ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): None yet, yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaubideux View Post
Before:
[IMG]http:/mg31.imageshack.us/img31/6705/17004718988388769382510.jpg[/IMG]

After:
that's pretty inspirational. i would have never guessed that was the same person lol
Heed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 21st, 2011, 10:28 PM   #42
Heed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalC View Post
I haven't played anything in a while. I have a wii with every game imaginable but can't find the time. I played little big planet on ps3 at a friends house recently though and it was a blast. I quit wow (again) this past January but I'm REALLY getting the itch again. The wait for Diablo 3 is killing me. I might re-up wow just for a month. I couldn't be less interested in the new expansion though.
haha, that game is addicting as hell. it's crack in CD format. If I could measure addiction, I'd put it just below cigarettes. but maybe thats just me.

I really don't know how i managed to quit within 1 attempt..I uninstalled and literally cracked my CD's in half because I knew those days were done. I haven't played in years, but I still watch PvP on Warcraftmovies.com pretty often and I still know the game mechanics like the back of my hand. it's like i'll never forget it

fantastic game but I do not recommend it.
Heed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 22nd, 2011, 12:21 AM   #43
CynicalC

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

Hah every time I "quit" I back up the game folder on an external drive. It can take almost an entire day to reinstall the game from scratch with all the expansions, updates and patches. The game mechanics have changed tremendously since you've probably last played. Stats and ratings have been rebuilt, the talent trees are all different, skills and cooldowns have been reworked, buffs and debuffs, healing, pets, glyphs... I've been out for under a year and I would almost be lost logging in tomorrow. Even more so after the next patch. >_<

Old November 22nd, 2011, 05:45 AM   #44
reaubideux
Perpetual Newb

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2010 MIB Ninja 250R [sold]; 2006 CBR600RR [sold]; 2013 Triumph Street Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heed View Post
that's pretty inspirational. i would have never guessed that was the same person lol
Thanks. Friends/family never believe me when I tell them I play xbox and walk at the same time (still do, every day pretty much) they just can't get how I don't fall off all the time. It ain't difficult.
reaubideux is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 30th, 2011, 09:30 PM   #45
Heed

Ugh guys.

I got the itch for a good MMORPG and SWTOR is looking like it could be pretty damn good. It looks like the WoW of Star Wars.

Old November 30th, 2011, 10:16 PM   #46
CynicalC

Yeah another game that I've been hearing about forever...

Old March 5th, 2012, 08:45 PM   #47
NikkitaNinja
ninjette.org guru

Name: Tyler

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250 *Nikkita* - 2003 Buell XB9R

The [OFFICIAL] Gaming discussion thread

Decided to start this up and see how many of our fellow motorcyclists are gamers as well!

I myself have been an avid PC gamer all my life; ever since my older brother got me hooked on my first PC game; Counter Strike Source. He has built computers all his life and I am starting to as well and him and I have just been gamers since the beginning.
I've always been an FPS fan and recently getting into some pretty good single player RPG's like Portal/2, Kingdoms of Amalur, Mass Effect etc. Previously I was more geared towards MMO's but just got tired of the constant grind, trying to be better than everyone else, having the best gear, and every one of them being the same game basically.
Definitely some of my all time favorites have been Portal, Mass Effect (just got into it), Left 4 Dead, TF2, Battlefield 3 and a few others.

What kind of games do you play?

What platform do you play on?

What are your favorite games of all time?

What do you look for in a new game?

etc etc...DISCUSS!
NikkitaNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2012, 10:06 PM   #48
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Howdy! Should I merge it with this thread?

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=68162

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2012, 10:10 PM   #49
ajcadoo
Towster ['__'`,-,

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Green Ninja 250 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Howdy! Should I merge it with this thread?

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=68162
A gamertag thread is definitely different from an overall GAMING THREAD!

I think we should keep these split up.

I own a 360 and PS3. I only play Call of Duty. Its all I have time for unfortunately . Usually only play on a PS3.

Here is a commentary of a recent MW3 game I played: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOYSNINavQQ
ajcadoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2012, 10:35 PM   #50
NikkitaNinja
ninjette.org guru

Name: Tyler

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250 *Nikkita* - 2003 Buell XB9R

Please keep them split up, as they are indeed two completely separate topics, one for people to share SN's, another for discussing the games and peoples thoughts themselves, thanks
NikkitaNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2012, 11:44 PM   #51
leed
ninjette.org sage

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): Time will tell

360.. I pretty much only play MW3. If I feel like delving into motorsports I whip out Forza 3. I should buy Forza 4...
leed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 6th, 2012, 03:22 AM   #52
Domagoj
ninjette.org guru

Name: Domagoj

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r 2009

I play games on PC. Back in the days one even had to know something to make stuff work. It has changed much, but I still prefer PC because I am convinced it is a more powerful and universal tool which has many uses beyond gaming.

