ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Group Rides and Local Events

Old April 26th, 2013, 09:48 AM   #81
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Quick list of some things along the way if anyone is interested in a quick stop for photo ops ect... I am in no rush to get anywhere, just as long as we reach our destination before 5pm for sure which should not be a problem.

Stops in MD, nothing really overly interesting as far as i am concerned so lets keep to the pavement and make some headway

In PA, we will go past a Bison Farm, sometimes they are right next to the road which is kind of cool.
There is a large windmill farm we will ride through
We will either ride past, or a mile or so from Flight 93 memorial if anyone is interested in stopping
On the way back we will ride past Blue Knob ski resort, one of higher peaks in PA, the lodge is at the top so we could ride up to the top for a quick stop and scenic view.
There is some other local historic stuff that no one probably cares about so i guess that is about all of the interesting things i can think of... for now.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 26th, 2013, 10:41 AM   #82
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
There is a large windmill farm we will ride through
On the way back we will ride past Blue Knob ski resort, one of higher peaks in PA, the lodge is at the top so we could ride up to the top for a quick stop and scenic view.
damn that sounds sick with the windmill, and we should definitely ride to the peak on the way back
Sirref is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 26th, 2013, 01:30 PM   #83
MistahT
ninjette.org member

Name: Matthew

Motorcycle(s): 2012 FZ6R, 2006 Ninja 250, 1977 Suzuki GS550

Late to the party, but if you don't mind an FZ6R and a Ninja 650, my buddy Joe and I can probably make it work. Looks like you don't have a hard date on the books yet.

Btw, if you really wanted a bigger group, I could probably find 2-4 friends of mine to ride.
MistahT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 26th, 2013, 04:30 PM   #84
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahT View Post
Late to the party, but if you don't mind an FZ6R and a Ninja 650, my buddy Joe and I can probably make it work. Looks like you don't have a hard date on the books yet.

Btw, if you really wanted a bigger group, I could probably find 2-4 friends of mine to ride.
You and Joe are definitely welcome. Will be a good time. Not looking for a big group. Figuring i will get 12 odd people that are interested and hopefully 5-8 that actual commit but as i stated i am cool if only 2 other people want to go will be a great ride regardless.

I really want to try and make the early June dates work that have been suggested.

Old May 3rd, 2013, 09:48 AM   #85
nycsteve
Biker

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 SE

June 8th is a no go for me.

June 15th works though, unless my job happens to give me a boat load of extra work.

So 15th it is?
nycsteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 3rd, 2013, 10:55 AM   #86
Fappy
ninjette.org guru

Name: Stephen

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 650R, 2008 Ninja 250R (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
June 8th is a no go for me.

June 15th works though, unless my job happens to give me a boat load of extra work.

So 15th it is?
Haha 15th is a no go for me, but the 8th works. Maybe we need to find another weekend entirely. Or go without me
Fappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 3rd, 2013, 11:04 AM   #87
nycsteve
Biker

I vote go without you...

Old May 3rd, 2013, 11:09 AM   #88
MistahT
ninjette.org member

Name: Matthew

Motorcycle(s): 2012 FZ6R, 2006 Ninja 250, 1977 Suzuki GS550

Quote:
I vote go without you...
"Ninjette.org - The FRIENDLIEST motorcycle forum on the internet"
MistahT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 3rd, 2013, 11:11 AM   #89
nycsteve
Biker

ok ok.... I vote, we go without you, but compensate by sending you pics of the event as souvenirs?

Old May 3rd, 2013, 11:27 AM   #90
Fappy
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
ok ok.... I vote, we go without you, but compensate by sending you pics of the event as souvenirs?
Haha. Well... I'll agree IF you change the "souvenir" you send me to be "your bike". Much better than a picture. Then I'm cool with it!

Old May 3rd, 2013, 02:44 PM   #91
allanoue
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
roshambo
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 3rd, 2013, 03:30 PM   #92
BlueHairSar
ninjette.org sage

Name: Sarah

Motorcycle(s): Silver 2005 Ninja 250 - Available for free mustache rides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fappy View Post
Haha. Well... I'll agree IF you change the "souvenir" you send me to be "your bike". Much better than a picture. Then I'm cool with it!
Interesting, my first thought of what a "souvenir" might be went to come of the comments that Ryan Chin made...

