People like him cannot be "fixed" simply because they don't want to change.
He could have been abused as a boy, but that is not the problem of the victim of this case or the other drivers that his anger endangered, rather it is his own personal problem.

Does he seek help to overcome that problem?
No, he tries to pass his misery on to weaker people and/or dilute himself in the world of narcotics.

Wealthy families pay fortunes to rehabilitate these young fellows, who go back to the same thing right away after they have been "clean".

I understand that he was born sane and was deformed by his family or conditions or lack of love later on.
However, the reality is that nobody else goes with him to jail (where he will not be fixed either).

It is too easy to play the victim role, and to hide behind it, especially if somebody else pays our bills or the consequences of our actions.
Life demonstrates that not all people growing up in adverse conditions become bad and dangerous people.

I see it as an inteligence-attitude problem, which only belongs to the person that has the problem.

Old December 21st, 2012, 05:05 PM   #56
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Yeah. I pretty much outright agree. I'm clear on who the victim is. It's the poor guy that was almost killed trying to escape that lunatic! Good point too about how not everyone who is abused turns out like him.

For some reason I didn't think about drugs. Now you've said it, it seems likely that he was on something. The guy was possessed! He pounced on the car like a zombie (28 days later style, not dawn of the dead!).

Old December 21st, 2012, 05:07 PM   #57
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
somewhere along the way we handed our children to the govt and tv, then we lost our community... then children lost respect for us...

we need to start getting it back.

Old December 21st, 2012, 05:19 PM   #58
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
For some reason I didn't think about drugs. Now you've said it, it seems likely that he was on something. The guy was possessed! He pounced on the car like a zombie (28 days later style, not dawn of the dead!).

Link to original page on YouTube.

Old December 21st, 2012, 05:37 PM   #59
Firehorse
ninjette.org sage

Name: Ms.T, Queen of the Night

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250

Quote:
thats why i'm glad to be in the USA.

i would still love to visit Australia for a short period of time though.
just have to watch my back more diligently, is all.
Haha, it would be a fabulous place for you to visit but it would take a while while to get used to chillin'. No fear. Aussies are so mellow.
What would you be watching for? Kinda like Canada, I can't think of a single place in the whole country that I would be afraid to visit at night.
Kinda weird how we're so much the same and so different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehbs300 View Post
I recon Americas gun laws are ridiculous and backward.
It's odd that when we say 'the wild west' it's an insult and a reference to uncivilized behavior but when my US friends say it, they are referring to justice and order by firearms. To each their own I suppose.

Old December 21st, 2012, 05:55 PM   #60
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehorse View Post
Haha, it would be a fabulous place for you to visit but it would take a while while to get used to chillin'. No fear. Aussies are so mellow.
Funny stat

While you have a four times more likelihood of being murdered in the United States, you are twice as likely to be assaulted in Australia.

Penal colony heritage, Oz? Keep those strong gun laws!

Old December 21st, 2012, 06:48 PM   #61
lgk

Quote:
What would you be watching for? Kinda like Canada, I can't think of a single place in the whole country that I would be afraid to visit at night.
Kinda weird how we're so much the same and so different.
Watching for dangerous animals, lol. I plan on going on a Walkabout.
No fear here really, i'm just used to having iron on my hip, and it feels awkward without it.

US culture is different, we seem to promote both individual responsibility, strength, and teamwork with others. we teach marksmanship at a young age, i have taught kids as young 7yrs old. I learned when i was 14, Its a way of life for us.

Quote:
It's odd that when we say 'the wild west' it's an insult and a reference to uncivilized behavior but when my US friends say it, they are referring to justice and order by firearms. To each their own I suppose.
I guess wild west means the society is controlled by personal and not govt means.
Never really been to a place in US like that, even though i have gone to places where 95% of citizens are armed. Everyone was extremely friendly

Old December 21st, 2012, 07:27 PM   #62
thunderpipes127
Thunderstruck

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Ninja 250R

That guy was insane. Jump on my chevy and i will take my five seven and rearrange his face. I don't hesitate just ask mr kelly who tried to car jack me in hattiesburg ask him how well that five seven sings when it has too.

Old December 21st, 2012, 11:21 PM   #63
BlueHairSar
ninjette.org sage

Name: Sarah

Motorcycle(s): Silver 2005 Ninja 250 - Available for free mustache rides.

Particularly in light of recent instances, I'm frankly sickened at the number of you who seem to think that a gun is a solution to this man's behavior.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehbs300 View Post
I recon Americas gun laws are ridiculous and backward.
i think the correct words are balanced and realistic.

our laws promote self defense and provide clear direction on when deadly force is appropriate. the laws also protect the ownership of firearms and other tools for personal carry, defense, and practice.

Also, just in case you were wondering, the 2nd amendment (the right to bare arms) has nothing to do with self defense.

Quote:
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
The second amendment was written so that as a population, we have the right to revolt against the government in the event that we're being mis-treated.

... sigh, it just bloody baffles my mind how so many people in this f*ing country thing that violence is the correct response to violence. Or worse: that f*ing guns are the best response to violence.