All types of games. But in general I avoid simulations of any kind - be that driving, riding, flying, shooting... I believe a degree of arcade should be present in every game.

Best of all times? The impossible question! Maybe, in no particular order: UFO Enemy Unknown (x-com 1 in US), Starcraft, Half Life 1 & 2 and all extra missions, Morrowind, Mass Effect, LBA 1&2, Myst, Bloodlines, The Longest Journey 1&2, Diablo 2...
This is too many. I can't narrow it, each of those has something that makes them amazing. And then there are those I didn't mention which deserve to be there. But maybe the first 3 are the most complete.

I look for good story, atmosphere, sounds, music, voices, texts, immersion, detail and diversity over multiple playthroughs if it is adventurous type of game. I noticed that graphics does not really mean that much.

Performance, good controls, challenge, tactical options and multiple solutions if it is an action game.

I am also very grumpy and difficult to please.
Domagoj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 6th, 2012, 04:19 AM   #53
CynicalC

Always been a gamer. Grew up on NES, SNES, and Genesis. I had well over 100 cartridges between the 3 of them. Then I switched to PC. Had a 286 first, then a 486. And countless junk computers until I started building my own maybe 10 or 12 years ago. Played all the old Myst games, Monkey Island, Kyrandia... Then in jr high I was pretty heavy into GTA, GTA2 and Diablo. Spent plenty of time with all the sim city games and roller coaster tycoon, and resident evil though. Lots of other cool games too like Incoming, Moto Racer and Rocket Jockey.

Then I guess I switched back to consoles for a while. n64 first, then playstation. Mario64, Goldeneye, and Mariokart. Then it was all about Tomb Raider, Vigilante 8 & twisted metal... Lots and lots of time invested in all the Tony Hawk and Matt Hoffman pro games. I remember when I started playing PS games, I was mad that I had wasted so much time with n64.

Then along came PS2. This console consumed my life for a very long period of time. Between Final Fantasy X and then SOCOM... I wouldn't even want to calculate the hours that they consumed. It would literally add up to weeks. At the time, I was in one of the top rated clans on US servers. Then SOCOM 2 dropped and I couldn't keep up. I think that's when I played the hell out of GTA 3 and Vice City.

And then it was back to PC for a couple years wasted with Lineage 2, and then a couple more years wasted with WoW. And just about every other mmo in between. (Aion, Allods, Rift) Not to mention all the weekend lan parties. Serious sam, halo, unreal tourney, quake, L2, CS & lots of CSS.

That was then. Now... I have a girlfriend :P I still try to find time for gaming. Skyrim is really the last hype game I've played, and I got in on the Diablo 3 beta - which I can't wait to play when it comes out... In between work and "everything else."

So yeah, I was a gamer.

Old March 6th, 2012, 09:03 AM   #54
AznJoJo
ninjette.org Bunny

Name: Jojo

Motorcycle(s): none, cuz i'm a loser.

I used to play L4D2 on PC all the time. The community kind of left so now I don't play as much. I did try Portal 1 and 2 and like them a lot. Otherwise I haven't played much of anything.

I thought about joining Starcraft 2, but I haven't really played any strategy games and fear the ridicule of being a newbie, haha. =/
AznJoJo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 6th, 2012, 09:32 AM   #55
leed
ninjette.org sage

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): Time will tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznJoJo View Post
I used to play L4D2 on PC all the time. The community kind of left so now I don't play as much. I did try Portal 1 and 2 and like them a lot. Otherwise I haven't played much of anything.

I thought about joining Starcraft 2, but I haven't really played any strategy games and fear the ridicule of being a newbie, haha. =/
I miss L4D. I never bought the new one, but I played the first through Steam an incredible amount in 2009/2010, but I mainly played with people I knew. I think I played L4D2 a couple times, but none of my friends bought the new one so I never did.

As for Starcraft 2, I haven't played it yet (though I own it), but I used to play the first Starcraft (waaaay back when). B.net is a relatively adaptable place. But if all else fails, I personally thoroughly enjoyed campaign. It's a fair amount of time to play through. If you do end up playing on B.net, just don't play an RUSH games. They are, though, a good way to practice how quickly you grow and produce, though. Once you play FPS, you really slow down in real-time strategy, or at least I did.
leed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 6th, 2012, 09:48 AM   #56
Meltoff
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Blue)

I'm an Avid PC gamer (I own a PS3 but hardly play it), built my own rig about 2 years ago and got into overclocking, and I'll play just about anything, and I am currently enjoying Heroes of Newerth, Dota 2, BF3, Shogun Total war 2, Mass Effect, EvE, and anything else I feel like choosing from (I have an embarrassingly large steam library) But I play just about every genre even though I'm not the best Starcraft player out there. I play at least one game of Heroes of Newerth every evening with friends, and usually a bit of BF3. I used to be a hardcore MMO player, the only subscription I have now is for EvE Online.

