ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old May 11th, 2012, 03:05 PM   #1
Stingray1000
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Do not order from jafrum.com!!!!!

First off I couldn't post this in the market place cause I ain't been around for 30 days (up to you where you want this Alex :P)

So I ordered some boots and gloves from Jafrum.com. I ordered mesh gloves and riding boots. Well I ordered size 12 boots. I have the confirmation page saved as html. (I always do this on internet orders) So When I received my sale confirmation e-mail the next day it said size 11... So I called them that day and everytime I called I sat on hold 12 minutes jsut to leave a message. I called them 8 times left numerous messages and I also sent them an e-mail!!!!!!! The next day when I woke up I got the tracking information... I tried to call them 3 times again with no result. So yesterday afternoon at work I got a call. I answered it and the lady told me it was a mistake on MY part but since i sent an e-mail before they got shipped they would send me a return shipping label and ship the 12's out as soon as they got the 11's back. I asked because of the inconvenience could they ship the 12's now and I would ship the 11's back and if I didn't they could jsut run my card.... She said she would speak to management and send me an e-mail.... I even told her I would send her the html afterwards to show her the size I ordered.

So I got another call a few min ago and she told me that because they have such a high call and e-mail volume they could not gaurantee any fixes AND they would not be shipping me a return label. I'd have to pay to ship them the 11's and then pay them 10.00 to get shipped the right size... I told them I would be refusing the shipment and will be contacting the BBB and if my money was not credited back in full I will be pursuing other means and getting other people involved. I explained that I was already going to post this on every motorcycle forum I was a part of and because of me I gaurantee they will lose tons of business because they can't handle the "Volume" of their business.
Stingray1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 11th, 2012, 03:12 PM   #2
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Just the name sounds sketchy

Oh and, sportbiketrackgear.com all day everyday
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 11th, 2012, 03:17 PM   #3
xSean13

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

Call back but request that YOU speak with THE MANAGER, not her. From her end, all she hears is blah blah, but once you speak with someone higher up, it should get taken care of, and if you play it right, they might even take a percentage off or give you a discount coupon code or something for your next order.

Lol, I think they added this at the bottom of their website just for you:
"Not responsible for typographical, illustrative or technical errors. Prices, specifications, images and terms are subject to change without notice."
xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 11th, 2012, 03:21 PM   #4
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
i suggest group flogging. post the email address and phone number, and when you get a chance, fire off a hate mail.

Old May 11th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #5
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

Dude...why do you guys order from some unknown retailer? I just don't get it.

Old May 11th, 2012, 03:24 PM   #6
Stingray1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
Just the name sounds sketchy

Oh and, sportbiketrackgear.com all day everyday
You're saying go order, or do not order from that site?

Old May 11th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #7
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Do order from there
AFM #676

Old May 11th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #8
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray1000 View Post
You're saying go order, or do not order from that site?
he is saying, cancel your current order with jafrum, tell your bank its a fraudulent charge from the company, file a complaint with the BBB, reject the shipment from jafrum and have UPS return it for free. then once yoou are done, go buy **** from sportbiketrackgear.com.

and yes- you can cancel the charge on your bank account, and reject the package from ups and they will return to sender for free. you make jafrum pay the shipping costs of their mistake.

Old May 11th, 2012, 03:29 PM   #9
Boom King
So, where's the reverse?

Name: Anson

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

I second the suggestion to speak to a manager. If that doesn't work, then bring out the heavy guns. I also browsed through their website to look at their refund policy and noticed this:

Quote:
I received an item/size that was not as ordered. What should I do?

