ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Videos

Old June 14th, 2011, 05:50 AM   #1
NathanUc
B-Town Ninja

Name: Nathan

Motorcycle(s): Black 2013 Ninja ZX6R ABS

My little slice of heaven

Basically, I got lost and found this awesome deserted road. It's a 5 mile stretch of twisty/hilly sections and only one stop sign in they very middle. It's extremely rare to see others on this road as there are only one or two sections with even low population of houses. It's a bit beat up in terms of road surfaces (lots of patches/cracks), but it works for me.

I'll post a video of the road as soon as I get my GoPro back from the robots program here at my college. They are borrowing it for a study.

Removed a lot of specific details about my goals/achievements as it didn't sit well with a few of my friends.

Last futzed with by NathanUc; June 22nd, 2011 at 02:03 AM.
NathanUc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2011, 03:27 AM   #2
CynicalC
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

Hm...

Why are you tracking your body weight along with your riding speed? How tall are you? Body weight plays a very very little part of your overall health. Why are you tracking your speed? How do you even calculate the lowest speed?
CynicalC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2011, 03:59 AM   #3
NathanUc
B-Town Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalC View Post
Hm...

Why are you tracking your body weight along with your riding speed? How tall are you? Body weight plays a very very little part of your overall health. Why are you tracking your speed? How do you even calculate the lowest speed?
1. I've gained some fat in my 4 years of college. Just so happened that I started doing both at the same time on a schedule, no other reason.
2. 6'3" I know it might now say a lot about health, but I'd like to get back to what I weighed a couple years ago or at least be in the same shape.
3. To see improvements. My goal was to reach average of 45, since I got that and don't want to go over the speed limit too much on average, I'm going to focus more on overall time in the next week I think.
4. SpeedView. Start and end of run are straight so I just push record before first turn and push end before last stop sign.

Old June 26th, 2011, 06:35 AM   #4
algerath
ninjette.org member

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 2010 ninja 250

Ooh please tell where

I am in Bloomington also, where are you talking about? I may want to try it out myself!
algerath is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 27th, 2011, 07:55 AM   #5
NathanUc
B-Town Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by algerath View Post
I am in Bloomington also, where are you talking about? I may want to try it out myself!
I don't remember the road names off hand haha. I'll make sure to find out for you when I get back to btown this Wednesday. Could even meet up and ride with you if you wanted.

Old June 27th, 2011, 03:41 PM   #6
algerath
ninjette.org member

That would be great...

I can only think of one place off the top of my head where you can go 5 miles with only one stop sign. I will be curious to hear where you are talking about.

getting together for a ride would be great too, let me know when you get back in town.

Old June 27th, 2011, 11:27 PM   #7
ASquared150
ninjette.org member

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250r

seems like this has been a two person discussion so far - and this thread just prompted me to join the forum to join in!

I just got my ninja two days ago and I go to IU so I'll be back this August and would also like to know where exactly this slice of heaven is/maybe ride with you guys?
ASquared150 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 27th, 2011, 11:36 PM   #8
NathanUc
B-Town Ninja

Welcome Aaron.

I just got back to town tonight and tried to find it via Google maps. It reads it as 3.8 miles so I must have mis-read my odometer, but regardless here is a link to the map.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=E+...=13&via=1&z=13

If either of you ever want to meet up, I'm generally free everyday after around 1pm.

There appears to be some other branches of that road that seem like they'd be fun as well. At the intersection of E moores Creed rd and Swartz Ridge Rd, there is an interesting looking road but has a 'closed sign'. I've yet to be brave enough to venture on it, but maybe I'll give it a whirl.

Old June 27th, 2011, 11:53 PM   #9
ASquared150
ninjette.org member

Well I won't be back to Bloomington until August but that's definitely something to look forward to when I get there. For my car too. I know of a couple fun roads (there's a lot more around Bloomington than Chicago) just from exploring in my car (http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...uared150/2.jpg) for the past 3 years I've gone to school there.

I'm excited to get back.

Old June 27th, 2011, 11:57 PM   #10
NathanUc
B-Town Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASquared150 View Post
Well I won't be back to Bloomington until August but that's definitely something to look forward to when I get there. For my car too. I know of a couple fun roads (there's a lot more around Bloomington than Chicago) just from exploring in my car (http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...uared150/2.jpg) for the past 3 years I've gone to school there.

