Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Videos

Old February 7th, 2013, 01:58 PM   #81
Gurk
Done here.

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
"AD, Attention Disorientation, affects riders at all levels including professionals. We’ve handled more pro riders than anyone else in the world, trust me on this one, they have the same problems." - Keith Code

http://forums.superbikeschool.com/in...?showtopic=978
Kidding aside, I totally believe him. I think keeping focus for lap after lap is the hardest thing about riding track. Or riding your best, consistently. When I rode in traffic I was a little more alert but I'm sure there were times when I wasn't.
Gurk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 7th, 2013, 02:34 PM   #82
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

Name: Lance

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
Luckily it was titanium reinforced
Was that your ninja 1000?
LNasty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 7th, 2013, 02:38 PM   #83
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Yep
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 7th, 2013, 03:04 PM   #84
Old Lemon
Lays er down

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Lime green Ninja 250R

sometimes, you just gotta layer down
Old Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old February 7th, 2013, 06:35 PM   #85
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Lemon View Post
sometimes, you just gotta layer down

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 9th, 2013, 02:13 PM   #86
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 12' Ninja 250

shoulda went into the right lane mang! second they stopped shoulda checked the trailer way ahead of you in the 2nd lane then ur right mirror and got teh **** outta there.

are you even fully recovered from your leg injury yet?
Aggrotech is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 9th, 2013, 03:24 PM   #87
80MPHdownhill
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): Yes, please.

Motorcycling isn't for everyone.
80MPHdownhill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 9th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #88
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

I like all the "what you should have done was..." And "what I would have done was... "

Because it's really just a case of you being an idiot and not looking where you were going then panicking and doing something stupid.

If you were paying attention to the road ahead you would have seen the person brake and you would have done the same and the whole damn thing would have been avoided, no left lane, no right lane, no advanced emergency braking techniques, no ABS, just a normal reaction time and sensable braking.

Looking at the video, it also looks like you're closer than two seconds away from them, 1.5 maybe.

Pay more attention next time!
Joshorilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 9th, 2013, 05:45 PM   #89
ChaoSS
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2012 red 250 ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshorilla View Post
I like all the "what you should have done was..." And "what I would have done was... "

Because it's really just a case of you being an idiot and not looking where you were going then panicking and doing something stupid.

If you were paying attention to the road ahead you would have seen the person brake and you would have done the same and the whole damn thing would have been avoided, no left lane, no right lane, no advanced emergency braking techniques, no ABS, just a normal reaction time and sensable braking.

Looking at the video, it also looks like you're closer than two seconds away from them, 1.5 maybe.

Pay more attention next time!
True, he should have been paying more attention. It's one more link in the accident chain. That being said, paying attention is just one link in the accident chain. There are other things that could have broken it.
ChaoSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 9th, 2013, 06:52 PM   #90
allanoue
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoSS View Post
True, he should have been paying more attention. It's one more link in the accident chain. That being said, paying attention is just one link in the accident chain. There are other things that could have broken it.
That being said Jiggeles has it right, paying attention was the easiest thing to have done, but then again last I looked at the licencing requirements, we are all human. Stay tuned, sooner then you think we will all be riding bitch.
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 10th, 2013, 11:34 PM   #91
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
I'm not really going to do a "what you should've done" or anything like that, it's been beaten to death... but I honestly don't understand why you went to the shoulder and did such a late brake. You said you were distracted by the van, so I guess that explains it -- a bit of target fixation... but still. Bad Jiggles! No cookies!
Feel better soon, and ride more carefully silly!
Yakaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 13th, 2013, 05:05 PM   #92
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Turns out there actually was some damage to my gear! I only checked my left glove and side of my jacket because thats the side I slid on and the side that got injured. I guess from this damage that I had my right hand underneath me as well and was sliding on it. Even so, the damage is minimal

AFM #676

Old February 13th, 2013, 06:01 PM   #93
outasight20
ninjette.org member

Name: Weezy

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Yamaha FZ6

This is why I try to ride between packs of sheep cagers on the highway.
outasight20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 13th, 2013, 06:44 PM   #94
drac
ninjette.org member

Name: drac

Motorcycle(s): '88 Hurricane 600, '09 Ninja 250

LOL.... the guy has two major crashes INTO cars and he is giving advice on how to ride. It's pretty clear Jiggles has NO freakin idea how to ride.

