ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old May 23rd, 2024, 10:40 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[cycleworld.com] - Grazie Capitano

Espargaró chose his home race, in Barcelona, to announce his retirement from MotoGP at the end of the season.

Click here to view on their site.

2024 Aprilia All Stars on the Horizon June 8 at Misano (Aprilia/)Aprilia Press Release:

Espargaró chose his home race, in Barcelona, to announce his retirement from MotoGP at the end of the season. He chose this track because he grew up in Granollers, just a few kilometers away from the paddock, and because a year ago he wrote one of the most memorable pages of Aprilia Racing history with a one-two finish with Maverick.

Aleix’s career is closely linked to Aprilia Racing, for eight seasons he has raced with the Italian team, marking the most beautiful moments in its recent history. He has won three Grand Prix races (Argentina 2022, Silverstone and Barcelona 2023), a sprint race (Barcelona 2023) and clinched 3 pole positions and 10 podiums.

However, the story doesn’t end here. There is still a long season ahead of us, starting from Barcelona where Aleix and Aprilia Racing have always delivered outstanding performances.

Aleix Espargaró - I am happy to announce my retirement as a full-time rider. It has been a wonderful 20 years in this paddock and I am very happy and proud of what we have achieved together with Aprilia. We made history and that will never be forgotten. I have had so much fun and we have created an incredible human group. We have a very nice weekend ahead of us, at a track I like and where I am fast, and there are still plenty of races left until Valencia to be competitive.

Maverick Viñales - Aleix is a great teammate. We have spent four years together and lived unforgettable moments. Together, we take Aprilia to the top, I have great memories with Aleix. We still have a year ahead of us to take Aprilia even higher together.

Massimo Rivola - Thank you Aleix, because with you we have built an incredible story. Thank you for not giving up in difficult moments and for being a great example for all of us. You won the captain’s armband on the field by merit. You gave us the first podium, the first pole position, the first victory here in Barcelona and the first one-two with Maverick. Your spirit, with your ups and downs, with your character, reflect the energy of this team and of the whole Noale factory. I don’t know what you will do in the future, but you will always remain an Aprilia rider. From today a new page opens for the rider market and Aprilia Racing will certainly not stand idly by. With our style, we will ensure a great future for this team, which you have helped to make a true top team.