I'm excited to get back.
Yeah, I grew up around Valpo IN/Alsip IL but have been at IU for about 3 years as well. I personally find roads up there boring since most are just 55mph roads with little to no curves. Maybe it's just because I learned in Bloomington, but the roads down here are awesome imo.

Nice car btw. Have you raced at Putnam yet? I've been there with a 08 Civic Si and my little Ninjette and it's insane fun. I'd like to get into racing but for now I only have time/money for track days.

Old June 28th, 2011, 02:14 AM   #11
algerath
ninjette.org member

I have ridden out there a few times

I haven't been there yet this year, I went that way a couple times last summer on my old pre-gen. I know a few other good rides around here also.
I also have a couple of local friends who ride ninjettes, but are not on the forum, add them in and we can muster a regular ninjette army

I usually don't end up home from work before 5 or 6 and the last couple weeks have been brutal, so aside from the boring commute to work I haven't got a lot of riding in lately.

Old June 28th, 2011, 02:29 AM   #12
algerath
ninjette.org member

I'll send you a pm

With my email so we can exchange contact info to set up rides.
I don't know about the rest of this week, today has the possibility to no suck too bad, but the rest of the week looks pretty rough. I have been trying to get my two friends out on a ride soon also. One of them wants to ride down to a little roadside cafe he likes, I might try to set that up for this weekend if you are interested let me know. It is about 45 min of pretty good riding down there and ends up at a little country cafe/diner.

Old June 28th, 2011, 05:34 PM   #13
ASquared150
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanUc View Post
Nice car btw. Have you raced at Putnam yet? I've been there with a 08 Civic Si and my little Ninjette and it's insane fun. I'd like to get into racing but for now I only have time/money for track days.
Nah I haven't. I'm hoping this year to do some autox around Bloomington. And possibly track days with the ninja as well at some point in the future. But for now I'm just riding as much as possible to gain experience riding/with the bike.

Old September 12th, 2011, 06:52 PM   #14
ASquared150
ninjette.org member

Ok it's taken me a while to get to this but I am finally back in town and ready to ride - actually I need new tires. Have you guys dealt at all with Bloomington Power Sports? Do you think I should go there for tires or Motorcycle Super Store. My rear is literally bald. And it has a screw in it that I must've run over...

Old September 12th, 2011, 07:03 PM   #15
NathanUc
B-Town Ninja

Quote:
Ok it's taken me a while to get to this but I am finally back in town and ready to ride - actually I need new tires. Have you guys dealt at all with Bloomington Power Sports? Do you think I should go there for tires or Motorcycle Super Store. My rear is literally bald. And it has a screw in it that I must've run over...
I've done a lot of business with BPS. They are nice people and do really good work. I got my bike and gear from them, had my 600 mile service from them, and had them install my tires.

The only 'iffy' moment I had with them was when I ordered tires from Moto superstore and had them shipped to BPS (they were listed as a installer). They didn't like that and said I should have just bought tires from them. Tires were cheaper from MSS by about $30 each at the time.

Installation took a little over an hour while I stood around oogling at the 650r.

Anywho, welcome back. What tires are you planning to go with? If you bought from BPS, you'll probably need to special order them and wait a week or so

Old September 12th, 2011, 07:16 PM   #16
algerath
ninjette.org member

I have also dealt with them a lot, with mixed feelings. They are generally good to deal with, but often very high in price and will almost always have to special order everything. I seem to remember the mounting cost was high there also. It might be worth calling revsport and see what they can do on price.

I am planning to order my tires and change them myself over the winter, but i know that is not an optionfor some people.

Old September 12th, 2011, 07:20 PM   #17
NathanUc
B-Town Ninja

Quote:
I have also dealt with them a lot, with mixed feelings. They are generally good to deal with, but often very high in price and will almost always have to special order everything. I seem to remember the mounting cost was high there also. It might be worth calling revsport and see what they can do on price.

I am planning to order my tires and change them myself over the winter, but i know that is not an optionfor some people.
Yeah they were a bit on the pricey side for mounting. I think total it cost about $80-100 to have them installed. It's been a while so I don't remember exactly.

Lately I've been doing all my own work on my bike to save some change. If I had the proper hardware, I'd help you out but I've yet to do my own tires haha. If you ever want any other maintenance done I could give you a hand for free.

