ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old November 25th, 2011, 03:38 PM   #1
caphilli
ninjette.org member

Name: Chad

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki ninja 250r

Thoughts on this exhaust? - DELKEVIC

Let me know what you think about this exhaust and if any of you have it. Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-250...ht_4450wt_1348
caphilli is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2011, 05:20 PM   #2
evi1joe
ninjette.org member

Name: jOE

Motorcycle(s): none yet (getting a 250R)

Why does it say, "not intended for road use," right above A picture of it installed on a road bike? Implying it's just for the track?
evi1joe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2011, 05:28 PM   #3
jdoucet93
ninjette.org sage

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2009 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by evi1joe View Post
Why does it say, "not intended for road use," right above A picture of it installed on a road bike? Implying it's just for the track?
Because technically, in almost every state in the U.S., it is against the law to make any modification to your vehicle's factory exhaust system. So any aftermarket muffler is illegal and they have to put that to protect themselves in case someone were to be ticketed for using their product.

Anyway, It looks nice. And great price.

Edit: If you have an OEM muffler, go read the little in-laid writing on it.
jdoucet93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2011, 05:33 PM   #4
Cazper
ninjaholic

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): 09' SE 250R (sold), 03' ZX-6R, 99' XL1200C SP

Not my particular taste because I don't care for stainless (I'm a carbon guy) but the price is great I wonder what the sound is like
Cazper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 25th, 2011, 07:41 PM   #5
jdoucet93
ninjette.org sage

For a few dollars less, you can always go with the titanium danmoto. The internals are exactly the same as their carbon slip on, and the JISU slip on. Just a different shell. I have the carbon fiber one. And it sounds AMAZING. Pretty loud but not enough to get you in trouble. That may be another option for you.

Old November 26th, 2011, 12:40 PM   #6
caphilli
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoucet93 View Post
For a few dollars less, you can always go with the titanium danmoto. The internals are exactly the same as their carbon slip on, and the JISU slip on. Just a different shell. I have the carbon fiber one. And it sounds AMAZING. Pretty loud but not enough to get you in trouble. That may be another option for you.
Is this what you have??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GP-Carbon-Ex...ht_5249wt_1114

I'm looking for something that won't kill my wallet but will make my bike a bit louder.

Old November 26th, 2011, 01:14 PM   #7
jdoucet93
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by caphilli View Post
Is this what you have??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GP-Carbon-Ex...ht_5249wt_1114

I'm looking for something that won't kill my wallet but will make my bike a bit louder.
Yepp that's the one. But its much much cheaper directly from dan moto. So I would definitely get it from them.

It really sounds great. Very deep.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Old November 26th, 2011, 01:53 PM   #8
caphilli
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Yepp that's the one. But its much much cheaper directly from dan moto. So I would definitely get it from them.

It really sounds great. Very deep.

Link to original page on YouTube.

NICE! Yea, that does sound good. I read somewhere that you have to drill a hole for the 02 sensor or something along those lines. Did you have to do that or just put it on and you were good?

Old November 26th, 2011, 01:56 PM   #9
caphilli
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Just to confirm: Is this it?

http://www.dan-moto.com/zx-250-r-nin...1gssq7frugcte7

Old November 26th, 2011, 06:17 PM   #10
jdoucet93
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
NICE! Yea, that does sound good. I read somewhere that you have to drill a hole for the 02 sensor or something along those lines. Did you have to do that or just put it on and you were good?
Nope. Just unbolt the old can and slip this one on. The only modification that had to be made was the hole in the strap that holds it to the passenger peg had to be drilled out slightly to fit the bolt on the bike. But other than that it was truly bolt on and go.

Quote:
yes, thats the one.

Old November 27th, 2011, 01:14 AM   #11
caphilli
ninjette.org member

Quote:
yes, thats the one.
Alright well I got it. Cost around $120... Shipping was either $40 or $80... Not sure why, but o well. It's mine now!

