ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > New Members

Old June 2nd, 2011, 06:17 PM   #41
Little_Ghost
ninjette.org member

Name: Mo

Motorcycle(s): 2009 SE Green/Black/White Ninja 250R

OMG you guys crack me up. I'm glad I read this right now because this afternoon kinda sucked! Anyway, THANK YOU! Lol.

I had to put new fairings on my bike because like a DUMBASS, I tried to learn to ride it myself and dropped it at a stand still in a parking lot. The right fairing was punched totally through by the front turn signal and there was a lot of scratching.

Since then, I took the WMST endorsement course, got my endorsement, got the Shogun crash kit and the new fairings put on. I had Everett Powersports install the crash kit because it was only $80 and that seemed worth it to me, even though I probably could have done it myself. I put the new fairings on myself though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
you installed a fairing kit yourself? Outstanding!

any pics of the installation process?

care to comment on that kit... quality, fit, dealing with the seller, etc? sounds like a great alternative/solution for those that have crashed/trashed their bikes, if the outcome is positive.
The kit saved my ass, and it's decent quality, but it is not as good as the OEM. I mean, unless you know a lot about Ninja 250s or you installed the fairings yourself, you'd probably never know they weren't the stock ones. I would go ahead and recommend them to someone else that wanted a cheaper option for new fairings. However, it's just not the perfect Lego-fit the originals were and it took some tweaking to make them work. In fact, I'm still not done tweaking.

The website I got them through (see above) was fine. I could see when the order was processed and shipped. From there, they provided me with an EMS tracking number. When I plugged it into the EMS website, it kept saying it was an invalid number, but that it might just be newly processed so to try again in a day. So after a few semi-nervous days of checking, the EMS website finally said it was leaving the warehouse and heading to customs. I was able to see where the package was each day until it left China. At that point, EMS quit updating the tracking. I was happy to get a note on my door saying I could go pick it up a couple days later. From ordering to arrival at my door, it took like 17 or 18 days.

I don't know if the fairings for the 2008 and 2010 fairings are different from the 2009 ones, but the seller's description says "fixing Holes are predrilled for precision fitment." All the major holes are there already, but some adjustments had to be made with the help of my handy dandy dremel. Nothing that you can't make work, but I was surprised it wasn't just ready to go. I didn't take pictures because I didn't plan to share all this or to encounter any difficulties, but I could do some illustrations if anyone needed them. Seriously, it was not very difficult at all. I have zero previous dremel experience and I did it in a couple hours. As long as you have the old fairings to compare to, it's just a game of compare and contrast.

The fairing kit included all new plastics for the bike and they are VERY close to looking like the originals. So now I have some spare pieces, just in case. The paint is about a quarter or a shade more yellowish green, but it is pretty tough to tell. Like I said, you really wouldn't know unless you were very knowlegable or I told you. And if you didn't like the way the new pieces looked against the old ones, you could always just replace everything since the kit contains it all.

The frame sliders fit through the new (and original) fairings perfectly. I hope I wont be needing them, but I figured it was a good investment, considering I just spent a few hundred bucks on the fairings and the shipping of the new fairings.

Overall, I am pretty pleased with how everything turned out.
Little_Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2011, 06:23 PM   #42
kkim

Thanks for the very detailed feedback, Mo. I'll be sure to remember this the next time someone on the board is looking for alternatives.

Bike looks great!

have fun, ride safe
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2011, 06:59 PM   #43
pilotgeorge747
ninjette.org guru

Name: George

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250r 03 Yamaha R6 (Project bike)

Thanks for the recommendation to check this out for replacement fairings as I dropped my bike yesterday. Where did you get the fairings from? i am considering ordering these... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=260711065650 I contacted them and they said the color is the same as the stock Candy Plasma Blue that my 2008 Ninja. Im also looking into adding some sliders. How much were you able to get the slider kit you installed for? I saw an INTUITIVE complete slider kit on ebay for like $150. Thanks for the info!
pilotgeorge747 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2011, 07:21 PM   #44
peachdiddy
Former ninjette rider

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Honda CB1000R

I dropped my 09 SE within the first 3 miles. Thankfully the two cracks can be covered by stickers (and the stickers even made the bike faster ). But if I have another mishap, I'll certainly look into this kit! But your bike looks fantastic. Nice work!

