ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old May 12th, 2011, 10:25 AM   #1
oroboros
GDTRFB

Name: Drew

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250 - sold 2005 EX500R project

I got a warning...

This could be one of those times where looking like a 600 or other large sport bike was not in my favor.

After coming out of a rather famous mountain pass the road straightens out nicely and travels along a lake. For some strange reason the speed limit is 40mph. I should know better as I have seen folks getting pulled over here several times but apparently I was going 60mph when a LEO passed me. I did not even flinch when I saw him as I thought for sure he would not bother me for a few miles /hour over the limit (granted I thought I was going about 55).

When he found out I was local and had no other tickets he let me off with a warning. This warning was a written warning so they got my number...

Funny thing was when he saw the bike was a 250 he was surprised. He thought it was a 600. We then got to chat about the officers interest in getting a sport bike but he did not want some monster bike that can go 175mph (his words). I told him to go check out the 250 since not only is it fun but its an inexpensive way to get into a sport bike. I may have made a sale for Kawasaki. I had to promise to slow down (I may have made a little white lie)

I guess it was good that I did not meet him a few miles up the road where I doubt I would have been let go with a warning

Old May 12th, 2011, 10:33 AM   #2
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Name: CB

Motorcycle(s): Depends on the week you ask

I've had so many tickets on that mountain pass just for blinking. They are usually pretty hard on you. Was he on his way home? That particular stretch of road is notorius for tickets. They like to hide...
TnNinjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2011, 10:40 AM   #3
oroboros
GDTRFB

It was Blount County cop and he was heading south. I was heading home and we just passed each other. I know they hide too!

The speed limit there on 129 is kinda silly imho. I will now take it real easy on that stretch. I turn off onto the PKWY so it's just a few miles.

Old May 12th, 2011, 10:43 AM   #4
TnNinjaGirl
Ms. Personality

Name: CB

Motorcycle(s): Depends on the week you ask

The speed limit is kind of silly, but I'm not a fan of speed limits anyways. The straights get me, and the lake road. They are like Ninja's in the bushes there. Another thing about the Dragon, it usually doesn't matter what you are doing on the Dragon, they will find a reason to ticket you. OH! Watch out for 321 coming off of Cherahala too...
TnNinjaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2011, 01:28 PM   #5
rusninja
Ninjette wanabe :D

Name: Ruslan

Motorcycle(s): white 300 :D

better hope he doesnt join and see your post next time it might be personal XD
rusninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2011, 03:10 PM   #6
oroboros
GDTRFB

Ha, I thought about that. If gets a 2fiddy we will find him carving the back roads. I got a feeling he wants to secretly drag a knee
Posted via Mobile Device
oroboros is offline   Reply With Quote