Old November 27th, 2011, 07:17 AM   #12
NDspd
1/4 English, 3/4 Kick Ass

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Triumph Speed Triple 955i, '05 Suzuki SV650S(retired), '11 Ninja 250R(sold)

Wow an $80 exhaust slip-on, how does this compare to other ones? Quality, sound, durability, easy to install???
NDspd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 27th, 2011, 07:50 AM   #13
jdoucet93
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Alright well I got it. Cost around $120... Shipping was either $40 or $80... Not sure why, but o well. It's mine now!
Awesome! Just a little tip in advance, install the little coupler or "mid-pipe" as they call it before you slip it onto the can. Then, with the coupler on the bike, get the can positioned just the way you like it and mark it with a sharpie. Then pull both pieces off the bike, assemble them and reinstall. The reason for this is because these two pieces simply slip together it is an extremely tight fit. And if the exhaust tip is pointed the wrong way when you are done, It is a massive pain in the ass to separate the two pieces. Ask me how I know....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDspd View Post
Wow an $80 exhaust slip-on, how does this compare to other ones? Quality, sound, durability, easy to install???
Ease of install: I give it about an 8 out of 10 simply because of what I stated above and because the strap that it comes with has to be drilled out slightly.

Durability: I just got back from over a 1000 mile trip with my bike and this exhaust and it still looks brand new. It shines nicely when washed as well.

Sound: A good friend of mine has a two bros slip on that he paid well over $400 for and as soon a he heard and saw this, he sold his two bros and bought this exhaust. Its about the same volume as the two bros but its much deeper. that's the only side-by-side comparison I have.

Quality: All parts a very well made, all the welds are absolutely perfect. The finish over the carbon fiber is really nice.

Oh yeah, and in case you were curious, the stock muffler weighs a little over 17 pounds. this one weighs 1.5.

Old November 27th, 2011, 07:56 AM   #14
NDspd
1/4 English, 3/4 Kick Ass

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Triumph Speed Triple 955i, '05 Suzuki SV650S(retired), '11 Ninja 250R(sold)

Quote:
Awesome! Just a little tip in advance, install the little coupler or "mid-pipe" as they call it before you slip it onto the can. Then, with the coupler on the bike, get the can positioned just the way you like it and mark it with a sharpie. Then pull both pieces off the bike, assemble them and reinstall. The reason for this is because these two pieces simply slip together it is an extremely tight fit. And if the exhaust tip is pointed the wrong way when you are done, It is a massive pain in the ass to separate the two pieces. Ask me how I know....

Ease of install: I give it about an 8 out of 10 simply because of what I stated above and because the strap that it comes with has to be drilled out slightly.

Durability: I just got back from over a 1000 mile trip with my bike and this exhaust and it still looks brand new. It shines nicely when washed as well.

Sound: A good friend of mine has a two bros slip on that he paid well over $400 for and as soon a he heard and saw this, he sold his two bros and bought this exhaust. Its about the same volume as the two bros but its much deeper. that's the only side-by-side comparison I have.

Quality: All parts a very well made, all the welds are absolutely perfect. The finish over the carbon fiber is really nice.

Oh yeah, and in case you were curious, the stock muffler weighs a little over 17 pounds. this one weighs 1.5.
That's all good news to me man, thanks for the help. I guess I have to save up and get this one.

Plus now that I think about it, I can get my saddle bags to finally fit, since the stock exhaust was too long.

Thanks again!!!
NDspd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 29th, 2011, 11:02 AM   #15
WOTurtle
ninjette.org member

Name: Ian

Motorcycle(s): 09' 250 ARRRRRR

Does anyone have a picture of that delkevic on their bike?
Posted via Mobile Device
WOTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 29th, 2011, 11:18 AM   #16
rusninja
Ninjette wanabe :D

Name: Ruslan

Motorcycle(s): white 300 :D

on the ebay page theres a pic with a 250

Old November 29th, 2011, 11:28 AM   #17
evi1joe
ninjette.org member

Name: jOE

Motorcycle(s): none yet (getting a 250R)

isn't this it? (or do they sell full exhausts too)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFWtGgKeqS0
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Xvs7KZWCrY
and
maybe more here:
https://www.google.com/search?q=%22d...EMuTtwfqzciUAg
evi1joe is offline   Reply With Quote