Dude, sell your bikes and start driving a car....... You are giving real motorcycle riders a bad name.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old February 13th, 2013, 06:54 PM   #95
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Major? There's hardly a scratch on me. I'm pretty ****ing badass at crashing at this point
AFM #676

Old February 13th, 2013, 07:14 PM   #96
drac
ninjette.org member

Not even intelligent enough to realize that crashing INTO ANOTHER VEHICLE on a PUBLIC road(much less an interstate) is a major crash.

I would say you need to grow up. But if you continue to think you know how to ride a motorcycle it is pointless. You won't ever get the chance to mature. Darwins law will take care of that pretty soon.

I am amazed that Alex allows some of your posts to remain. The "advise" you dispense is going to get someone killed.

Sean, I am saying this in no uncertain terms............. You suck at riding a street bike and have NO business dispensing advise much less actually riding one. You are a road hazard................ Take up golf...... You will probably suck at it just as much, but at least you won't kill yourself or someone else.

Old February 13th, 2013, 07:16 PM   #97
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Major? There's hardly a scratch on me. I'm pretty ****ing badass at crashing at this point
I know that I'm watching a master troll at work, but I would at least make sure he knows that the other car crashed into you in the first crash and not the other way around.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 13th, 2013, 07:31 PM   #98
outasight20
ninjette.org member

Name: Weezy

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Yamaha FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by drac View Post
Not even intelligent enough to realize that crashing INTO ANOTHER VEHICLE on a PUBLIC road(much less an interstate) is a major crash.

I would say you need to grow up. But if you continue to think you know how to ride a motorcycle it is pointless. You won't ever get the chance to mature. Darwins law will take care of that pretty soon.

I am amazed that Alex allows some of your posts to remain. The "advise" you dispense is going to get someone killed.

Sean, I am saying this in no uncertain terms............. You suck at riding a street bike and have NO business dispensing advise much less actually riding one. You are a road hazard................ Take up golf...... You will probably suck at it just as much, but at least you won't kill yourself or someone else.
+1,000,000,000

It's really not a big deal to crash into a car on the freeway guys. Everyone does it, then laughs it off and buys another new bike to wreck.
outasight20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 14th, 2013, 12:48 AM   #99
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
I can't even believe I'm getting suckered into responding to you drac so I'll keep it short and sweet. I'm a good rider, I've ridden with people who have more skill than you or I can dream of and I'm sure that they would vouch that I am a good and safe rider.

So you, my friend, can go eat a ham sandwich.
AFM #676

Old February 14th, 2013, 03:49 AM   #100
drac
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I can't even believe I'm getting suckered into responding to you drac so I'll keep it short and sweet. I'm a good rider, I've ridden with people who have more skill than you or I can dream of and I'm sure that they would vouch that I am a good and safe rider.

So you, my friend, can go eat a ham sandwich.
LOL..... Your skill at riding a motorcycle is fairly obvious. As witnessed by your videos........ No Jiggles, whether you can/will admit it or not..........You suck at riding a motorcycle.

A good and safe rider?................... You are a joke.

Old February 14th, 2013, 06:08 AM   #101
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

Quote:
Originally Posted by drac View Post
LOL..... Your skill at riding a motorcycle is fairly obvious. As witnessed by your videos........ No Jiggles, whether you can/will admit it or not..........You suck at riding a motorcycle.

A good and safe rider?................... You are a joke.
Ha, bit harsh, i doubt sean or any of his buddies will agree, but out its rather self evident.

Although i wouldn't pin his first crash so much on him, this one is just due to stupidity.

Old February 14th, 2013, 10:09 AM   #102
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Why is Jiggles being trolled so hard recently? How many of these people are the same person? Example: Recent new troll user goes "on a break" and then drac comes back.

I think it's unrealistic to say that a crashed rider knows less about what he did wrong than others who have yet to crash, so dismissing his advice for that reason is supremely stupid.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 14th, 2013, 10:35 AM   #103
psych0hans
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Hansveer

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r - Track whore, Ninja 300 - SOLD, KTM RC390 - Orange Hulk, Ducati 899 Panigale - Red Devil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Why is Jiggles being trolled so hard recently? How many of these people are the same person? Example: Recent new troll user goes "on a break" and then drac comes back.

