ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Group Rides and Local Events

Old October 29th, 2010, 10:10 AM   #121
Werehusky
ninjette.org member

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): Ninjette(sold), 2011 ZX-10r

If you want to ride FM4 sometime on the weekend I'm down.
Werehusky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 29th, 2010, 10:49 AM   #122
FrugalNinja250
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Frugal

Motorcycle(s): Several

I'm headed out to Mineral Wells tomorrow afternoon to look at some firebrick for a kiln I'm building, fwiw. Sunday is still free.
FrugalNinja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 29th, 2010, 09:30 PM   #123
addy126

Name: addy126

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki N-250 + '09 Vulcan 900 Classic Lt

I'm doin a ride with the "Hardley" group I run with..... East towards Canton Saturday.
addy126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 8th, 2010, 05:57 PM   #124
emdsd
Ninjette Enthusiast

Name: Evan

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Ninja 250R, 2008 Ninja 250R

I'll be "working" the IMS Saturday from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM

My son Nathaniel and I will be helping with one of the two survey site at the Dallas International Motorcycle Show from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM so come by and say "howdy." Would love meet some of you folks.

Doc

Dr. Evan Yeager
emdsd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 12th, 2010, 08:03 AM   #125
FrugalNinja250

So, how many are going, does anyone want to meet for lunch, how will we recognize each other, where do we want to meet? I suggest that we can all gather at the Ninja 250's on display at the Kawasaki dealer booth on the hour, say 10am, 11am, noon. For that matter, maybe we could meet for breakfast before heading out? It opens at 9:30 am.

I don't have internet after 5pm on Fridays and not at all on weekends, so if anyone wants to get ahold of me they can call me at *. Leave a message if I don't answer, I may be on the bike and won't be able to answer right away.

Last futzed with by FrugalNinja250; November 14th, 2010 at 12:05 PM.

Old November 13th, 2010, 06:52 PM   #126
addy126

I went Friday nite, smaller crowd, sale booths full of stuff and watched some of Jason Britton laying down his rubber. Saw the new Honda CBR 250, sat on it, like the positioning of the clutch/brake and hand controls and digitals, loved the tail treatment... but still prefer the ergos on the N-250 and the general look of the bike. I was drawn again to the N-650... for some weird reason.

Old November 15th, 2010, 07:29 AM   #127
FrugalNinja250

It was a nice show, maybe not as nice as last year's (no KTM or Buell, reduced presence of custom/art bikes) but it was still nice to hang out with a few thousand people who all like bikes too. I got there a tad later than I'd planned, but hung out at the Kawi booth at 11, 12, and 1. I met EMDSD, really cool fellow to chat with, and his son Nate. Talked to lots of venders and such, the most interesting of which was the guy manning the Ducati booth section that had a Desmo motor on a stand. We talked tech for quite a while, it was a blast.

The free parking was, as usual, super easy to get to and very convenient to the convention center (at the front door). The bikes out in the parking lot were a varied lot, from current stuff to really old and obscure.

As near as I can tell there is only one bike show a year here in Dallas, which strikes me as absurd because of the size of the riding population here. Maybe that will change in the future as the percentage of the population getting on two wheels increases.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ratninja.jpg (43.5 KB, 10 views)

Old November 15th, 2010, 07:51 PM   #128
addy126

Frug.. I'm surprised there is not a "spring" show somewhere in town. Always check out the "auto" buildings at the big Fair downtown in hopes of a group of m/c dealers usually to no avail. This year Yamaha put in a booth with small sampling of sport and cruisers which was nice. I perused it twice as a matter of fact. Guess the cost of renting booth space there isn't conducive to the cost of running it. Small returns I suppose.

Old November 23rd, 2010, 08:44 PM   #129
emdsd
Ninjette Enthusiast

East Texas Ride is on for Saturday. November 27, 2010

I am meeting a few Ninja 250 Riders Club members at Edom, Texas to have some home cooking at The Shed: http://theshedcafe.com. We plan to be at the Shed between noon and 1:00 PM.

The North Texas contingent will meet at the Wal-Mart in Commerce at 9:30 (My father was recently placed in a nursing home there and I need to drop by). KSU will be at 9:45 AM.

It will be cold so bundle up. I am placing the KSU a little late so we can fill up in Commerce and make the 90 mile run with no stops. I plan on taking the back roads to through Lone Oak, Emory, and Grand Saline to get there.

After lunch some of us will be collecting (as in photographing – see my website for examples) Interesting city limit signs in the Edom area including Coffee City and New York.

If you are interested in traveling from the Trenton area with me please contact me directly.

Dr. Evan Yeager

Old February 14th, 2011, 09:38 PM   #130
motogirl724
ninjette.org member

Name: Ashley

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

Just moved back to the Dallas area checking if anyone wants to go for a ride while the weather is still great!

Old February 15th, 2011, 08:57 AM   #131
FrugalNinja250

I'm generally up for a ride, would like a destination with a meal in there somewhere. Last year I rode to the Hard 8 BBQ joint in Stephenville, it was a nice country ride taking back roads through Glen Rose.