Old September 13th, 2011, 01:47 PM   #18
ASquared150
ninjette.org member

Well I decided I probably shouldn't wait on it - bolts in tires doesn't seem like the greatest thing to ride on - so I took it to BPS today. Just got back actually. Rear tire + install (including chain lube and adjustment) was $150. Not bad to me. Maybe a tad pricey but I needed the work done today and they did in about 20 minutes.

Nathan, I appreciate the offer - I'll definitely let you know if I need something done.

Anyway, now that I've got a new tire I'm ready to ride! I've been riding around campus to and from class and I've notice two Ninjas, one red one blue parked outside of Eigenmann hall all the time - do you guys know them? Also the other day I was leaving a lot when another guy on a blue Ninja rode up to park, we chatted for a bit and I got his number to ride in the future. His name's Matt. Looks like we got a gang of Ninjas here.

Old September 13th, 2011, 02:37 PM   #19
NathanUc
B-Town Ninja

Quote:
Well I decided I probably shouldn't wait on it - bolts in tires doesn't seem like the greatest thing to ride on - so I took it to BPS today. Just got back actually. Rear tire + install (including chain lube and adjustment) was $150. Not bad to me. Maybe a tad pricey but I needed the work done today and they did in about 20 minutes.

Nathan, I appreciate the offer - I'll definitely let you know if I need something done.

Anyway, now that I've got a new tire I'm ready to ride! I've been riding around campus to and from class and I've notice two Ninjas, one red one blue parked outside of Eigenmann hall all the time - do you guys know them? Also the other day I was leaving a lot when another guy on a blue Ninja rode up to park, we chatted for a bit and I got his number to ride in the future. His name's Matt. Looks like we got a gang of Ninjas here.

I know about the following Ninjas on campus:

2012 Red/black SE stock (rider won it from that recent event)
2010 Red (outside of Eiganman, hasn't been moved in over a year....)
2008 Red (stock, don't see it around a whole lot)
2010 Red/black SE stock (see this guy parked a lot in Wells/IMU)
2008 Blue (yoshi pipe, bike was really dirty, probably doesn't get out much)
20?? Blue (stock, nice guy; never got his name but he's around campus a lot)
2011 White SE (stock, I've only seen this guy once or twice recently. ATGATT chap though)
2008 Black (guy I met at BPS, never actually seen him on the road, but cool guy)

Old September 13th, 2011, 06:10 PM   #20
algerath
ninjette.org member

150 for the tire mounted is not all that bad. im kind of surprised they had a tire in stock, but good deal.

Nathan, I know an older guy and his son that both have 08 black ninjas. Did his name happen to be Rick or Doug? they are both great guys, but i dont think either really puts a lot of miles on their bikes. I have known both for several years, really terrific guys!!!

Old September 15th, 2011, 10:13 PM   #21
NathanUc
B-Town Ninja

Quote:
150 for the tire mounted is not all that bad. im kind of surprised they had a tire in stock, but good deal.

Nathan, I know an older guy and his son that both have 08 black ninjas. Did his name happen to be Rick or Doug? they are both great guys, but i dont think either really puts a lot of miles on their bikes. I have known both for several years, really terrific guys!!!
Honestly don't remember his name as we only chatted maybe 30minutes at the beginning of summer haha. All I remember was that he bought a used 08 black ninja and rides with a scorpion exo1000 and speed and strength jacket.

Old September 17th, 2011, 08:01 AM   #22
ASquared150
ninjette.org member

So a friend came down for the weekend on his R6 and yesterday we cruised out to Brown County. Did Route 135 for a while through Story, IN. I think it was about a 25 mile stretch we did. All I have to day is DEAR GOD what an awesome ride. I've driven that road a few times in my car and loved it but on a bike on a gorgeous day like yesterday it was on a whole 'nother level.

If you guys haven't made it out there on the Ninja, get to it.

Old October 15th, 2011, 05:33 AM   #23
NathanUc
B-Town Ninja

FINALLY got camera back and made a video of my fav road

Enjoy

Link to original page on YouTube.

Old October 16th, 2011, 09:24 AM   #24
ASquared150
ninjette.org member

Wow man that was pretty intense - looked super fun. Was that Monroe or Griffy you went by?