Old June 2nd, 2011, 07:40 PM   #45
jshox
Champion

Name: Jerry

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250r SE

Welcome Mo!
jshox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 2nd, 2011, 10:45 PM   #46
Little_Ghost
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotgeorge747 View Post
Thanks for the recommendation to check this out for replacement fairings as I dropped my bike yesterday. Where did you get the fairings from? i am considering ordering these... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=260711065650 I contacted them and they said the color is the same as the stock Candy Plasma Blue that my 2008 Ninja. Im also looking into adding some sliders. How much were you able to get the slider kit you installed for? I saw an INTUITIVE complete slider kit on ebay for like $150. Thanks for the info!
Sorry to hear you dropped your bike. I must say though, the more I've read people talk about dropping their bikes, the better I feel about it everyday.

I ordered my fairings through DH Gate. Here's the exact webpage: http://www.dhgate.com/fairing-kit-fo...d68822d35.html. It was $438.90 for the set with shipping. I looked at the ones you linked to on eBay, but I ordered the ones from DH Gate just because it seemed like you got more for cheaper. The ones on eBay could be better, could be worse. I really don't know, but I'm happy with mine now that they are in place.

I got my Shogun crash kit for $206.95 from Surfside Moto. Here's the link for that: http://www.surfsidemoto.com/mm5/merc...Category_Code=. You can probably get the kit for a little cheaper somewhere, but it was easy to do it through the Surfside website so that's what I did.

The main reason I went with the Shogun kit is because I read a lot of people on the forums here saying they added them to their bikes successfully without having to cut their fairings at all to make them fit. I also found a pretty in depth DIY on it here for the Shogun kit, which made me more confident in the product.

Good luck and let me know what you decide on and how it goes!

Old June 3rd, 2011, 02:27 PM   #47
pilotgeorge747
ninjette.org guru

Thanks for the info! I checked out that website and messaged them to see if they can get me a match for my Candy Plasma Blue ninja. Also just wondering what their "14 pieces" consists of? I don't really like how they just show the bike with the fairings supposdly installed with no breakdown of the indivdual parts. Almost looks to me (the the ebay audctions) they just stole a picture of a stock ninja lol.

Old June 3rd, 2011, 10:33 PM   #48
Little_Ghost
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Thanks for the info! I checked out that website and messaged them to see if they can get me a match for my Candy Plasma Blue ninja. Also just wondering what their "14 pieces" consists of? I don't really like how they just show the bike with the fairings supposdly installed with no breakdown of the indivdual parts. Almost looks to me (the the ebay audctions) they just stole a picture of a stock ninja lol.
I know! That bothered me about the picture too! Lol. I honestly haven't even gone through the entire package they sent as I didn't need anything except the fairings and windscreen. It's all very well bubble wrapped and I was in a hurry to get my bike back together. It looks like it's an entire set of new plastics. I will have to report back to you. I'm silly, I know.

Old June 4th, 2011, 03:41 PM   #49
rockNroll

Name: rock

Motorcycle(s): black

Mo, the plastics came with the black and white already applied?

Old June 4th, 2011, 07:29 PM   #50
pilotgeorge747
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Ghost View Post
I know! That bothered me about the picture too! Lol. I honestly haven't even gone through the entire package they sent as I didn't need anything except the fairings and windscreen. It's all very well bubble wrapped and I was in a hurry to get my bike back together. It looks like it's an entire set of new plastics. I will have to report back to you. I'm silly, I know.
Ok I look forward to knowing what all it comes with! The seller on that site messaged me and said he could SUPPOSEDLY match my color after I sent him pics of my bike. Although now the listing for that price seems to be taken down for some reason. Just wondering if you know if the seller you got yours from was "niuniuniu685685"? I wouldnt mind very much about color match or even switch the color of my bike completely if it comes with all new panels, but the gas tank would have to be repainted. Thanks again for your help!

Old June 4th, 2011, 08:04 PM   #51
DR1300R
ninjette.org guru

Name: Doyle

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Hayabusa 2009 Ninja 250R

Howdy and welcome..

Old June 4th, 2011, 08:31 PM   #52
Little_Ghost
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockNroll View Post
Mo, the plastics came with the black and white already applied?
Yes, the came looking just as they do in the photo.

Old June 5th, 2011, 09:55 AM   #53
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
The images are definitely fake because the tank color changes even with all their non-standard colors. Then they out-right say that there is nothing to completely changing colors when you feel like it, completely ignoring the tank!