We sometimes make a mistake and send you wrong color/size. This is very rare but if this happens please send it back to us and we will send you the color/size you asked for, and also will refund the shipping charges you incurred. But if you want refund and does not want us to correct the mistake, this will fall under our normal return policy and we can give only item price refund.
A crappy policy when you have to pay out of pocket first for their mistake.
Boom King is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 11th, 2012, 03:31 PM   #10
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
It's also worded like an immigrant used google translator
AFM #676

Old May 11th, 2012, 03:36 PM   #11
Stingray1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
i suggest group flogging. post the email address and phone number, and when you get a chance, fire off a hate mail.
Phone number = everyone staying on hold for 12 minutes till they can leave a message..... but 877-464-3563

E-mail you have to go to their site and enter the order # and everything to send an e-mail. you don't get an actual e-mail address it's an online form you fill out.
They are based out of Washington State...
Seemed pretty legit to me

Old May 11th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #12
xSean13

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom King View Post
I second the suggestion to speak to a manager. If that doesn't work, then bring out the heavy guns. I also browsed through their website to look at their refund policy and noticed this:

A crappy policy when you have to pay out of pocket first for their mistake.
I also liked this little gem:

"In rare occasions, should an item ordered be out of stock, you agree that an item of similar weight, material and color may be substituted at the discretion of www.jafrum.com"

Basically, you order what you want..if they don't have it, then they send you anything that weighs the same, same material, and matches in color
xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 11th, 2012, 03:46 PM   #13
NJ Ninjette
ninjette.org member

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R, 2007 Husky TE 250, 2002 KTM EXC 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray1000 View Post
They are based out of Washington State...
Seemed pretty legit to me
Seemed legit to me too. I've ordered from there before and haven't had much issue, except I had to remind them about an order then it shipped that day. That was my last order.

I think they must drop ship as the couple orders I got were shipped from SC.
NJ Ninjette is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 11th, 2012, 05:11 PM   #14
Stingray1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixter View Post
Drop shipping is extremely common in a wide variety of businesses. It can be a benefit to consumers because it means they do not have to warehouse items or have a delay in providing them. This in turn means that you can save some cash, providing the ordering channel is properly set up to drop ship. Some systems are really good that way others not so much.

I would not fault someone for drop shipping, I see nothing wrong with it unless it is done poorly or it takes considerably longer to get the item (like they drop ship from China). But I would consider delayed shipping or incorrect/incomplete orders a problem whether or not it was drop shipped.

Old May 11th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #15
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixter View Post
Drop shipping is extremely common in a wide variety of businesses. It can be a benefit to consumers because it means they do not have to warehouse items or have a delay in providing them. This in turn means that you can save some cash, providing the ordering channel is properly set up to drop ship. Some systems are really good that way others not so much.

I would not fault someone for drop shipping, I see nothing wrong with it unless it is done poorly or it takes considerably longer to get the item (like they drop ship from China). But I would consider delayed shipping or incorrect/incomplete orders a problem whether or not it was drop shipped.
I ordered from a local place listing my item online as "in-stock" and offering $0 handling for local pick-ups. There were NO pickup instructions and the FAQ only mention stuff about shipping returns. I had to call and leave voicemails even though it was during business hours. Sure enough, it was going to take "at least" four days. When I finally got the call back, it was also too late to have it in for that day's shipment from the real location in TX and I had to wait through the weekend for a part I kinda needed ASAP. When I finally got a call that it arrived, I called back and said that I'd be able to pick it up after work as I got off at 3PM only a few miles away. I said this by email and voicemail (received both notices that way and replied to both). After work, I still couldn't get an answer and when I showed up at their "warehouse" (actually, an office) there was no answer. Businesses next door said that they were never "open" and just showed up for a few minutes every couple of days. How the heck are you supposed to arrange for a pick up?!

These drop-shippers masquerading as legit in-stock parts "warehouses" are a bunch of wanna-bes suckering people in with false promises. When the guy called me back, I told him that I was no longer in a hurry and asked him to go ahead and order another part I wanted and discussed previously. I asked him to call me back or send me an invoice or something (it wasn't on his site) and I never heard back. It's been 1.5 more weeks and I've just been too busy to call. I'm pretty sure he's just sitting on my original order and hasn't even placed the other one.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 11th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #16
Bosgarage57
ninjette.org sage

Name: Luke

Motorcycle(s): 06 Buell Uly, 05 VStar 1100

Ive ordered numerous things from jafrum as well as d2moto and leatherup.com. never had a problem at all. I've sent 2 pair of pants back from leatherup and they took it no problem. I also got a pair of pants from them and the zipper broke. The lady said I could either send it back and get a new pair, or take it to a local shop and they would pay for it. Cost $22 to put a new zipper on and they credited my credit card for it.

