ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Videos

Old August 2nd, 2013, 11:37 AM   #81
Panda
not an actual panda

Name: dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2009 CBR600RR (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmachine View Post
You're argueing with all the governments all over the world and every scientific study ever done on the subject which all say im correct. I actually KNOW that I'm correct. Thats how much backup my opinion has.
You're kind of acting like an ass now.
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 2nd, 2013, 11:42 AM   #82
sLick415
ninjette.org guru

Name: Danny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

I'm hungry.
sLick415 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 11:43 AM   #83
dave42
ninjette.org guru

Name: dave

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250, ZX6r, RSV4, Caponord Rally

Me too. Food places around my office sucks.
dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 2nd, 2013, 11:46 AM   #84
Panda
not an actual panda

I originally read this thread b/c I thought this happened to @akima. I was relieved that it was a video thread and not a crash thread.

Old August 2nd, 2013, 11:51 AM   #85
greenmachine
ninjette.org member

Name: mitch

Motorcycle(s): Green Ninja 250 2008!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave42 View Post
You're still being defensive and still need to chill.

Do a search on every reply I've done on lane splitting then read what I posted here again. Then think really hard about whether I'm against lane splitting or not.
I never said you didnt support lanesplitting, infact I never even replied to anything you said until that last post where you told me that I need to "accept that I am wrong".

Most people who agree with me dont tell me to accept that I'm wrong.

You said that what we do on motorcycles is not absolute. But thats not true, the method and science ARE absolute. The riders input however is not. My argument was with jely1990 about weather or not you can lanesplit safely at above 80. And I proceeded to try to explain that, if you can mentally and physically keep up with the method of lane splitting at high speeds, you will not crash. Thats all.

I apologize to everyone, I probably just should have given up and told people to look it up or something. I shouldn't be trying to personally educate everyone myself, I'm obviously very bad at it and too frustrated. Again, my apologies.
greenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 2nd, 2013, 11:51 AM   #86
greenmachine
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
I originally read this thread b/c I thought this happened to @akima. I was relieved that it was a video thread and not a crash thread.
Me too!

Old August 2nd, 2013, 11:53 AM   #87
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Holy f***. What happened to my lil video thread?! It sploded with comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
Thank you for the caring.

Edit: and you @greenmachine !
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:00 PM   #88
greenmachine
ninjette.org member

As for what you said earlier dave. I would like to say that in regards to this quote "luck runs out and you WILL need to slow down or stop because there's no more room to maneuver.", I have to say that most people will split at speeds their brain can handle and wont have to rely on luck, their skill and metal prowess allows them to select routes with escape paths and if they ever get into a situation where there is no escape path, they wont split quickly through possible lanechange gaps.

You then go on to say, "Going that much faster than what the traffic is doing significantly cuts down on your reaction time and if you have your mind convinced on always having room to move around you WILL end up in a bad place when you run into a situation where there are none available."

But, most riders when splitting don't have their mind convinced that there is room, as if its a lie, they will have their minds constantly scanning traffic and the road so they may understand where the escape routes on the road are, and move to where there is always one accessible as they cross a possible lane change gap. If their is none they wont dash through the lane change gap.

I am being defensive, but hopefully I have calmed enough and this message isnt pushy in any way. I am very stubborn about this subject and I enjoy the debate.

Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:01 PM   #89
dave42
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
You said that what we do on motorcycles is not absolute. But thats not true, the method and science ARE absolute. The riders input however is not.
At no point did any of my posts say anything about the method and science. You have your selective reading glasses on because you're being defensive and narrowing your view point. In motorcycle terminology that's called target fixation. You need to not do that in both posting replies and riding.

Quote:
My argument was with jely1990 about weather or not you can lanesplit safely at above 80. And I proceeded to try to explain that, if you can mentally and physically keep up with the method of lane splitting at high speeds, you will not crash.
There's a huge, HUGE, distinction between the Brazilian guy's video and splitting safely at high speeds. The Brazilian guy was doing maybe 65 when the traffic is at near stand-still. That's a relative difference of around 50mph.