I really doubt they matched any particular red, black, or blue, especially if they didn't quite get Kawi Green right and they don't specify WHICH blue, red, black, etc.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 6th, 2011, 05:47 AM   #54
Little_Ghost
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Ok I look forward to knowing what all it comes with! The seller on that site messaged me and said he could SUPPOSEDLY match my color after I sent him pics of my bike. Although now the listing for that price seems to be taken down for some reason. Just wondering if you know if the seller you got yours from was "niuniuniu685685"? I wouldnt mind very much about color match or even switch the color of my bike completely if it comes with all new panels, but the gas tank would have to be repainted. Thanks again for your help!
I think I will be at our storage unit today, which is where the rest of the fairing kit is, so I will check and see what all is in there. As for the seller, yes, it was niuniuniu685685. IF none of the ones on DH Gate show the blue, I wouldn't try to see if they could color match. There is just too much distance between here to China to feel comfortable with them getting it right and if it shows up and it's not what it's supposed to be, you'd be shipping it back and waiting a long time for your money back.

Also, keep in mind, I only put the side fairings back on and that was a bit of a hassle. I'd be a bit worried about having to do the entire bike all at once. Just frustrating and time consuming. The longer it was between my spill and when I started riding again, the more nervous I got about riding.

If the ones on eBay are showing the blue that you want, I would spend the extra couple bucks and go with them.

Old June 6th, 2011, 08:27 PM   #55
pilotgeorge747
ninjette.org guru

Little Ghost did you check out the other pieces today? I think I may just go with the one on ebay since the picture appears to be the same blue as stock. Kinda scared to gamble $500+ on it tho! Only other easy/semi-cheap option I can go with is get one of the other colors and repaint my tank or buy a tank that matches.

Old June 7th, 2011, 07:00 PM   #56
Little_Ghost
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Little Ghost did you check out the other pieces today? I think I may just go with the one on ebay since the picture appears to be the same blue as stock. Kinda scared to gamble $500+ on it tho! Only other easy/semi-cheap option I can go with is get one of the other colors and repaint my tank or buy a tank that matches.
Yes! I did check it out today and all the pieces are there (besides a tank cover of any kind). I think the eBay option might be the easiest for you. Is there any chance you could send it back if for some weird reason it wasn't right? If you go with the eBay one, you will have to write a review.

Old June 7th, 2011, 07:24 PM   #57
pilotgeorge747
ninjette.org guru

I think I may go with OEM parts from a dealer here ordered online and picked up there so I dont have to pay for shipping. My biggest issue is the side fairings as the left has MANY scratches and a crack from my drop. The right fairing as well as the others on the bike are scracthed from the previous owner. The side fairings are about $230 each. The front cowling is like $183 but I think the 2 scratchs that are about 1 inch long on the left side MIGHT be able to be repaired for less than that price. Also the scratches on my rear fairings can prolly be fixed but if not those are $50 each side. So if I just go with the 2 main fairings its gonna be about $460 and worst case I replace everything is like $700. This way it will be an EXACT paint match and direct replacement. The ebay thing is a real gamble because if it isnt right then you can return it but you pay the return shipping to CHINA! Not to mention I have been reading horror stories of paint match/quality issues, fitment almost never being exact, and melting/cracking issues.

Hopefully I can spend the $460 on the side fairings and find someone to do the touchup paint for the other areas for about $100. That would be about the same price as getting the ebay crap shipped and staying all OEM.

Old June 7th, 2011, 07:37 PM   #58
Little_Ghost
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I think I may go with OEM parts from a dealer here ordered online and picked up there so I dont have to pay for shipping. My biggest issue is the side fairings as the left has MANY scratches and a crack from my drop. The right fairing as well as the others on the bike are scracthed from the previous owner. The side fairings are about $230 each. The front cowling is like $183 but I think the 2 scratchs that are about 1 inch long on the left side MIGHT be able to be repaired for less than that price. Also the scratches on my rear fairings can prolly be fixed but if not those are $50 each side. So if I just go with the 2 main fairings its gonna be about $460 and worst case I replace everything is like $700. This way it will be an EXACT paint match and direct replacement. The ebay thing is a real gamble because if it isnt right then you can return it but you pay the return shipping to CHINA! Not to mention I have been reading horror stories of paint match/quality issues, fitment almost never being exact, and melting/cracking issues.

Hopefully I can spend the $460 on the side fairings and find someone to do the touchup paint for the other areas for about $100. That would be about the same price as getting the ebay crap shipped and staying all OEM.
Well, I'm sure if you get the OEM parts, you can sleep soundly about it all. Make sure you get those frame sliders to go with though - wouldn't want to go through all this again anytime soon because of a small slip.