Old February 15th, 2011, 08:20 PM   #132
dungY
ninjette.org member

Name: Danny

Motorcycle(s): kawasaki Ninja 250

im up for a group ride..... riding by myself starts sucking after a while lol
dungY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 16th, 2011, 05:56 PM   #133
TXninjaGirl
ninjette.org member

Name: Stephanie

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

I'm down too... I'm lovin this weather .....just need enough time to be able to ask off from work. about at least a week and 1/2 in advance ..

Old March 4th, 2011, 08:54 PM   #134
Dat_Ninja_There
Shinobi Rider

Name: Seth

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Passion Red Ninja 250R

New owner here, looking for people to ride with. I'm out in McKinney but can meet anywhere.
Dat_Ninja_There is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 11th, 2011, 01:46 PM   #135
Mizono
ninjette.org member

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Red Ninja 250R

I'm getting my ninja in about a month and am looking for DFW peeps to ride with. Figured I would hit this thread up!!
Mizono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 15th, 2011, 07:05 AM   #136
FrugalNinja250

We're about halfway through prime spring riding weather here, temp wise. I'll be doing my annual pilgrimage to Irby's Burgers & Catfish in Grandbury, taking some nice scenic back roads to get there. I'll also be doing a back country ride to Hard Eight BGBQ in Stephenville, also taking back roads. Both routes are not particularly technical and I don't ride to scrape pegs anyway. Just a nice cool late morning ride. If anyone's interested in joining me let me know.

I'd also be interested in a Saturday or Sunday meet-n-greet in town, lunch or dinner, just to hang out and get to know one another.

Old April 15th, 2011, 07:51 AM   #137
Mizono
ninjette.org member

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Red Ninja 250R

As soon as i get the bike expect a PM from me to make one of those rides happen. Im really looking for people around here to ride with!!
Mizono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 15th, 2011, 08:32 AM   #138
Yasko
Texas Newbie

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 07 Ninja EX250, 07 FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalNinja250 View Post
We're about halfway through prime spring riding weather here, temp wise. I'll be doing my annual pilgrimage to Irby's Burgers & Catfish in Grandbury, taking some nice scenic back roads to get there. I'll also be doing a back country ride to Hard Eight BGBQ in Stephenville, also taking back roads. Both routes are not particularly technical and I don't ride to scrape pegs anyway. Just a nice cool late morning ride. If anyone's interested in joining me let me know.

I'd also be interested in a Saturday or Sunday meet-n-greet in town, lunch or dinner, just to hang out and get to know one another.
How long was your round trip last year??? What roads did you take???
Yasko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 15th, 2011, 10:41 AM   #139
FrugalNinja250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasko View Post
How long was your round trip last year??? What roads did you take???
Which round trip? One of them was 1,648 miles...

I'll have to find my notes, but IIRC the Hard Eight route was about 160-ish and the Irby's route was 80-ish round trip.

Old December 29th, 2011, 10:19 PM   #140
auknight
ninjette.org member

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 SE

Hey guys. Just thought I would piggyback on this thread. There's a route that I've been riding just north of Waxahachie that I like very much. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in riding through as a group. I'm really just looking for a few people at most, as we will be going through small towns. I also would like to check out the small philly cheesesteak joint at the beginning.

Basically, the ride starts in Ferris, down to Waxahachie, up to Midlothian. Speed limit range low 35 but mostly 55 mph. It's moderately twisty but don't expect to drag any knees. (Actually, there are some sharp turns on the last leg, but you can see a lot of loose debris so I wouldn't take them too hard.) I'll provide a Google Maps link at the end.

So look over the route, let me know what you guys think, and whether or not you are interested. Perhaps some of you are already familiar with that route. Also, I don't have a problem with the cold so the only considerations regarding weather would be no rain or snow. Hopefully some of you are on the same page

Oh, I'm looking at sometime from now until Jan 17th. After that, I will be unavailable for an unknown timeframe.

Google Directions

auknight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 2nd, 2012, 03:37 PM   #141
Werehusky
ninjette.org member

I could ride with you on the weekend or sometime next week auknight.

Old January 2nd, 2012, 04:19 PM   #142
auknight
ninjette.org member

Thumbs up

Cool. If this weekend is fine with you I'm down with it. It'll be a tentative timeframe cause as of today my availability has changed lol. I'll know in the next couple days what my schedule will be like.

Old January 3rd, 2012, 01:14 PM   #143
Werehusky
ninjette.org member

Or anytime next week, school doesn't start back till the 16th so I'm good. I'm doing a winter course right now, and we get done Friday.

Old January 3rd, 2012, 05:14 PM   #144
auknight
ninjette.org member

I have good news and bad news. Good news, I have a new job starting right away Bad news I have to cancel this ride as I will be unavailable the rest of the month . I would still like to organize a group ride but it will have to be in the later future.