I really want to play a new MMO, because I love the group dynamics and the coordination involved to complete some challenges, and I hope the Guild Wars 2 can fill that space for me.

I am I huge fan of open world RPG's and Sandbox MMO's so one of the things I tend to look for in a game is that kind of freedom to change the environment, and I am a sucker for the Post Apocalyptic genre (Fallout)

My favorite game in recent Memory was Metro 2033, it's an FPS set in Post Apocalyptic Russia, and it plays like a survival game. The immersion is what really made the game in my eyes, you always feel like it's a struggle to survive, not like you are some sort of unstoppable super soldier, and unlike other games that shove morality in you face via points (cough Bioware) Metro feels fluid to the point you don't even notice. That being said, the game is not for everyone. It is a beautiful game, but even on the best hardware it can run poorly, and also there are times where it can be brutally difficult.
Meltoff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 6th, 2012, 01:40 PM   #57
lc86
ninjette.org guru

Name: Samual

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (RIP)

Well, I own a PS3 but I have yet to play a game on it. I was planning on using it more, but since steam had such great deals over the holidays I stocked up on PC games for ultra cheap. I think my favorites are the fallout series (3 and new vegas), the max payne series (3 comes out soon), the Sam and max series, the hitman series, the GTA series, both portal games, Limbo was awesome, and the mass effect series. In fact, I am waiting for ME3 to get here today so I can finally play it :-)
lc86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 6th, 2012, 06:41 PM   #58
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

You're not a real PC gamer unless you've played games on 5.25" floppy disks.

Karateka- one of my favorites when I was playing on the school computer back in the early 80s. I think it was even a pirated version because the disk didn't have a real label. haha. Beats the heck out of frogger any day.

Old March 6th, 2012, 08:11 PM   #59
CynicalC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CThunder-blue View Post
You're not a real PC gamer unless you've played games on 5.25" floppy disks.

Karateka- one of my favorites when I was playing on the school computer back in the early 80s. I think it was even a pirated version because the disk didn't have a real label. haha. Beats the heck out of frogger any day.
Hah I left that out. Those old 5.25" floppy games were legit. I think I remember that karate game too, after you beat the level you'd shoot through the ceiling into the next level. And you'd eventually have to put in disk 2.

Old March 6th, 2012, 08:54 PM   #60
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

I loved Karetaka!

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 6th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #61
LoD575
ninjette.org sage

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 2006 Ninja ZX6R-636

I'm an avid PC gamer unless it's family gaming time which is on the Wii.

I've touched about every genre of games available but mostly play RPG's, MMO's, and RTS's.

Most enjoyable games for me over the years have been Wing Commander series, Unreal Tournament, Elder Scrolls series, Dawn of War series, EQ/EQ2, SWG, PlanetSide, EvE, Fallout series, Freelancer, and Neverwinter Nights series.

I remember drooling over the graphics and story of Wing Commander and Elder Scrolls: Arena when they were released.

SW:TOR was such a let down for me.

Looking forward to PlanetSide 2 and Guild Wars 2.
LoD575 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 7th, 2012, 01:02 AM   #62
CynicalC

The only console I've owned since ps2 is a wii. And I'll be honest, there are a lot of fun games. But not a single one is as fun as little big planet on ps3.

Old March 7th, 2012, 08:19 AM   #63
AznJoJo
ninjette.org Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalC View Post
The only console I've owned since ps2 is a wii. And I'll be honest, there are a lot of fun games. But not a single one is as fun as little big planet on ps3.
I LOVE LBP! Such a fun game. I wished I was creative enough to make a level though...

Old June 30th, 2012, 02:05 AM   #64
Joesauce
ninjette.org member

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250 ninja SE

Lets get this thread going again >.> I'm a huge nerd, love to game!!

Old June 30th, 2012, 03:03 AM   #65
ponypowered92
ninjette.org member

Name: Charlie

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcadoo View Post
A gamertag thread is definitely different from an overall GAMING THREAD!

I think we should keep these split up.

I own a 360 and PS3. I only play Call of Duty. Its all I have time for unfortunately . Usually only play on a PS3.

Here is a commentary of a recent MW3 game I played: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOYSNINavQQ
I too play PS3 and really only play MW3. The only two games i even really own right now are MW3 and L.A. Noire. I'm a pretty big gamer myself. I just rented Ghost Recon and have been playing it for a couple days.

Old July 1st, 2012, 11:34 AM   #66
Joesauce
ninjette.org member

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250 ninja SE

Ive been playing LoL alot. A little future soldier here and there and of course halo lol.

Old July 2nd, 2012, 01:45 PM   #67
AznJoJo
ninjette.org Bunny

I think I want to try Diablo 3. Anyone play that?