I split lanes all the time when I'm doing about 85 and the traffic around me is doing 75 if somebody's in front of me and blocking my view of what's ahead of me. That's a relative difference of 10. That makes it safer than what that dufus was doing.

You were arguing what the Brazilian guy was doing was safe and that needs to be discouraged because there's nothing safe about it. Plain and simple. Defending that point is not going to help you look any smarter.

Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:07 PM   #90
greenmachine
ninjette.org member

Quote:
At no point did any of my posts say anything about the method and science. You have your selective reading glasses on because you're being defensive and narrowing your view point. In motorcycle terminology that's called target fixation. You need to not do that in both posting replies and riding.

There's a huge, HUGE, distinction between the Brazilian guy's video and splitting safely at high speeds. The Brazilian guy was doing maybe 65 when the traffic is at near stand-still. That's a relative difference of around 50mph.

I split lanes all the time when I'm doing about 85 and the traffic around me is doing 75 if somebody's in front of me and blocking my view of what's ahead of me. That's a relative difference of 10. That makes it safer than what that dufus was doing.

You were arguing what the Brazilian guy was doing was safe and that needs to be discouraged because there's nothing safe about it. Plain and simple. Defending that point is not going to help you look any smarter.
I never said it was safe for YOU to do, or for ME to do, or for my uncle to do. I said if you can process at those speeds, and stick to the method of lane splitting described, you will not crash. It will be safe. Dont believe me? Watch ghostrider.

Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:08 PM   #91
dave42
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
As for what you said earlier dave. I would like to say that in regards to this quote "luck runs out and you WILL need to slow down or stop because there's no more room to maneuver.", I have to say that most people will split at speeds their brain can handle and wont have to rely on luck, their skill and metal prowess allows them to select routes with escape paths and if they ever get into a situation where there is no escape path, they wont split quickly through possible lanechange gaps.

You then go on to say, "Going that much faster than what the traffic is doing significantly cuts down on your reaction time and if you have your mind convinced on always having room to move around you WILL end up in a bad place when you run into a situation where there are none available."

But, most riders when splitting don't have their mind convinced that there is room, as if its a lie, they will have their minds constantly scanning traffic and the road so they may understand where the escape routes on the road are, and move to where there is always one accessible as they cross a possible lane change gap. If their is none they wont dash through the lane change gap.

I am being defensive, but hopefully I have calmed enough and this message isnt pushy in any way. I am very stubborn about this subject and I enjoy the debate.
I know it's extraordinarily difficult, but since you're calmer now, think back carefully and read the last page from top to bottom. Remember far far back about less than 12 hours ago, then read the last page again. Carefully. As in every post, and everything everybody had posted.

Jely didn't disagreeing with you until that brazilian guy was posted. And all my replies were because you posted that video and called it safe.

Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:08 PM   #92
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:09 PM   #93
greenmachine
ninjette.org member

The average human wouldn't be anywhere near safe in those conditions, but my argument is that if you have the mental and physical skill, you will be safe.

Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:11 PM   #94
greenmachine
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I know it's extraordinarily difficult, but since you're calmer now, think back carefully and read the last page from top to bottom. Remember far far back about less than 12 hours ago, then read the last page again. Carefully. As in every post, and everything everybody had posted.

Jely didn't disagreeing with you until that brazilian guy was posted. And all my replies were because you posted that video and called it safe.
It is safe. He did not crash. It works. Its safe. Just because the nuclear power plant could blow up one day and kill the town, doesnt mean its not safe when operating properly.

Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:12 PM   #95
dave42
ninjette.org guru

Ghostrider is the exception, not the norm. Same with that Brazilian guy.

Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:13 PM   #96
dave42
ninjette.org guru

You're just being a petulant child now. Instead of being a clueless new guy asking for information to become a better rider you now have your fingers jammed firmly into your ears. This discussion is long over.

Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:14 PM   #97
greenmachine
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Thats what I' ve been saying the entire damn time dude.

