Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Group Rides and Local Events

Old August 31st, 2012, 03:02 AM   #121
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Name: Brett

Motorcycle(s): 2007 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Woot!!!! you know the rules of groups. Just take roads at a sane speed so that no one gets left behind. I know these will be new roads for me, so I'll be keeping my throttle in check, but you know the basics; braking/signaling in advance, staggering, checking back for the rest of the group, etc.
Yeah, and remember to give each other room in case of emergency (as in don't ride next to me or I'll take off ahead of you ). Just don't push too hard because even though last time it looked pretty clean, there's always a possibility of dirt/gravel. I almost went down a few weeks ago at night because of dirt and it was scary not being in control. Plus after something like that you always have that feeling in the back of your head that something could be on the road and it's a hard fear to rid of. Just saying that so everyone has a good time yet stays safe. But if you want to up the pace in some of the turns go on ahead and once you get to an intersection/long straight just slow down for others, that's what usually happens when I ride with someone. If you guys want, I can write down the route numbers we'll be going on in order and you can tape it to your tank or keep it in a pocket so you have a general idea.
nautica is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 31st, 2012, 11:09 AM   #122
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
That sounds like a plan. You're only able to get ahead of me in a straight line and you know it

jk, it's all new road to me. I'm not doing anything dumb.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 31st, 2012, 11:55 AM   #123
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica View Post
If you guys want, I can write down the route numbers we'll be going on in order and you can tape it to your tank or keep it in a pocket so you have a general idea.
I like this idea. I'll bring painters tape so we can all tape it to our tanks without doing damage. I do that all the time so I can have directions.

Old August 31st, 2012, 12:35 PM   #124
jarnar591
ninjette.org member

Name: Johnny

Motorcycle(s): 2007 ninja 250r

Hey guys sorry I'm not on here much. But I would be down for Saturday. I'm paintballing Sunday so I wouldn't be able to go then. As far as what I understand is we are meeting at the gas station in kent around 8:30 Saturday, filling up and leaving by about 8:45 then?
jarnar591 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 31st, 2012, 01:04 PM   #125
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Quote:
That sounds like a plan. You're only able to get ahead of me in a straight line and you know it

jk, it's all new road to me. I'm not doing anything dumb.
Ha, I'm still sketchy at times going into some unfamiliar turns since I had my run in with the dirt/sand, so maybe you could pass me! Plus you're technique is probably more 'proper' than mine since your track day, which is why I can't wait to hit the track. I've watched TOTW2 and read Total Control but until I need more practice in a safe area, meadows ave. isn't the greatest for pushing yourself with gravel and tar snakes everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarnar591 View Post
Hey guys sorry I'm not on here much. But I would be down for Saturday. I'm paintballing Sunday so I wouldn't be able to go then. As far as what I understand is we are meeting at the gas station in kent around 8:30 Saturday, filling up and leaving by about 8:45 then?
Yeah meet at the Sheetz around 8:30 to meet and gas up then hit the road around 8:45. Do you guys want to head home on 77N or find an alternate route?

Old September 3rd, 2012, 01:25 PM   #126
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
We did well guys!! we didn't get lost, and stayed mostly off the freeway! It was a great scenic route with some twisty stuff, but since Brett and I didn't know the roads well, we just took it as a sporty cruise and enjoyed the ride.

I just wish those sports cars didn't get in the way, they were in the way on the only tight 180 degree uphill turn, and we were right on their oil burning butts

Overall, great route, Brett is a great group leader, and we had a good safe ride without any rain! We definitely need to get some more riders in on our next ride.

Old September 5th, 2012, 01:14 PM   #127
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Definitely a good route even though it was slightly modified ha. Lots of nice roads (and some questionable ones) with good scenery as well. And the road with those cars we were behind would've been some of the best on that route but it happens. Weather pending I'm gonna do the route again this weekend or next.

PS: We did get poured on for a few seconds close to home!

Old September 5th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #128
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
It was a mile max

Just enough to make me tuck in behind my windscreen.

Old September 7th, 2012, 07:12 PM   #129
Felipe the Ant
ninjette.org sage

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R SE GREEN!

damnit

Old September 7th, 2012, 10:16 PM   #130
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Dude, where have you been??? Your bike looks great now that it's been cleaned btw.