Old December 22nd, 2012, 01:56 AM   #64
thunderpipes127
Thunderstruck

Say that looking down the barrel of a loaded gun as some f**k face is trying to take your car. I'm not going to cower down and remove myself from my car and threaten some armed thug with that "I will call the cops sir" bulls**t. Jump on my car try to harm me or my family POP POP POP will be the last sounds you hear. In above instance the punk was lucky it was just his kneecaps. I was fully justified in what I did. Those bullets in his gun were not going to ring out a diplomatic solution if I refused to get out. In the state of Mississippi a car is a direct extension of a man's home and can be defended thusly. I am a god fearing gun toting American with a shotgun and assault rifle in the back glass of my Chevrolet pickup and a .357 on my hip. I served two tours to keep it that way and dare someone to try and make it otherwise. Ok rant over back to motorcycles please.

Old December 22nd, 2012, 05:37 AM   #65
lgk

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderpipes127 View Post
That guy was insane. Jump on my chevy and i will take my five seven and rearrange his face. I don't hesitate just ask mr kelly who tried to car jack me in hattiesburg ask him how well that five seven sings when it has too.
Are you saying he's still alive,lol. Jk

Thanks for your Service!

Old December 22nd, 2012, 06:06 AM   #66
lgk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHairSar View Post
Particularly in light of recent instances, I'm frankly sickened at the number of you who seem to think that a gun is a solution to this man's behavior.
Most of the LEO think it was a security and mental problem more than a gun problem.

Quote:
Also, just in case you were wondering, the 2nd amendment (the right to bare arms) has nothing to do with self defense.
The founding fathers understood tyranny occurs on multiple levels, not just the national level. Read their writings, they all agree to let all men be armed for their personal protection as well as promote a free state.

Quote:
... sigh, it just bloody baffles my mind how so many people in this f*ing country thing that violence is the correct response to violence. Or worse: that f*ing guns are the best response to violence.
Sometimes violence is the only option, and I have enough experience with bad people to know.

I'm as nice/caring as can be normally
but that doesn't prevent me from realizing the man deserved to die.

Old December 22nd, 2012, 06:14 AM   #67
thunderpipes127
Thunderstruck

Yes shot out a femur and kneecap through the door of my chevy 3500. I was using my left hand to push his pistol up and out from drew with mu right. Once I cleared leather I rang put 9 shot through the door. If you are unfamiliar with the five seven Google it. It shoots the same high velocity ammunition as the P90 (got one too), holds 21 rounds of armor piercing ammo, can blow. through Russian class 3 body armor, and has zero recoil.But it is a very expensive personal defense weapon costing an average of $1100 which is what Ipaid for mine. If anyone want to come shoot it or any of my other guns come on down we'll head to the range up the road drop the tail gate and waste some ammo I don't mind at all.

Old December 22nd, 2012, 06:24 AM   #68
lgk

Quote:
Yeah. I pretty much outright agree. I'm clear on who the victim is. It's the poor guy that was almost killed trying to escape that lunatic! Good point too about how not everyone who is abused turns out like him.

Watch the beginning of dawn of the dead 2004 version you'll see what i mean.

Old December 22nd, 2012, 07:49 AM   #69
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Yes shot out a femur and kneecap through the door of my chevy 3500. I was using my left hand to push his pistol up and out from drew.
If he did not have a gun you would not have needed to draw your's
Prisoner's dilemma

If everyone has a gun then every lunatic has a gun. I have a big problem with that. The second amendment says "well regulated" but the NRA and gun lobby will not allow that to happen. Risking your life for a pickup truck, wow. I am glad you are fast well and trained .

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old December 22nd, 2012, 08:03 AM   #70
thunderpipes127
Thunderstruck

If he did not have a weapon I would not have used mine. Mostly its macho talk to say you would shoot someone unarmed but going toe to toe with that guy would have seen you to an early grave I can promise you that. Sometimes there is crazy but this guy was blood thirsty insane.

Old December 22nd, 2012, 08:25 AM   #71
lgk

Quote:
If he did not have a gun you would not have needed to draw your's
Prisoner's dilemma

If everyone has a gun then every lunatic has a gun. I have a big problem with that. The second amendment says "well regulated" but the NRA and gun lobby will not allow that to happen. Risking your life for a pickup truck, wow. I am glad you are fast well and trained .
The prisoner's dilemma doesnt really apply here.
The logic aint right but i'll play anyway.

If your looking at it from the standpoint of the govt, pitting me against the robber.
And the choice us choosing life with a gun or death from the opposing party.

Scenario 1 the robber picks the gun, i don't. I die.
Scenario 2 we both pick guns, we are equal.
Scenario 3 we both dont pick guns, i struggle with him and get seriously hurt or die.
Scenario 4 the robber doesnt pick the gun, i do. Nothing happens.

i would definitely choose the gun.

Old December 22nd, 2012, 08:26 AM   #72
slickt0mmy
ninjette.org member

Name: Adam

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250

Quote:
So what would you have done? Give him a hug and make him some pancakes? Good luck with that. Call the police? Guess what they're going to do when they get there..........that's right. Be violent or use the threat of violence to get him to comply.
As a former law enforcement officer, I can tell you right from the get-go that if I were responding to a call like that, it would have been with guns drawn. There are times when the only thing that can stop violence is more violence. That is not always the answer, but why else do police carry firearms?