Old June 7th, 2011, 08:43 PM   #59
pilotgeorge747
ninjette.org guru

Yeah I'm gonna get the shogun kit for sure! Another reason I don't wanna go with the eBay fairings is the seller I was going to get them from can't guarantee they will get here til the middle-end of July. The OEM fairings should take a week at the most prolly. I hope to have my bike all ready to go by the time I'm back in riding shape (2-3 weeks HOPEFULLY)!

Old June 8th, 2011, 06:03 AM   #60
Little_Ghost
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Yeah I'm gonna get the shogun kit for sure! Another reason I don't wanna go with the eBay fairings is the seller I was going to get them from can't guarantee they will get here til the middle-end of July. The OEM fairings should take a week at the most prolly. I hope to have my bike all ready to go by the time I'm back in riding shape (2-3 weeks HOPEFULLY)!
Yes! Right on! I was off my bike way too long after I dropped it. It's just not good to be off of it for a long time after a slip I think. At least not for me. I built the bike up in my mind, thinking it was so heavy and was a little afraid of it. Once I started actually riding it again, it was like, "Oh wait. This is fine." Lol.

Glad to hear you are getting the Shogun kit. I felt so pissed and upset when I dropped my bike, but now I feel like it's cool because I can help other people who have dropped theirs.

Old June 16th, 2011, 03:17 PM   #61
pilotgeorge747
ninjette.org guru

Well I went ahead and bought new fairings from the stealership. My biggest complaint is that for $230 each fairing you'd think they would come with everything. But noooo its just the fairing itself. No inner padding or heat shield, no new ribber coated nuts that attach at the upper cowling, not even the "Ninja" decals! I checked and the padding is like $40 each side and the heat shield like $30 each side. So I'll just try to carefully remove it from my old fairings and glue them back to my new ones. The nuts cost almost $4 each and the decals are over $20 EACH. I think I will look around online to find a close match to the "Ninja" decals.

Old June 16th, 2011, 03:55 PM   #62
whiteboy
ninjette.org member

Name: justin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 blue ninja 250r

Some1 here makes cheap good decals and can also custom make u 1 I think. I'd try him first( forgot the name).

Old June 16th, 2011, 09:46 PM   #63
pilotgeorge747
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
Some1 here makes cheap good decals and can also custom make u 1 I think. I'd try him first( forgot the name).
I guess I'll seach around here then. Hopefully he can make a close replica to the OEM decals as just about all I see on ebay don't have the dripping paint look as the OEM "Ninja" decals.

Old June 17th, 2011, 10:20 AM   #64
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

Name: Jae

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha YZF R6 Anniversary "Yoshiko" 2007 Honda CBR600RR "Katsumi"(SOLD) 2010 Ninja ZX-2R "JADE" (RIP)

hey Lil Ghost welcome!
Nice bike! as for dropping it, dont sweat it, everyone drops their first bike at some point. i highsided mine going about 40mph into a turn. luckily i did minimal damage to the bike and myself. the bike needed a turnsignal replaced and has a couple scratches that i need to hit w touchup paint. the rt handlebar bent just slightly but enuff to bother me knowing it was a new bike so i replaced it cheap w a bar from a local salvage yard. the turn signal gave me an excuse to switch to flushmount signals which i just received from a guy (CThunder-blue) here on the forums who crafted custom plug and play kit that is awesome. (he also does decals/stickers for the guy who needs em)
as for myself i luckily just twisted my ankle and got a lil roadrash on my knee. honestly i barely felt the pain because i was more concerned w the well being of my bike lol.

anyway, great looking bike (and your pretty easy on the eyes urself ;P)
welcome!

below is a pic of the new flushmount signal installed and u can see the scratches on the fairing i need to touch up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0617010126.jpg (55.9 KB, 7 views)

Old June 17th, 2011, 05:40 PM   #65
Little_Ghost
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaol1n Monk View Post
hey Lil Ghost welcome!
Nice bike! as for dropping it, dont sweat it, everyone drops their first bike at some point. i highsided mine going about 40mph into a turn. luckily i did minimal damage to the bike and myself. the bike needed a turnsignal replaced and has a couple scratches that i need to hit w touchup paint. the rt handlebar bent just slightly but enuff to bother me knowing it was a new bike so i replaced it cheap w a bar from a local salvage yard. the turn signal gave me an excuse to switch to flushmount signals which i just received from a guy (CThunder-blue) here on the forums who crafted custom plug and play kit that is awesome. (he also does decals/stickers for the guy who needs em)
as for myself i luckily just twisted my ankle and got a lil roadrash on my knee. honestly i barely felt the pain because i was more concerned w the well being of my bike lol.

anyway, great looking bike (and your pretty easy on the eyes urself ;P)
welcome!

below is a pic of the new flushmount signal installed and u can see the scratches on the fairing i need to touch up
Thank you. I'm glad you were alright from your crash. I know I would be freaking out more about my bike than myself if that happened to me too. I'm still trying to decide on turn signals. The flush mounts look nice, but seem less safe since they aren't quite as visible. What I really want is some slicker, more geometric looking led ones that are not flush mount. Oh and it would be nice if they were easy to install. Haven't found anything like that yet.