P.s. there's the slightest of possibilities I could do the 8th, but I wouldn't hold your breathe for it. I'll have already moved away by that point, and I need to come back for a job that opens on the 13th, but I was planning to drive for that one... who knows.

Old May 3rd, 2013, 04:02 PM   #93
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
id like to stick with the june dates. But there could be another fall ride it the summer one works out well.

Old May 6th, 2013, 07:45 AM   #94
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
Ill be in PA this weekend and will be able to find out if our June days work for staying at the place. I can't imagine there will be any schedule conflict though.

Old May 25th, 2013, 03:14 PM   #95
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
People that have shown interest, @Fappy @nycsteve @Sirref @MistahT @Z-Trob @Bob2010 @Miles_Prower Sorry for the delay on getting back to everyone. So today i talked everything over with everyone and I have the cabin booked for the weekend of June 8th. I know some people could not do the 8th and that some could not do the 15th so i just kind of blindly picked the 8th and figured the 15th could be a potential rain delay date.

So now that we have a date set in stone and an alternative if weather is utter crap that weekend lets get a list of people that are coming.

Please just post and say you are coming and please let me know where you intend to meet the group. Meeting spots are as follows, MD people can meet us either in Frederick or Thurmont, Potentially Hagerstown. PA people you can meet us in Thurmont, Hagerstown, or Breezewood. If Thurmont is a reasonable point for PA people i suggest you meet us there as there are some good roads from their on the way to hagerstown and then some before breezewood.

From Breezewood we will continue as a group to the destination and decide what to do with the rest of our time.

Ready GO!

P.S. anyone coming from more eastern MD can meet me before Frederick, and if no one is interested in meeting in Frederick i will bypass it and cut the corner to Thurmont up 75 i believe

Last futzed with by subxero; May 25th, 2013 at 05:25 PM.

Old May 25th, 2013, 04:30 PM   #96
allanoue

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Do you have a rough timetable for start and end

Old May 25th, 2013, 05:15 PM   #97
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
Start time is flexible. Only thing is I am thinking it would be nice to get to the destination on Saturday before 3pm. Straight shot it would take me 3hrs, so with the non highway twisties and stops to meet people it will take over 4hrs.

Would be nice to be in Breezewood before 1pm so that would mean even people in phili would not have to get started on the road until 9:30ish at latest. If people are up for it I would like to be in Breezewood by 12 meaning people from phili would have to be on the road by 830ish give or take.

As i stated earlier i am not responsible for planing other peoples routes to meet the group. It is up to you to get to one of the meeting points at the time we decide on in the end.

People please give your opinions on when we would like to get to Breezewood as this will be the absolute final meeting point keep in mind how long it will take you to get there from your destination.

Once we get and idea at what time we will have everyone together at breezewood i can estimate the other meeting times at the other locations to give everyone an idea when they would have to leave their place.

My time line is as follows not knowing who is coming yet. I leave my place ~ 50min to Frederick, ~ another 25 min to Thurmont. If i meet someone in Frederick add 20min.

Meet people in Thurmont, add 15min. ~ 1hr 45 min to Breezewood.

So at most it should take Me ~3hrs and 35min to get to Breezewood meeting people in both Frederick and Thurmont. Meaning i leave at around 8:30am to be in Breezewood at 12pm. That sounds pretty reasonable time to start.

Sorry for the thinking out loud

Old May 25th, 2013, 05:17 PM   #98
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
I said in a previous post, If people want they can leave whenever, they do not have to stay Saturday night if they do not want to, but again they are responsible for themselves and plans. People that stay the night, we can either do an AM ride around area meet back for lunch at cabin then leave for home. Or we could just leave in the AM anytime and head home. I am flexible

Old May 28th, 2013, 06:56 AM   #99
Fappy
ninjette.org guru

Ok. Sorry for the dumb question, but could you try to map it out on google (I know you did it before, but I can't seem to find the link. I might be blind xD)

Post up the link for the latest planned route, and as long as I know the expected departure times I should be able to meet with you guys Saturday morning.