A lot of people have trouble out of the places listed above, but I've never had and will shop them if I need anything first.
Bosgarage57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 11th, 2012, 07:46 PM   #17
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
These drop-shippers masquerading as legit in-stock parts "warehouses" are a bunch of wanna-bes suckering people in with false promises.
Concur. Dennis Kirk keeps their stuff in their own warehouse - if they say it is in stock, they can physically go and touch it. Service good too. And Revzilla and Sportbiketrackgear have super solid service and great selection. No need to go anywhere else unless you are looking at speciality gear.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 14th, 2012, 03:35 AM   #18
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
Just reviewed this website in detail - Jafrum.com is not recommended.

If anyone has difficulties with them, I strongly suggest filing a complaint with BBB on them here: http://www.bbb.org/charlotte/busines...otte-nc-116810. They are a Better Business Bureau member, and have about a complaint per month filed against them there. And they have a record of resolving 18 of the last 20 complaints filed. So not only does filing with the BBB help others get good input about the company, it is likely to help get any concerns sorted.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 14th, 2012, 05:16 AM   #19
nakedhunter
ninjette.org member

Name: Naked

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R (RED)

I just ordered a helmet from jafrum last week and it was delivered Saturday. No problems at all, but I will avoid them in the future...
nakedhunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 14th, 2012, 05:48 AM   #20
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

jafrum.com is not too far from my house. The first and last time I dealt with them, I called them to ask about some merchandise. It took forever to get someone on the phone and they had no idea if they had the merchandise in the warehouse locally, then said they could get it shipped from TX and couldn't come and do a local pick up.

They also spammed ninja250forum.com with about 50 member accounts / e-mail addresses from their I.P. address with their advertising info all over them. One of their local competitors is Competition Accessories. They have a full warehouse and showroom in Rock Hill, SC, that a lot of bikers travel too to get good deals on stuff. They have stuff Cycle Gear doesn't have and some of it cheaper. Been to COMPACC quite a few times and the folks there are really helpful.
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 14th, 2012, 07:34 PM   #21
menikmati
crash 250, get supersport

Name: Richard

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R SE (Sold 6/9/14), 2009 ZX-6R (Sold 6/25/14), Subaru BRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfloyd2002 View Post
Concur. Dennis Kirk keeps their stuff in their own warehouse - if they say it is in stock, they can physically go and touch it. Service good too. And Revzilla and Sportbiketrackgear have super solid service and great selection. No need to go anywhere else unless you are looking at speciality gear.
I can definitely recommend Revzilla, multiple warehouses with fast order processing and shipping. They are also very helpful when it comes to price matching and having videos/reviews for the products that they sell.
menikmati is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 14th, 2012, 08:41 PM   #22
etiainen
CBR250R Traitor

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Red CBR250R 2009 Ninja 250r SE(With 2008 Fairings)(sold)

^^^^

This.

If you live around Philly you can check out their warehouse and try stuff on!
etiainen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 14th, 2012, 09:19 PM   #23
ai4px
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 650r 2009 Vulcan 800 2005

I sent them a simple query as to availablity of a particular size helmet my wife wanted.

My email:
I'm interested in a Large Vega Helmet - Vega Helmet XTS Leather Flame, but all you have is XL. Any idea when these will be restocked?

Their cryptic answer:
Thank you for contacting the Customer Service Support Team regarding this issue, The way that is works is, if the site will allow you to add the item in question to your cart then yes it is available in that size and style, if not then it was removed due to out of stock or simply no longer an item available. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you and hope that we can assist you further with any needs that you might have. Thanks for your time and business.