Old July 2nd, 2012, 02:40 PM   #68
EvilPooMonkey
ninjette.org guru

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 :)

Quote:
I think I want to try Diablo 3. Anyone play that?
if you want a good fun game to play with friends then i would try it... but if you played other diablos and have expectations... just play torchlight 2 :P
EvilPooMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 2nd, 2012, 05:35 PM   #69
AznJoJo
ninjette.org Bunny

I have torchlight 1. That was kind of fun, but I did wish that you could play with other people. I think that's in torchlight 2 right?. It's just that I know people that play Diablo 3 and torchilight is nil.

Old July 2nd, 2012, 07:09 PM   #70
EvilPooMonkey
ninjette.org guru

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 :)

then by all means Diablo 3 it up i enjoy the game immensely just dont have the time to beast it :/ DONT ROLL MELEE LOL
EvilPooMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2012, 02:38 PM   #71
Monkeytofu
I told you bro

Name: Noor

Motorcycle(s): 1996 Ninja 250r

Anyone play max payne 3? I just finished 1 and 2 and I'm going to start 3 today or tomorrow. Max payne 2 had a really great ending, hope the third game continues off on the same tone.
Monkeytofu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2012, 02:52 PM   #72
Stingray1000

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Metin 2 = Free game but pay for extra's for the WOW users type of Game
Need for Speed world for racers
Combatarms.nexon.net free for the COD fans
And the old Hitman Games are my favorites.
Wave rider for the N64 oldie but goody.
Stingray1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2012, 03:14 PM   #73
xSean13

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

Most of my time gaming is playing Diablo 3 now (and FIFA 12 at night with my club - xbox 360), though I have tons of games.

I have over 3,000 hours on CSS (mostly competitive), but haven't played it since the last LAN tournament.

BF3 is great too, ARMA 2 (looking forward to ARMA 3). As a student pilot...I have a Saitek x52 pro joystick & the flight sims, and lots of WW2 combat games like IL2 Sturmovik.
xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2012, 03:19 PM   #74
edxmon
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R (SOLD - 2/16/2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSean13 View Post
Most of my time gaming is playing Diablo 3 now (and FIFA 12 at night with my club - xbox 360), though I have tons of games.

I have over 3,000 hours on CSS (mostly competitive), but haven't played it since the last LAN tournament.

BF3 is great too, ARMA 2 (looking forward to ARMA 3). As a student pilot...I have a Saitek x52 pro joystick & the flight sims, and lots of WW2 combat games like IL2 Sturmovik.
Love IL2, waiting for Birds of Steel to drop in price.

Old July 26th, 2012, 04:34 PM   #75
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:

Nothing wrong with being stuck in bronze league forever!
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2012, 05:58 PM   #76
Little Green Machine
Love my kittehs!

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R SE

Ok, so this should REALLY date me, My first console was an Atari 2600, had almost every game for it too. Remember thinking it was hyway robbery to have to pay $29.95 for a new title.

Moved on up from there to TI-99/4A and started programming my own stuff, then moved to PC's. First was an 8088 with a massive 32 KB hard drive! It was back then i mean. Progressed to 286, 386 and so forth.

Built my own rigs up until the Pentium 3's and figured out to keep up with it, I was plopping down lots o' money, so I kinda backed off.

Changed over to consoles again with the NES, PS1 and PS2, then XBOX. Now it's all XBOX360 because every time a new title comes out for the PC, I have to upgrade my video card it seems, and if the title is 40 bucks, and the card is 150 or more, then 60 dollars for a console game doesnt seem so steep!

Old July 26th, 2012, 07:14 PM   #77
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
^ Precisely why I went overkill on my GPU lmfao
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2012, 09:51 AM   #78
Ptdoughnut
ninjette.org guru

Name: Mason

Motorcycle(s): 12 250r (sold), 2014 ZX6R

the new Intel I7 6 core should be a hefty price as well.

Skyrim
CSS
Halo3 (since its the only game my girlfriend wants to play)
Minecraft

Those are my base games I play frequently.

Old July 27th, 2012, 10:18 AM   #79
Little Green Machine
Love my kittehs!

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R SE

Halo Reach
Batman Arkham Asylum
MW3
Medal of Honor
Portal 2
Gears or War Judgement(When it comes out)
Halo 4 (when it comes out)

Old July 28th, 2012, 03:40 AM   #80
Monkeytofu
I told you bro

Name: Noor

Motorcycle(s): 1996 Ninja 250r

Finished Max Payne 3. Honestly not worth more than 10 or 15 dollars. Everything was amazing BUT the game play. It was like they just took gears of war and threw some bullet time on it. Nothing like the first Max Payne games.

Also it frustratingly difficult (in a cheap way) since it's auto save only and you often come into the game at an area where you get gunned down almost instantly.
Monkeytofu is offline   Reply With Quote