I think it's unrealistic to say that a crashed rider knows less about what he did wrong than others who have yet to crash, so dismissing his advice for that reason is supremely stupid.

Old February 14th, 2013, 11:19 AM   #104
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

Quote:
Why is Jiggles being trolled so hard recently?
Because of his cocksure and narcissistic attitude to almost everything isn't a conginial way for him to conduct himself.

Old February 14th, 2013, 11:24 AM   #105
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Because of his cocksure and narcissistic attitude to almost everything isn't a conginial way for him to conduct himself.
That's funny considering who this comment is coming from
AFM #676

Old February 14th, 2013, 11:29 AM   #106
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

Angry

Quote:
That's funny considering who this comment is coming from
And yet i'm not the one being trolled

And there's nothing wromg with conducting yourself that way, but you have to consider that you messed up big time with no distractions, no turns, you just plowed into the back of someone like a numpty, and people get pissed when they hear you argue you're actually a good rider and what not, as you're evidently not.

Old February 14th, 2013, 11:33 AM   #107
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
And yet i'm not the one being trolled

And there's nothing wromg with conducting yourself that way, but you have to consider that you messed up big time with no distractions, no turns, you just plowed into the back of someone like a numpty, and people get pissed when they hear you argue you're actually a good rider and what not, as you're evidently not.
Yea I realize the collision was my fault and I think I've figured out why it happened. I'll address it in another thread

I guess I'm just not as perfect as you... Oh wait
AFM #676

Old February 14th, 2013, 11:44 AM   #108
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

Quote:
Yea I realize the collision was my fault and I think I've figured out why it happened. I'll address it in another thread

I guess I'm just not as perfect as you... Oh wait
What's there to figure out? You were too close to them, didn't break on time, and when you did you locked your rear wheel, basically, if you could do it wrong you did. And you already have multiple threads on this, so why create more?

I am by no means perfect, I just want for you to understand you need to internalize blame on this one buddy, or you may be doomed to repeat yourself. Again.

Old February 14th, 2013, 11:45 AM   #109
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Drac's on a month break for multiple TOS violations.

No more warnings in this thread.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 14th, 2013, 11:54 AM   #110
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
What's there to figure out? You were too close to them, didn't break on time, and when you did you locked your rear wheel, basically, if you could do it wrong you did. And you already have multiple threads on this, so why create more?

I am by no means perfect, I just want for you to understand you need to internalize blame on this one buddy, or you may be doomed to repeat yourself. Again.

Nah there is a reason this whole situation happened. I did a lot of stuff that day that I wouldn't normally do. It is of course still my fault but hopefully I can prevent others from making a similar mistake
AFM #676

Old February 14th, 2013, 11:58 AM   #111
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

Quote:
Nah there is a reason this whole situation happened. I did a lot of stuff that day that I wouldn't normally do. It is of course still my fault but hopefully I can prevent others from making a similar mistake
Fair play, Thinking about it, the video is only a small window into what happened, I don't think I could divine a truth on my crash from my video.

And it's good to hear you'll use this as a learning tool

Old February 14th, 2013, 12:07 PM   #112
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
AFM #676

Old February 20th, 2013, 06:32 PM   #113
ADoMinGu3z
ninjette.org member

Quote:
A vehicle stopping in time is the only way to break the cycle. Once stopped you can still use the remaining room to go forward or around. Those options still exist and I think it's well understood that you need to look out behind you after an emergency stop.
completely agreed with u, but in my area id be better off riding the shoulder then trusting the people behind me to stop.
ADoMinGu3z is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 20th, 2013, 08:10 PM   #114
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADoMinGu3z View Post
completely agreed with u, but in my area id be better off riding the shoulder then trusting the people behind me to stop.
They will just go into the shoulder and hit you anyway
AFM #676

Old March 10th, 2013, 07:13 PM   #115
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
@drac don't pick on jiggles, he might be himself sometimes, but who cares. you're just annoying.

Old March 11th, 2013, 02:13 PM   #116
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
This is more proof that gear is awesome. Days after Jiggles crashes he can find damage to his gear and shrug it off. If he wasn't wearing it then he'd know much sooner exactly which part of his body slid across the ground. Even that small scuff on your leathers represents a huge amount of pain and suffering you were saved from.

<3 gear!
akima is offline   Reply With Quote