ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > New Members

Notices

Old September 20th, 2010, 12:54 PM   #41
Rosie
ninjette.org sage

Name: Rose

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Blue Ninja 250R

Sorry to hear Eddie, but don't let this put you down! You got this! I've been to the same MSF place and most bikes were pretty beat up, my husband who did the class with me ended up with a bike that was also really hard to shift, and he's been riding for a long time (took the class so he didn't have to go through the DMV)! Maybe you got the same one and together with inexperience you were unable to overcome the mechanical difficulty. Next time ask for a different bike. A guy in my class got his exchanged after he crashed against the fence.. and his bike was constantly dying.
You'll do great when you re-test, you'll see. Now you have the advantage of knowing ahead of time what's expecting you so you can prepare
Rosie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 20th, 2010, 04:32 PM   #42
Godzilla35
ninjette.org member

Name: poop

Motorcycle(s): Nike Hyperdunks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
I would think if your particular course bike is giving you mechanical problems, such as shifting, if you make it known during the course, they should allow you some leeway when that particular problem causes you to not complete the exercises as instructed.

Let them know your bike has a problem or ask to switch bikes if it's a problem next time.

Remember, they are not there to fail you, but there to help you learn how to ride and to encourage new riders embark on a safe riding career.
I thought that's what would happen. I did note to my instructor several times this was happening. All he said was "it's probably not wanting to shift because you're going too slow" or something along those lines... but funny thing was it would only shift for me clean at a stop... and even when fully stopped... sometimes only into neutral. Example: 2nd gear... try to downshift ... doesn't work... fully stop... downshift... now in 1st barely or sometimes stuck in neutral. When he told me I failed, I told him why I hesitated on braking for the corner / fully looking / leaning was because I was preoccupied with the turn. You think I should just take the day over again or have a chat with the course boss?
Godzilla35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 20th, 2010, 04:34 PM   #43
Godzilla35
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
Sorry to hear Eddie, but don't let this put you down! You got this! I've been to the same MSF place and most bikes were pretty beat up, my husband who did the class with me ended up with a bike that was also really hard to shift, and he's been riding for a long time (took the class so he didn't have to go through the DMV)! Maybe you got the same one and together with inexperience you were unable to overcome the mechanical difficulty. Next time ask for a different bike. A guy in my class got his exchanged after he crashed against the fence.. and his bike was constantly dying.
You'll do great when you re-test, you'll see. Now you have the advantage of knowing ahead of time what's expecting you so you can prepare
You're totally right. And thanks for sharing that story... it makes me feel a little better. Extra practice def. couldn't hurt. I wish I had a 250 to practice with or at least another 150... experience really helped the other riders I could tell. And I hope I have a better bike next time but they're all pretty beat up.

Old September 20th, 2010, 04:38 PM   #44
kkim

take the course again and look at it at another opportunity to hone your skills for free. I know, I know... the course is long and sometimes boring, but the riding skills portion makes up for the text lesson time.

if you do want to open a complaint against the instructor, I would suggest waiting till you've been through the course a second time. don't want a pissed off instructor on your tail all day long, do you?
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 20th, 2010, 04:39 PM   #45
Rosie
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla35 View Post
You're totally right. And thanks for sharing that story... it makes me feel a little better. Extra practice def. couldn't hurt. I wish I had a 250 to practice with or at least another 150... experience really helped the other riders I could tell. And I hope I have a better bike next time but they're all pretty beat up.
They sure are beat up! If they still have the Ninjette try to hop on that one, the guy that was on it at my class didn't have any issues with it The Honda Shadow I had was decent too (no issues shifting), I think I had # 28 or 27
Also since you cannot practice while you wait for the next class, try to book it as soon as possible, so you're still "fresh" from what you've learned this past weekend

Old September 20th, 2010, 04:49 PM   #46
Godzilla35
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
take the course again and look at it at another opportunity to hone your skills for free. I know, I know... the course is long and sometimes boring, but the riding skills portion makes up for the text lesson time.