Old June 17th, 2011, 07:44 PM   #66
pilotgeorge747
ninjette.org guru

Shaol1n Monk-Thanks for the info on the guy with the decals!

Lil Ghost-I feel the same way about the flush mounts not being as visible from the front as the stock but seeing how I damaged one of mine and didnt want to spend the money on a crappy OEM replacement I found this video on youtube of a guy who installed flush mounts. They appear to be just as visible as the stock lights and visible from the side more than stock, so I ordered a set online. They should be here next week and when I go to put my bike back together I will be putting them on. The guy goes into A LOT of detail on the wiring (the easiest part IMO) and not enough detail on the actual mounting (the most important part). Anywhere heres the link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcQV-UilehA

Old June 18th, 2011, 12:03 AM   #67
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha YZF R6 Anniversary "Yoshiko" 2007 Honda CBR600RR "Katsumi"(SOLD) 2010 Ninja ZX-2R "JADE" (RIP)

Quote:
Thank you. I'm glad you were alright from your crash. I know I would be freaking out more about my bike than myself if that happened to me too. I'm still trying to decide on turn signals. The flush mounts look nice, but seem less safe since they aren't quite as visible. What I really want is some slicker, more geometric looking led ones that are not flush mount. Oh and it would be nice if they were easy to install. Haven't found anything like that yet.
i wondered that about the flushmounts as well, but honestly they are bigger and brighter than the stock signal and the aftermarket short stalk LEDs i had on there prior. and replacing them is easier than you would think. i had no experience modding bikes and i watched a youtube tutorial and it was really pretty easy. theres also a couple DIY's on here too. for the flushmounts w the plug in ends i didnt even have to take off my fairings, the connector was right there when i pulled off the black side panels.

Old June 18th, 2011, 12:05 AM   #68
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

hahaha! hey pilotgeorge that is the same video i watched to learn how to swap signals!

Old June 18th, 2011, 12:14 AM   #69
jezebel
ninjette.org member

Name: Canada

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaol1n Monk View Post
i wondered that about the flushmounts as well, but honestly they are bigger and brighter than the stock signal and the aftermarket short stalk LEDs i had on there prior. and replacing them is easier than you would think. i had no experience modding bikes and i watched a youtube tutorial and it was really pretty easy. theres also a couple DIY's on here too. for the flushmounts w the plug in ends i didnt even have to take off my fairings, the connector was right there when i pulled off the black side panels.
Not sure if this is up your alley, but I managed to wipe my right turn signal out, and I'm going to replace them with flushmounts AND integrated turn signal mirrors.

They look pretty sweet and it seems like they'd guarantee visibility! This is what I've been looking at: (ebay) http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...ht_5153wt_1139

Just a thought!
jezebel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 18th, 2011, 11:08 AM   #70
Little_Ghost
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezebel View Post
Not sure if this is up your alley, but I managed to wipe my right turn signal out, and I'm going to replace them with flushmounts AND integrated turn signal mirrors.

They look pretty sweet and it seems like they'd guarantee visibility! This is what I've been looking at: (ebay) http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...ht_5153wt_1139

Just a thought!
Thanks! I think this is exactly the solution I was needing. I didn't even think of integrated ones. Awesome!

How'd you wipe the signal out?

Old June 19th, 2011, 10:31 AM   #71
jezebel
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Thanks! I think this is exactly the solution I was needing. I didn't even think of integrated ones. Awesome!

How'd you wipe the signal out?
..on the first day riding her after I brought her home, I came off the highway exit that was at a slight curve. When i came over the bend I saw people had braked rather sharply, so without thinking of the curve I slammed on my rear and front brakes, locked up my back tire, skidded about 4ft, then went down lowside. Bike slid another 10ft or so, into oncoming traffic, and the right signal, right fairing and front fairing all paid the price.

Thankgod I was wearing gear because my leather got a few nice tears, meaning my skin was saved.