Oh, and the Supreme Court of the United States disagrees with your assessment of the Second Amendment.

But in regards to the follow-up video, does anybody know if it's standard procedure for police to cuff people in the front in Australia? Here in America that's a huge no-no.

Old December 22nd, 2012, 08:59 AM   #73
lgk

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickt0mmy View Post
But in regards to the follow-up video, does anybody know if it's standard procedure for police to cuff people in the front in Australia? Here in America that's a huge no-no.
Idk but it should be a no no anywhere.
The only time i was cuffed in front was from some trainees.
And i fought them for 10minutes, lol.

Old December 22nd, 2012, 09:31 AM   #74
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
The prisoner's dilemma doesnt really apply here.
The logic aint right but i'll play anyway.

If your looking at it from the standpoint of the govt, pitting me against the robber.
And the choice us choosing life with a gun or death from the opposing party.

Scenario 1 the robber picks the gun, i don't. I die.
Scenario 2 we both pick guns, we are equal.
Scenario 3 we both dont pick guns, i struggle with him and get seriously hurt or die.
Scenario 4 the robber doesnt pick the gun, i do. Nothing happens.

i would definitely choose the gun.
Scenario 1 the robber picks the gun, i don't.-- You get robbed maybe murdered.
Scenario 2 we both pick guns, we are equal-- someone gets shot maybe both of you.
Scenario 3 we both dont pick guns, i struggle with him and get seriously hurt or die. -- With no gun, death is a lot less likely outcome
Scenario 4 the robber doesnt pick the gun, i do. -- He goes to jail maybe shot

The logical and enviable outcome is you both pick up guns is my point. Which is the most likely and lethal scenario. Also the most profitable outcome for the gun industry.
I own 2

Is the truck not insured? I hope the issuance company appreciated you risking your life to save them money.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old December 22nd, 2012, 07:49 PM   #75
lgk

Quote:

The logical and enviable outcome is you both pick up guns is my point. Which is the most likely and lethal scenario. Also the most profitable outcome for the gun industry.
I own 2
My point is that there's always a twist when both men are actually free.
Where the govt may control the supply of guns in the prisoners dilemma, no such control is possible in real world. They may enact laws to prevent both men from buying from a dealer but the robber can just go and get one illegally down the street.

The only time gun industry makes money, is when there is uncertainty in the govt.
It is not as profitable as you think... since most guns/ ammo are extremely durable and lasts for decades. There's no real turnover.

The Gun control being pushed now, only hurts a citizen trying to defend himself.
Its irrational fear manifested into law...

They just need logical and install some measures to the buildings.
Provide immediate improvement in both protection and deterrents.

Old December 22nd, 2012, 08:45 PM   #76
thunderpipes127
Thunderstruck

It has liability insurance only and yes I have risked my life for a lot crazier s**t than that. Like the time I assisted in the invasion of a foreign country so we could dethrone a stupid a**hole that had the same psychotic mentality as the car jumper above but the prick hadn't ever done anything to me but I helped lay waste to his military and destroy a small country and did with a smile on my face HOOAH. Hell on a good day I would go to war over protecting my breakfast coffee if I'm in the mood guess that makes me a crazy southern redneck with too many guns. I firmly believe a man stops being a man when other men stop seeing them as being dangerous that's when the world will eat you up and sh*t you out because you will let it happen and everyone knows it so why not take advantage when they know you will do nothing to stop them.

Old December 22nd, 2012, 11:09 PM   #77
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
A lot of violent people have been seriously abused. If someone wants to help them, then that's good for society. By help, I mean help them back to sane mental health. The worse amongst us aren't born that way, they're made, and to whatever extend they can be fixed, I applaud the people who put the time into fixing them.

Just so no one gets confused and thinks I'm justifying or condoning his actions; I'm not. The guy is a nasty piece of work and I wouldn't want him anywhere near me or my friends and family. I think the best thing for the people who live near this guy would be if this guy was locked up: for their safety. Judging from his actions, he's a dangerous and broken man.

Also: what's a reality check? Does that even mean anything?
This has been Dr. Akima with the truth.
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs

Old December 23rd, 2012, 06:25 AM   #78
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Hell on a good day I would go to war over protecting my breakfast coffee if I'm in the mood guess that makes me a crazy southern redneck with too many guns.

Link to original page on YouTube.

The world is becoming more civilized and with each passing decade fewer and fewer people are killed violently. That is a fact buried by fear mongering media trying to get you to watch so they can have higher ratings and charge more for there commercials.

As much as you would like it not to be true, strong gun laws do work.

Old December 23rd, 2012, 08:26 AM   #79
slickt0mmy
ninjette.org member

Name: Adam

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250

Quote:
As much as you would like it not to be true, strong gun laws do work.
And we need only to look at Chicago to prove your theory, right?

Old December 23rd, 2012, 08:29 AM   #80
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickt0mmy View Post
And we need only to look at Chicago to prove your theory, right?
It proves Chicago in not an island.

Closed Thread