In other words, if they have it, they have it, if not, then not. I wrote them back and asked DIRECTLY for the estimated availability and have not gotten an answer. It's a shame because they are literally 1.5 hours from my house, UPS shipping would be like next day.
ai4px is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 14th, 2012, 10:07 PM   #24
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai4px View Post
I sent them a simple query as to availablity of a particular size helmet my wife wanted.

My email:
I'm interested in a Large Vega Helmet - Vega Helmet XTS Leather Flame, but all you have is XL. Any idea when these will be restocked?

Their cryptic answer:
Thank you for contacting the Customer Service Support Team regarding this issue, The way that is works is, if the site will allow you to add the item in question to your cart then yes it is available in that size and style, if not then it was removed due to out of stock or simply no longer an item available. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you and hope that we can assist you further with any needs that you might have. Thanks for your time and business.

In other words, if they have it, they have it, if not, then not. I wrote them back and asked DIRECTLY for the estimated availability and have not gotten an answer. It's a shame because they are literally 1.5 hours from my house, UPS shipping would be like next day.
I don't know what's so confusing about it. Add it to the cart and you know they have at least one. Why would you need to know how many they have? I've ordered the last one of more than one particular item from NewEnough/MotorcycleGear.com and I didn't know until I saw that it was no longer available in that color and size right after I placed my order. I then received my order. Most recently: Blue/White/Black 2XL Cortech by Tourmaster HDX gloves (I bought the Black/Black/Black ones in 2008). They disappeared from the site after I placed my order but arrived in a couple days because I ordered the last set.

Old May 15th, 2012, 01:31 PM   #25
ai4px
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 650r 2009 Vulcan 800 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
I don't know what's so confusing about it. Add it to the cart and you know they have at least one. Why would you need to know how many they have? I've ordered the last one of more than one particular item from NewEnough/MotorcycleGear.com and I didn't know until I saw that it was no longer available in that color and size right after I placed my order. I then received my order. Most recently: Blue/White/Black 2XL Cortech by Tourmaster HDX gloves (I bought the Black/Black/Black ones in 2008). They disappeared from the site after I placed my order but arrived in a couple days because I ordered the last set.
To be fair, yes they kinda answered the question... and if the question had been "how do I know if you have something in stock", the answer they provided wouldda been fine. But the question was "when will the item be back in stock?"

As for me using the term "cryptic", the email I got was a comglomerated mess, what I posted here was as close as they got to answering my question of "when" and only about 1/3 to 1/4 of the text they actually sent me. It was as if they copy pasted several answers into one email. Yes, I didn't show all of that here, shame on me...

Anyway, I haven't ordered from them yet... just not getting a good vibe.
ai4px is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 15th, 2012, 01:56 PM   #26
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai4px View Post
To be fair, yes they kinda answered the question... and if the question had been "how do I know if you have something in stock", the answer they provided wouldda been fine. But the question was "when will the item be back in stock?"

As for me using the term "cryptic", the email I got was a comglomerated mess, what I posted here was as close as they got to answering my question of "when" and only about 1/3 to 1/4 of the text they actually sent me. It was as if they copy pasted several answers into one email. Yes, I didn't show all of that here, shame on me...

Anyway, I haven't ordered from them yet... just not getting a good vibe.
They probably misinterpreted "how do I know when it will be in stock?" as "how do I know when it is in stock?"

Old May 15th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #27
NJ Ninjette
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etiainen View Post
^^^^

This.

If you live around Philly you can check out their warehouse and try stuff on!
I do live near Philly where are they located?? It would be great to try gear on before buying it.

Old May 15th, 2012, 04:34 PM   #28
etiainen
CBR250R Traitor

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Red CBR250R 2009 Ninja 250r SE(With 2008 Fairings)(sold)

http://www.revzilla.com/philadelphia-motorcycle-store

Everyone is really helpful there. They really take care of your needs.

You can call beforehand and ask if they have something in stock as well.
etiainen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 15th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #29
NJ Ninjette
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etiainen View Post
http://www.revzilla.com/philadelphia-motorcycle-store

Everyone is really helpful there. They really take care of your needs.

You can call beforehand and ask if they have something in stock as well.
Very cool, thanks