"If you have the mental and physical prowess"

"If you can keep up mentally and physically"

"Obviously the average person wouldnt be safe doing this"

"It wouldnt be safe for YOU or ME, or my uncle."

Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:15 PM   #98
greenmachine
ninjette.org member

Quote:
You're just being a petulant child now. Instead of being a clueless new guy asking for information to become a better rider you now have your fingers jammed firmly into your ears. This discussion is long over.
thats very much so you

Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:16 PM   #99
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Ok, this has devolved into name calling.

Since Alex posted the Minions singing, it's over. Stop now, please.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:17 PM   #100
greenmachine
ninjette.org member

Quote:
You agree with me in saying that the Brazilian guy IS safe and he IS the exception. Then you tell me I'm a child with my fingers in my ears and I need to stop argueing? You just sided with me and told me I was correct....

5 minutes ago you were preaching how the Brazilian guy WASNT the exception and that nobody would be safe doing this, no exceptions. You completely 180'd your arguement and agreed with me....

Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:17 PM   #101
greenmachine
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post
Ok, this has devolved into name calling.

Since Alex posted the Minions singing, it's over. Stop now, please.
fine

Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:23 PM   #102
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
nothing is safe. lane splitting is not safe. riding a motorcycle is not safe. walking down the street is not safe. eating food that you did not kill, prep and cook yourself is not safe. breathing unfiltered air is not safe. being alive is not safe.

Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:24 PM   #103
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Quote:
fine
Thank you.

And just because...

Tis almost time for epic riding adventures for the weekend! Let's have fun!!

Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:26 PM   #104
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
You agree with me in saying that the Brazilian guy IS safe and he IS the exception. Then you tell me I'm a child with my fingers in my ears and I need to stop argueing? You just sided with me and told me I was correct....

5 minutes ago you were preaching how the Brazilian guy WASNT the exception and that nobody would be safe doing this, no exceptions. You completely 180'd your arguement and agreed with me....
the brazilian guy was not safe, he was an idiot. i dont care about rules or exceptions. that guy's retarded.

Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:29 PM   #105
greenmachine
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
the brazilian guy was not safe, he was an idiot. i dont care about rules or exceptions. that guy's retarded.
Its been announced over man, everyones pretty fed up with it. If you quote my stuff like this I'm gonna keep debating... lol

Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:29 PM   #106
dave42
ninjette.org guru

Quote:

Like I said, I know it's difficult to think that far back. Look back on the first reply I made in this thread, which is in the last page. Read that reply carefully.

Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:30 PM   #107
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Its been announced over man, everyones pretty fed up with it. If you quote my stuff like this I'm gonna keep debating... lol

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:35 PM   #108
dino74
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: dino

Motorcycle(s): '09 250 Street, '09 250 Race, '13 300 Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
Clearly the motorcyclist was going too fast given the road/traffic conditions.
Yeah, dude was going too fast.( More than the 10MPH recommend by the CHP) Plus, its at night. Its hard to differentiate between a lane splitting motorcycle and the left headlight of a car.
CVMA #55
dino74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:35 PM   #109
greenmachine
ninjette.org member

Sorry to anyone whom this argument is pissing off, but I cant resist...

Quote:
Like I said, I know it's difficult to think that far back. Look back on the first reply I made in this thread, which is in the last page. Read that reply carefully.
Your post you want me to go read and understand even though you're contradicting it now:

"It's a dumb idea to educate the safe side of lane splitting when you whip out a guy that's doing it wrong." You just told me the Brazilian dude isnt doing it wrong, hees the exception. Hees safe.

This is the exact quote of you doing so.

"Ghostrider is the exception, not the norm. Same with that Brazilian guy."

Am I missing something? You're just running in circles agreeing with me while pretending to be argueing and contradicting yourself.

Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:36 PM   #110
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:37 PM   #111
greenmachine
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino74 View Post
Yeah, dude was going too fast.( More than the 10MPH recommend by the CHP) Plus, its at night. Its hard to differentiate between a lane splitting motorcycle and the left headlight of a car.
Too fast to stop yes, but the rider had ages to swerve, I'm a new rider and I would have been able to execute the maneuver. Was just target fixation.

Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:37 PM   #112
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Yay for XKCD!! No matter the situation there's always an XKCD to cover it!! LOL

Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:37 PM   #113
JELY1990
Boring is my middle name.

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250r

Tl;dr Lane split at speeds you are comfortable with or don't lane split, it's up to you.

And...

JELY1990 is offline   Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:41 PM   #114
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
^^ haha thats a good comic.

Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:44 PM   #115
dave42
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Sorry to anyone whom this argument is pissing off, but I cant resist...

"It's a dumb idea to educate the safe side of lane splitting when you whip out a guy that's doing it wrong." You just told me the Brazilian dude isnt doing it wrong, hees the exception. Hees safe.

This is the exact quote of you doing so.

"Ghostrider is the exception, not the norm. Same with that Brazilian guy."
Your misunderstanding of me stating 'exception' meaning what ghostrider and that Brazilian guy are safe is simply astounding. Maybe that's why you're having trouble understanding.

Lane splitting at that big of a speed difference is not safe. In most situations, riders will run out of room to maneuver if something unexpected happened in front of them due to the speed difference.

The video you posted, and in ghostriders' videos (there's been more than 1 ghostriders), those are the exception to the norm, in that they did not crash.

They were not 'safe'. They were simply lucky enough that no cars moved in more quickly than they did, and nothing such as a turn was blocking their view of what they're going to hit within their sight line.

Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:48 PM   #116
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Fight! fight! fight!

Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:54 PM   #117
dave42
ninjette.org guru

But there's no prize

Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:57 PM   #118
greenmachine
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Your misunderstanding of me stating 'exception' meaning what ghostrider and that Brazilian guy are safe is simply astounding. Maybe that's why you're having trouble understanding.

Lane splitting at that big of a speed difference is not safe. In most situations, riders will run out of room to maneuver if something unexpected happened in front of them due to the speed difference.

The video you posted, and in ghostriders' videos (there's been more than 1 ghostriders), those are the exception to the norm, in that they did not crash.

They were not 'safe'. They were simply lucky enough that no cars moved in more quickly than they did, and nothing such as a turn was blocking their view of what they're going to hit within their sight line.
Uh maybe you should look up what exception means.... If they are the exception to it not being safe, than they are safe... Maybe you should stop typing... Your sentences are losing gramatical logic...

"meaning what ghostrider and that Brazilian guy are safe is simply astounding. "

wat.

Ghostrider is one dude who made full length 1-2 hour MOVIES of himself lanesplitting at 200+ and doing other such dangerous entertaining things. People pirated his stuff too much so he stopped, and according to the common internet opinion he went down hard and doesnt ride anymore.

The fact that they didnt crash means that it works and its safe at those speeds. You for some reason think they went on a 5 minuet stunt run going 100 through traffic and that was the end of it... Ghostrider and others do this EVERY DAY for HOURS and they dont crash until they break the method and mess up.

Hundreds of people lane split that fast through slow traffic every day and they dont just stay lucky for years, its proven that you can lanesplit safely that fast if your skills can pay the bills.

Someone Jamming their car into a motorcycle lane REALLY FREAKIN QUICK while in standstill traffic, is less likely than a plane crashing above me and flaming debris killing me. IF someone was to move their car that quickly in standstill traffic they would wreck their car into another car, its standstill traffic.

As alex stated, you can die doing anything, even breathing, everything is dangerous.

Say theres a 0.001% chance that a car will jam themselves randomly into my lane in standstill traffic and wreck into all the cars around themselves or even make it safely without wrecking. Theres the same small chance I get struck by lightning and die on a sunny day, live a little.

Old August 2nd, 2013, 12:58 PM   #119
dave42
ninjette.org guru

Hey alex.s now you're in too. Mr. Danger.

Old August 2nd, 2013, 01:01 PM   #120
Panda
not an actual panda

In related news jumping over buses is totally safe, like totally. Evel Knieval told me so.