Old May 28th, 2013, 07:02 AM   #100
Fappy
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Ok. Sorry for the dumb question, but could you try to map it out on google (I know you did it before, but I can't seem to find the link. I might be blind xD)

Post up the link for the latest planned route, and as long as I know the expected departure times I should be able to meet with you guys Saturday morning.
Nevermind. Upon closer inspection I found it.
http://goo.gl/maps/koo0x

If this is still the route and if you're departing in the afternoon I should be able to meet with you somewhere. This route is really far from me (coming from philly area) but I want to see what I can do.

Old May 28th, 2013, 07:09 AM   #101
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
^ Sounds good to me

For MD people I'm thinking the route up would be something like this.
http://goo.gl/maps/k47BJ

not to exact location but close.

This is the scenic route, time says 3hr 20 min but its not right. probably closer to 2.5 hrs to 2.75hrs

Could always cut out some of the backroads and do more highway to save time but i guess the point is to ride and have fun, not get there in a hurry.

Obviously some short stops along the way to stretch the legs ect...

Another thing, once at the cabin, there would be tools and a garage if anyone had mechanical problems that needed addressed.

More to come, feel free to ask questions, this could be a very enjoyable time in the making.

Joe

Old May 28th, 2013, 07:56 AM   #102
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Nevermind. Upon closer inspection I found it.
http://goo.gl/maps/koo0x

If this is still the route and if you're departing in the afternoon I should be able to meet with you somewhere. This route is really far from me (coming from philly area) but I want to see what I can do.
Yeah Philly is not close but this should be a nice relax ride... for the most part There is one section i am excited about tearing up. And you won't be pressed to turn around and head home same day. Everyone is welcome to stay Saturday night out at the cabin, bikes in secure garage, again cabin is more like a house in the woods. It will be a very relax setting, figure have a few beers that night around camp fire roast some wieners and shoot the **** before we all crash... for the night I was hoping to have my dirtbikes up there to play around on but my 250 is in pieces still as i decided to replace a lot of stuff upon further inspection.

From philly, depending on where you are in philly i see it you have two options the best time wise probably being that you head for Breezewood. Meet us there, You could take turn pike the whole way there ~ 3hrs if you are good at dealing with boredom. Other option is get up super early ride 2hrs and meet me just west of Baltimore then do the whole route from MD.

Hopefully some other people who showed interest pop up here and verify that they are going and there might be someone close by you or on the way you could meet up with so you didn't have to do the whole philly to breezewood leg alone

Old May 28th, 2013, 08:46 AM   #103
Sirref
Private Joker

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
I'll be in either fredrick or northern harford county so I'm not sure where I would be able to meet up with you. I'm in though, just need to get my new non-balding tires lol

Old May 28th, 2013, 09:30 AM   #104
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

Name: Rahul

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R (RIP), 2011 ZX-6R

I may possibly leave from Mechanicsburg and meet you guys in Thurmont. Then make the trip out to Breezewood, peel off, and return back here.

Other option is to ride out to the Philly area, and join Fappy for the ride over and then back to Mechanicsburg. I'm fine either way, 5 hour rides are child's play
Miles_Prower is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 28th, 2013, 09:51 AM   #105
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post
I'll be in either fredrick or northern harford county so I'm not sure where I would be able to meet up with you. I'm in though, just need to get my new non-balding tires lol
If you are in frederick county that is easy, meet us in Thurmont. If you are in Norther Harford, you could either meet me just west of Baltimore, or Maybe head north to meet someone up that direction coming from Philly area.

Old May 28th, 2013, 09:52 AM   #106
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles_Prower View Post
I may possibly leave from Mechanicsburg and meet you guys in Thurmont. Then make the trip out to Breezewood, peel off, and return back here.

Other option is to ride out to the Philly area, and join Fappy for the ride over and then back to Mechanicsburg. I'm fine either way, 5 hour rides are child's play
The Thurmont to Breezewood leg should be good, lots of nice roads and there will be at least one decent stint on the highway 70

Old May 30th, 2013, 01:04 PM   #107
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
To everyone once again that showed interest. @Fappy @nycsteve @Sirref @MistahT @Z-Trob @Bob2010 @Miles_Prower I guess i am looking for a 100% positive head count for the weekend of Saturday the 8th. It seemed most people were flexible on the date as far as the 8th or the 15th except for Fappy who said he could not make the 15th.