@Werehusky I appreciate you joining in and I apologize for having to pull out all of a sudden. Once i get settled into my new job I will plan for another ride and I hope you can still make time to participate.

Old March 19th, 2012, 08:04 PM   #145
motogirl724
ninjette.org member

Weather is heating up again!! Anyone want to ride around the Dallas area?

Old March 21st, 2012, 10:23 AM   #146
emdsd
Ninjette Enthusiast

Always like riding. What's not to like (except $4.00 a gallon fuel).

Doc

Dr. Evan Yeager

Old March 25th, 2012, 08:21 PM   #147
bigred12
ninjette.org member

Name: richard

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

Smile Ride

HEY there just got my 2012 ninja 250 and have not met any riders as well, im from dallas mesquite area and am down to ride, let me know thanks
bigred12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 25th, 2012, 08:51 PM   #148
randy328
CMRA Mini Endurance #6

Name: Randy

Motorcycle(s): CBR954, CBR600RR, EX250

March 31/April 1, come out to Eagles Canyon Raceway and see what's going on at the trackday!
CMRA #328
Ridesmart.info Instructor
randy328 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 28th, 2012, 03:59 PM   #149
auknight
ninjette.org member

Hey all. This is my first post since crashing back in January. I never wrote about it so this is my first mention of it. I got my bike back in working order, with a few repalcement parts needed in the queue. Also will be looking at new gear, wih a more thorough understanding of the capabilities and limitations of my current setup.

Anyway, Im on the road again, lessons have been learned on my part, and i have goals for improvement so now casually seeing who is up for a ride around dfw area, or perhaps the route i submitted previously.

Old March 28th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #150
LCR
ninjette.org member

Name: Lance

Motorcycle(s): Cruiser, street, and track

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy328 View Post
March 31/April 1, come out to Eagles Canyon Raceway and see what's going on at the trackday!
I Agree with this guy. I'll be in California otherwise I'd be there. You can never go wrong hanging out at a track day.
LCR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 3rd, 2012, 09:05 PM   #151
FrugalNinja250

I've been wanting to put together something for the local riders for a couple of years now, maybe 2012 will be the year. What I propose is fairly simple: A group of us ride to somewhere like a restaurant where we can eat a nice meal and have fun as fellow Ninja 250 riders. No competition, no seeing who's faster around through the twisties, just a social gathering.

If others in the area are willing to set aside a nice Saturday in the upcoming weeks, I'd humbly suggest a ride down to Grandbury where there's a nice hole in the wall catfish place called Irby's Hamburgers, or alternatively, there's an awesome BBQ joint called the Hard 8 located in Stephenville. Either would be a nice place to have lunch, swap stories, and generally be sociable.

Old April 4th, 2012, 05:44 AM   #152
bigred12
ninjette.org member

Name: richard

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

Dude that sounds like a really good idea would like to.start to enjoy this weather. Once you get a list together of riders and decide on a date let me know. Count me in thanks
Posted via Mobile Device
bigred12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 27th, 2012, 07:03 AM   #153
MrTsquared903
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r

New to the forums. Pretty much the same as everyone else. Haven't seen any other ninjas around Dallas but pretty much down to ride any time
MrTsquared903 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 27th, 2012, 07:23 AM   #154
emdsd
Ninjette Enthusiast

It's the summer. It's time to ride! Works for me.

Dr. Evan Yeager

Old July 2nd, 2012, 03:30 PM   #155
polokid699
ninjette.org member

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 2007 ZZR600

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXninjaGirl View Post
Anyone out here in the DFW area wanna meet up sometime? I've been riding about a month now and still haven't met any riders...lol.. and i kinda want to start up a group (or join a group, though i haven't heard anything about one) that meets up around once a month....anyways I'm located in North Richland Hills if anyone wants to meet up sometime.
I'm new to the group and live in south Ft Worth and would love to join yall sometime
polokid699 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 8th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #156
motogirl724
ninjette.org member

I wish I could ride! Need my carbs cleaned because my bike has been sitting too long. Anyone able to help? I can provide assistance (financial and labor) Thanks

Old August 11th, 2012, 10:08 PM   #157
MasterCylinder
ninjette.org member

Name: Bryan

Motorcycle(s): '90 ex250

This group still alive?
MasterCylinder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 12th, 2012, 04:06 AM   #158
emdsd
Ninjette Enthusiast

Good question.

I get a post now and then but no one ever does anything. I have given up trying to get folks to do rides as no one has shown up or responded in a couple of years.

I suspect folks have just gotten busy with life and moved on.

Dr. Evan Yeager

Old August 12th, 2012, 07:47 AM   #159
MrTsquared903
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r

Not sure about the group but I'm around. Same as @emdsd, haven't really gotten any respones
MrTsquared903 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 12th, 2012, 09:23 AM   #160
FrugalNinja250

I'm still here as well. i have no idea why it's so hard to motivate the local riders to attend a social gathering. I know there are lots of members here.