if you do want to open a complaint against the instructor, I would suggest waiting till you've been through the course a second time. don't want a pissed off instructor on your tail all day long, do you?
NO, I don't want to complain! my instructors were great! I just want to ask if the shifter issue could be looked as reasoning for my irrational turn last min. But you know what? If it happened on the street, that wouldn't help me (complaining that is). I will use it as a chance to just get more seat time. It's just that it was 7:15 in the morning... Earliest I woke up the whole summer was around 11 am and this place is around 30-40 miles away. So I woke up around 5:45 am every day this last weekend and it nearly killed me.

Old September 20th, 2010, 04:51 PM   #47
Godzilla35
ninjette.org member

Quote:
They sure are beat up! If they still have the Ninjette try to hop on that one, the guy that was on it at my class didn't have any issues with it The Honda Shadow I had was decent too (no issues shifting), I think I had # 28 or 27
Also since you cannot practice while you wait for the next class, try to book it as soon as possible, so you're still "fresh" from what you've learned this past weekend
I'm scared if I move from the 150 to 250, I won't be used to the power. I had a CB125T or 150 whatever... No mirrors, no signals, no brake light, gauges ZIPTIED on crooked... with none of the gauges working haha... but she never stalled! =] #22... revs were so slow though... YEAH i'm going back next weekend. I begged him to let me retest that day during the later session but he said it's against MSF policy. Have to wait till the next weekend.

Old September 20th, 2010, 05:21 PM   #48
scotty
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): Yahama v star 650 classic

Welcome to the site! =)
scotty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 20th, 2010, 05:23 PM   #49
Godzilla35
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
Welcome to the site! =)
thanks scott

Old September 20th, 2010, 07:49 PM   #50
Rosie
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla35 View Post
I'm scared if I move from the 150 to 250, I won't be used to the power. I had a CB125T or 150 whatever... No mirrors, no signals, no brake light, gauges ZIPTIED on crooked... with none of the gauges working haha... but she never stalled! =] #22... revs were so slow though... YEAH i'm going back next weekend. I begged him to let me retest that day during the later session but he said it's against MSF policy. Have to wait till the next weekend.
Ah.. the red ones!! Regarding the "power" of the 250's.. don't worry, the MSF course bikes don't have any power! But if you're more comfortable with the CB150 then go for it, it's probably best to go with a bike you're already familiar with.

Old September 20th, 2010, 09:06 PM   #51
Godzilla35
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Ah.. the red ones!! Regarding the "power" of the 250's.. don't worry, the MSF course bikes don't have any power! But if you're more comfortable with the CB150 then go for it, it's probably best to go with a bike you're already familiar with.
yeah, that's what I figured... although the throttle response didn't help with my low speed maneuvering.

Old September 26th, 2010, 02:00 PM   #52
Godzilla35
ninjette.org member

TO ANYONE WHO CARES!

I PASSED!

WOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

time to save up for a ninja!!! yayyyyyy

Old September 26th, 2010, 02:51 PM   #53
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 26th, 2010, 03:33 PM   #54
Godzilla35
ninjette.org member

Old September 26th, 2010, 03:52 PM   #55
kkim

congrats!

Old September 26th, 2010, 06:10 PM   #56
Rosie
ninjette.org sage

Whoo Hoo!!

Old September 26th, 2010, 10:52 PM   #57
Godzilla35
ninjette.org member

Thanks guys. It's gonna sound like I'm bragging but I'm actually proud of myself. I don't say that often.

I woke up at 5:45 am to go to the first class possible..
I was the first one there and both classes were supposed to be full. I waited anyways and so did my girl friend (my good luck charm obviously), and one person just didn't show up!

It was BLISTERING hot today as my fellow San Diegans know, and my bike was, again, less than optimal running condition. But I made it work, didn't take no for an answer and learned from my mistakes! $@!?#%£*!!!! I can't wait till I go get my official M1 and save for the 250!!!