So, next on the list is a crash kit, and integrated mirror turn signals because I think they look sexy as hell. I'm going to add the flushmounts too so there isn't a hole - and hopefully they'll play nice and I'll have 3 sigs on each side. If not, they make nice decoration even if they don't light up

Old June 19th, 2011, 10:29 PM   #72
Little_Ghost
ninjette.org member

Quote:
..on the first day riding her after I brought her home, I came off the highway exit that was at a slight curve. When i came over the bend I saw people had braked rather sharply, so without thinking of the curve I slammed on my rear and front brakes, locked up my back tire, skidded about 4ft, then went down lowside. Bike slid another 10ft or so, into oncoming traffic, and the right signal, right fairing and front fairing all paid the price.

Thankgod I was wearing gear because my leather got a few nice tears, meaning my skin was saved.

So, next on the list is a crash kit, and integrated mirror turn signals because I think they look sexy as hell. I'm going to add the flushmounts too so there isn't a hole - and hopefully they'll play nice and I'll have 3 sigs on each side. If not, they make nice decoration even if they don't light up
Sucks you put her down, but now that's over with and you're alright so that's good.

Now that you gave me the idea, I want to do the same thing with my signals. Seems like the perfect solution. I know I will not be satisfied unless all six work though. I'm way too obsessive to just let them be. Lol. I'm sure some of the talented people on this site will be able to walk us through it.

What sliders did you decide you are going with? Did you replace your right fairing?

Old June 20th, 2011, 11:12 AM   #73
jezebel
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Sucks you put her down, but now that's over with and you're alright so that's good.

Now that you gave me the idea, I want to do the same thing with my signals. Seems like the perfect solution. I know I will not be satisfied unless all six work though. I'm way too obsessive to just let them be. Lol. I'm sure some of the talented people on this site will be able to walk us through it.

What sliders did you decide you are going with? Did you replace your right fairing?
I'm going to eventually replace it, but I figure Im still a noob and may just damage it again (knowing me) as soon as it's replaced. I looked at your comments about aftermarket fairings, because I was thinking of doing that instead of OEM, but since I read that they don't quite fit properly, I'm not sure. If I see someone selling the OEM parts for cheap, I'll jump on it.

I actually wrote a post on my website about sliders. I didn't want to, but I'm going to go with Shogun. It's either that or Lightech. They're just the safest it seems, though I was speaking to a guy who owns a motorsports store and he mentioned something completely different than what anyone else ever said - he said the ones you drill a hole into the fairing are actually the safest. Less stress points, bolts straight to the engine.. it's food for thought. I haven't bought any of those things yet because I'm totally broke. But the list of mods I want to do to my bike is long and heavy. We should compare, you might give me some ideas of what to do to my girl just like I popped the mirror signal idea to you

Old June 20th, 2011, 04:39 PM   #74
Little_Ghost
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I'm going to eventually replace it, but I figure Im still a noob and may just damage it again (knowing me) as soon as it's replaced. I looked at your comments about aftermarket fairings, because I was thinking of doing that instead of OEM, but since I read that they don't quite fit properly, I'm not sure. If I see someone selling the OEM parts for cheap, I'll jump on it.

I actually wrote a post on my website about sliders. I didn't want to, but I'm going to go with Shogun. It's either that or Lightech. They're just the safest it seems, though I was speaking to a guy who owns a motorsports store and he mentioned something completely different than what anyone else ever said - he said the ones you drill a hole into the fairing are actually the safest. Less stress points, bolts straight to the engine.. it's food for thought. I haven't bought any of those things yet because I'm totally broke. But the list of mods I want to do to my bike is long and heavy. We should compare, you might give me some ideas of what to do to my girl just like I popped the mirror signal idea to you
Yeah I heard that about the other styles of sliders being better for the bike at higher speeds, but at low speeds, the Shogun kit should be fine. If I put it down at a high speed, I'm expecting damage. I just didn't want to risk damage to the fairings if I dropped it again at a stop. For my purpose, I'm happy with the Shogun kit. I really didn't want to cut the fairings.

I am glad I went with the aftermarket fairings now. Everything turned out great. No one even knows I dropped it at all. But it would have been easier to do the OEM. No doubt.

I haven't got any super fancy mod ideas yet, but I definitely have a list too.

Old June 21st, 2011, 02:18 PM   #75
ducducgooseit

Name: ...

Motorcycle(s): ...

Welcome to the 250 party.
ducducgooseit is offline   Reply With Quote