Old October 16th, 2011, 10:18 AM   #25
NathanUc
B-Town Ninja

Quote:
Wow man that was pretty intense - looked super fun. Was that Monroe or Griffy you went by?
Pretty sure it's Monroe. The roads there are usually deserted and just look beautiful.

Once you learn where the hidden driveways are and the dangerous blind corners, it's a blast.

Old January 6th, 2012, 12:48 PM   #26
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Fast Country Lane Riding

Pretty intense! I'm guessing he knows those roads very well.

Do you think he's putting himself in a lot of danger? There were a few corners where I couldn't imagine him being able to slow down enough if he met a tractor or other wide vehicle. I bet he got a pretty nice adrenalin rush from it though.

I don't think I'd ever ride that fast on roads like that. I want to go to a track day this year: I'd prefer to ride fast in that kinda setting.

akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 6th, 2012, 01:10 PM   #27
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

I don't think he's riding out of control in terms of ultimate speed, but IMO he's rolling the dice many, many times that there won't be a vehicle coming out of any one of those driveways that aren't visible until you're already upon them at these speeds. I was distracted by his shifting, he's slipping the clutch excessively since he's not letting go of the throttle as he upshifts, and yet shifting slow enough that it slips for awhile until it fully engages the next gear. It's hard to wear out a ninjette clutch early, but he's on pace for it.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 6th, 2012, 01:27 PM   #28
miss_syn
my hair matches my bike

Name: Tiffany

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Red 250r

It's aggressive but I think he was slowing down at sections he couldn't see through.

Honestly it looks like very back country and trucks wouldn't be on it.

I would be more concerned about woodland critters and the poor shape the road is in.
miss_syn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 6th, 2012, 02:13 PM   #29
thisisbenji
ninjette.org sage

Name: Benji

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Sold), 2009 FZ6, 2015 Honda Grom

There's a fun road somewhat like that by where I live. The scariest thing for me is the crappy road conditions you never know where gravel is going to be, and I'm scared a deer or something like that is gonna pop out somewhere.
thisisbenji is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 6th, 2012, 02:59 PM   #30
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
If the speedo is in Kilometers he really isn't going that fast. He looks like he is confident and having a blast. The roads reminds me of "NEW" England.

Last futzed with by CC Cowboy; January 6th, 2012 at 05:31 PM.
CC Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 6th, 2012, 03:08 PM   #31
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_syn View Post
I would be more concerned about woodland critters and the poor shape the road is in.
So is @akima, she doesn't wanna get hit by you nutjobs on motorcycles!! can't a poor critter go for a stroll??
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 6th, 2012, 08:35 PM   #32
duckracer
ninjette.org member

Name: Randy

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 1098 and 04 Ninja 250 race bikes

He sure loves the straight parts!!! road isn't very twisty either. Funny to hear him slow so much for those mild corners! It's a Ninja 250...All corner speed baby get off the breaks!!!!!!!!
duckracer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 7th, 2012, 01:10 AM   #33
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
hmm...

commence flaming

we were just cruising

Old January 7th, 2012, 06:28 AM   #34
EsrTek

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): '13 300

what's to flame... oh wait you rode responsibly, how DARE YOU!!!
I bet that mirror gets on ya nerves!!!
EsrTek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 7th, 2012, 08:39 AM   #35
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckracer View Post
He sure loves the straight parts!!! road isn't very twisty either. Funny to hear him slow so much for those mild corners! It's a Ninja 250...All corner speed baby get off the breaks!!!!!!!!
I didn't see anything break!

Old January 7th, 2012, 10:39 AM   #36
94fiveohvert
ninjette.org member

Name: United States

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250r, crf 50

My mirror did that for a couple weeks, finally got fed up with it and found out they can be tightened. there's a piece of sticky foam covering the bolt, tighten it, stick the foam back on and no more folding mirrors at high speeds. Unless you like it, then disregard my post. btw that road is awesome, rnickeymouse on youtube has soo many crash vids of mullholland.
94fiveohvert is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 7th, 2012, 12:03 PM   #37
alex.s
wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
heh. not exactly 94fiveohvert, i lost one of the washers that hold the mirror in place when i took them off for the track in november. without the washer, you can tighten it down all you want, it doesn't lock. since then i've replaced the washer and its fine.

Old January 7th, 2012, 01:54 PM   #38
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

You mean like this fast?

Now commence flaming

Old January 7th, 2012, 01:57 PM   #39
alex.s
wat