Old September 26th, 2010, 11:32 PM   #58
Cuongism

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2007 Daytona 675

It was definitely HOT today tomorrow is supposed to be hotter. Great job on the msf! Let us know when you get your bike and we can take group rides when you feel comfortable.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...ight=San+Diego
Cuongism is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 27th, 2010, 11:35 AM   #59
Godzilla35
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuongism View Post
It was definitely HOT today tomorrow is supposed to be hotter. Great job on the msf! Let us know when you get your bike and we can take group rides when you feel comfortable.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...ight=San+Diego
Awesome! sure thing.

Old September 27th, 2010, 03:00 PM   #60
Godzilla35
ninjette.org member

HELP! yes, I'm spamming everyone from SD because I need help...
I finally found a ninja that I can afford, but I don't have a way to transport it.
I just passed my MSF so no license to ride it yet because it's in the mail and the seller has it registered as non-op...

If anyone could help me out, please email me asap kyug35@gmail.com with your number.
I need a truck with ramps / straps.. I'll pay you in gas + beer.
Chula Vista to Carmel Valley area....

Old September 27th, 2010, 03:14 PM   #61
Cuongism

Have you checked out U-Haul yet? I think it's $19.95 for a truck and $24.95 for the trailer with ramp (make sure it has a ramp and the motorcycle chock). I can lend you tie downs if you need, but I drive a 2 door.

Old September 27th, 2010, 03:20 PM   #62
Godzilla35
ninjette.org member

can i attach the trailer to a SUV? how can i get the tie downs off of you?
wanna PM me your contact info? i'll call you after class...

Old September 27th, 2010, 03:46 PM   #63
Cuongism

Any vehicle with a hitch will work with their trailers.

Old September 27th, 2010, 03:57 PM   #64
TeamGreen
ninjette.org member

Name: Keven

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250 Green, 00 R6

Hey OP, been a lurker for a while and joined just to let you know i'd help you out if you haven't lined something up yet. I have ramps and a truck. I'm available tommorow after 1 or any time wednesday. I'm around chula vista too. Let me know...
TeamGreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 27th, 2010, 04:18 PM   #65
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamGreen View Post
Hey OP, been a lurker for a while and joined just to let you know i'd help you out if you haven't lined something up yet. I have ramps and a truck. I'm available tommorow after 1 or any time wednesday. I'm around chula vista too. Let me know...
props to you, Keven, for helping out.

welcome to ninjette.

Old September 27th, 2010, 04:37 PM   #66
Godzilla35
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamGreen View Post
WOW thank you so much... i'll pm you my info, please contact me asap...

Old September 28th, 2010, 11:03 AM   #67
Godzilla35
ninjette.org member

thanks TeamGreen (Kevin)!!!! I picked up my bike this morning!!!

WOO HOO.
I'm on top of the world right now...
2008 Plasma blue!
only 2,2XX on the odo, but needs some work done.
got away at $2,200 flat...

thanks Cuong for the offer to and I hope we ride together some time!

Any SD ninja wrench-heads, let me know if you want to lend some noob advice!

Old September 28th, 2010, 11:25 AM   #68
Cuongism

Congrats! Pics when possible

I have an 08 service manual and a bunch of tools if you need. I've done quite a few things with bikes and cars, but still in no way an expert yet. Let us know what some of the issues are and we can help

Old September 28th, 2010, 02:44 PM   #69
Rosie
ninjette.org sage

Pictures!!!!

Old September 28th, 2010, 04:29 PM   #70
Godzilla35
ninjette.org member

lol... flattering pictures or pics of everything that needs to be fixed? lol...

i'll take some when I have time... biology lab tomorrow, gotta do some hw (as in how to repair the ninja haha).. then I have some homework (real hw)

but so far... with about 10 mins under my belt... i think it's going to be a beautiful beginning

Old October 3rd, 2010, 10:24 AM   #71
Godzilla35
ninjette.org member

check this thread out for pix and some questions if you would be so kind =]

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...623#post220623