Old September 8th, 2012, 07:51 AM   #131
Felipe the Ant
ninjette.org sage

I've been right here, yeah and it runs a lot better that I've cleaned the carbs too. I haven't been on ninjette much though, you should give me a call next time you guys are riding

Old September 8th, 2012, 08:51 AM   #132
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Yeah I will next time.

at least your carbs will work right now!! better than this: *crankcrankcrankcrankcrankcrankcrankcrank... crankcrankcrankcrank put put put putputputputputputput*

Old September 8th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #133
Felipe the Ant
ninjette.org sage

Haha yeah but with more pops

Old September 10th, 2012, 01:54 PM   #134
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Anyone else get out this weekend? It was pretty much a wash except part of sunday, but I was able to do the route I posted a couple posts back, the same one I did last week with @choneofakind without much issue, just a little rain at the beginning and it was cold.

Old September 10th, 2012, 03:39 PM   #135
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
That route is rainy, I'm telling you!

Old September 10th, 2012, 04:40 PM   #136
codestp202

Quote:
Anyone else get out this weekend? It was pretty much a wash except part of sunday, but I was able to do the route I posted a couple posts back, the same one I did last week with @choneofakind without much issue, just a little rain at the beginning and it was cold.
Pick a day, I may be able to go.

Old September 11th, 2012, 02:58 AM   #137
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Quote:
That route is rainy, I'm telling you!
It only rained for about 5 minutes outside of Ravenna, and then it was sunny skies until I got near Atwater Lake. Oh, and I took the 'right' way on our route and went to rt.39 that we missed and it was a pretty good road, but the road conditions kind of sucked since the pavement was cracked everywhere and fairly bumpy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codestp202 View Post
Pick a day, I may be able to go.
I'm actually going back that way again this saturday morning if I get the chance. It's a fun way to kill a morning/noon and overall nice, but I have a different route we can check out that neither Chris or I have seen.

I'm going to make a modified version of this since if we did it as is, we'd be gone a good 7 1/2 hours easy without really stopping ha. If you're down @codestp202 let me know how long you want to be out.
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=S...,15,18&t=m&z=9

Oh, and I've almost put 2k miles on the 600 in a little over a month.

Old September 11th, 2012, 04:24 AM   #138
Racer x

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
Hey Ohio riders. Sorry for the thread jack but if you are looking for a ride destination and riding near Wilmington Ohio on September 29-30.

. The Eact Coast Timing Assocation will be holding speed trials on the 2 mile long airport runway. In addition to the regular land speed racing. Throttle Nation Magazine will be holding the annual fastest streetbike in America contest. There are six classes 600 to unlimited and with power adders.
It cost like 10 or 20 bucks to get in for the weekend. And the cars and bikes are worth checking out. It is like a rolling car show. I will be there also testing my nitrous.
For information check out www.ecta-lsr.com
See ya there

Old September 11th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #139
codestp202

Quote:
It only rained for about 5 minutes outside of Ravenna, and then it was sunny skies until I got near Atwater Lake. Oh, and I took the 'right' way on our route and went to rt.39 that we missed and it was a pretty good road, but the road conditions kind of sucked since the pavement was cracked everywhere and fairly bumpy.

I'm actually going back that way again this saturday morning if I get the chance. It's a fun way to kill a morning/noon and overall nice, but I have a different route we can check out that neither Chris or I have seen.

I'm going to make a modified version of this since if we did it as is, we'd be gone a good 7 1/2 hours easy without really stopping ha. If you're down @codestp202 let me know how long you want to be out.
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=S...,15,18&t=m&z=9

Oh, and I've almost put 2k miles on the 600 in a little over a month.
7 1/2 hours

Old September 12th, 2012, 02:57 AM   #140
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by codestp202 View Post
7 1/2 hours
Ha me and Chris were out for 6-6 1/2 hours few weeks ago, it's not bad if you take a break once and awhile. But I don't intend on doing that full route just parts of it so let me know how long you want to ride and I'll come up with something.

Old September 12th, 2012, 08:50 PM   #141
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
It wasn't as long as I was expecting. The breaks helped a ton.

Old September 13th, 2012, 02:56 AM   #142
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Saturday is supposed to be nice so anyone interested in riding this saturday morning let me know. If I don't hear from anyone by friday afternoon I'll assume I'm on my own, or if you aren't on here much but are interested pm me.

@codestp202 you in?

Old September 29th, 2012, 11:27 AM   #143
Sapper
MSF Instructor

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300, 2010 Yamaha WR250R, 2008 CBR600RR

I lived in Youngstown for a long time...I will be moving back to Columbus soon and my Dad lives in Ashland and I have friends in Boardman so I will be in the area and would love to roll with some other 250s/300s

Just picked up a 300 and am enjoying it more than my 600RR
Sapper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #144
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Sounds great! I don't make it that far south on the ninjette, but we can do a longer ride again some time and you can meet up with us

Welcome back to winters.