Something rather important has just come up for me (setting up job interview) And i am thinking of switching the ride date to the 15th to make scheduling the interview easier as long as it does not hurt the turn for the ride because i am really looking forward to it. So as of right now it does not look like to many people are 100% go yet

So lets see who is 100% go for the 8th, and who is 100% go for the 15th and i will weight the pros and cons.

Sorry for the last minute uncertainty

best,
Joe

Old May 30th, 2013, 01:14 PM   #108
nycsteve
Biker

I, for sure, cannot do the 8th.

I'm a maybe for the 15th. I have a something on my schedule for that day as well, but it looks to be falling through. If so, I'm in for the 15th. Will update as the date gets closer.

Old May 30th, 2013, 01:44 PM   #109
Fappy
ninjette.org guru

Understandable. I still for sure cannot do the 15th, but the 8th I should be fine to meet up with Miles_Prower and join up for a portion.

Old May 30th, 2013, 11:47 PM   #110
Sirref
Private Joker

MOTM - Mar '14
I can do one or the other but once i'm off one weekend (waiter) I can't get off the other so a quick decision is preferred

Old May 31st, 2013, 05:50 AM   #111
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
Weather looks good for the weekend of 8th so far
http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail8/USPA0148

Old May 31st, 2013, 06:18 AM   #112
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
Sticking with the 8th, my interview is scheduled for this coming Wednesday so all is go for the 8th and it seems like that is working for most people except NYsteve who unfortunately can't make that date.

Old May 31st, 2013, 11:58 PM   #113
Sirref
Private Joker

MOTM - Mar '14
and unfortunately it would seem that my engine has blown...I have the shop checking it out tomorrow but I'm not exactly filled with hope

Old June 1st, 2013, 07:52 AM   #114
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
^ tough break, good luck with it

Old June 3rd, 2013, 06:08 AM   #115
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

Name: Rahul

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R (RIP), 2011 ZX-6R

I'm good for either. June 8th it is. Slight chance of thunderstorm..but very little. Can't wait!
Posted via Mobile Device
Miles_Prower is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 4th, 2013, 08:00 AM   #116
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
Everything is still on for Saturday, But it seems like no one has confirmed that they will do the whole trip. Just Miles Prower and Fappy seem to be definite and will only be doing the Thurmont to Breezewood leg of the journey... which is going to be a good stretch.

I'm Still planning on doing the whole trip even by myself, it will be a good ride either way. I might be able to get someone else i know to do the trip but not 100% sure yet. I will txt them today.

It seems like a lot of the Maryland riders that used to be on the forum quite a bit have been sparse ill see if i can dig up some people that might be interested

As far as weather, like Miles said, looks like slight chance of thunder storms but the weather from eastern PA or MD to destination is generally completely different and unpredictable. I anticipate good weather.

Old June 4th, 2013, 08:04 AM   #117
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
Some people that showed interest early on i have not seen around much lately
@rmorse @MXSteve89 @scorch

Ill mention @tnr4 - if you are interested in joining up for a leg or the whole trip let me know. I can always come across MD and meet you near gaithersburg, Germantown where ever you are and head up to thurmont from there.

Old June 4th, 2013, 08:21 AM   #118
nycsteve
Biker

Quote:
... As far as weather, like Miles said, looks like slight chance of thunder storms but the weather from eastern PA or MD to destination is generally completely different and unpredictable. I anticipate good weather.
If Miles is going, EXPECT A DOWNPOUR.

Old June 4th, 2013, 08:29 AM   #119
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
Well if so at least it seems like not many people will have to suffer through it.

Old June 4th, 2013, 06:16 PM   #120
tnr4
ninjette.org sage

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki GSX650F! Past: Kawasaki Ninja 300 (Sold); Triumph Street Triple (Sold); Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sold)

Hey Joe,

Yeah, unfortunately I knew I wouldn't be able to go this weekend. I'm doing the ToughMudder! But we should definitely get more riding in later this summer.
tnr4 is offline   Reply With Quote